2 Miranova Place
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.matmiranova.com/
- Phone: (614) 629-0000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Rabold
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining options are available at M. The first is a completely private room with a sliding glass door & curtains that can be opened for a view of the dining room or closed for more privacy. The rectangular-shaped room may accommodate up to 15 guests & is AV friendly. The second option is the semi-private Wine Barrel Room, which may accommodate up to 8 guests. The oval-shaped room is cozy & intimate with lots of candlelight. Private dining at M is the perfect setting for your special celebration or business meeting. Guests may order directly from the menu or we would be more than happy to work with you to create a customized menu to fit your event.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Luff 6146290000x
- Special Events: Happy Hour at M
Celebrate happy hour in the bar at M with $5 martinis and selected wines by the glass Monday - Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. Plus, enjoy half price sushi during our great happy hour.
A word from M Restaurant
When you walk into M Restaurant, Cameron Mitchell’s marquee restaurant & bar, you understand. You are not just out on the town. You are in another place entirely — South Beach, perhaps. You’re surrounded by beauty. A lovely perspective of Downtown Columbus. An outdoor terrace overlooking the Scioto riverfront. Light woods and luxurious fabrics. A dramatically lit bar. Artfully plated dishes of eclectic American cuisine, influenced by the assertive flavors of Pacific Rim & Europe. All enhanced by impeccable service and a wine list considered one of the nation's best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
M Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
M Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (93)fit for foodies (66)notable wine list (55)scenic view (32)good for groups (22)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (9)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- excellent!excellentDined on 11/22/2014This was my 4th visit to the M. This place is more awesome than I had previously imagined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HimadriDined on 11/22/20141) We had a reservation for 7:45 pm on 22nd Nov however we waited till 8:30 pm to get our seats. 2) We had to change our table twice - first since the seat was not comfortable and had a gap in between and second, the waitress wet the table 3) Though it was our anniversary we did not receive any treatments from the restaurant. 4) the tables were so close it was difficult to have some space and make good conversation.Special Features:
- blesetDined on 11/22/2014Very interesting and innovating cuisine. Notable wine list with wines from around the world. Great service. Very nice atmosphere. Professional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Our server Nolan was very attentive and was very in our entree' selection. Overall it was a wonderful evening from the greeters up until we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining...for a priceRoonieToonieDined on 11/22/2014This was our second visit to M. Both times as an anniversary dinner. Excellent atmosphere. Excellent food. Excellent drinks. The only complaint I have about our recent visit is the time we spent there. I enjoy fine dining and understand it takes longer than an average dinner, however we were there for 2 1/2 hours. A little too long for me. I think they were under staffed. Our waitress was waiting on every table in the section we were seated. For the price you pay they should be able to hire more help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant!mamagugDined on 11/22/2014This romantic restaurant is ideal for a special night out -- it's beautiful, classy and has great service. Everyone was pleasant and friendly (not snooty like some higher end restaurants can be) -- we were so impressed and can't wait to go back again. The food was EXCELLENT, so very good. Husband said it was the best steak (the steak bowl) he'd ever eaten, and the salmon dish that I ordered was so good -- and the bread is amazing too. Not a single complaint from us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/20/2014fabulous dinner. Very creative offerings, excellent presentation, taste. I had a salmon special in lobster sauce which was to die for. Server was knowledgeable, efficient, not intrusive. The decor was dreamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jccctcDined on 11/20/2014Food was delicious. Trevor was an excellent server and was helpful with his suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisenchantedStellaDined on 11/19/2014Three of us celebrating a birthday. Party behind us had a guy showing everyone he's a regular so naturally he's louder than anything else in the place. And dropping F bombs. Our waitress was great. Very friendly. Knew the menu in great detail however was not nearly attentive enough. Service was slow. 15 minutes for a glass of wine; fish must have been prepared in the Mediterranean and was presented totally wrong. It was, however, very delicious. To spend $200 for three (one glass wine) M should be the flagship of the CM restaurants. The clients should be asked to allow others to enjoy the elegance which they are there to do and the service should be over the top without exception every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just FineJPanzerDined on 11/13/2014Not surprisingly, the food was more than good. It bordered on outstanding. The only real miscue was the wonderful tuna, that I had asked for medium-rare but which came decidedly rare. I'm not unhappy they did it because it was clearly sushi grade fish, but it wasn't prepared as I had ordered. Goofy is the word that comes to mind I think about the service and that's not the way it should be at a flagship establishment. We had to send our way around an extremely raucous crowd on their way to a party upstairs. Thankfully, we had self parked in the garage (which, by the way, wouldn't take a credit card) because the line to get our car later in the evening was lengthy to say the least. Parking remains a mess at M. Back to the service - there was no one to greet us for way too long. We had to wait way too long to get change for the aforementioned garage that wouldn't take plastic. And, one of our drink orders was flubbed. So, it was okay. Will we be back? Sure. But we"ll be hoping for more than okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialCoolAl63Dined on 11/13/2014I've been to most of Cameron's restaurants during business trips and found this on to be special. The ambience, service and food were all delicious. Awesome place for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Location for Special NightnotoutoftenenoughDined on 11/10/2014They hit on every level of a top notch meal- service, menu, and ambiance.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationCalebDined on 11/8/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday dinner and it was outstanding! Service was perfect, my salmon and her steak were the best I've ever had. She even got a complimentary dessert for her birthday! I would highly recommend for any special occasion. We'll defiantly be back!Special Features:
