The Ritz Carlton New Orleans
921 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/NewOrleans/Dining/MBistro/Default.htm
- Phone: 5046702828x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Late Night: Friday - Saturday: 9pm - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Gray II
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Marco Fanelli, Assistant Restaurant Manager, at 504-343-4260 or 504-670-2828 with questions about catering or large parties.
- Private Party Facilities: We accept large party reservations with 48 hours advance notice for parties 12 or larger. Large parties may be required to choose between our limited menu options and depending on special arrangements or requests, a facility fee may be involved.
For smaller groups that require complete privacy, we offer several cheater’s booths which can seat up to 8 guests. We also have the exclusive Wine Room dining experience for an additional fee and can accommodate up to 12 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Marco Fanelli 504-343-4260x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Featuring Jeremy Davenport:
Known for his unique jazz style. Jeremy Davenport specializes in the storytelling standards and an entertainment style associated with the Rat Pack.
He has been the featured musical guest on Food Network`s Emeril Live and has appeared on The Today Show several times along with The Travel Channel and E!.
Wednesday - Thursday - Jeremy Davenport (5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.)
Friday - Saturday: Jeremy Davenport (9:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.)
- Special Events: Special Holiday events and menu options change for each holiday. Contact M Bistro at (504) 670-2828 for more information or visit our website at http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/NewOrleans/Dining/MBistro/Default.htm .
A word from M bistro
Ranked as one of the top Farm-to-Table hotel restaurants by Travel + Leisure (January 2011), M bistro’s menu is an indigenous approach to the preparation of the finest meats, seafood and produce from farmers throughout the Gulf Region.Continued
Special reservations are available at one of three velvet-draped cheater’s booths or the semi-private Wine Room. Jackets are not required.
Special reservations are available at one of three velvet-draped cheater’s booths or the semi-private Wine Room. Jackets are not required.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (7)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great Service - Weak on the FoodDKDELIVERSDined on 10/24/2014The Caprese' appetizer tomatoes were mostly mush. Balsamic was fantastic. Had the chicken entree. It was way overcooked, even difficult to cut not to mention a very small portion. Wife had the Lamb Chops and were very gamy. She is a Lamb lover and has had them all over the world. These looked great but she was underwhelmed and only ate one of the two served. Service was top notch.....Definitely not food one would expect coming from the Ritz-Carlton. BTW, the RC was fantastic.
- Impeccacblepjw330VIPDined on 10/20/2014Tucked a way inside of the Ritz Carlton Hotel is a rare gem. M Bistro is a bit difficult to find from the front entrance, but more than worth the search once we arrived. We were delighted with every aspect of our dining experience. We were treated like royalty from the very first moment by Amy our server. She was a delight and very attentive. The lamb chops were impeccable as was my husband's filet. Amy made sure that every portion of our meal was to our liking and then correctly steered us toward an amazing dessert--the bananas foster treat. Though quite expensive, it is worth every penny and we will sure return again.Special Features:
- M Bistro & Davenport LoungeGeauxULLDined on 9/19/2014Went here on a Friday evening to hear Davenport. Food and menu not so great compared to all of New Orleans' great restaurants! Davenport and band seemed lack-luster and not very enthusiastic. We stayed in the restaurant to listen to the music rather than go to the lounge. I guess I would recommend as a place for a couple to have a cocktail in the lounge and listen to live music....but not highly recommend.
- Wait staff knew how to win you overcea1Dined on 9/17/2014This was a last minute find for us-in the Ritz Carlton. We were a later evening arrival and staff greeted you like you were a friend. Jazz music was playing in the adjoining bar and we settled into a pleasant evening of wine and food coma :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomantickarfistaDined on 9/6/2014Was a little skeltical when I was able to walkin on a sat around 730 and my wife and I where the only two people there. Waiter was pleasant. Food was really good until one oft stuffed shrimps was falling apart. It seemed old , overlooked , it ruined my plate. Desert was not good ( bread putting ).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Brunch stops at 12 FYI! Everything was great! The service was good. It was empty when we went, so we were catered to nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnerHealthy2dineDined on 8/15/2014Hostess went out of her way to get us the perfect table and decorate it appropriately :). Food was fantastic but portions were large. We did not eat all of our meals to save room for desert. Service was excellent. The waiter completely understood the menu and customized recommendations for each of us that matched well. He was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHifibryDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I had lunch at M Bistro, along with our daughter in celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary. The food was sublime, the setting quite beautiful and the service outstanding. We were treated wonderfully well and it was an experience to remember with immense fondness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the special Coolinary menuNOLAprofessorDined on 8/8/2014We had an enjoyable dinner there recently. We ordered from the special Coolinary menu in August and added salads. It was a delicious dinner. I especially liked the crab and shrimp roumelade appetizer - lots of delicious lump white crab meat. The snapper was very good too, but a bit salty. Our motivation for coming to M Bistro was to try the Coolinary menu, and that worked!Special Features:
- Understated EleganceTBBestDishesVIPDined on 7/6/2014We dined almost every night at M Bistro while staying in New Orleans for the 4th of July weekend! The chef is creative and captures the essence of cuisine that is authentic to New Orleans! Located right beside the restaurant is the Davenport Lounge that is named in honor of the hotel’s headline entertainer, Jeremy Davenport. You can hear New Orleans jazz while enjoying the hot beignets bites that includes vanilla, chocolate and caramel sauces! It is definitely a repeat fit for any foodie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the M bistro reviews archive.
- Superb dinning experienceOutstandingDined on 6/28/2014From the moment my husband and I want into the dinning room until we left everything was wonderful. The hostess was friendly and most helpful. Additionally, the wait staff, especially our server, he was outstanding and very accommodating. Our food was brought out in a timely manner. The food was hot and delicious. The Chef prepared the food perfectly. The Chef is a keeper, the food was delicious and very tasty. Our anniversary was very special because of the fine group of people working at M Bistro. Everything was exceptional........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful musicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014The lounge has comfortable seating . . . more like your living room. Music was wonderful. We moved to the restaurant, which really is just an extension of the lounge. We could see and hear the musicians well from our table. Excellent service. Food was great -- even by New Orleans standards. We'll return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/20/2014The best crab cakes I've ever tasted, and the chefs came to our table to share their secret recipe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theatre and dinnerGottaknowVIPDined on 5/18/2014Great idea to park at the Ritz, have dinner, and walk to the Saenger. Just wish the food was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day & food was amazing! Only problem was our waitress had no personality whatsoever. She was not friendly at all. Won't stop us from going back though. Hopefully we'll get a different waitress next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glood cholcelunchtimeDined on 5/8/2014Visited this restaurant last time in New Orleans and went back this time with friends. Delicious lunch. Very nice atmosphere. Quiet surroundings not noisy like other place in the French Quarter.Special Features:
- I won't ever go back.BeGoodDined on 5/1/2014It was a very different experience from my first time there two months ago. They cannot afford to be so dramatically different and charge $150 a couple. The gumbo was very good. 48 minutes later our appetizer AND entree arrived. The slider buns were dry and the slider salty. We had them the last time and they were great...but at $18 or $6 each you can't be inconsistent. The entree of blackened fish was stiff and chewy and unremarkable. My wife's steak was chewy and lacked taste. I wasn't aware that there was live music on Thursday nights in a lounge attached to the restaurant. We had to literally shout to communicate. Either you are a music club or a restaurant. You can't charge $150 a couple for such an experience.Special Features:
- Not as good as rating!FrankCDined on 4/27/2014Dining room was empty so they seated us for dinner in bar area -- which was noisier than Bourbon Street! Acoustics seem to have worsened a few loud bar guests. Dinner was good but not up to the price.
- Easter BrunchBabsDined on 4/20/2014Our brunch was absolutely superb. The food was first class and the presentation was not like a typical brunch, it was very impressive. But the icing on the cake was our server, Amy. She made the meal special-attentive, personable, focused, knowledgable, yet she wasn't imposing. The next time we're in New Orleans, we will definitely eat at MBistro but only if Amy can take care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The service was outstanding. The Davenport Lounge was fantastic. Great ambiance, great atmosphere, great service. Overall great!Special Features:
- Slow nightRedRaiderVIPDined on 3/15/2014salads were the starters and they were pretty good. My heirloom tomato salad was green tomatoes. Surprised but they worked (kind of like son of a cucumber tomato green tomato. Mac and cheese held everything up and they came out running from the milk the kitchen must have used to make them less salty. They were running and salty. that delay caused our plates to stay on the warmer which took away some heat on the redfish and potatoes. My lukewarm redfish was good.Special Features:
- dining at M Bistrotrappe21VIPDined on 3/15/2014The dinner at M Bistro was awful all the way through. Even the butter tasted as though it had been left open in the fridge for days. The bread was stale. The pork shank had no taste and was a $32 entre. It tasted as though it had come out of a restaurant supplier's plastic bag and reheated. The red beans and dirty rice were still cold on the plate. This is corporate food at its worst.
