M & S Grill - Washington DC
600 13th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
M & S Grill - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mandsgrill.com/
- Phone: 2023471500
- Hours of Operation:
*Bar open an extra hour each night.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from M & S Grill - Washington DC
The M&S Grill offers a classic, traditional American grill menu featuring an extensive selection of steak, prime rib, pot roast, roasted chicken and seafood specialties. With the high ceiling and stained glass-accented bar, it is a popular spot for casual dining or to enjoy cocktails made the old fashioned way. Located across the street from the Metro Center in DC's theater district, M&S Grill is three blocks east of the White House, one block off Pennsylvania Avenue, convenient to major museums, and just 5 blocks from the MCI Center. The Washington Times says "...the restaurant has a friendly feeling ...the service is on par with more upscale restaurants..."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M & S Grill - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lack of attention to detailbingoVIPDined on 5/21/2013My guest was brought the wrong lunch order and then had to wait while they prepared what he had wanted. When it was delivered, it still was not exactly what he had asked for.
- We had a very nice lunch.BinbarDined on 5/21/2013We had a very nice lunch. No rush to get us out and we ended up staying about 2 hours. Very nice place to meet someone you have not seen in months!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usual!AshCraftVIPDined on 5/15/2013I come here quite often for lunch with co-workers and M&S hasn't failed me yet. The food is great, the service is normally good and the wait is normally reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedterpfanDined on 5/12/2013started off great. hostess seated my wife and I and our four kids. they gave us kids' menus complete with pages to color - only NO crayons? I am okay with restaurants with no crayons, but the service was so slow the kids got bored and wanted to color.
- I will stick to Bobby Van'sGeorgeVIPDined on 5/9/2013There was only one person at reception desk and it took so time for her to seat me. The waitress wasn't as professional as one would expect at this type of restraut. Plus, on top of this, they ran out of the main steak - what type of "grill" is this?
- Glad I found M&SMSmadeDCDined on 5/6/2013I came to M&S with some clients and we had a great night. I had reservations and we were sat in a little cubby with just our table. It was unexpected but provided us with the opportunity to provide the personnel attention I was looking for. The food was great! We had the shrimp/bacon/barbeque appetizers and I have to say, it was one of the best things I have ever tasted. Service was great. He was attentive but not bothersome. The only bad thing about M&S is that you are in Washington DC and I'm from Wisconsin. Rest assured that if I come back to DC I will stop in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fast serviceSparkyVIPDined on 5/6/2013We were in and out in under and hour, and that has not always been the case at M & S Grill. Our food was promptly delivered and the server was not over-bearing. We both had salads and they were delicious. I'm glad to see that this restaurant has figured out how to get people on limited time schedules fed and on their way in an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We truly enjoyed dining here.KDubDined on 4/27/2013We truly enjoyed dining here. It is a bit cramped as far as space. But luckily, we had a booth and that is to be expected in the D.C. area. Our server was knowledgeable and extremely energetic. He was able to make great suggestions on drinks by the limited information I gave him. Yusef was great. We would definitely return and suggest to others.Special Features:
- Great location, good solidLateSeviceVIPDined on 4/26/2013Great location, good solid fare, and good business lunch service. Enjoyed the chopped salad.Special Features:
- My wife and I both orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2013My wife and I both ordered the Filet and crabcake. Eventhough the quality of the dinner was above average the price was high. They price them self in the same range as a Mortons or a Ruth Chris Steak House , however they are a step below. Overall the evening was still enjoyable. (I would go again)Special Features:
- Despite having seen underwhelmingAmostcarterDined on 4/25/2013Despite having seen underwhelming reviews, we came to M&S Grill because it was convenient to the Warner Theater. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice of an experience it was. The service was excellent, the facility was clean and in excellent condition. The food was good and the price was fair.Special Features:
- stick with seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Always enjoy M&SHad not been there for awhile, again enjoyed but very disappointed in the NY Strip if it was a NY StripWill go back, not for steak, stick with seafoodSpecial Features:
- The dining room was good,JDWieseDined on 4/22/2013The dining room was good, despite their repeat effort to sell their membership. The bar, where we started, less so, and certainly was less than welcoming.
- Food and Service was averageRegularVIPDined on 4/20/2013Food and Service was average (-)--tourist spot at best
- Ho Hum.......WBNVADined on 4/20/2013At first, I was delighted to be seated next to the front window, however, the server's station was right behind me so there was constant noise. Then I was disappointed again when I realized I had pulled up menu for the F Street location instead of the 13th street branch and none of the items I came for were on the 13th street menu (Fried Oysters and Swordfish Casino). I will give the Maine Lobster Bisque props for presentation and flavor, but that's where the flavor stopped. I had the Mixed Grill; beef medallions requested medium came out well done and bland; salmon portion was about a 3x3 inch square, 3 tiny shrimp rounded out the meal. Server must have been new; he never told me about the specials that server Carlos informed his tables.Special Features:
- Well run, menue is excellent,ChicagosoxDined on 4/18/2013Well run, menue is excellent, seafood is above average, and the ambience is very customer friendly.Special Features:
- We had a great waiter. I justOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2013We had a great waiter. I just want to thank you for the good service.Special Features:
- Interesting menu, good salads,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/16/2013Interesting menu, good salads, very very friendly waitress but entrees were poorly timed from kitchen, three came too early and one not at all!Special Features:
- Service and food at M & SOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/15/2013Service and food at M & S has really declined. I do not recommend it.
- StuartWStuartVIPDined on 4/13/2013With all of the restaurant choices in D.C., this is one I wouldn't go back to.Special Features:
- What happened to this place?t8teVIPDined on 4/13/2013What happened to this place? No more white table cloths, service is much more casual, and you can't even get a baked potato anymore. Add to that they no longer have valet parking, and we don't have much reason to go back. We mainly went there when going to the theatre, but the key attraction was the valet parking where we could leave our car until after the show. Food wasn't great. I strongly suspect the "filet" they served me was actually a sirloin. It was cut thin and seemed too large to have been sliced from a tenderloin. Service was VERY slow. We were seated at 6:30 and rushed to finish our entrees to leave by 7:45. I hope these changes aren't showing up in other M&S locations. We used to enjoy them, but maybe no longer...
- The atmosphere was good andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2013The atmosphere was good and we both enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- In No Hurry to ReturnslmcneiceDined on 4/11/2013We dined at M&S last week pre-theater. The service was great and she delivered on her promise to get us out on time. The food, however, was lacking. My salmon was overcooked and dry, and the mashed potatoes gluey and lifeless. The green beans were the best part of the entree - fresh and crisp. The other three in our party had more positive dining experiences, and the crab soup was lively and full of taste. The overall experience was okay, but I won't hurry back.
- Got to be the first to sitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2013Got to be the first to sit outside for the season. Nicely set up outside for a somewhat tight sidewalk area in the heart of downtown DC. Food was very nice, seafood items especially. Reasonably priced for an upscale lunch!Special Features:
- Last minute reservation, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/8/2013Last minute reservation, and very accomodating with the check etc. as we had to leave quickly for a meeting. Definitely get the twice baked apple pie!Special Features:
- we were looking for a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013we were looking for a nice steak on a sunday evening follwing a day at a conference and M&S grill delivered.Good service good beer and nice surroundings were just what we wanted.
- There is nothing that is badOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/5/2013There is nothing that is bad about this place. Nice setting, good service, good meal. It is convenient for lunch meetings in the downtown area.Special Features:
- Washington DC VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2013Quality of food and service was exellent. Very close to our Hotel in downtown Washington, DC
- open at 11:30 - get thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013open at 11:30 - get there close to opening - gets really busy shortly thereafter - excellent service - food very good - got a little noisey around 12:30 - very good place for business lunchSpecial Features:
- Nice kid-friendly americanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Nice kid-friendly american restaurant. Pretty crowded on a sarurday nightSpecial Features:
- the dinner ordered was notOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/30/2013the dinner ordered was not worth the money. should i return i will not be ordering an entree but appetizers. the butter was excellent.Special Features:
- The kids were tired afterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013The kids were tired after a day walking around the Tidal Basin, the Capitol, and Arlington, and luckily they were able to seat us a bit early before our reservation. Convenient location, right next to Metro Center. Seafood was excellent for me and my wife, and kids were happy with their mac and cheese. Service was prompt as well. Good place for families.
- Overall pretty consistentMADReviewsVIPDined on 3/29/2013Overall pretty consistent with other visits. The service is ok, got better as the night went along. My salmon was overcooked and my sides were not how I ordered them; they were out of one entree by 7:30, but my friends enjoyed their Caesar salad and blackened tilapia. I'll go back because I've had better visits there and it's a great location for work. Great happy hour!Special Features:
- Since reopenining after fireChikaVIPDined on 3/29/2013Since reopenining after fire damage, M&S Grill has more reasonably sized (smaller) portions, but higher prices with fewer menu options. We were disappolinted to find many of our favorite dishes were no longer on the menu and only salmon as the fish. What a shame. We work nearby and would eat here once a week if only the menu were what it once was.
- Dinner was outstanding. BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013Dinner was outstanding. Best steak I think I have ever had. We really enjoyed our experience and will return when we visit DC again.Special Features:
- Slow but Will Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013Service was very, very slow. Otherwise, it was a great spot to go after the theatre. Convenient location and great food.Special Features:
- The food is fine, if a littleJMarkmanVIPDined on 3/21/2013The food is fine, if a little over-priced. The service isn't great, but it gets the job done.
- Open table failed me, M&SOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013Open table failed me, M&S Grille did not have my desperation. Wait staff rushed us and the service level was poor.
- Poor service for a large partyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/15/2013I made a reservation for 12 people (most of whom were from out of town attending a conference nearby). We all showed up ON TIME and we were seated. But it took over an hour to be served! The wait staff never came by the see if anyone needed another drink, did not fill up our water glasses and did not even bring any bread/rolls. Guess we were a 'captive audience' because the wait staff was going to get a 18% tip (automatic for parties over 6 people).
- I placed 3 orders before IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013I placed 3 orders before I found one that the restaurant was not out of. The server made several mistakes and made a witty joke about each one when it was called to his attention. The appetizer arrived after the entree was served and my son's order was completely wrong. Dine at your own risk!