Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant
2500 Kuhio Ave
Inside Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mac247waikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089215564x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Lunch: Daily 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Dinner: Daily 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: James Aptakin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Special menus available. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room perfect family gatherings & celebrations and business meetings for up to 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Silva 8089215564x
A word from Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant
THE place to see & be seen! Waikiki's premier 24-hour restaurant featuring our twist on Modern American comfort food with full-service bar. You never know who will be stopping by!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (13)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Bigger than your head breakfest!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We shared the "Big Daddy Pancakes" W/ Toppings on the side, a side of bacon and an order of scrambled eggs. They were delicious. The three of us couldn't finish em'. Our server Felipe L was excellent!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEBjazzleDined on 10/7/2014We ate here twice during our Waikiki stay. Absolutely loved it.Special Features:
- EmliDined on 10/6/2014So many other better restaurants in the area for a lot less. Plus side - service was efficient and spinach salad was good.
- Best we hadHawaii50Dined on 9/9/2014While staying in Honolulu we eat at several different restaurants and we like thiamin the best. The pupu of crispy rock shrimp and calamari was excellant!! We ordered Mai tais and they were the best that I had while staying in Waikiki. Just the right amount of all ingredients and I could really taste coconut unlike any others that I had while staying in Waikiki. We ordered the Ultimate Hawaiian Combo and shared. Excellant food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise private roomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We were super happy with our own private room with a family group of 13, 6 of which were kids under 10! It was nice 2 just have our own area. Getting water just on the side which was a 1st for our trip, great service & lovely meals...we will go back again thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is terriblecwostockDined on 9/1/2014We came for breakfast and heard about how good the pancakes were so we gave it a shot. The pancakes had chunks of baking soda in them, and tasted awful. The worst part, for two adults and two kids it was over 70.00.Special Features:
- Service is slowLuvtoshopDined on 8/25/2014We came here because of some good reviews we heard but will not come back again. One of the waiter just keep talking to one of their customer. He is not assigned to serve our table I guest. But to have a good customer service, one should come offer at least glass of water once you are seated. We were seated for at least 10 minutes before someone came to give glass of water. Then it took another 5 minutes for the waiter to get our order. The waiter is nice but not very helpful recommending what food they have if your not familiar with their menu. It just took a long time for our food to be served. Their not even that busy.
- WebsiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had arrived expecting to possibly enjoy a buffet, we were informed when asking about it the buffet is no longer put on. I suggest if you are making this type of change you update the website as we'll.
- Great ambiance, but.....KCteabagDined on 7/27/2014The waitperson was very attentive taking our order for 7 people for breakfast. After about 15-25 minutes she came back w/ our coffee, teas, and juices. We made our reservations early because we wanted to avoid the crowd, which we were able to do, however, after waiting another 20 minutes I was surprised that our food had not come yet. When our food arrived, my order was incorrect and another order was lacking the main dish but the side order came first. I was disappointed because it was not the wait persons fault, but the cooks who didn't read the correct order and made the part of the food late.....like an after thought.Special Features:
- Awesome, friendly staff!!KallieDined on 7/26/2014We were on island for the night and wanted to get together with family I haven't seen in a while. Was worried about needing a reservation (we had a party of 10) and found that it was convenient that I could book online. The wait was maybe a half hour and the servers were awesome and very friendly. To top it off, the food was delicious, everything we ordered was amazing!! I will definitely make it a point to come back, and recommend just on their service alone!! We loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my thing is...ExperiencesVariesDined on 7/25/20141. Needs more parking. Friend was refused valet parking so she left. 2. Combine menu. With the location and modern look, 2 sheets of paper does not impress. 3. More efficient way of serving. There was times we were looking for the waitress instead of her checking on us. It's understandable if it's busy but it was not. Something I did like was the total for the tips i could give. That was very helpful.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant reviews archive.
- Not as good as the last time I cameLocalDinerDined on 5/18/2014I remember eating here about 5 years ago and thought it was great. Being a local I know a thing or two about the 'Loco Moco', and it was so good last time that I ordered it again. To my dismay, the portion was about half the size it used to be and for the price, I would definitely NOT order it again. The pancakes were still as GREAT as I remembered though. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was very comfortable and enjoyable. Please please fix the Loco Moco: either a larger portion or half the price other than that very nice place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pancakes!thekelleeDined on 5/18/2014Breakfast is amazing at Mac 24/7 as well as anything else on the menu. But the pancakes are amazing with 6 different toppings.Special Features:
- great menu choicesWeeklyafterchurchDined on 5/18/2014My wine of choice, Pinot Grigio, a bit pricy even during "happy hour"Special Features:
- Great place overallFoodluvRDined on 5/16/2014Everything we had was delicious. The down side to such fresh food is the wait. They cook everything to order so there's no heat lamp meals to be had here but when you are starving as we were, it seemed to take forever but well worth it.Special Features:
- I'll Be Back!!!LuvLifeDined on 5/12/2014Heard about this place from friends; I visited for birthday brunch, my wife and I. plenty of room, swanky-o-so-nice, attentive staff. Had a great brunch. Must return for more of this, and at a different time. Looking forward to it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate mishapNoBcarelessVIPDined on 5/8/2014We used Opentable reservation service. When we arrived the hostess insisted we did not have a reservation. However my third party guest arrived earlier and was seated. The hostess did not state someone already had confirmed my reservations. We waited for 20 mins until my guest went looking for us and found us waiting in the lobby. When seated, we waited another 10 mins for any waitress. We tried to get someone's attention but they ignored us. We had to literally stop another waitress for service. Finally our waitress came to apologize "not knowing" our table was assigned to her. Overall service was fair. Our food arrived early, it was decent and plated well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014Mac 24/7 was recommended by a friend so we checked it out for brunch. It was a Wednesday at noon so pretty empty. It was great! We loved what we got...turkey club, salad, and mac attack breakfast. Huge portions. Server was very attentive, and food came out fast. Side note, I tried their pork belly and spam ramen at SpamJam 2014. If this is on their regular menu order it. It was delicious!Special Features:
- HawaiiFiveOhRomanticCoupleVIPDined on 5/6/2014We'd been to Mac 24/7 before and remembered it as being very solid. Our expectations were met. We had the deep fried calamari and a Hamachi dish as appetizers, a beet salad, and the pork belly as the main course--all of which were very good. The service was excellent. We'd definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Great Food and Great Portionsharpeh1Dined on 5/3/2014I love Mac24/7! You have to come hungry and know that you will get a good size so don't worry about that. The service is great and can be a bit slow but they are very kind and just so busy so be patient with them. We order a drink knowing that in advance and just enjoy ourselves. The Breakfast Menu (served All Day) is our Favorite! I Always get the French Toast and modify the topping (since I am allergic to the walnuts) Try it with Strawberries and Bananas and Coconut Syrup!!! You will not be disappointed. And the Breakfast option for the Chicken Fried Streak is GREAT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds the HypeThomaslawyerDined on 4/25/2014Food and staff exceeded expectations and kids loved the breakfast Buffett. Not cheap, but fair.Special Features:
- OmotenashiHousemountainDined on 4/20/2014Showed around to the seat of the charge which can speak Japanese.Special Features:
- Easter brunchEscoEaterDined on 4/20/2014Mac 24/7 seemed a little over-booked for Easter brunch but they pulled it off. I would have like to have seen a couple more breakfast dishes but the prime rib was good Nd our waitress (taylor) was super friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Was expecting so much more...$42 for Easter brunch that hardly had any breakfast items... Service was very slow...although our waiter was excellent we were disappointed with how slow service was. Food tasted excellent...we had two that decided on buffet and the rest ordered off the menu. Would consider trying this again for a normal late dinner or lunch but was disappointed we spent our Easter here...Special Features:
- excellent mealswrldtrv2VIPDined on 4/19/2014Excellent food, large portions, friendly wait staff. It is definitely worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for familyRuthDined on 3/31/2014Was a great find for our last night in Honolulu where we needed something to please 2 teens and 2 adults. Chicken and waffles a hit with 1 teen. Spaghetti nothing to write home about but the teen who was eating it was glad for a lighter past option than the mac n cheese this restaurant is known for. Adults both had great meals. Both fish and both delicious. Would definitely visit again. Setting in the Hilton Waikiki is nice too - for an in town restaurant. No beach views here be a nice family spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffetsunshinek79Dined on 3/28/2014Tried buffet. Food was very good and the waitress was attentive.Special Features:
- At least I can say I went once...BobbyDined on 3/23/2014Place was chosen as one of few places that was open at midnight in that area. Menu selection was local catered for tourists. For the price you pay... somewhat expected better.Special Features:
- party of 18promguest18Dined on 3/17/2014I had originally made reservations for 14 people, and the workers were kine enough to allow us to add more guests to our table. A huge mahalo for allowing us to enjoy your services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is a hdidenMrsMDined on 3/14/2014This restaurant is a hdiden gem, there was a lot of variety of food,very reasonably priced and great friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday galorebubbly808Dined on 2/28/2014Came here to celebrate my birthday with friends. The food was excellent and the drinks and desserts were good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait staff was great butBigStaceDined on 2/17/2014The wait staff was great but the food was average. I don't think it was any better than anyplace else I have eaten. The bacon is oven cooked so it was extra crispy, in fact too crispy. The pancakes had a nice flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pancakes and waffles werefamilyof4Dined on 2/17/2014Pancakes and waffles were very tasty and exactly what we were hoping for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceVisitorVIPDined on 2/12/2014Mac 24/7is based in a hotel and provides hotel guests with a wide range of choices. The food is good, served hot and presented well, this is matched by the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst. Food. Ever.MaxlunchroomDined on 2/9/2014Wow what a disappointment. Don't be fooled by the flashy menu or trendy music, this place is a greasy spoon ( mutton dressed as lamb ). They were out of some ingredients so just substituted others on the Pan Asian Salad. Both the Lobster BLT and the Fish Burrito were laughably bad. But we weren't laughing. Nice thoughtful service, but who cares when you're given food this bad.
- Mac 24/7 overratedFishdawg808Dined on 1/31/2014Bottom line . The food sucked . Both my wife and I had to return our food to because it was under cookedSpecial Features:
- Great breakfastFunEatsVIPDined on 1/29/2014Not on the water but a good view of the garden, and great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHungrywomanDined on 1/26/2014This restaurant was actually recommended by our own hotel....not sure why, but we later told them NOT to as it was not worthy of a recommendation. 24/7 was a short stroll away, the menu looked good so off we went. Service was sluggish and the overhead rock music was loud and obtrusive. (We requested the music be turned down and it was) The food was mediocre. Fish and chips were below ordinary. My seared Tuna salad was primarily lettuce with stringy tuna and not at all tasty. As it was our last night in HNL we all regretted not finding a better place....WHY did we think a hotel chain would have a really good restaurant? Just hungry I guess....
- How long is dinner supposed to takeMines1Dined on 1/19/2014After waiting to be greeted at the host stand for 15 mins, we were finally greeted and seated. Upon seating, we were brought water and waited another 15 mins before we were greeted by our server. We ordered and mentioned how hungry we were and the pupus still came out about 40 mins later with another 40 min wait for our dinner. It took over 2 hours just to get our food. The food was good although not everyone's meal was hot. Dessert was good and hot and also took about another 20 mins. The 3 hour valet validation was barely enough time!
- food great, but serice very slowsnoops67Dined on 1/18/2014This Was my first time here, I'm local & hardly eat in waikiki but was meeting a friend from Chicago. She was fortunate enough to come to Hawaii without her kids. So my mom babysat my kids so we could have a date night. The waiter was fast about giving us our drinks & taking our order but it took a long time to get our food (about 30-40 mins. Reservations were for 7:00, we got seated right away, didnt start eating until almost 8:00) Our dessert took about 20 mins to get. I would recommend this place if you have time to wait & no kids to entertain. I was disappointed with how they boxed my food. The chicken came with gravy & they didn't box it. There were also onions & peppers on the chicken, they took it off & didn't box that as well :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.