- Delicious but loudAnneDined on 3/13/2014We went to M Bistro with a group of old friends. The menu is small but the food was excellent. The only issue we had was with the noise level. The restaurant opens up into the cocktail lounge and the live band was overwhelmingly loud. It would have been fine if we had just wanted to enjoy some music with cocktails but it made it hard for us to converse.Special Features:
- MBIstrostuartDined on 3/6/2014Overall I would rate my experience as awesome. I would recommend this restraunt to all my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit expensive but good foodfredpadillaDined on 3/4/2014I found the price to be a bit expensive, but the food was very good and the atmosphere was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that Ritz-yfoodlover77Dined on 3/3/2014My boyfriends and I were in town for Mardi-Gras. We decided to put this place on our list of places to eat since they cancelled our reservation last year because they aren't open on Mardi Gras. He had the chicken sandwich and I had the Crab cake Sandwich. I have to say his chicken was much better than mine. But what really stole the show were the homemade potato chips that came with his sandwich. It was disappointing for me because had the menu or waitress told us they were homemade I would have ordered the same instead of the underwhelming fries. The food was good but nothing to write home about. I would have definitely skipped out on this place and tried something else. The setting it self however was beautiful. Great place for a drink!Special Features:
- Sunday nightRomanVIPDined on 1/12/2014We arrived on Sunday night around 5:45pm. There was only one other person in the restaurant. The food was good but not the best you will find in NOLA. The service was some of the best you will find in NOLA. I wouldn't recommend it to a tourist looking to find an authentic NOLA experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, better service,1NOLAgrownDined on 1/1/2014We enjoyed the quiet, yet festive atmosphere and the excellent service but our lunch was not up to participate this time. Overall, the Ritz experience was a good one, I now know not to order that particular meal again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas dinnerNickDined on 12/25/2013We had a lovely Christmas dinner at M Bistro! Santa was amazing. He was having a great time with everyone! The dessert bar was over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M bistroAnthonyDined on 12/22/2013Excellent dining experience!!! The food is outstanding and the service is top notch. I highly recommend M bistro at the Hilton in New Orleans, La.Special Features:
- Pre theater dinnerTheaterGoerDined on 12/19/2013Had an early dinner before the theater. The food was very good. Adjacent bar with loud live music would be fun addition, if that is what you are looking. In our case, it made it hard to hold a conversation. Check music schedule before you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ritz and NOLA EmergeJazzyDined on 12/13/2013At the M Bistro you get the world class Ritz treatment coupled with jazzy NEw a Orleans night life. Which means great good, music and night life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambienceTGaFDined on 12/6/2013Went with a group of colleagues and had a great dinner. We were seated at one of the private seating areas, which was very good for conversation and interaction. The wait staff was attentive, and helpful. The food was also very enjoyable. At 9pm, a jazz band started and that was a nice touch to finish the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem at the RitzFellsFoodieDined on 11/24/2013Since the main lobby of the Ritz is one level above the street, very few people will likely know of M Bistro. It is certainly worth the effort to get here since the food is great. The bar area at the entry to the restaurant serves amazing cocktails as well. I guess this shouldn't be too surprising... it is the Ritz Hotel Group. We're coming back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice spot for lunch beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013Very nice spot for lunch before the matinee at Saenger Theatre. They accommodated our request for redfish in lieu of salmon on the lunch special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service second to noneTopnotchDined on 11/8/2013It was excellent and there attention to us was above board. Food tasted awesome and Jeremy davenport was the bomb!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date ChoiceMimiDined on 11/2/2013Great Food. Waiters were always present, made eye contact and spoke with knowledge of menu. Great night over all. We will go back for special occasions. The only bad moment was when the hostess tried to sit up in the back of the restaurant.... It was empty and we had made a reservation a week prior. I asked to be moved closed to be able to see the band and heRcthe music better. She moved us after a few minutes....but I don't see the point of sitting us by the back near the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentgigiDined on 10/23/2013The service was amazing, very warm and helpful. The food was delicious. Went with 6 people and they had a big round table for us, which was great. The room is next to a lounge so we could hear the music and still talk over it. Really enjoyed the whole experience. A great place to get dinner before hitting up the Saenger Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheaterLuv2dineVIPDined on 10/23/2013We chose this restaurant because of it's proximity to the Saenger Theater and for the valet parking. Unfortunately, upon arrival at the parking garage we were told "lot is full" very frustrating.Special Features:
- Terrific nightLacouple5Dined on 10/21/2013We had a delightful meal from start to finish. Cocktails were great. Food was delicious and dessert was sinfully good. Service was impeccableSpecial Features: