M Street Kitchen
2000 N. Main St
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
M Street Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mstreetkitchen.com/
- Phone: (310) 396-9145
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY - THURSDAY:
Breakfast: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
FRIDAY & SATURDAY
Breakfast: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00am
HAPPY HOUR DAILY 4:00pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Lincoln Fuge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from M Street Kitchen
Located just blocks from Venice Beach, M Street Kitchen, a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant serves up commonly loved classics with a twist and presents an eclectic menu of fresh and delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
M Street Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
M Street Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)great for outdoor dining (40)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (25)hot spot (23)great for brunch (21)special occasion (11)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- M Street is Mmmmmmmm StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/18/2014Good fun at a lively place, with great service, fun cocktails and very good verging on great food. The biscuits are a must as a starter. The guac was a surprising hit, too. Our party of 13 had a range of entrees from the burgers to the tacos to the steak and fish. No complaints whatsoever amongst the group, and the lively space helped make for a good time for all. Will definitely return…next time to try the outdoor patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SofiaVIPDined on 11/11/2014Great neighborhood restaurant with pet friendly outdoor patio. The food and drinks were delicious. Will be coming back to try happy hour menu too!Special Features:
- Fantastic Kid Happy HourjordanwfDined on 11/7/2014This was the best dining experience I think I've ever had with my kids, and even better it was free. 4-6:30 Kids eat free with a paid adult, every single day of the week. That's a very happy hour.Special Features:
- wonderful patio...askworldtravelerVIPDined on 11/6/2014this is one of the better restaurants that allow dogs on the patio. It's fantastic. They recently underwent a menu change- taking off some great items - hopeful the new menu will be as good.Special Features:
- YummyPattDined on 10/26/2014Delicious food, good prices (won't break the bank), excellent service. Bloody Mary was really good and only$4.95!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded, hot, and slowDissapointedDined on 10/12/2014Website was very misleading in that it took and confirmed my reservation request for Sunday brunch, but when I arrived they told me "they didn't do that" on the weekends (the only reason I chose this venue in the first place was because they took reservations). If I hadn't arrived 25 minutes early and checked in right away, I would have been left standing in the hot sun on a first date trying to explain why I hadn't planned things better. Patio is noisy and many tables lack shade. Many people bring their dogs, so if you don't like eating with dogs barking and snapping at each other don't come here. Food was okay, but very pricey for what it was: basic breakfast fare.
- nice!MitchVIPDined on 10/9/2014Really enjoyed the ambiance and the waiter was personable and professional. Started out with the pulled chicken nachitos which were great and then on to the ribs which I really enjoyed. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M streetOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/9/2014Great place to grab lunch or some coffee. Happy hour has some good specials. Breakfast in particular is always very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not take OpenTable reservationsgladraffeDined on 10/5/2014I made a reservation via Opentable and when we got there, they couldn't find our reservation and the hostess told us that even though they are in the system, they no longer take Opentable reservations. They managed to find a table for us after a 20min. wait.
- ReliableOzlaDined on 10/5/2014Always good and a hit with visitors...ordering bacon's a mustSpecial Features:
- A must while in Santa MonicanycgirlVIPDined on 10/1/2014Went for happy hour. Fantastic service, GREAT food, cool vibe. I will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGZmWx23Dined on 9/28/2014The food was good beyond believe. The servers were super kind. And the decoration made it a perfect brunch moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Service!MishiDined on 9/26/2014Thought the food was delicious (i had the salmon and my friend had the quinoa) and I was incredibly impressed that our server paid attention to the note I put on my OpenTable reservation about my friend's birthday and without me saying anything when I got to the restaurant, they made sure to bring a dessert with a candle after we ate! Great experience!Special Features:
- Easy kid friendly dinnerSMbeachmamaDined on 9/26/2014Great place To come with the kids and get a decent meal. Their happy hour menu is pretty good, though it seems that the restaurant has undergone some changes recently. The menu overall now seems more limited and there isn't really anything on there I'm dying to have.Special Features:
- Great time, great foodEastCoastMeetsWestCoastDined on 9/25/2014My mom and I went here for a laid back dinner when she was in town, and we both really enjoyed it. The staff/service was great. The food was delish -we both really LOVED the cauliflower with jalapeno pesto. The patio was a great as well. We both enjoyed ourselves and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This needs a title?toughsellDined on 9/25/2014M Street was a good central location for meeting with an old friend. Great waiter, some noise but not too much for catching up, very cool take on eggs Benedict. Nice touch with a big "YES" sign on the wall. Indeed - will go there again.Special Features:
- Pleased Us AllGboyz3Dined on 9/20/2014I took my college-aged kids and a friend to M Street Kitchen. All were very happy with the food and we enjoyed the atmosphere. I had the Fried Chicken which was moist and mouth-watering. Daughter had tacos, son had baby back ribs and friend had the salmon. All were very happy with their choices. Service was pleasant and efficient. The vibe was quite good as well. Age-wise, somewhere between the kids and my own -- say early to mid-30'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a great time!apemayhemDined on 9/6/2014the food was stellar...the scottish salmon was fantastic! the service was fun & friendly without the snootiness one can expect from other "trendy" spots. it was really loud - but came off as fun and bustling. overall, great experience! we even came back the next morning for baked goods that were out of this world.Special Features:
- Tourist from TexasFrankDined on 9/5/2014Had an enjoyable time at M Kitchen for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- horrible food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Quality of food was extremely poor.....way overpriced!
- Great PlaceGrandma2tenDined on 9/5/2014I am pleased with M Street. Everytime I have been there the food is excellent and the service is good. It is a little noisy if you want to have conversations but the place is great for a group to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, food & happy hour!Albal02Dined on 9/1/2014We really like this place. If the service was better & more efficient then I would say that we love this place. Multiple different occasions of different girls at the hostess table are always flustered and unfriendly. Always takes too long to get the check, unfortunately. Not something that sits well with us. Thankfully, the food is always yummy and the happy hour menu is awesome-$4.95 for a burger that's actually delicious! I'd order the double patty for $8.95 though because they're smaller than the regular menu burger. Kale chips and pesto cauliflower are my favorite things!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Monica FavoriteChinakatDined on 9/1/2014Every time we dine a M Street everything is on point. We love this place and will continue to keep coming back!Special Features:
- Very good breakfastDougEFoodDined on 8/30/2014Went with the family - 3 kids. All loved their food. I really liked breakfast sandwich and particularly that bacon- oh so good. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great sushiEastMeetsWestDined on 8/17/2014tried their tuna sushi appetizer and loved it. never gone wrong at M street kitchenSpecial Features:
- a disappointing timewillisDined on 8/17/2014Disappointing experience. My salad was soggy and the dinners took forever to be served ...three of our children were more more and more disruptive and it would have helped enormously if the waitress had been a little attentive and brought some bread to assuage the children.
- Enjoyed the foodmalinatrDined on 8/16/2014We ate at M Street on a Saturday night. The fried chicken was really good. They didn't have the greatest wine/beer selections so we went somewhere else afterwards for a night cap. The service was so-so. There were plenty of tables outside but we ended up inside which was fine. The place really cleared out after 9p. Overall I'd say M Street Kitchen is a fine alternative if you're not in the mood for a long wait and got caught without weekend dinner reservations.Special Features:
- Great service!mcm7569Dined on 8/8/2014Staff went above and beyond to ensure a great meal:)Special Features:
- DJIcemanVIPDined on 7/31/2014MSK is back to its old high standards of food quality, service, and taste. What a relief!
- great neighborhood spotizzycatDined on 7/29/2014The food has never disappointed us - they have a nice happy hour menu and our kids love it too.Special Features:
- The following 625 reviews are from the M Street Kitchen reviews archive.
- They ruined itOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/11/2014It was my favorite place. They raise prices, shrunk portions, eliminated favorite items, and got rid of good ingredients. Otherwise greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- reservations helpfulCharmingDined on 7/6/2014we made reservations so we didnt have to wait on a busy sunday morning. the food was good but there was a mistake on the order, so by the time they brought the corrected item, the rest of the food was cold. service was good, fun, family oriented on weekends. this place was recommended for having an open feeling and good food.Special Features:
- So glad we chose M KitchenFabfoodDined on 7/5/2014We are on a visit from England and M Kitchen was recommended to us and we can now see why! Our experience was good from start to finish. We loved the atmosphere-relaxed yet excellent service. Our waitress was attentive and our food arrived promptly. We had the snow crab to start with, which was wonderful and then I had the salmon which was perfectly cooked and the best that I have had whilst in Santa Monica! It would be great to have an M Kitchen in the UK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at m streetpetersmgmtDined on 7/2/2014We brought a big party ( there were 10 of us). Service was a little slow but friendly and everyone enjoyed their dinners. Wine was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finefredDined on 6/26/2014goe there often great for business lunch or breakfast, food is above averageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotecdoodleDined on 6/24/2014I have been to the restaurant when it was called "Main Street Kitchen", but this is the first time after it's name changed t "M Street Cafe". The menu is more or less the same as I remember, I had the Brussels sprout salad (with Chicken), my friend had a grilled fish sandwich, both excellent. I would come back. it's a good lunch spot in Santa Monica, if you want to avoid the downtown area.Special Features:
- DJIcemanVIPDined on 6/22/2014It took almost 15 minutes after we were seated for anyone to even come to welcome us or to offer water. But after that slow start, things got much better. Our server was friendly and attentive, the food was well-prepared and reasonably-priced, and overall we enjoyed our meal.
- Outstanding BrunchSaph3Dined on 6/15/2014Great place for brunch, the openness and staff are absolutely wonderful. Food also is churned out at an incredible rate. Turnover is quick and makes the wait worth it even on busy weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedkmw3000VIPDined on 6/13/2014I've probably been to M Street 50 times. I take friends and family here when they visit from out of town. This last visit was awful. They have a new menu (fine), prices have increased a lot (not great, but fine) and the food was absolutley awful (so not fine). We complained to our waitress about the food (bad chicken & flavorless tacos) and she apologized, but brought us a full bill despite the fact that my friend had only eaten 3 bites of the chicken. The manager eventually removed the chicken, but $20 for an iced tea and about 3/4 of a cup of black beans, 3/4 of a cup of grilled vegetables, 3 corn tortillas and some salsa? Never again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014Food was mediocre and it was too loud to converse.