M & S Grill - Reston
11901 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
M & S Grill - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mandsgrill.com/
- Phone: (703) 787-7766
- Hours of Operation:
*Now serving Brunch on Sundays 10:00AM-2:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ruchchai Komol
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Salsa Lessons Sunday nights starting at 6 pm.
Salsa Lessons Sunday nights starting at 6:00 pm
- Cross Street: Library St.
- Public Transit: Reston Town Center - Fairfax Connector.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Free Parking is available within the Reston Town Center. The newest and closest parking garage can be entered from the corner of Bluemont Way & Library Street across from Big Bowl.
A word from M & S Grill - Reston
Located minutes from Dulles Airport and right off the Toll Road in Reston Town Center, M & S Grill brings the classic American grill experience to Reston, VA and northern Virginia's high-tech corridor.Continued
Check out our Famous Bar Food menu available Daily from 4:00pm-7:00pm
Check out our Famous Bar Food menu available Daily from 4:00pm-7:00pm
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M & S Grill - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (38)special occasion (28)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (20)romantic (15)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not the place it used to be...RobertVIPDined on 11/13/2014I've been coming to M&S Grill, hosting business diners for about 5 years. A noticeable decline was noted immediately after Landry's acquired the chain. I've appreciated that this was one of the few restaurants that allowed a sufficiently 'quiet' environment, to have a business dinner - where people could talk, without needing to scream to be heard. Unfortunately, this was 'live music' night where you had the privilege of hearing a 3rd rate singer, sing top 40 stuff. It was too loud, and seemed out of place, at a restaurant that would like to think of itself as 'upscale'. Additionally, the waiter acted like he was clueless. I kept having to ask for things, repeatedly. He was not proactive or attentive enough. A well-run restaurant has management that would/should notice these things. But unfortunately, there was no sign of that.
- great service and friendly staffyummyDined on 11/9/2014We were seated promptly after arriving to the restaurant. Meal, staff, service, timing and food were all wonderful. Location is in a open shopping area, so you can wander around before or after the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and wait time.TrinaDined on 11/9/2014Food had limited wait time and was excellent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VtwinriderDined on 11/9/2014It was a very pleasant evening, we were invited to eat here as part of their recognition for veteran's. I had the honor of serving our country and as a Vietnam Era vet I probably appreciate such things more. So I always attend this M&S event. This year the manager spent some time talking with us and I enjoyed our little chat very much, it was a nice surprise. I have been to both locations in Reston many times and always enjoy the food, the staff is great, and the atmosphere is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Veteran's Day experiencekotoDined on 11/9/2014Thanks for honoring all veterans with an awesome menu! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great Night with FriendsAFVetDined on 11/9/2014Our group of 7 had a wonderful Veterans Dinner again this year. We were warmly welcomed by all the staff and had a wonderful dinner. The food was fantastic. Highly recommend the chips with the cheese and spinach dips! And of course we finished our meal with a superb creme bur-lee and coffee.Special Features:
- We love M&S Grill!dogooddinersDined on 11/9/2014M&S Grill is one of our favorite restaurants in Reston. The filet mignon is always cooked perfectly. My husband had the pork nachos appetizer and parmesan crusted chicken for the first time and both were incredible. Delicious food, above-and-beyond service and great ambience make this one of our favorite date night restaurants.Special Features:
- Thank you for Veteran's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Our sincerest thanks to M&S Grill, its wait staff (Rachael), and management for treating us to a Veterans Day dinner. The food and friendliness (to include management’s table-side visit) added to this wonderful experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Really appreciate your recognition of Veterans. My wife and I, both Veterans, very much enjoyed all aspects of our meal. We even asked for a few special things (gravy) and your staff went out of their way to accommodate us. Thanks again and we will be back!Special Features:
- Rushed, food just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The waitress was trying to rush us through the meal. Didn't give us enough bread so that each of us could have one piece. Food was not that great for the price.
- Veterans Day mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014They went all out to honor the Veterans for a free meal on veterans day. I noticed that a lot of their employees are vets as well. A lesson I learned on TAD was that when your meals are comped than you leave a huge tip. I hope the other vets did as well. Great service by allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyvetDined on 11/9/2014Thank you to M&S for honoring our veterans. Except for Veteran's Day I am only a M&S Happy Hour patron, but I do appreciate the recognition you provide to vets.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honoring VeteransRetiredVetinVADined on 11/9/2014The M&S group of restaurants again provided free meals for all Veterans - with a very nice selection of entries from their regular menu. Half price bottles of choice wine add to the benefit. The staff was great and we visited with two of the managers who were generally appreciative of our service and did everything they could to make it a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Food great Ambience so soDisneygirlDined on 11/9/2014The food was wonderful. Delicious multigrain rolls, lots of menu choices. A sophisticated and tasty vegetarian entrée. Noise level was great for trying to escape the crazy Sat night bar scene and having a conversation. The room felt cavernous and not warmed up by the décor. Although the place was pretty empty, service seemed slow. Still I would come back for the food and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014Food took a long time. No one was at the restaurant! Hamburgers were okay, meatloaf plate looked like served at home. Nothing gourmet or out of the kitchen common. I personally would not go back to this location. I was at the DC and definitely there is a big difference in service, ambiance and food. French fries were all cold and one person got a hamburger 10 minutes later than the rest and it was dry and not as requested. This was a Sunday at 2:30 pm...???? Great for our big group, yet the server had a hard time separating the accounts.....maybe he was in training.Special Features:
- Great date!JillDined on 10/25/2014We had a great date night. The service was excellent and the food fantastic! It is a bit open making it difficult to hear without sharing your dinner conversation with those around you. Overall, great data night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date restaurantAHCRestonDined on 10/25/2014The Manager Ryan took great care of us. The service was prompt and courteous. The atmosphere and food were great!Special Features:
- Good, predictable mealStillColdDined on 10/22/2014good service, good food, a good dependable location for business lunches and dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedPatronDined on 10/16/2014Food and service good - yet wait staff couldn't recall who ordered what and asked repeatedly - who gets the soup, who ordered a salad? The noise level was high due to live music - which I understood came in from outside due to the weather. Because the bar and restaurant are adjacent, the music was loud and you could barely carry on a communication. The manager was kind enough to ask the soloist to turn it down a bit - that helped tremendously. We chose the restaurant because we wanted to allow the table of ten to hear each other - this did not make a good impression and when the restaurant called to confirm the reservation, I mentioned that the table of ten was a business meeting - they should have mentioned the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same ole sameOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/13/2014I ordered off the seasonal menu and the food was fine. The asparagus was a bit under cooked for me, but I didn't complain. The staff was exceptional to my two kiddos, very engaging. We we're there at 6 on a holiday, so the place was quiet. What keeps me coming back is the in between fine and casual dining atmosphere.
- cmg/rctOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014we have dined many times with friends, family, and alone. the food has always been good and the service outstanding. saturday my trout was a little dry but it did not stop me from cleaning my plate. we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamPamramseurDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed our dinner at MS Grill. We've been there several times before. The food is fabulous and the service has always been wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre foodFrequentDinerDined on 10/4/2014Restaurant is in the price range that my wife and I frequent a lot ($150 including wine and gratuity). The food was below the level of peer restaurants.
- Poor serviceOneAndDoneDined on 9/24/2014No service for over 15 minutes. Had to change tables to get noticed. Wrong items brought out
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Girls weekend in Reston, enjoyed our dining experience, yumm! steak & lobster, what's not to like perfectly cooked. espresso martinis & a great waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 9/16/2014manager is excellent, is friendly, and is attentive of his guestsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationlaneyDined on 9/13/2014This is the second birthday celebration we have had here this year and it was still good. The food was great and the restaurant and staff members were great. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in RestonOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/11/2014We had excellent food and superb service. The atmosphere was great as well. The manager stopped by to introduce himself and ensure everything was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu and Good Service.kjd5966Dined on 8/29/2014I had a table for 16 at the M & S Grill on a Friday night. It was a special occasion that I had noted on the reservation. They had printed menus reflecting the event which was a nice touch. Wonderful food. It was also very good service considering we had just one waiter for the table. He kept up nicely. We had plenty space where our table was and I noticed abundant outdoor seating on the patio. Very Nice.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceChrisDined on 8/28/2014Service was great as we had foreign visitors eating with us and the waiter was patient and helpful with the menu. I ordered the New York strip and it was a terrible cut of meat. On top of that, it was poorly cooked. A few of the foreign visitors ordered the steak and lobster. Lobster looked fine, but the "steak" consisted of 5 slices of meat. Very small and our clients were diassapointed (understandably). Others ordered pasta or fish and they seemed happier with their meal. Bottom line, mediocre food that is way overpriced.
- Go to the Real M&SGoodDaysComingDined on 8/26/2014Ok place. Menu limited compared to real M&S (no tuna, limited pasta). Service ok (had to ask for more water). Food ok. I have not tried the real M&S address street however, but the M&S in Tysons/McLean is GREAT. This food fell are short of that.Special Features:
- chic101Dined on 8/20/2014our server was unusually informed and helpful. My scallops entree was also exceptional. And when we mentioned -after the bill was paid - that it was my friend's birthday, our server brought us a delicious complimentary dessert! Lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live music a little too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014There was a concert taking place outside so the live music taking place in the restaurant was a little too loud. We couldn't have a conversation. They moved us to a better table which was much better. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoke on the PatiobethesdanVIPDined on 8/14/2014We took advantage of the nice weather and ate on the patio. All was well until a man on another part of the patio lit up a cigar. Ugh!Special Features:
- Good foodMarknewsDined on 8/7/2014This a solid restaurant with an interesting menu and well-prepared fish. Service is a tad inattentive but not terrible.Special Features:
- CathyHDined on 8/5/2014We had a poor experience here. On my way to the restaurant, approximately 45 minutes prior to the reservation, I received a confirmation phone call. I let them know that we would be there on time. We arrive at the restaurant for our reservation for 9 at 11:30 am. I walked in and they had no reservation, nor a table set up for nine. This was a business luncheon and this was extremely embarrassing. A fire alarm went off during our award portion of our luncheon. This alarm went off for 10 minutes before it was turned off. We could barely hear over the alarm and it made the experience miserable. I would not recommend this restaurant for business luncheons or diners.
- PaigePaigeDined on 8/4/2014We were able to make a reservation at the time requested. I had included that it was our anniversary and we received a menu that had Happy Anniversary on the heading which I thought was a very nice touch for special occasions. I had requested a booth but it was such a nice evening, we decided to eat outside. You do have privacy even though you are in the middle of Reston Town Center. Service was friendly and crab cakes were very good.Special Features:
- M&S Grill - Good Food and PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Good mix of surf and turf. Great outdoor patio, especially in summer during the concert series.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 759 reviews are from the M & S Grill - Reston reviews archive.
- Favorite for special occasionsLuv2dineDined on 7/18/2014M&S Grill has turned into our go to place for any special occasion. Our food is always just right and service is impeccable!Special Features:
- M & S Grill happy hourjmcguire64Dined on 7/17/2014Sadly, M & S does NOT allow happy hour to be enjoyed on their patio. Though the patio is comfortable and not as large as some others I will not go there again for happy hour as they do not allow patrons to dine outdoors and take advantage of the discount.