7018 E. Main St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mabelsonmain.com/
- Phone: 4808895580
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Bar: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 2:00 am
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Join World Famous Rani G resident DJ every Friday and Saturday night as he spins your favorite beats.
A word from Mabel's
Located on historic Main Street in Old Town Scottsdale, Mabel’s provides a welcome respite from the everyday, ushering in the glamour and sophistication of mid-century luxury while presenting a contemporary slant on mid-century fare. A well chosen wine list, hand crafted cocktails and tasty renditions of seasonal menu items, reflecting the classics of a bygone era.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mabel's reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- New FavoriteNewFAVDined on 6/21/2014This is a great place to go with you want some good food and good drinks. If you are not a crowded loud club person this is a great late night spot to chill and even dance if you want too.Special Features:
- They can make any occasion rock!CiaoRachelDined on 6/14/2014Invited 10 close friends for the Saturday happy hour (yes, Saturday). Atmosphere is fun, romantic,original and inviting all wrapped up in a sparkly bow. Staff was FABULOUS! I will be a repeat offender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nikki1230Dined on 6/13/2014good happy hour deals, however several times our waitress brought us things we did not order. she got one of our food orders wrong, and brought 2 drinks we did not ask for. food is just OK, nothing special. the decor is fun though and if you are looking for a place with decent drinks to go with friends after work, this place works.
- Mabel's on Main - SpeakeasySpeakeasyKingCozDined on 5/17/2014Beautifully decorated. Knowledgable friendly servers. Attentive GM who made a point to visit our table in an appropriate way and welcome us. Drinks came fast, food was tasty but seems they only offer small appetizer size and not real dinners. All the staff was professional, the place was impeccably clean and the ambience was perfect. Arriving during the transition between early evening, just before the DJ got things started, the 'hot spot' crowd began filing in slowly and the DJ did a great job of offering transition music instead of immediately thumping the bass. This is a classy spot I will recommend and put on my once a month list for certain. I would be interested in seeing a happy hour during the week to see if its more jumpingSpecial Features:
- Great Drinks and RecommendationsEatBigVIPDined on 5/6/2014When I dined here, it was very quiet; it was a weekday evening with just a few people eating. The bartender definitely took care of me. In addition to treating me to a complimentary drink, he also made other recommendations for me to dine (as an out-of-town diner). I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Time - Really Enjoyed It!TammyHDined on 5/3/2014We made reservations, but realized we didn't need to when we arrived. The table they had for us seated 12 and there were only 2 of us. Felt overwhelming, so we moved to the bar for a more intimate setting. Happy hour was great! Lots of food and drink options. Would totally recommend for anyone looking for a good place to relax and hang out for a bit.Special Features:
- Mabel's classy vintageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014Mabel's is a touch of an era gone by with comfortable chairs, hardwood and well dressed staff. While the menu lacks sophistication for foodies, the drinks are very enticing and most people will find something to pique curiosity. Mabel's reminds you of a time when speakeasys were commonplace, and offers a unique perspective for those looking to avoid the mindless drone of bass, and overkill of lighting in larger venues. Think Mercbar, think Kazmierz...think NYC and everything that makes a great local upscale lounge. Different nights feature varying music, so check out the website to determine what night would be right for you.Special Features:
- We will be back!americandevushkaDined on 4/23/2014Service was excellent. Even the bus boy was polite and fun to interact with. The waitress was kind enough to put some items on our voucher at full price and everything over that limit on happy hour pricing. We ordered 3 cocktails-- all were excellent. The macaroni and cheese was probably the best I ever had. My boyfriend cannot stop raving about the shrimp scampi and constantly recommends it to our friends. The apple cake was superb and unlike other Oldtown Scottsdale desserts, was big enough for two people and well worth the $8 we paid for it. The couch style seating made date-night that much cozier. The only somewhat disappointing part of the experience was the flatbread but everything else was so good that it's easily overlooked.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014We had a reservation at ten. There were no tables. It appeared they weren't serving food. Clearly a bar. They should stop reservations earlier.Special Features:
- Great NightPamKDined on 4/12/2014We went early for dinner not knowing what to expect and we were all happily surprised. The food was good and we all loved the small plates. It gave us the opportunity to sample many things. Loved the flat-bread especially the Green eggs and Ham. Drinks were also good. I love a bar that has specialty drinks. It's fun trying new things! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here :)JeeeneeeVIPDined on 4/10/2014We keep coming back because they are awesome. The service has been spectacular and they are very friendly. Food is good and the Happy Hour is a great deal. Again, even though we bring our 5 year old with and it really isn't a 'kid place', they are always very cool about it. Works out for us because we get to go out but do not need a babysitter. And we even got our corner booth this time :) . We will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than average bar foodRobbyVIPDined on 4/5/2014We went to Mabel's with visiting friends to try a "new" spot. The menu looked promising. We were greeted by a gentleman who appeared to be a "bouncer" and the only word he said was "Reservation?".The food was good but I wouldn't call it outstanding. I ate the scallop dish which was good but overcooked. Our server was very friendly but service was a bit slow. We had our 3 year old with us and at around 8:30 a "bouncer" politely told us kids are not allowed after 9 and that we needed to leave by ten till. Overall it was OK but be warned it seems more of a bar with a creative menu than a restaurant. I does have an interesting atmosphere and i might try it again but not with kids.Special Features:
- Overall, a nice place. drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Overall, a nice place. drinks are small and service between drinks is slow, but has a cool design and cool music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour prices! FoodJoJoDined on 3/29/2014Great happy hour prices! Food was excellent! The Bibb lettuce & yellow beet salad was large enough to share. Scallops were delicious and the filet mignon bites (medium rare) were to die for! Two people ordered the cheeseburgers and said they were excellent. Loved the ambience! Reminded me of back East - dark furnishings and dimly lit. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better this time aroundJeeeneeeVIPDined on 3/28/2014We decided to give Mabel's another try because we had previously had some really good experiences there. I am glad we did. The service was excellent and the food also. Only thing I don't understand is everytime we make a reservation and we show up right after they open up but we can't get a corner booth even though that is what I request. But we still had a nice booth and had a very enjoyable experience. We brig our 5 year old with us and they have always been cool with that. Glad to see the previous time must have just been an off night.Special Features:
- Lots of great foodargagnonVIPDined on 3/15/2014Really enjoyed our experience at Mabel's! Great service, fun people, and stellar food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfuljlarsonm9kDined on 3/13/2014I went with a friend and since we had our reservations through Open Table, we were treated like VIP's from the moment we entered. Our table was lovely and the ambiance was great. We had a booth and they are semi-private. The lights were dimmed and the flickering candles reflected on the tin ceiling. The color scheme is warm and rich. There was a band playing and they added a nice touch. The drinks we tried were amazing.We dined on the Chicago-style pizza (fyi, Midwesterners, it has tomato sauce) it is a crispy flatbread creation, and very tasty. We also tried the Deviled Eggs 3 Ways, if you and your bestie love deviled eggs, try it. A little salty all around, but beer takes care of that! We will be back, I want to try the sliders!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour. Until the endOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014We were a group of 7 girls present on a Sat night for a bachelorette party. We showed up at 6pm and ordered food and drinks off of the HH menu. The Mac and cheese was tasty, the scallops were to die for, the service was even great until the bar started to pick up. After 715, our server was MIA for a good amount of time and when one of our party guests tried to ask for our "waitress" another female staff member promptly correctly her by saying " yes I will get your 'server'... Please and thank you". She rudely and abruptly corrected the guest without batting an eyelash and quickly walked away. The manager was very friendly and interactive, the bar staff was even entertaining, but it was the quips made by the staff prior to our exit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the bar, not for diningwilltravel4foodDined on 2/14/2014For Valentine's Day they had a prix fixe menu which was executed fine, but over priced. If we sat at the bar we could have ordered from their regular menu, but that wasn't offered to us. They moved us, but no one was sat at the booth we were moved from. Staff seems capable of handling a bar scene, but not a dining room: silverware came after salads, staff didn't clear plates before next course, water glasses not refilled. Also missed oppty to sell another drink, as one in our party sat with an empty glass since after the salad course: it was ok,we were there under 70 mins for 3 courses. Skip the 21% automatic gratuity, there are better options for creative mixed drinks, good music and friendly bar service within walking distance.Special Features:
- First TimeScottsdaleNightsDined on 2/13/2014Food was awesome! Service was awesome! Drinks were awesome! It was my boyfriends birthday so they gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne. Perfect nightSpecial Features:
- Service was slow and seeminglyshawnDined on 1/31/2014Service was slow and seemingly above us. We were honoured when we received out silverware and food.Special Features:
- Great place to get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Whether it be for romance or friendship, I enjoy every single time I visit Mabel's on Main, the staff is friendly and will cater to your needs. I really appreciated that they took the time to show actual concern for the pregnant friend in our group and to ensure that she was comfortable. I will visit again, often and enthusiastically.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour Heaven2Retired2HHDined on 1/24/2014Numerous menu items at Happy Hour prices, both food and drinks. This bar spot is like a cozy Speakeasy of many years past with background music to set the mood. Wife's drink was her best since the second closing of Trader Vic's in Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night PlaceJeeeneeeVIPDined on 1/22/2014We found this little gem by accident and always go here for date night. The food is good and the service has always been also. I made reservatiosn thru Open Table and asked for a quiet, romantic booth and they gave us a booth right in the middle of everything. When I asked the host for a corner booth (and they had just opened and were empty) he was a little weird about it but obliged. Our waitress remembered us from last time and was excellent. Be sure to watch the price on your tab though because we always get overpriced for certain items. But, they always apologize and fix it for us. This place is awesome and we just found out Chad Gregory plays here sometimes and he is also awesome. We would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails and food!mezmrizn18Dined on 11/23/2013The cocktails are delicious, food is wonderful, and the staff is knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Times25yrHoneymoonVIPDined on 11/9/2013Came to visit Phoenix fouund this quirkey gem of a place on amazon local, had a fantastic time will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed1MisterBDined on 10/26/2013When I looked at this place on line, it gave the impression it was an upscale restaurant advertising and listed as one of the top 5 caviar restaurants in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Upon confirming a reservation through "open table" and arriving on time, I was disappointed to discover it was actually a bar that basically served appetizers. It also has reference to "proper attire required". I guess that just means clothing because there were patrons dress in T-shirts and ragged shorts with flip fops. Don't get me wrong, looked like it would be a good bar but not what it advertized itself as on its webpage. Next time I will review the menu and wine list first!!
- ExpectationsRBFifieldDined on 9/7/2013Mables far exceeded my expectations!!! We were there for my sons 23rd birthday and I wanted it to be fun, with good food and drinks. Our waitress was fantastic, she gave us her recommendations and she was spot on. We will be returning to Mables!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, food and drinksBobandLynnDined on 9/3/2013We went on an off-night, but made reservations anyway. When we arrived, no one made an effort to greet us. Understandable in terms of the one waitress who was swamped. But, the two bartenders who were waiting on one customer didn't even acknowledge our existence. So after about 5 minutes, we seated ourselves. Food and drinks were great and the waitress was fantastic even apologizing for the delay - which was not her fault. A word of advice - yo, bartender dudes, lose the attitude. The customers are paying your rent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chilled LoungeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2013Mabel's is the perfect place if your looking to just sit, chill, and relax over a few drinks and snack on some food. They have just the right amount of varieties on specialty cocktails and food. Been there 4 times now and still loving the place! Service is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place for eventsTJayDined on 8/23/2013All the people in the group commented on the atmosphere and we all liked it. Our group commented that it felt very cozy and romantic. The waitstaff was very nice. We enjoyed our time and I'm sure we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday/ProposalNCdinerDined on 7/12/2013..wow I signed up online for my daughter's birthday celebration and may I say they really did a fabulous job with the decor and the HH hors were a great value and very tasty (with exception of the pasta-pretty typical). the only negative thing I could point out as they did not have enough servers or help to clear glasses/plates/take orders as the restaurant filled up...but would definitely give it a thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below ParMegSDined on 6/18/2013We went to Mabel's to try something new because we had a Living Social Deal. There were 6 or 7 servers behind the bar; however our drinks would take forever (20+ minutes) to arrive to our table. When asked for recommendations on the drink menu, the server was zero help. The sliders we ordered were rare; however we could not get anyone's attention. In fact, no one came back ever to check on our food or bring my husband's last drink. Horrible experience, ruined my night. Customer Service was poor and I'm disappointed because it could have been a really nice place to come back to.Special Features:
- Funky FunOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2013Had a Living Social voucher and went for 2 specialty cocktails and 2 appetizers (they only have appetizers). It is a nice funky place in downtown Scottsdale. Great decor - oversized chairs, chandeliers, rugs and Ella Fitzgerald on the sound system. Lovely. The service is terrific and the drinks were fantastic and the small bites perfect for a breezy summer night out. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice getawayDonaldDined on 6/6/2013It was quiet, but it was a Thursday. Great ambiance. Music was very good, So was the service. Awesome appetizer selection. We had some of almost everything.Special Features:
- Tam and Jimmy were bartending.BudmanDined on 5/15/2013Tam and Jimmy were bartending. We sat at the bar and had a great conversation... Food was fantastic...DO have the Grilled Cheese sandwhich!! Someone else on yelp said that and they were spot on! Mac and cheese was good but nothing compared to the GC! It was very quiet when we were there on a weekday at 5:15...so can't comment on the crowd (there wasn't any!) Tam was great by the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Great atmosphere loved the bricking the chandeliers although the menu was very limited.Special Features:
- The place smelled musty, likesmartblVIPDined on 4/24/2013The place smelled musty, like a wine cellar.... intentional? In the booth next to us management was conducting interviews.... really? Service was sporadic... I ordered the cheese and meat tray... the cheese was dry like it had been sitting out too long....... nothing great and no reason to come back.
- The drinks were good, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013The drinks were good, and bartender was very friendly. The GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH with Prosciutto, Tomato and Gruyère Cheese and “BITES” OF FILET with Horseradish Cream, were to die for. I will return for date night.Special Features:
- Worst service EVER!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/23/2013The worst service I have ever had in my life! It took 1 hour to get a drink and 20 minutes before anyone even asked us If we have been helped. Food wasn't bad but we ordered 10 things and the server brought everything out at 1 time....what? There wasn't Enough room on the table for everything. When we all order a salad, that should come out first, right? We wasted over 2 Hours of our night due to lack of service, not to mention I got charged full price for 2 glasses if wine that should have been 1/2 off. When I brought it to her attention she said she would take care if it and NEVER brought me my change! We will never go back