- Food was not goodYumyumVIPDined on 11/6/2014I've been there a few times and this is the worse time. Good was bad, my sea bass was very fishy.Special Features:
- great service no interruptionsbirthdaysurpriseDined on 11/6/2014I absolutely do not enjoy servers interrupting conversation. no one at M ever did thisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JMaininiDined on 11/5/2014Most delicious food in Columbus! Would recommend anyone to go there for a special occasion or event. Looking forward to going back and maybe trying out their happy hour. Service is outstanding!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant of all timesThespotmeisterDined on 11/4/2014Being a Pastor, author, motivational speaker, and Life Coach my travels keep me living out of hotels and restaurants abroad. However my treat to myself is when I return to Columbus is going to dinner with my staff or friends to M's. The staff is like the family you always wanted. The food never ceases to amaze me. The atmosphere is intoxicating, and lastly each time is like going for the 1st time. Thanks Cameron. ....you outdid yourself. Charles BondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bowl of GravyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014I ordered the "steak in a bowl." This consisted of Filet Mignon and buttered potatoes. There was so much butter that the entire bowl turned into a brown gravy dish. This ruined the taste of a fine steak and the image of the meal itself. If you order this plate, get the potatoes on the side.Special Features:
- Oh Yes.cbjusticeDined on 10/24/2014As always, M delivered. We had family in town as a surprise to celebrate our engagement, and after she said yes (woohoo!) we had everyone for dinner in the Barrel Room. Delicious and unique cocktails, great wine selection, the best tomato soup around, beet salad, steak in a bowl, NY strip, salmon, ahi tuna, Chilean sea bass. All were cooked perfectly with tons of flavor. Let's not forget about dessert - two orders each of the beignets and the lava cake, after which we all passed through the semi-blackout state that comes after consuming too much happiness in too short an amount of time. Service was great - funny, engaging, and timely. Thanks to M for helping our families celebrate with the perfect nightcap to a perfect day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweetest day dinnerenjoyfinecuisine22Dined on 10/18/2014Lovely view of the Olentangy River and a cozy rounded booth table in the back of the restaurant. Our server was excellent and gave us appropriate time to review the menu options. His recommendations were spot on and the manager even thanked us for coming in. The food quality was spectacular and the presentation was beautiful. Even though the prices were quite expensive with several things ala carte I would go back again.Special Features:
- Don't go during happy hourBrownBagDinerDined on 10/17/2014We've been to M several times but the most recent visit was less than enjoyable. Food was great, service was stupendous but the bar was packed with divorced cougars trolling for a new husband and young bucks who, but for happy hour pricing, could not afford to be there. I felt bad for the parties who were seated directly by the bar and noticeably irritated. It was way too loud and busy to enjoy an expensive meal. If we go back, it certainly won't be during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up Close and PersonalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014I have been to M on special occasions and each time I thought, well, it was a once a year experience. I really thought the food was not on a level of expectation for such an urbane, highly touted restaurant. It was frankly disappointing. Not bad but not what one is expecting from such an illustrious place. The waitress was really personable but I thought over-extended and thus did not (could not) attend my party as closely as I thought appropriate. I just left feeling, well, lots of money, not so great a meal, not as good service as one thinks such an esteemed restaurant would have but dining at M, big deal, and sooo, once a year maybe. But I'm not sure I'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must EatPrinteachDined on 10/11/2014This was my first vist to M in Columbus, and I will definitely be back. From start to finish, it was a delightful experience. The server(s) are in tune with your desires and needs as a patron. Some of the top entree choices had mushrooms, so I had to go for my third choice for an entree. It was still tasty. I am neither a native of Columbus, nor do I live there, but I traveled to experience M, and it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Outstanding for Special Occasions!DJHomestarVIPDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I dined here to celebrate our sixth anniversary, and we very pleased with the food! The Steak in a Bowl was simply fantastic, and my wife says that her scallops were the best she's ever had.Special Features:
- Pre-Concert DinnerdinnerandaconcertDined on 10/11/2014Looked forward to dining at M's, upon arrival we were ushered to the valet and made our entrance into M's. We arrived at opening so there were only a few other guests. This early arrival lead to outstanding service by both the manager and our waitress. Both were personable and informative at explaining the menu. We made our drink and appetizer selections, a nice cabernet and M's version of a Manhattan along with the scallops. We then placed our meal order, steak in a bowl, an odd name, but perfectly descriptive and the end of the season halibut. The drinks were delicious, the scallops were tasty, but @ $18 for 2 a bit pricey. The steak was good but not exceptional, the halibut was dry on the surface and temp wise cooler than expected.Special Features:
- Good food, slow service, noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014I really enjoyed my food, but it took forever. The dining room was very loud and tables were on top of each other. This made dinner impersonal and it was hard to hear my guest over other conversations and the dance music playing in the background.
- DisappointingEdieDined on 10/4/2014M was ok, not worth $200 for dinner though. Fish overcooked, salad very good, housemade gin & tonic odd flavor. Restroom is outside restaurant in building lobby - no hand soap, giant roll of paper towels on counter. Overall experience was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Yummy black orchidCosmoVIPDined on 10/4/2014I got surf and turf roll, shrimp cocktail and sea bass. Sea bass wasn't that great. It's a soup dish, not grill like I was expected. Ocean club and Hollywood were so much better. The chocolate cake was awesome though. Make sure you save some room for it. Oh, and the drinks were good too. Got the black orchid, marquee, and grape crush. Loved everything but the sea bass...Special Features:
- Great Dinner on 10-1-2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014My wife and are not from Columbus and went to M by chance. We has a great meal. King Crab poached in butter app is awesome. Trevor was our server and was very good and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First anniversary with MMattyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food and service were excellent. The strip was phenomenal and the peach pie dessert was scrumptious. They placed "Happy Anniversary" chocolates on our dessert plates :) I would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great meal !!DinefineVIPDined on 9/26/2014M is always great. Excellent service and food. From the sushi to the main course it was perfect.Special Features:
- BethDined on 9/26/2014M is an aesthetically beautiful restaurant where we tend to go for special occasions. Our meal was very good-my husband loved his burger, and my ahi tuna was quite good although we had a little trouble with it being initially too raw, but the staff was happy to take it back and the second time around was just right. The beignets with semi-freddo were to die for. Our server was very nice and helpful, although she had only been on staff for two weeks. My only criticism is that the menu seems to stay the same from year to year, and it is somewhat limited for our tastes. It is also extremely pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced.MichaelDined on 9/26/2014All the Mitchell resuarants have gone downhill (if this were not a small Midwestern town would they still be popular) this one is maybe the best of the lot.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I made reservation for my boyfriends birthday. I had to remind them it was his birthday the server had no idea. We waited 10 minutes for someone to come bring us drinks, and another 10 or 15 to order. I would have like things to be more organized and prompt for the money spentSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/22/2014Ambiance is great, food is great and the service was great as well! It was a delightful evening celebrating a birthday!!Special Features:
- UnremarkableJustChillinDined on 9/20/2014A few negatives: M was out of preferred wine, although I had called earlier in the day to check on availability in general ; 3 out of 4 drinks from bar arrived for toast - 4th one (virgin)came 20-25 minutes later; scallops were room temp at best. 4th wine glass was quickly pulled from the table without asking - then we needed to wait again for a toast until 4th wine glass was returned. Did not expect any of this from such a reputable restaurant. A few positives: Potential for being the perfect spot to celebrate special occasions; ambiance; presentation of entreesSpecial Features:
- M in the middle of ColuMbusExperienceColumbusDined on 9/19/2014Decor & service were top notch ... really extra special. The food, while generally very good, seemed to fall from the highs category, however. Specifically the steaks we ordered were under-cooked for our requested medium (the finest restaurants should have good control of this); also the desert seemed a bit bland (still enjoyable, but not impressive). But let me repeat that the decor and service were really of the highest caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectTellisDined on 9/19/2014When you reserve a table at a restaurant with this name behind it, your expectations are heightened. There's nothing worse than being let down and so there's nothing better than surpassing your expectations. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatToHoVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have dined at M more than any other "big" restaurant in Columbus over the past 5 years - it is just consistently good. Even arriving is a pleasure - so different from most other venues - it sets the scene for a pleasant evening. A great staff, spacious and contemporary bar and dining area compliment a diverse menu and deliciously prepared food. I have never had a dish that wasn't very good. None of this comes inexpensively, but no more than most other high end area eateries in the Short North or German Village areas. Columbus is lucky to have M as a choice for a special night out.Special Features:
- Very fast servicealkaloidDined on 9/19/2014Our foods were on the table probably less than 15 minutes after we ordered - impressed by the efficiency of the service.Special Features: