M Restaurant and Bar
209 10th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
M Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 6156781591
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday -Friday: 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday: 10:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar
A word from M Restaurant and Bar
Southern-inspired, contemporary cuisine with Nashville roots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
M Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
M Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (25)romantic (21)good for groups (14)notable wine list (13)hot spot (13)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing place for dinner!LovenashvilleeatsDined on 10/18/2014A perfect dinner with my daughters before the ballet. Our server, Christian, was a well informed delight. The atmosphere was simple and elegant. The fried green tomatoes had a new twist with pimento cheese and bacon marmalade. Yum! Wine, entrees, dessert, yes we had it all, were exceptional in every way. We had a lovely experience and will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive Small MenuGrayrayVIPDined on 10/15/2014While the choices weren't many, each dish was very well done. The wine by the glass was priced well and a good pour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Food was very good except the pork was very fat. Two suggestions: the two top by the pole is not a good place to sit; need a few other selections of red wines.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!ChristieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Every dish we ordered was amazing! We sat at the bar where you can watch the chef's prepare the food..really fun. Highly recommend M!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High point of Nashville tripChicagoBobDined on 10/10/2014Just a wonderful experience. Southern inspired, touch of Nashville dining...really great. The food was outstanding, excelelnt wine list...a really fun, modern place even if you're not fun and modern. In addition to table seating, you can sit at the bar or sit at a bar that overlooks the kitchen. It's a really fun palce, great staff. SUPERBSpecial Features:
- M RestaurantDobberDined on 10/8/2014Interesting but somewhat limited menu definitely going for a "modern-show food" flair. Highlight was the fried green tomatoes which had a very unique twist. Also noteable was the house made steak sauce. Overall my dining companions and I gave M a solid B.Special Features:
- A hidden gemiheartnashvilleDined on 10/8/2014Great environment and menu for a pre-downtown event (concert, sports, etc..) or business luch. Highly recommend the crab and avocado salad and the gumbo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedAmyDDined on 10/7/2014Although we had a lovely evening with friends, we felt the food was overpriced for the quality.Special Features:
- Farm Fresh FabulousFergieFoodyDined on 10/2/2014Creative, original dishes using many local farm products. Delicious food and great decor in a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fan-FREAKING-tabulous!!!!!!!FlavorFreakDined on 9/29/2014My first M visit & I wiiiillll be a return customer. Everything about M was simply Mahvelous! The decor, the servers, the host, the chef, the ambiance, the FOOOOOD! This will be a perfect spot to drop in after work to wait for traffic to die down. Yep, this will be a frequent spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantEnjoyagoodmealDined on 9/20/2014We were a large group with a number of food restrictions. The restaurant was incredibly accommodating and offered a beautiful palette of food to our group. The food was delicious and we really got to feel like we were tasting Southern/ regional specialties. Special shout out to the manager Tyler Teed who was particularly attentive, fun and enhanced our experience.Special Features:
- eclectic menufoodandwineDined on 9/17/2014We enjoy all the Mack restaurants. Each is unique in their menus and twists on Southern cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDatenightersVIPDined on 9/11/2014Soup came out warm, entrees came out cold. Food tasted nice but overall just average at best.
- Always Greatjshjh023VIPDined on 9/6/2014Have been here many times and the service and food are excellent. Could be on of my top spots in Nashville. Food, service....everything just really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M is a LeaderFineFoodNiteVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food/service and the prices are VERY reasonable. They also transported us to the symphony after dinner. If you want a great dining experience, visit M.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurant!!!sweetteeDined on 8/29/2014We eat hear a lot. Great food, great service, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs Better ServiceStrayhornVIPDined on 8/18/2014I have only been twice. However, the service was slow the first time and even slower the second. The restaurant was not busy, but the waiter just waited. I had to flag him down. He was pleasant but not helpful. The food was not quite as good the second time. I really want to like this place. It has a great feel and is very comfortable. However, they need to step up the service.Special Features:
- Great Southern FlareECG3Dined on 8/16/2014The drinks were unique and the food was exceptional. Our waiter was friendly and very informative without being too overbearing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinnerRichardDined on 8/15/2014A group of five of us arrived and were promptly seated. Service was very attentive and our server knew the menu and restaurant well. It appeared the servers were dressed in "regular" clothes which made them look like managers or assistant managers rather than "wait staff", and from the professional service we received, I actually thought he was the manager until we asked toward the end of our meal. Unfortunately, we had had appetizers at another bar before arriving at M, so we weren't hungry enough for full plates, so we mostly ordered various salads along with the soup of the day, which was wonderful. Hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBlueDined on 8/15/2014Food here was delicious! Came on a Friday afternoon for lunch. Food and drinks were amazing. Service was attentive. Not sure if it was the time of the day that we were there or if it is always that way, but the crowd all seemed like they were there for business lunches and it was very quiet. (And we were a Bachelorette Party.) I would go there again, but not for a party.Special Features:
- MehNashconciergeVIPDined on 7/26/2014I'm actually very disappointed by M. I've heard rave reviews on this restaurant and the best thing I had was the chicken and waffles. Which by the way I would go back for! So we started with that and then I had the steak. Which had no flavor what so ever to it. And my boyfriend had the special of the night with was Hawaiian marlin. Which again. Nothing to write home about. We finished off with the pineapple tart that could have been purchased from Publix. We went on a Saturday and it was surprisingly empty at 730. And for as empty as it was they stuck us in a two top table in the corner. It was a little cloister phobic but I wouldn't ask to move just in case they had plans for the other tables. Which from what I saw, they didn't.Special Features:
- Great dinnergreg5565Dined on 7/25/2014My wife and I went there for the first time Friday night -- we'll be back again soon. We love Macke and Kates and this installment to their restaurant family really keeps their ranking in the Nashville food scene high. We enjoyed the fried green tomatoes to start -- the siracha pimento cheese on the tomatoes was unique. Overall a wonderful meal with a nice vibe and scene.Special Features:
- Excellent Foodbeccantodd123Dined on 7/25/2014We really enjoyed the food. It was rich and tasty, so there was no need for large portions. I'd recommend it, despite it being a little out of our budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Brought out-of-towners here for dinner. What a let-down. 2 of us got the catfish bites as our dinner. You really could not tell what you were eating. Completely flavorless. Served atop dry coleslaw. Shrimp and grits is certainly not deserving of an award, as we were told by the server. Certainly adequate, just not outstanding. No bread was ever offered, before or with dinner. Is that a thing of the past? Overall a disappointment.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/15/2014Small portions, but excellently prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Best food in Nashville!ConciergeCarolineVIPDined on 7/2/2014I knew M. was a great choice as soon as I walked in the door. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and area. I ordered the citrus seared scallops and was IN HEAVEN. The shrimp and grits was delicious, and the steak was perfect. I absolutely loved the refined yet playful atmosphere, and the menu was innovative with a strong Southern flare. I will be returning as soon as possible. 5 stars from me!Special Features:
- Great Food!morgevDined on 7/1/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary and could not have had a better experience! For an appetizer we had the hot chicken and waffles, which were simply delicious. As entrees we ordered the scallops with asparagus tips accompanied by a sweet potato casserole cup cake which was divine. My husband's salmon was cooked to perfection with a side of orzo salad. The coca cola cake and fried pies completed our wonderful experience. Would recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 239 reviews are from the M Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Creative Foodirishchck1Dined on 7/1/2014I love trying new things and the options on the menu were great. The Lobster BLT was outstanding. Would had liked if they had a drink menu with some fun cocktailsSpecial Features:
- Too LoudBillNashvilleVIPDined on 6/27/2014M has some work to do. Service that night was slow and forgetful. Very loud and adding live music made it worse. I have eaten at M several times and will go back but wish they would make some improvements especially as to noise. Should not be necessary to yell across the table to be heard.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I absolutely loved "M". The place is amazing, great food, great wine and we had Christian as our waiter and he was awesome. This will definately be a place I go again.Special Features:
- Great place, Great food!!aprylshowersDined on 6/21/2014Excellent experience!! Extremely friendly staff! The food was delicious & the atmosphere is amazing. I will definitely frequent M Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Weekend - Night 1JsmorelDined on 6/20/2014I didn't enjoy the food here. I ordered there special, the wahoo fish. It was delivered to be only partially cooked. When I mentioned to the waiter that it was raw in the middle, he tried to explain it away by saying it was a dense fish and if he could have the kitchen cook it longer if it made me feel better. The fish, after it was cooked further, was bland. Although my fish dish wasn't great, my friends said that they enjoyed their strawberry salad.Special Features:
- good food and ambianceballdaddyDined on 6/18/2014I took my sister there for her birthday. Neither us had been there but we had heard good things. I had the shrimp and grits and she had one of the chicken dishes. Both were great. The chicken was more than she could eat. The shrimp themselves were large while the overall portion was not. I finished off her chicken breast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysHappyEaterDined on 6/10/2014this place should be much busier given the quality of the food and serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014Great food and friendly, attentive (but not hovering) service. A little pricey. Seemed vacant when I was there. Not sure why, maybe caught them on a bad night. If the value was just a little better, would be a great find for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2014Came in to town for a visit. Found M. online. Food was excellent. Nothing was sub par. Would come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance, meh...Food, incredible!SweetDDined on 5/31/2014When we first got there we were honestly not very impressed. The space felt cramped & awkward to walk through. We had reservations & we ended up getting put at a small, cramped bar table. We didn't have one main server, so it was hard to get people's attention at first. My husband ordered a Moscow Mule, which didn't really taste like one. So we didn't feel we were off to a great start. But we hung in there & I have to say the food won us over completely. It was amazing! We got the Hot Chicken & Waffles to start, followed by the Sweet Corn Ravioli & the Chicken with fresh tomatoes, sweet relish & Mac & Cheese. We would go back based on the food alone. Well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - way too loudtngirlVIPDined on 5/31/2014Live music isn't always necessary. M is a lovely place but the live music makes conversation impossible. Ditch the music. Enjoy the great food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014Enviornment cold and just too loud to have a pleasant dining experience with friends.Special Features:
- Good FoodOccasionallyOutDined on 5/30/2014We visited M with friends from out of town. Our table was ready, the restaurant was not overly crowded, parking was easy, and food was good. Made for a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.