M Street Kitchen
2000 N. Main St
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
M Street Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mstreetkitchen.com/
- Phone: (310) 396-9145x
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY - THURSDAY:
Breakfast: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
FRIDAY & SATURDAY
Breakfast: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00am
HAPPY HOUR DAILY 4:00pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Lincoln Fuge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from M Street Kitchen
Located just blocks from Venice Beach, M Street Kitchen, a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant serves up commonly loved classics with a twist and presents an eclectic menu of fresh and delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
M Street Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
M Street Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)great for brunch (36)great for outdoor dining (32)good for groups (32)great for lunch (29)kid-friendly (26)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (12)special occasion (7)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Very good breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Went with the family - 3 kids. All loved their food. I really liked breakfast sandwich and particularly that bacon- oh so good. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great sushiEastMeetsWestDined on 8/17/2014tried their tuna sushi appetizer and loved it. never gone wrong at M street kitchenSpecial Features:
- a disappointing timewillisDined on 8/17/2014Disappointing experience. My salad was soggy and the dinners took forever to be served ...three of our children were more more and more disruptive and it would have helped enormously if the waitress had been a little attentive and brought some bread to assuage the children.
- Enjoyed the foodmalinatrDined on 8/16/2014We ate at M Street on a Saturday night. The fried chicken was really good. They didn't have the greatest wine/beer selections so we went somewhere else afterwards for a night cap. The service was so-so. There were plenty of tables outside but we ended up inside which was fine. The place really cleared out after 9p. Overall I'd say M Street Kitchen is a fine alternative if you're not in the mood for a long wait and got caught without weekend dinner reservations.Special Features:
- Great service!mcm7569Dined on 8/8/2014Staff went above and beyond to ensure a great meal:)Special Features:
- DJIcemanVIPDined on 7/31/2014MSK is back to its old high standards of food quality, service, and taste. What a relief!
- great neighborhood spotizzycatDined on 7/29/2014The food has never disappointed us - they have a nice happy hour menu and our kids love it too.Special Features:
- They ruined itOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/11/2014It was my favorite place. They raise prices, shrunk portions, eliminated favorite items, and got rid of good ingredients. Otherwise greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- reservations helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014we made reservations so we didnt have to wait on a busy sunday morning. the food was good but there was a mistake on the order, so by the time they brought the corrected item, the rest of the food was cold. service was good, fun, family oriented on weekends. this place was recommended for having an open feeling and good food.Special Features:
- So glad we chose M KitchenFabfoodDined on 7/5/2014We are on a visit from England and M Kitchen was recommended to us and we can now see why! Our experience was good from start to finish. We loved the atmosphere-relaxed yet excellent service. Our waitress was attentive and our food arrived promptly. We had the snow crab to start with, which was wonderful and then I had the salmon which was perfectly cooked and the best that I have had whilst in Santa Monica! It would be great to have an M Kitchen in the UK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at m streetpetersmgmtDined on 7/2/2014We brought a big party ( there were 10 of us). Service was a little slow but friendly and everyone enjoyed their dinners. Wine was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finefredDined on 6/26/2014goe there often great for business lunch or breakfast, food is above averageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotecdoodleDined on 6/24/2014I have been to the restaurant when it was called "Main Street Kitchen", but this is the first time after it's name changed t "M Street Cafe". The menu is more or less the same as I remember, I had the Brussels sprout salad (with Chicken), my friend had a grilled fish sandwich, both excellent. I would come back. it's a good lunch spot in Santa Monica, if you want to avoid the downtown area.Special Features:
- DJIcemanVIPDined on 6/22/2014It took almost 15 minutes after we were seated for anyone to even come to welcome us or to offer water. But after that slow start, things got much better. Our server was friendly and attentive, the food was well-prepared and reasonably-priced, and overall we enjoyed our meal.
- Outstanding BrunchSaph3Dined on 6/15/2014Great place for brunch, the openness and staff are absolutely wonderful. Food also is churned out at an incredible rate. Turnover is quick and makes the wait worth it even on busy weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedkmw3000Dined on 6/13/2014I've probably been to M Street 50 times. I take friends and family here when they visit from out of town. This last visit was awful. They have a new menu (fine), prices have increased a lot (not great, but fine) and the food was absolutley awful (so not fine). We complained to our waitress about the food (bad chicken & flavorless tacos) and she apologized, but brought us a full bill despite the fact that my friend had only eaten 3 bites of the chicken. The manager eventually removed the chicken, but $20 for an iced tea and about 3/4 of a cup of black beans, 3/4 of a cup of grilled vegetables, 3 corn tortillas and some salsa? Never again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014Food was mediocre and it was too loud to converse.
- Great experiencerawieDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I drove all the way from Burbank to go on a date night to use our gift certificate. It was well worth it! Great choices for vegetarians. Hubby's salmon was cooked perfectly! Waiter very knowledgeable about the wine. Will go again.Special Features:
- Great all aroundSuras17Dined on 6/6/2014The food and drinks were great. The service wonderful. Ketchup was spilled on me, but it was a complete accident and the way it fell, we can't explain how it got on me. They were very apologetic and provided wipes to clean my pants. The only thing I'd recommend it to provide something a little more substantial than a free cookie. A comp'd drink would've been better. I would definitely go back though. Delicious and great for girls night or date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I rememberedGoldieVIPDined on 6/1/2014Three of us went to M Street on a Sunday evening for a casual dinner. The menu had changed; there we're fewer items and the prices had gone up since my last visit a few months ago. We ordered tacos and nachos. Service was slow and we waited far too long for our simple meal. The noise level was so high that it was hard to enjoy our conversation while we waited for our food to arrive. We will not return.Special Features:
- So nice to see such sweet serviceMamaVIPDined on 5/27/2014What could be better than sweet service, good food and a great location? M Street is new for me. Impressed with the quality of the food and look forward to returning for many more meals.
- Always SolidspatellosVIPDined on 5/11/2014We live about a block away from M Street, and definitely take it for granted. We have been so many times that sometimes we forget just how good it is. Among our table was the ahi, the salmon, the brick chicken, and the chicken chopped salad. Everyone left still talking about how good their food was. They have the best happy hour from 4:30-6:30, a great dining club, and the best cookies in town.Special Features:
- Great serviceOkayDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day dinner. Mother's burger and fries were cold. They whisked it away with a sincere apology, brought her a hot, new burger/fries combo and took it off the bill. You can't beat that! Super nice. Two of us had Miso Salmon. DELICIOUS! There was not one morsel left on my plate! Sangria is a bargain at $5 a glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014M-Street is tried and true. You get good value for your buck, and the family friendly happy hour is a must for parents. Only complaint on our last trip for breakfast was they had no pancakes on Mother's Day. Apparently there was a batter disaster of some kind. Mom really wanted pancakes too. Oh well.Special Features:
- The following 607 reviews are from the M Street Kitchen reviews archive.
- M Street KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/29/2014Good drinks, food and service. Went on a Tuesday night and I felt that the kitchen and bar closed too early at 10pm. I was with a group and by the time we were done eating, we couldn't order any dessert that wasn't a cookie. Also bar closed early so we had to stock up on drinks at the table before it closed to last us thorough the meal. They shouldn't have given us a reservation for a large group at 9pm if that was the case or should have let us know we would've been rushed to order everything right away due to their closing their kitchen and bar early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTCaFoodieDined on 4/29/2014not sure if the food or the service was better. Great job LEY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annoyedegsmVIPDined on 4/27/2014We showed up for our brunch reservation...booked thru Open Table. The hostess could not "find it" and was NOT so nice about it! I showed her the confirmation of the reservation on my phone, etc. she gave us a "whatever shrug" and proceeded to seat the people behind us. The restaurant is in a great location in a neighborhood starving for restaurants...but the service is totally hit or miss...if you show up on a "miss" day your experience can be pretty bad....and the hostess reigns over her domain without much grace or consideration for her guests.Special Features:
- A must for Breakfast!pinkladyVIPDined on 4/23/2014Serves Breakfast-Brunch til 3pm. Outstanding choices among breakfast and lunch items. Relaxing atmosphere and great place to meet friends. Always excellent service. Eggs Benedict and French Toast a must. Great lunch too! Adjoining Bakery. takes reservations. Casual!Special Features:
- Easter Breakfast GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Everything about dining at M Street Kitchen was great. We had breakfast on Easter morning. Sat outside in the sun. Had a delightful waiter. Our family of four each had a different breakfast dish - all were great. Service, location, food, ambience - all were great!Special Features:
- DJIcemanVIPDined on 4/14/2014This used to be one of our favorite places for breakfast, but the food has really gone downhill lately. I don't know if there's a new chef, or if they're getting cheap on the ingredients, or what the situation is. It's still good, but not worth choosing over other restaurants any longer, which is a shame.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantSofiaVIPDined on 4/13/2014Great neighborhood restaurant on Main Street in Santa Monica. You can bring your dog and sit outside on the patio. My only complaint is that there are not enough vegetarian entrees on the dinner menu. Veggie tacos are the only option. They have a great veggie burger on the lunch menu, but refuse to serve it after 4:00pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuietKT23Dined on 4/7/2014We showed up right before they were closing the kitchen. There weren't many people there; however, it seems like a fun place to go with a group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!AnonVIPDined on 4/6/2014Great place that my mom and I grabbed lunch. Sat in the beautiful sun on the patio, drank sangria, and munched on delicious food. Couldn't be happier.Special Features:
- We love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2014Great Happy Hour menu and kid's eat free during Happy Hour!!!Special Features:
- soggy sproutsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2014I've been here for lunch and sat outside. Don't go for dinner. Indoors there is a stale odor. And the food two of us ordered, a brussel sprout salad, was soggy and placed sideways on the plate, kinda thrown on there. Except for the burgers, everything was pretty crappy. And the smell... Did I mention $200 for dinner for 5? And one of us was a kid. Keep it to breakfast and lunch and eat OUTSIDE if you don't like bad odors while eating.
- First Datemunchers76Dined on 3/23/2014Came here to meet a friend for the first time. The food and the atmosphere was romantic but, casual enough to not be uncomfortable for a first date. Nice place. Felt really relaxed. Service from Angie B was great. Hostess was very nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VarietyPeachesDined on 3/16/2014We had a wide range of choices for our brunch. We all loved what we ordered. Quality was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so glad we made reservations!sdf35114VIPDined on 3/2/2014so glad we made reservations! key on Sunday brunch. Great spot for out of town guests- menu is broad enough to please everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious. This Place Gets It RightJessicaDined on 2/20/2014Their sushi, the tacos, the chicken, everything was outstanding (usually it's hard to find a place where they excel in everything, but I've found that is exactly what the Lettuce Entertain You Corporation does). Service was fantastic...the dessert was out of this world, and we all can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for lunch!VickiDined on 2/20/2014Great food, lively, and fun. This is a happening lunch spot. Everything was great except that the service was very slow. Don't go here if you are in a hurry. Though we didn't ask for a b'day dessert, the waitress overheard us say it was one of our birthdays, and she surprised us and brought a delicious cookie for dessert. Very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.