2 Miranova Place
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.matmiranova.com/
- Phone: 6146290000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Rabold
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining options are available at M. The first is a completely private room with a sliding glass door & curtains that can be opened for a view of the dining room or closed for more privacy. The rectangular-shaped room may accommodate up to 15 guests & is AV friendly. The second option is the semi-private Wine Barrel Room, which may accommodate up to 8 guests. The oval-shaped room is cozy & intimate with lots of candlelight. Private dining at M is the perfect setting for your special celebration or business meeting. Guests may order directly from the menu or we would be more than happy to work with you to create a customized menu to fit your event.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Luff 6146290000x
- Special Events: Happy Hour at M
Celebrate happy hour in the bar at M with $5 martinis and selected wines by the glass Monday - Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. Plus, enjoy half price sushi during our great happy hour.
A word from M Restaurant
When you walk into M Restaurant, Cameron Mitchell’s marquee restaurant & bar, you understand. You are not just out on the town. You are in another place entirely — South Beach, perhaps. You’re surrounded by beauty. A lovely perspective of Downtown Columbus. An outdoor terrace overlooking the Scioto riverfront. Light woods and luxurious fabrics. A dramatically lit bar. Artfully plated dishes of eclectic American cuisine, influenced by the assertive flavors of Pacific Rim & Europe. All enhanced by impeccable service and a wine list considered one of the nation's best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
M Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
M Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)romantic (85)notable wine list (60)fit for foodies (56)great for outdoor dining (33)scenic view (32)hot spot (22)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (12)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Anniversery DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We were greeted by the staff in a friendly and welcoming manner. We had arrived 30 minutes early but were seated immediately in a booth with a view as requested. Our first negative observation was the selection of music being played and the level of volume being too high. Our waitress Tiffany was very attentive and helpful with menu selections. I should note that this was a Saturday and the restaurant was quite busy. Would reserve this restaurant for special occasions as it is not cheap.Special Features:
- Excellent!maddog6198Dined on 8/28/2014Everyone from the Hostess to the Manager was amazing. Was celebrating my anniversary and it couldn't have been better. Thank you again!
- Extremely over pricedMitchVIPDined on 8/21/2014The service and ambience is outstanding; however, it was just ridiculously over priced and the food was just so so. I had considered taking my granddaughter there for a special treat, but was so disappointed in the prices and quality of the food, I have decided to take her elsewhere. This is my first major disappointment with a Cameron Mitchell restaurant. I think Ocean Club is over priced as well, but would go there again rather than return to "M". Perhaps the point of "M" is to assure that those "not at the top of the food/income chain"Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceDevilinthedetailsDined on 8/19/2014The wait staff is extremely courteous and attentive. The menu is simple and has a great selection. The drink menu is versatile, as was the wine selection. The food was unique, well prepared, and delicious. Overall experience was fantastic. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience.ColumbusmaestroDined on 8/16/2014Food was fantastic. Overall, very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASION / ROMANTICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I has our 20th wedding anniversary dinner at M and could not be more pleased. The food was outstanding along with the service. Since I had mentioned our anniversary when making a reservation on Open Table the staff made every effort to make the evening special. We will come again when we visit Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014One of the best meals I have enjoyed in Columbus. Tiffany, our server, was excellent.Special Features:
- M stands for magnificentFoodFan614Dined on 8/15/2014M restaurant was amazing. We were greeted by the friendly staff as soon as we arrived and they acknowledged my boyfriend's birthday, which i noted on the OpenTable reservation. The table I requested was ready and clean. The food was so good and the wine was delicious. My boyfriend enjoyed his strong mixed drink. The only downside was the noisy table next to us on the patio, drunk women being obnoxious, smoking, and using foul language. However, our waitress moved us to a more secluded table and we had nobfurther issues. I will definitely be back and use OpenTable to reserve a seat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDBlair2230Dined on 8/9/2014My husband rarely raves over the food at restaurants, but we both simply loved the food at this restaurant. He had the pork chop and I had the burger. He also especially liked the vanilla old fashioned. Our server was very nice and polite. Courses were timed correctly. I am definitely glad that we chose this restaurant for our trip to Columbus.Special Features:
- expensive but chicjniehowDined on 8/9/2014As any fancy restaurant goes, it was a nice experience, but in the end it will probably be our first and last visit. I got the strawberry salad which was very good and the salmon, which was pretty uneventful. The portion was miniscule, and I could have gotten the same meal at Cap City for half the price! We were celebrating our anniversary so we wanted it to be special and memorable, the atmosphere was nice, and because we were so close to the table next to us I learned all about that couple's blossoming relationship...only because it was easier for me to hear her than it was my husband! I was hoping this would be our yearly anniv. dinner restaurant for but unfortunately I'd rather go back to Marchellas, The Pearl, or Cap City first!Special Features:
- Special OccasionMamasanDined on 8/4/2014Wonderful choice to celebrate any special occasion. Fantastic service, impeccable preparation of all food selections, enormous wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wedding Anniversary SelectionBigBriDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I enjoyed our 6th wedding anniversary at M. We were greeted promptly and our table was waiting for us. We were both impressed with the teamwork of all the staff to keep our drinks full, table clean, and food delivered. It was the perfect atmosphere for us as we enjoyed the Sea Bass and the Salmon dinners. They were excellently crafted and beautifully presented. We also treated ourselves to their cake and ice cream for desert. It was the perfect portion size and was also expertly presented. Thank you for an awesome night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingSMarcumDined on 8/1/2014We celebrated our 5th anniversary at M this weekend. The attention to every detail is remarkable. They made it a very special night. M is the most romantic resturant in the city. The food was world class and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the MOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014We we warmly greeted and promptly seated. The whole evening went well. Linda was an outstanding professional server. The Manger, Jack Goodall was so very professional and impressed us very much.Special Features:
- Romantic hot spot!DebbieDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was lively yet romantic. Great menu, delicious food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014M Restaurant is second to none when it comes to food, service and atmosphere! Highly recommend for any occasion......AAA+++!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like server was on commissionmarcoDined on 7/26/2014We asked about drink specials and was told there weren't any, even though a sign at entrance offered $5.00 drink and appetizer specials. When my wife asked for house wine, was told there weren't any. Offered a "good" wine and brought 2 glasses. $16.00 each. People next to us were told of appetizer specials. Unfortunately, we had placed our order. Food was good, people friendly, but felt robbed paying high price for average wine. Many other good places to eat, enjoy wine, and leave with a satisfied feeling. Will not be back here.Special Features:
- Good food,didn't honor reservationFood4uDined on 7/25/2014I had a reservation for 8 people at 9pm. I usually call, but this time I made it online and called later to confirm. It still took about an hour to be seated! We all got drinks and waited in the bar area. The staff was very kind and kept saying thank you for being so patient for waiting, but they made no effort or offer to compensate for the time we waited. The food was wonderful as always, and the food service was good, but we were a little disappointed this time.Special Features:
- Outstanding time at MCityLightsDined on 7/25/2014I had heard great things about M before our visit, and I'm glad to say that my expectations were fulfilled and then some. We went to M during restaurant week and I got the salmon, which was made to perfection. Everything else was absolutely delicious as well (sushi, cake & ice cream dessert). On top of this, our very attentive server, Amanda, made sure that every aspect of our time here was perfect. Thank you, Amanda! We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodYumyumVIPDined on 7/23/2014The menu has got better then before. Especially the Columbus week set menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love M!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014My Wife and I make M our regular date night location. They always take care of us, and the food is fantastic. We love M and their employees!!!Special Features:
- Always AmazingChrisDined on 7/19/2014M never lets you down whether it's for sushi during their wonderful happy hour or a special occasion like the one my wife and I recently shared there. They made everything special and made us feel very welcome, our delicious meals were just icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Above and beyond expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We finally had family watch our kids while my wife and I had date night and used our Cameron Mitchell gift cards. We chose M over the other restaurants simply because of the menu. We felt we could eat healthier and still have a nice night out. The ambiance was perfect for us, no overpowering bright attractions and not very loud but enough background noise that we could talk without worrying about being too loud or sharing our lives with everyone around us. Our waitress was awesome, there when we needed something and she didn't bother us otherwise. The food is the best food I have ever had in Ohio and it would probably be the best dining experience we have ever had except there wasn't a beach. We highly recommend M and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPartyof4Dined on 7/15/2014We came to M with another couple. Our experience was amazing! The food was incredible. Chef Jeff was wonderful. Our overall experience from beginning to end was outstanding! Would absolutely recommend dining at M to anyone.Special Features:
- Wow what a great mealgagajeanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Fabulous meal, friendly staff and great ambiance. It was our 51 st. Wedding. Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to go!!PolkimbaDined on 7/11/2014This is my second time at M and it was fantastic. Great service, over the top food, and the layout of the floor is superb. Can't go wrong if you want to impress someone special!!Special Features:
- Bill and Laurene CreekbaumDiningduoDined on 7/11/2014Hated it. Food was cold. Got our orders wrong and other diners had to wait while the rest of us had our food. Then we had to send our food back because it was cold and I mean cold as ice when it was served not because of waiting on the entree correction and the waiter was a jerk about it. Cocktails were awful. Decor is tired and boring. Table was constantly being bumped by waiters and arriving diners. Loud patrons in the bar filtered into the dining room. Not coming back. This was not our first time there. Always loved it before and have taken business clients because of the food and ambiance. Not anymore! :-(Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Had an amazing time! We will be back! Our server deb was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but goodActs14v17Dined on 7/7/2014The food, service, and atmosphere were fabulous. It may be the best place to go for a meal in Columbus, although I've never spend that much on one meal before - it was for a special occasion with my wife. I recommend the steak bowl and lobster mash potatoes.Special Features:
- M ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014One of my favorites. Great food, great service, great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tharlessDined on 6/30/2014Had the steak in a bowl, best filet I have ever had, didn't even need a knife, it was so tender and juicy it just pulled apart. Wife had the tomato soup and it was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One flawCollinplaysDined on 6/26/2014The food is great! The portions and prices are on the mark. The ambiance is great for the most part. The service is lacking, not in knowledge, they are just not on top of things. The bartender, before we sat for dinner, forgot my wife's drink. The waiter forgot to bring a beer menu 3 times. He also forgot to stop back by to see if everything was cooked to our liking even though he said he "Will be back in a minute to see that everything is perfect." My pregnant wife sat for twenty minutes with an empty waterglass even though the waiter had an assistant, whose purpose was aiding with such things. In that twenty minutes we never even saw an employee. So the one flaw is service. It's the worst service I have had in a place of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2014Linda, our server, was fantastic. She was fun, helpful and helped make our evening extremely enjoyable. The food was fabulous. My dad said it was the best Chilean sea bass he had ever eaten. All of us cleaned our plates. We will go back again!Special Features:
- Amazingluv2dineDined on 6/21/2014Everything was beyond delicious. Waiter was very kind. Atmosphere was on point.Special Features:
- Great Experienceyummyfood7Dined on 6/21/2014We dined here for our anniversary and the staff made an effort to congratulate us and ensure our experience was wonderful. Our waitress was awesome. Although food is expensive it's totally worth it! Delicious:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 6/18/2014Always delicious food, but you have to wait for the drink menu until your server comes to the table.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Had a great anniversary dinner on the patio. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely terraceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014We ate outside on a beautiful night and it was quiet and pretty. The prices are high bit we knew that before we went. I had a great burger and my daughter enjoyed a salad and sushi. My husband felt his fish portion was small and the quinoa a little undercooked. The lava cake was a little dry for us. The service was good and the waiter was friendly)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met expectations007007007Dined on 6/14/2014Had our anniversary dinner here.it was great. The drinks are great, service was fantastic. Food was delicious. It's expensive, but when you are done it feels worth it.Special Features:
- Great food, not usual great servicedrseanmcl11VIPDined on 6/13/2014M is regular restaurant on our lists for special occassions, important business and recruitment dinners, and when we want to impress out of town guests. The food is exceptional, always. The speciality cocktails are among the best in our travels around the US and Europe. Wine never disappoints. Service almost always matches our expectations, but this most recent visit our server was a distraction. He was interpersonally awkward, interrupting conversation, intruding to clear plates, and making unprofessional comments. It was not up to the caliber of the M experience. Typically, the server is a well-time, constant but never intrusive presence. This recent experience is a aberration, not the norm for this Columbus gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.