2 Miranova Place
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.matmiranova.com/
- Phone: 6146290000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Rabold
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining options are available at M. The first is a completely private room with a sliding glass door & curtains that can be opened for a view of the dining room or closed for more privacy. The rectangular-shaped room may accommodate up to 15 guests & is AV friendly. The second option is the semi-private Wine Barrel Room, which may accommodate up to 8 guests. The oval-shaped room is cozy & intimate with lots of candlelight. Private dining at M is the perfect setting for your special celebration or business meeting. Guests may order directly from the menu or we would be more than happy to work with you to create a customized menu to fit your event.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Luff 6146290000x
- Special Events: Happy Hour at M
Celebrate happy hour in the bar at M with $5 martinis and selected wines by the glass Monday - Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. Plus, enjoy half price sushi during our great happy hour.
A word from M Restaurant
When you walk into M Restaurant, Cameron Mitchell’s marquee restaurant & bar, you understand. You are not just out on the town. You are in another place entirely — South Beach, perhaps. You’re surrounded by beauty. A lovely perspective of Downtown Columbus. An outdoor terrace overlooking the Scioto riverfront. Light woods and luxurious fabrics. A dramatically lit bar. Artfully plated dishes of eclectic American cuisine, influenced by the assertive flavors of Pacific Rim & Europe. All enhanced by impeccable service and a wine list considered one of the nation's best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
M Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
M Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)romantic (94)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (55)scenic view (32)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (21)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (9)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Sweetest day dinnerenjoyfinecuisine22Dined on 10/18/2014Lovely view of the Olentangy River and a cozy rounded booth table in the back of the restaurant. Our server was excellent and gave us appropriate time to review the menu options. His recommendations were spot on and the manager even thanked us for coming in. The food quality was spectacular and the presentation was beautiful. Even though the prices were quite expensive with several things ala carte I would go back again.Special Features:
- Don't go during happy hourBrownBagDinerDined on 10/17/2014We've been to M several times but the most recent visit was less than enjoyable. Food was great, service was stupendous but the bar was packed with divorced cougars trolling for a new husband and young bucks who, but for happy hour pricing, could not afford to be there. I felt bad for the parties who were seated directly by the bar and noticeably irritated. It was way too loud and busy to enjoy an expensive meal. If we go back, it certainly won't be during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up Close and PersonalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014I have been to M on special occasions and each time I thought, well, it was a once a year experience. I really thought the food was not on a level of expectation for such an urbane, highly touted restaurant. It was frankly disappointing. Not bad but not what one is expecting from such an illustrious place. The waitress was really personable but I thought over-extended and thus did not (could not) attend my party as closely as I thought appropriate. I just left feeling, well, lots of money, not so great a meal, not as good service as one thinks such an esteemed restaurant would have but dining at M, big deal, and sooo, once a year maybe. But I'm not sure I'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must EatPrinteachDined on 10/11/2014This was my first vist to M in Columbus, and I will definitely be back. From start to finish, it was a delightful experience. The server(s) are in tune with your desires and needs as a patron. Some of the top entree choices had mushrooms, so I had to go for my third choice for an entree. It was still tasty. I am neither a native of Columbus, nor do I live there, but I traveled to experience M, and it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Outstanding for Special Occasions!DJHomestarDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I dined here to celebrate our sixth anniversary, and we very pleased with the food! The Steak in a Bowl was simply fantastic, and my wife says that her scallops were the best she's ever had.Special Features:
- Pre-Concert DinnerdinnerandaconcertDined on 10/11/2014Looked forward to dining at M's, upon arrival we were ushered to the valet and made our entrance into M's. We arrived at opening so there were only a few other guests. This early arrival lead to outstanding service by both the manager and our waitress. Both were personable and informative at explaining the menu. We made our drink and appetizer selections, a nice cabernet and M's version of a Manhattan along with the scallops. We then placed our meal order, steak in a bowl, an odd name, but perfectly descriptive and the end of the season halibut. The drinks were delicious, the scallops were tasty, but @ $18 for 2 a bit pricey. The steak was good but not exceptional, the halibut was dry on the surface and temp wise cooler than expected.Special Features:
- Good food, slow service, noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014I really enjoyed my food, but it took forever. The dining room was very loud and tables were on top of each other. This made dinner impersonal and it was hard to hear my guest over other conversations and the dance music playing in the background.
- DisappointingEdieDined on 10/4/2014M was ok, not worth $200 for dinner though. Fish overcooked, salad very good, housemade gin & tonic odd flavor. Restroom is outside restaurant in building lobby - no hand soap, giant roll of paper towels on counter. Overall experience was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Yummy black orchidCosmoVIPDined on 10/4/2014I got surf and turf roll, shrimp cocktail and sea bass. Sea bass wasn't that great. It's a soup dish, not grill like I was expected. Ocean club and Hollywood were so much better. The chocolate cake was awesome though. Make sure you save some room for it. Oh, and the drinks were good too. Got the black orchid, marquee, and grape crush. Loved everything but the sea bass...Special Features:
- Great Dinner on 10-1-2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014My wife and are not from Columbus and went to M by chance. We has a great meal. King Crab poached in butter app is awesome. Trevor was our server and was very good and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First anniversary with MMattyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food and service were excellent. The strip was phenomenal and the peach pie dessert was scrumptious. They placed "Happy Anniversary" chocolates on our dessert plates :) I would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great meal !!DinefineVIPDined on 9/26/2014M is always great. Excellent service and food. From the sushi to the main course it was perfect.Special Features:
- BethDined on 9/26/2014M is an aesthetically beautiful restaurant where we tend to go for special occasions. Our meal was very good-my husband loved his burger, and my ahi tuna was quite good although we had a little trouble with it being initially too raw, but the staff was happy to take it back and the second time around was just right. The beignets with semi-freddo were to die for. Our server was very nice and helpful, although she had only been on staff for two weeks. My only criticism is that the menu seems to stay the same from year to year, and it is somewhat limited for our tastes. It is also extremely pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced.MichaelDined on 9/26/2014All the Mitchell resuarants have gone downhill (if this were not a small Midwestern town would they still be popular) this one is maybe the best of the lot.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I made reservation for my boyfriends birthday. I had to remind them it was his birthday the server had no idea. We waited 10 minutes for someone to come bring us drinks, and another 10 or 15 to order. I would have like things to be more organized and prompt for the money spentSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/22/2014Ambiance is great, food is great and the service was great as well! It was a delightful evening celebrating a birthday!!Special Features:
- UnremarkableJustChillinDined on 9/20/2014A few negatives: M was out of preferred wine, although I had called earlier in the day to check on availability in general ; 3 out of 4 drinks from bar arrived for toast - 4th one (virgin)came 20-25 minutes later; scallops were room temp at best. 4th wine glass was quickly pulled from the table without asking - then we needed to wait again for a toast until 4th wine glass was returned. Did not expect any of this from such a reputable restaurant. A few positives: Potential for being the perfect spot to celebrate special occasions; ambiance; presentation of entreesSpecial Features:
- M in the middle of ColuMbusExperienceColumbusDined on 9/19/2014Decor & service were top notch ... really extra special. The food, while generally very good, seemed to fall from the highs category, however. Specifically the steaks we ordered were under-cooked for our requested medium (the finest restaurants should have good control of this); also the desert seemed a bit bland (still enjoyable, but not impressive). But let me repeat that the decor and service were really of the highest caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectTellisDined on 9/19/2014When you reserve a table at a restaurant with this name behind it, your expectations are heightened. There's nothing worse than being let down and so there's nothing better than surpassing your expectations. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatToHoVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have dined at M more than any other "big" restaurant in Columbus over the past 5 years - it is just consistently good. Even arriving is a pleasure - so different from most other venues - it sets the scene for a pleasant evening. A great staff, spacious and contemporary bar and dining area compliment a diverse menu and deliciously prepared food. I have never had a dish that wasn't very good. None of this comes inexpensively, but no more than most other high end area eateries in the Short North or German Village areas. Columbus is lucky to have M as a choice for a special night out.Special Features:
- Very fast servicealkaloidDined on 9/19/2014Our foods were on the table probably less than 15 minutes after we ordered - impressed by the efficiency of the service.Special Features:
- A Special Birthday MealflavorfanVIPDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I traveled from Cincy to attend a conference in Columbus over the evening of his birthday. I wanted a nice place to celebrate and found M on Open Table. It was our first time at M, and we both thought our experience was excellent. We started by sharing the jumbo shrimp tempura (crisp and delicious) and a salad (fresh and flavorful). We both decided to try one of their featured menu entrees which combined a veal tenderloin and braised veal cheek over an asiago cheese stuffed crepe with vegetables and a wonderful sauce etc. - and it was fabulous! Our service was warm, friendly and attentive. Overall a lovely evening! We'd definitely recommend M for a special meal, and we plan to return on a future visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014From the moment you enter M, you know you're going to experience something special. The ambiance is second to none, with crisp white linens, soft lighting, and rather than a sports game playing in the lounge, the film noir classic, Casablanca is one more detail that makes you feel you're in for a treat. Trevor is a fantastic server and was humorous, attentive, and made wonderful recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum0Dined on 9/13/2014The lobster cones and shrimp appetizers, along with the scallops and salmon entrees, were outstanding. My only complaint was the seating was too close to others - you were hearing their conversations, and the large table next to us was separated by a transparent drape. No privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as expectedtelAthensVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent and, as always at a CM restaurant, no problem sharing/splitting salads, entries, etc. We had exceptional service with our waitress even calling a second taxi when the one we ordered didn't arrive in a timely manor.Special Features:
- Never a SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014M has been in business since the time we moved to Columbus. While the menu has evolved modestly to include a few additional items, the quality remains superb as does attention to the diner's desire and needs. My partner's sensitivity to butter was noted by waitress who brought each of us a loaf of bread (one each with and without light butter) without asking. The entre for each of us was delightful with Veal Mignon truly melting in the mouth. Dialog was delightful in a truly wonderful environment. I would recommend to anyone for a special night out. Thanks to the wonderful team at M for making this night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual M did not disappointCM77VIPDined on 9/6/2014I went for 2 girlfriends for a birthday celebration. The food was incredible - the lobster cones are always phenomenal. We tried the scallops, salmon & halibut special entrees- are were well very flavorful- my only criticism was that scallops were too salty. My friend said her birthday dessert (dounts) were by are the best she has ever had. In addition to the food our server was top notch- very attentive, personable & paid meticulous attention to detail- Thank you Trevor for a really fun girls night out!Special Features:
- Almost, but not quite...SadfaceVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our second trip to M and our expectations were high based on our first visit. This time around our food was just as flavorful, but arrived at our table less than hot. In fact, the halibut we ordered was pretty much cool. We'll be back, but the third time had better be the charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceMorgat17Dined on 9/6/2014We went here to celebrate a birthday! Phenomenal food, excellent service. Our waiter, Keith, really knew his stuff...down to the smallest detail! He was amazing...and even kept checking the score on a football game for us! It is more of an upscale place, but you know that going in (pricing is listed on their online menu, so they don't "hide" that from you). In my opinion, it was well worth the price for the food, atmosphere and service. This place is a definite must-do!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Dinner at M was for our 26th wedding anniversary. The food was fabulous and the wait staff excellent. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service YetPhDMomVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had such great food and service - it was, by far, my best experience ever at a Cameron Mitchell's restaurant. Perfect from start to finishSpecial Features:
- A lovely dining experiencegloriaBDined on 9/5/2014We went here to celebrate a job well done with our son who is a very mature 10 year old. He wanted to dine at a fine dining establishment to celebrate, so we took him to M. We had a very nice time, and our son said it was his best experience ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversery DinnerBkyreviewer78Dined on 8/30/2014We were greeted by the staff in a friendly and welcoming manner. We had arrived 30 minutes early but were seated immediately in a booth with a view as requested. Our first negative observation was the selection of music being played and the level of volume being too high. Our waitress Tiffany was very attentive and helpful with menu selections. I should note that this was a Saturday and the restaurant was quite busy. Would reserve this restaurant for special occasions as it is not cheap.Special Features:
- Excellent!maddog6198Dined on 8/28/2014Everyone from the Hostess to the Manager was amazing. Was celebrating my anniversary and it couldn't have been better. Thank you again!
- New menu is greatKyleMcD34VIPDined on 8/25/2014We hadn't been to M in some time. They have a new(er) menu that is fantastic! We were there with friends who love the sushi and it did not disappoint! Look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Extremely over pricedMitchVIPDined on 8/21/2014The service and ambience is outstanding; however, it was just ridiculously over priced and the food was just so so. I had considered taking my granddaughter there for a special treat, but was so disappointed in the prices and quality of the food, I have decided to take her elsewhere. This is my first major disappointment with a Cameron Mitchell restaurant. I think Ocean Club is over priced as well, but would go there again rather than return to "M". Perhaps the point of "M" is to assure that those "not at the top of the food/income chain"Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceDevilinthedetailsDined on 8/19/2014The wait staff is extremely courteous and attentive. The menu is simple and has a great selection. The drink menu is versatile, as was the wine selection. The food was unique, well prepared, and delicious. Overall experience was fantastic. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience.ColumbusmaestroDined on 8/16/2014Food was fantastic. Overall, very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASION / ROMANTICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I has our 20th wedding anniversary dinner at M and could not be more pleased. The food was outstanding along with the service. Since I had mentioned our anniversary when making a reservation on Open Table the staff made every effort to make the evening special. We will come again when we visit Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014One of the best meals I have enjoyed in Columbus. Tiffany, our server, was excellent.Special Features: