2 Miranova Place
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.matmiranova.com/
- Phone: 6146290000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Rabold
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining options are available at M. The first is a completely private room with a sliding glass door & curtains that can be opened for a view of the dining room or closed for more privacy. The rectangular-shaped room may accommodate up to 15 guests & is AV friendly. The second option is the semi-private Wine Barrel Room, which may accommodate up to 8 guests. The oval-shaped room is cozy & intimate with lots of candlelight. Private dining at M is the perfect setting for your special celebration or business meeting. Guests may order directly from the menu or we would be more than happy to work with you to create a customized menu to fit your event.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Luff 6146290000x
- Special Events: Happy Hour at M
Celebrate happy hour in the bar at M with $5 martinis and selected wines by the glass Monday - Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. Plus, enjoy half price sushi during our great happy hour.
A word from M Restaurant
When you walk into M Restaurant, Cameron Mitchell’s marquee restaurant & bar, you understand. You are not just out on the town. You are in another place entirely — South Beach, perhaps. You’re surrounded by beauty. A lovely perspective of Downtown Columbus. An outdoor terrace overlooking the Scioto riverfront. Light woods and luxurious fabrics. A dramatically lit bar. Artfully plated dishes of eclectic American cuisine, influenced by the assertive flavors of Pacific Rim & Europe. All enhanced by impeccable service and a wine list considered one of the nation's best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
M Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
M Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)romantic (90)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (59)scenic view (32)great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (24)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (11)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- First anniversary with MMattyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food and service were excellent. The strip was phenomenal and the peach pie dessert was scrumptious. They placed "Happy Anniversary" chocolates on our dessert plates :) I would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great meal !!DinefineVIPDined on 9/26/2014M is always great. Excellent service and food. From the sushi to the main course it was perfect.Special Features:
- BethDined on 9/26/2014M is an aesthetically beautiful restaurant where we tend to go for special occasions. Our meal was very good-my husband loved his burger, and my ahi tuna was quite good although we had a little trouble with it being initially too raw, but the staff was happy to take it back and the second time around was just right. The beignets with semi-freddo were to die for. Our server was very nice and helpful, although she had only been on staff for two weeks. My only criticism is that the menu seems to stay the same from year to year, and it is somewhat limited for our tastes. It is also extremely pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced.MichaelDined on 9/26/2014All the Mitchell resuarants have gone downhill (if this were not a small Midwestern town would they still be popular) this one is maybe the best of the lot.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I made reservation for my boyfriends birthday. I had to remind them it was his birthday the server had no idea. We waited 10 minutes for someone to come bring us drinks, and another 10 or 15 to order. I would have like things to be more organized and prompt for the money spentSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/22/2014Ambiance is great, food is great and the service was great as well! It was a delightful evening celebrating a birthday!!Special Features:
- UnremarkableJustChillinDined on 9/20/2014A few negatives: M was out of preferred wine, although I had called earlier in the day to check on availability in general ; 3 out of 4 drinks from bar arrived for toast - 4th one (virgin)came 20-25 minutes later; scallops were room temp at best. 4th wine glass was quickly pulled from the table without asking - then we needed to wait again for a toast until 4th wine glass was returned. Did not expect any of this from such a reputable restaurant. A few positives: Potential for being the perfect spot to celebrate special occasions; ambiance; presentation of entreesSpecial Features:
- M in the middle of ColuMbusExperienceColumbusDined on 9/19/2014Decor & service were top notch ... really extra special. The food, while generally very good, seemed to fall from the highs category, however. Specifically the steaks we ordered were under-cooked for our requested medium (the finest restaurants should have good control of this); also the desert seemed a bit bland (still enjoyable, but not impressive). But let me repeat that the decor and service were really of the highest caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectTellisDined on 9/19/2014When you reserve a table at a restaurant with this name behind it, your expectations are heightened. There's nothing worse than being let down and so there's nothing better than surpassing your expectations. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatToHoVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have dined at M more than any other "big" restaurant in Columbus over the past 5 years - it is just consistently good. Even arriving is a pleasure - so different from most other venues - it sets the scene for a pleasant evening. A great staff, spacious and contemporary bar and dining area compliment a diverse menu and deliciously prepared food. I have never had a dish that wasn't very good. None of this comes inexpensively, but no more than most other high end area eateries in the Short North or German Village areas. Columbus is lucky to have M as a choice for a special night out.Special Features:
