M & S Grill - Reston
11901 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
M & S Grill - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mandsgrill.com/
- Phone: 7037877766x
- Hours of Operation:
*Now serving Brunch on Sundays 10:00AM-2:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ruchchai Komol
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Salsa Lessons Sunday nights starting at 6 pm.
Salsa Lessons Sunday nights starting at 6:00 pm
- Cross Street: Library St.
- Public Transit: Reston Town Center - Fairfax Connector.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Free Parking is available within the Reston Town Center. The newest and closest parking garage can be entered from the corner of Bluemont Way & Library Street across from Big Bowl.
A word from M & S Grill - Reston
Located minutes from Dulles Airport and right off the Toll Road in Reston Town Center, M & S Grill brings the classic American grill experience to Reston, VA and northern Virginia's high-tech corridor.Continued
Check out our Famous Bar Food menu available Daily from 4:00pm-7:00pm
Check out our Famous Bar Food menu available Daily from 4:00pm-7:00pm
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M & S Grill - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- PleasedPatronDined on 10/16/2014Food and service good - yet wait staff couldn't recall who ordered what and asked repeatedly - who gets the soup, who ordered a salad? The noise level was high due to live music - which I understood came in from outside due to the weather. Because the bar and restaurant are adjacent, the music was loud and you could barely carry on a communication. The manager was kind enough to ask the soloist to turn it down a bit - that helped tremendously. We chose the restaurant because we wanted to allow the table of ten to hear each other - this did not make a good impression and when the restaurant called to confirm the reservation, I mentioned that the table of ten was a business meeting - they should have mentioned the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same ole sameOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/13/2014I ordered off the seasonal menu and the food was fine. The asparagus was a bit under cooked for me, but I didn't complain. The staff was exceptional to my two kiddos, very engaging. We we're there at 6 on a holiday, so the place was quiet. What keeps me coming back is the in between fine and casual dining atmosphere.
- cmg/rctOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014we have dined many times with friends, family, and alone. the food has always been good and the service outstanding. saturday my trout was a little dry but it did not stop me from cleaning my plate. we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamPamramseurDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed our dinner at MS Grill. We've been there several times before. The food is fabulous and the service has always been wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre foodFrequentDinerDined on 10/4/2014Restaurant is in the price range that my wife and I frequent a lot ($150 including wine and gratuity). The food was below the level of peer restaurants.
- Poor serviceOneAndDoneDined on 9/24/2014No service for over 15 minutes. Had to change tables to get noticed. Wrong items brought out
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Girls weekend in Reston, enjoyed our dining experience, yumm! steak & lobster, what's not to like perfectly cooked. espresso martinis & a great waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 9/16/2014manager is excellent, is friendly, and is attentive of his guestsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationlaneyDined on 9/13/2014This is the second birthday celebration we have had here this year and it was still good. The food was great and the restaurant and staff members were great. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in RestonOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/11/2014We had excellent food and superb service. The atmosphere was great as well. The manager stopped by to introduce himself and ensure everything was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu and Good Service.kjd5966Dined on 8/29/2014I had a table for 16 at the M & S Grill on a Friday night. It was a special occasion that I had noted on the reservation. They had printed menus reflecting the event which was a nice touch. Wonderful food. It was also very good service considering we had just one waiter for the table. He kept up nicely. We had plenty space where our table was and I noticed abundant outdoor seating on the patio. Very Nice.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceChrisDined on 8/28/2014Service was great as we had foreign visitors eating with us and the waiter was patient and helpful with the menu. I ordered the New York strip and it was a terrible cut of meat. On top of that, it was poorly cooked. A few of the foreign visitors ordered the steak and lobster. Lobster looked fine, but the "steak" consisted of 5 slices of meat. Very small and our clients were diassapointed (understandably). Others ordered pasta or fish and they seemed happier with their meal. Bottom line, mediocre food that is way overpriced.
- Go to the Real M&SGoodDaysComingDined on 8/26/2014Ok place. Menu limited compared to real M&S (no tuna, limited pasta). Service ok (had to ask for more water). Food ok. I have not tried the real M&S address street however, but the M&S in Tysons/McLean is GREAT. This food fell are short of that.Special Features:
- chic101Dined on 8/20/2014our server was unusually informed and helpful. My scallops entree was also exceptional. And when we mentioned -after the bill was paid - that it was my friend's birthday, our server brought us a delicious complimentary dessert! Lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live music a little too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014There was a concert taking place outside so the live music taking place in the restaurant was a little too loud. We couldn't have a conversation. They moved us to a better table which was much better. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoke on the PatiobethesdanVIPDined on 8/14/2014We took advantage of the nice weather and ate on the patio. All was well until a man on another part of the patio lit up a cigar. Ugh!Special Features:
- Good foodMarknewsDined on 8/7/2014This a solid restaurant with an interesting menu and well-prepared fish. Service is a tad inattentive but not terrible.Special Features:
- CathyHDined on 8/5/2014We had a poor experience here. On my way to the restaurant, approximately 45 minutes prior to the reservation, I received a confirmation phone call. I let them know that we would be there on time. We arrive at the restaurant for our reservation for 9 at 11:30 am. I walked in and they had no reservation, nor a table set up for nine. This was a business luncheon and this was extremely embarrassing. A fire alarm went off during our award portion of our luncheon. This alarm went off for 10 minutes before it was turned off. We could barely hear over the alarm and it made the experience miserable. I would not recommend this restaurant for business luncheons or diners.
- PaigePaigeDined on 8/4/2014We were able to make a reservation at the time requested. I had included that it was our anniversary and we received a menu that had Happy Anniversary on the heading which I thought was a very nice touch for special occasions. I had requested a booth but it was such a nice evening, we decided to eat outside. You do have privacy even though you are in the middle of Reston Town Center. Service was friendly and crab cakes were very good.Special Features:
- M&S Grill - Good Food and PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Good mix of surf and turf. Great outdoor patio, especially in summer during the concert series.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for special occasionsLuv2dineDined on 7/18/2014M&S Grill has turned into our go to place for any special occasion. Our food is always just right and service is impeccable!Special Features:
- M & S Grill happy hourjmcguire64Dined on 7/17/2014Sadly, M & S does NOT allow happy hour to be enjoyed on their patio. Though the patio is comfortable and not as large as some others I will not go there again for happy hour as they do not allow patrons to dine outdoors and take advantage of the discount.
- Best Crab Soup in VAMitchVIPDined on 7/17/2014The crab soup is absolutely amazing! Still is the best on the market and keeps me coming back.Special Features:
- A bit off the markOnyxVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I haven't been to M&S grill in a few years, used to love it, so we thought we'd go back. It was a beautiful night at Reston Town Center, and there was a band playing in the pavilion, we were thrilled to sit outside. Service was excellent, but the food was off the mark. My Shrimp scampi over linguine had very little garlic, decent fresh lemon taste, and the linguine and shrimp were nicely cooked, but this was supposed to be Scampi, basically couldn't taste any garlic. My wife's scallops over couscous was badly under seasoned, quite bland, and the scallops were not cooked correctly, they were squishy, not plump and juicy as they should be. So beautiful night, but the food was lacking.Special Features:
- Good SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014We went to M&S on a business trip. We had reservations and were seated right away. Lots of options both food and drinks. Ver attentive wait staff. We highly recommend a visit here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth GoingDaveMessDined on 7/6/2014Went with a friend for a birthday dinner and selected M&S Grill based on the brand name and convenience. What a missteak. It was a Sunday evening and the restaurant was empty. We were told it is always like this on a Sunday so no big deal. Arriving towards the end of happy hour, we decided on a couple of cocktails..they were horrible.. The apps ordered were pretty good though. The food was a big disappointment. A couple of steak entrees we ordered. both had no seasoning = no flavor at all. The dessert was really good, the only reason I would return and it would probably be to go. The staff seemed unhappy and were inattentive other than the obligatory "How is everything". So many restaurants in Reston, Wish I had gone elsewhere.
- Not for vegetariansEaterEEDDined on 6/30/2014I am not a vegetarian, but two in our party were, and there were very few options for them to choose from. Not even a veggie burger on the menu. We will take our business lunches elsewhere in the future, if only to make our coworkers not feel so limited in their lunch choices.Special Features:
- The following 752 reviews are from the M & S Grill - Reston reviews archive.
- Sunday BrunchLindadinesDined on 6/22/2014Was fantastic! Had gone online prior to look at menu and looked great. Build your own Bloody Mary was especially nice, too. Will return!Special Features:
- Don't Waste Your MoneyDaveRVIPDined on 6/21/2014I would not recommend this to anyone. Sparse menu. Half the items were not available even though we were there when it first opened up. No liquor or wine was purchased and the bill was $86 for three, for lunch????. Food was poor. We should have went to their sister restaurant across the street, McCormick & Schmicks.
- never againfoodie75Dined on 6/20/2014Bread came out after appetizer, moments before entrees. Server not well versed with thr menu. Didnt like a side dish and told the waiter and his response was"yeah its not very good, I don't like that one either", nice time to tell us. When meal came we ordered a second glad of wine which did not come until we were polishing off the last of our entrées. Even dessert was a debacle, creme Brule was ice cold with no carmelization on top and strawberry shortcake was not a shortcake, just a lump of hardened, cooked dough, more like a Biscotti than Antything else. A disappointing $150.00 to say the least.
- Not up to our expectations!Muffin1790Dined on 6/19/2014We have dined at several M & S restaurants before and looked forward to an enjoyable dinner. Our waiter, Kyle, was very accommodating and pleasant. However, we were given soup spoons for our after dinner tea and coffees. The soup was served cold. The rib eye steak was more like a breakfast steak, etc. The noise level was incredibly high. Needless to say, we were disappointed in our meal and general experience. No, I won't return to this particular restaurant. Nor would I recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Father's DaykevamyDined on 6/15/2014An enjoyable dinner in the outside patio on a beautiful day. The food was good and the service was good, we had a little mixup with the entree I ordered but it was cleared up and after waiting a few minutes it was addressed so it ended well. And dessert was comped. We will go back and sit outside this summer.Special Features:
- Good service. Bad food.Jeph4eDined on 6/15/2014Chops were very dry and way over cooked. Chef uses buttermilk or something for slaw. Horrible. Food all around sub par. Service was great. Thanks for ruining Father's Day.
- Waste of time and moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014There were only about 5 other tables occupied when we go there and seemed to have a lot of extra staff hanging around. I had 8 people in my party. We waited an hour and half for our food. The manager did apologize and gave me a discount on the bill because the kitchen was so backed up – which was nice of him. But the whole experience was very disappointing. I won’t be back.
- Average food/serviceEduardoVIPDined on 6/14/2014We went on Saturday night. It was quiet, service was friendly but slow. Food was average. With all the restaurants available in the neighborhood M&S Grill has to improve significantly for us to come back.
- Great Place to Eat!kazirangaDined on 6/11/2014Great Place to Eat! We sat outside in the patio. The service was well timed and not rushed. I'd recommend the Swordfish. The Calamari and Maryland Crab soup were good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu online doesn't matchhickabillyDined on 6/10/2014I took some business associates out after work and we all went online to look at the seasonal menu for the Reston M&S. Each of us arrived prepared to order so that the business meeting could proceed without that long pause for reading the menu or the constant interruptions to check if we are ready to order. But a glitch occurred. Two of the things on the menu weren't available so we ended up with that long pause, a quick order of whatever we spotted and then continued the discussions. It turned out that the quick selection was very good and interesting. Everything was fresh, well presented, and the staff was very professional. If you tell them you are there for business, they seat you in the back where it is quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchrestonresidentDined on 6/8/2014We planned this for my daughter's birthday. Especially loved the "create your own" bloody marys. Everyone enjoyed the food as well, and the service was friendly and impeccable. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Delicious FoodMikeGRestonDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I (along with our 16 month old son) have eaten at the M&S Grill in the Reston Town Center on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed with either the food or service and this time was no exception. We got some light appetizers, drinks, and light dinner on a very comfortable Saturday evening. We sat outside and our server (along with the other wait staff) was awesome and especially so with my son which we really appreciate. Definitely would recommend!Special Features:
- eatwellDined on 5/31/2014Friendly, fast service; nice menu choices; tasty food attractively presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.