- Very fast servicealkaloidDined on 9/19/2014Our foods were on the table probably less than 15 minutes after we ordered - impressed by the efficiency of the service.Special Features:
- A Special Birthday MealflavorfanVIPDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I traveled from Cincy to attend a conference in Columbus over the evening of his birthday. I wanted a nice place to celebrate and found M on Open Table. It was our first time at M, and we both thought our experience was excellent. We started by sharing the jumbo shrimp tempura (crisp and delicious) and a salad (fresh and flavorful). We both decided to try one of their featured menu entrees which combined a veal tenderloin and braised veal cheek over an asiago cheese stuffed crepe with vegetables and a wonderful sauce etc. - and it was fabulous! Our service was warm, friendly and attentive. Overall a lovely evening! We'd definitely recommend M for a special meal, and we plan to return on a future visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014From the moment you enter M, you know you're going to experience something special. The ambiance is second to none, with crisp white linens, soft lighting, and rather than a sports game playing in the lounge, the film noir classic, Casablanca is one more detail that makes you feel you're in for a treat. Trevor is a fantastic server and was humorous, attentive, and made wonderful recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum0Dined on 9/13/2014The lobster cones and shrimp appetizers, along with the scallops and salmon entrees, were outstanding. My only complaint was the seating was too close to others - you were hearing their conversations, and the large table next to us was separated by a transparent drape. No privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as expectedtelAthensVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent and, as always at a CM restaurant, no problem sharing/splitting salads, entries, etc. We had exceptional service with our waitress even calling a second taxi when the one we ordered didn't arrive in a timely manor.Special Features:
- Never a SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014M has been in business since the time we moved to Columbus. While the menu has evolved modestly to include a few additional items, the quality remains superb as does attention to the diner's desire and needs. My partner's sensitivity to butter was noted by waitress who brought each of us a loaf of bread (one each with and without light butter) without asking. The entre for each of us was delightful with Veal Mignon truly melting in the mouth. Dialog was delightful in a truly wonderful environment. I would recommend to anyone for a special night out. Thanks to the wonderful team at M for making this night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual M did not disappointCM77VIPDined on 9/6/2014I went for 2 girlfriends for a birthday celebration. The food was incredible - the lobster cones are always phenomenal. We tried the scallops, salmon & halibut special entrees- are were well very flavorful- my only criticism was that scallops were too salty. My friend said her birthday dessert (dounts) were by are the best she has ever had. In addition to the food our server was top notch- very attentive, personable & paid meticulous attention to detail- Thank you Trevor for a really fun girls night out!Special Features:
- Almost, but not quite...SadfaceVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our second trip to M and our expectations were high based on our first visit. This time around our food was just as flavorful, but arrived at our table less than hot. In fact, the halibut we ordered was pretty much cool. We'll be back, but the third time had better be the charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceMorgat17Dined on 9/6/2014We went here to celebrate a birthday! Phenomenal food, excellent service. Our waiter, Keith, really knew his stuff...down to the smallest detail! He was amazing...and even kept checking the score on a football game for us! It is more of an upscale place, but you know that going in (pricing is listed on their online menu, so they don't "hide" that from you). In my opinion, it was well worth the price for the food, atmosphere and service. This place is a definite must-do!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Dinner at M was for our 26th wedding anniversary. The food was fabulous and the wait staff excellent. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service YetPhDMomVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had such great food and service - it was, by far, my best experience ever at a Cameron Mitchell's restaurant. Perfect from start to finishSpecial Features:
- A lovely dining experiencegloriaBDined on 9/5/2014We went here to celebrate a job well done with our son who is a very mature 10 year old. He wanted to dine at a fine dining establishment to celebrate, so we took him to M. We had a very nice time, and our son said it was his best experience ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversery DinnerBkyreviewer78Dined on 8/30/2014We were greeted by the staff in a friendly and welcoming manner. We had arrived 30 minutes early but were seated immediately in a booth with a view as requested. Our first negative observation was the selection of music being played and the level of volume being too high. Our waitress Tiffany was very attentive and helpful with menu selections. I should note that this was a Saturday and the restaurant was quite busy. Would reserve this restaurant for special occasions as it is not cheap.Special Features:
- Excellent!maddog6198Dined on 8/28/2014Everyone from the Hostess to the Manager was amazing. Was celebrating my anniversary and it couldn't have been better. Thank you again!
- New menu is greatKyleMcD34VIPDined on 8/25/2014We hadn't been to M in some time. They have a new(er) menu that is fantastic! We were there with friends who love the sushi and it did not disappoint! Look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Extremely over pricedMitchVIPDined on 8/21/2014The service and ambience is outstanding; however, it was just ridiculously over priced and the food was just so so. I had considered taking my granddaughter there for a special treat, but was so disappointed in the prices and quality of the food, I have decided to take her elsewhere. This is my first major disappointment with a Cameron Mitchell restaurant. I think Ocean Club is over priced as well, but would go there again rather than return to "M". Perhaps the point of "M" is to assure that those "not at the top of the food/income chain"Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceDevilinthedetailsDined on 8/19/2014The wait staff is extremely courteous and attentive. The menu is simple and has a great selection. The drink menu is versatile, as was the wine selection. The food was unique, well prepared, and delicious. Overall experience was fantastic. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience.ColumbusmaestroDined on 8/16/2014Food was fantastic. Overall, very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASION / ROMANTICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I has our 20th wedding anniversary dinner at M and could not be more pleased. The food was outstanding along with the service. Since I had mentioned our anniversary when making a reservation on Open Table the staff made every effort to make the evening special. We will come again when we visit Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014One of the best meals I have enjoyed in Columbus. Tiffany, our server, was excellent.Special Features:
- M stands for magnificentFoodFan614Dined on 8/15/2014M restaurant was amazing. We were greeted by the friendly staff as soon as we arrived and they acknowledged my boyfriend's birthday, which i noted on the OpenTable reservation. The table I requested was ready and clean. The food was so good and the wine was delicious. My boyfriend enjoyed his strong mixed drink. The only downside was the noisy table next to us on the patio, drunk women being obnoxious, smoking, and using foul language. However, our waitress moved us to a more secluded table and we had nobfurther issues. I will definitely be back and use OpenTable to reserve a seat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDBlair2230Dined on 8/9/2014My husband rarely raves over the food at restaurants, but we both simply loved the food at this restaurant. He had the pork chop and I had the burger. He also especially liked the vanilla old fashioned. Our server was very nice and polite. Courses were timed correctly. I am definitely glad that we chose this restaurant for our trip to Columbus.Special Features:
- expensive but chicjniehowDined on 8/9/2014As any fancy restaurant goes, it was a nice experience, but in the end it will probably be our first and last visit. I got the strawberry salad which was very good and the salmon, which was pretty uneventful. The portion was miniscule, and I could have gotten the same meal at Cap City for half the price! We were celebrating our anniversary so we wanted it to be special and memorable, the atmosphere was nice, and because we were so close to the table next to us I learned all about that couple's blossoming relationship...only because it was easier for me to hear her than it was my husband! I was hoping this would be our yearly anniv. dinner restaurant for but unfortunately I'd rather go back to Marchellas, The Pearl, or Cap City first!Special Features:
- Special OccasionMamasanDined on 8/4/2014Wonderful choice to celebrate any special occasion. Fantastic service, impeccable preparation of all food selections, enormous wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wedding Anniversary SelectionBigBriDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I enjoyed our 6th wedding anniversary at M. We were greeted promptly and our table was waiting for us. We were both impressed with the teamwork of all the staff to keep our drinks full, table clean, and food delivered. It was the perfect atmosphere for us as we enjoyed the Sea Bass and the Salmon dinners. They were excellently crafted and beautifully presented. We also treated ourselves to their cake and ice cream for desert. It was the perfect portion size and was also expertly presented. Thank you for an awesome night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingSMarcumDined on 8/1/2014We celebrated our 5th anniversary at M this weekend. The attention to every detail is remarkable. They made it a very special night. M is the most romantic resturant in the city. The food was world class and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the MOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014We we warmly greeted and promptly seated. The whole evening went well. Linda was an outstanding professional server. The Manger, Jack Goodall was so very professional and impressed us very much.Special Features:
- Romantic hot spot!DebbieDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was lively yet romantic. Great menu, delicious food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014M Restaurant is second to none when it comes to food, service and atmosphere! Highly recommend for any occasion......AAA+++!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like server was on commissionmarcoDined on 7/26/2014We asked about drink specials and was told there weren't any, even though a sign at entrance offered $5.00 drink and appetizer specials. When my wife asked for house wine, was told there weren't any. Offered a "good" wine and brought 2 glasses. $16.00 each. People next to us were told of appetizer specials. Unfortunately, we had placed our order. Food was good, people friendly, but felt robbed paying high price for average wine. Many other good places to eat, enjoy wine, and leave with a satisfied feeling. Will not be back here.Special Features: