3100 N Washington Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lyonhallarlington.com/
- Phone: (703) 741-7636
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 1130AM-3PM
Sunday - Thursday: 5PM-10PM Friday & Saturday: 5PM-11PM
Saturday & Sunday: 9:30AM-3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, German, French
- Executive Chef: Liam LaCivita/Andy Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lyon Hall
Lyon Hall is a modern bistro serving approachable Alsatian-inspired fare, including an extensive selection of house-made charcuterie and sausages. The menu changes with the season to highlight fresh produce from local farms, as do the pastries, desserts and fresh bread.The affordable wine list focuses on French selections, while the impressive beer list offers an extensive selection of European drafts and bottles. Located in an historic art deco building in the heart of downtown Clarendon, Lyon Hall is a vibrant neighborhood spot with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. Perfect for an elegant dinner in the stylish dining room, frankfurters and beer flights with friends at the lively bar, or enjoying a warm evening on the patio with a bottle of wine and selections from the dynamic cheese menu. The private room located in our mezzanine level offers a great spot for small to medium size groups enjoying a private meal or cocktail reception.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Lyon Hall - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Lyon Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (152)fit for foodies (138)great for outdoor dining (110)vibrant bar scene (95)great for brunch (78)hot spot (68)great for lunch (60)good for groups (54)special occasion (52)notable wine list (45)romantic (38)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (17)scenic view (3)Show More
- Don't Get the FishJessieDined on 11/16/2014All the food was very good at this restaurant. But, if you are a fish lover like me I would not recommend getting the cooked fish dishes. I love fish because it is always light. The fish at Lyon Hall was heavy and dripping with butter which I should have expected given that it is a french restaurant. That being said I will return and partake in their meat dishes (steak and burger).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre experienceamateurfoodieVIPDined on 11/16/2014We had a reservation for brunch but were seated 15 minutes late. The wait for our food was extremely long, especially related to the short wait times for those around us. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since it didn't even seem to be a systemic problem but not a pleasant experience. The waitress also seemed pretty indifferent the entire time and paid little attention to our table. She didn't seem to notice or care about how long we were waiting for our food. The french toast was average, the burger was good, the fries were very good, the bread was good, and the asparagus poached eggs were good. I would probably go back because I've generally heard good things but this was a weak first impression.
- Meh brunchJulieDined on 11/16/2014The brunch food is good (better at dinner, though), but the overall experience was just OK. Here's what brough it down. We had a reservation, but had to wait 10 minutes past our reservation time for a table - it happens, but the staff didn't offer a simple "sorry," which was annoying. They don't have coffee refills at all (something I don't think I've EVER seen at a sit-down brunch place) - the only option is French Press or specialty coffees. Come on, brew some drip coffee. The doughnuts were just so-so - they serve them with different glazes, and the glazes were delicious, but the doughnuts themselves weren't all that good or fresh-tasting. The food itself was good, but I got the quiche and had two qualms - first, it came with a side salad, and while the greens were fresh and very good, there was NO dressing at all. Second, the quiche was really tasty, but there was more crust than filling. In short, we do enjoy this place for dinner (great sausages, mussels, and fries), but I don't think we'll go back for brunch.
- Great for Sunday brunchCaptSteveDined on 11/16/2014Went for Sunday brunch and had a great time. Food and service were terrific. Lyon hall is pretty noisy in the evening with the bar going strong but on Sunday it was great for conversation. Mark, the owner stopped by for a chat and told us about other stuff he's got going on in the neighborhood. All-all a great time. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Bistro Food and DrinkDuckSoup11VIPDined on 11/14/2014We had a great lunch on this visit. The swordfish special was excellent, the steak/frites was a beautiful piece of meat cooked rare just as we like it; but the surprise this time was the charcuterie selection for 2 which we had not tried before - especially the pork rillettes and the outstanding citrus-laced relish with it. There is ample wine selection by the glass; service was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemArlingtoneDined on 11/8/2014We were seated upstairs, probably because we had a baby with us, it was quieter than downstairs, which was nice. We shared chaurcuetterie, the chicken livers were unexpectedly delicious. Everyone was very pleased with their meal. The cocktails are great too. We are lucky to have this restaurant in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- Happy with happy hourLWinDCVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great happy hour deals -- a few of their stellar beer list for $5. The pretzel thing is terrific -- a big soft pretzel (almost a loaf of pretzel) with dipping sides. Good deals on mussels. Happy hour only in the bar area, so you need to get there early and be prepared for crowds and noise.Special Features:
- Such a Treat!valvo410Dined on 11/6/2014I rarely get to go to Lyon Hall because it is a tad pricey, but every time I do, it is a real treat! The food is very fresh. Even the house wines are divine!!! The service is always good. We were seated a little after our reservation time, but it was because there was an event taking place. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. I would not recommend for children.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and atmosphereRobRVIPDined on 11/1/2014Lyon Hall consistently delivers on a great night out with excellent food, a great beer selection, and high energy. The tuna tartare app is amazing, cheese plates always excellent, and the steak frites are always top notch. Great place to hang out and eat on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- A nice spot in ClarendonShahmonsterDined on 10/31/2014This is a a deliberately low key yet atmospheric spot in Clarendon, with a nice bar and busy, packed tables. The mussels pot steamed with celery and bits of andouille sausage was extremely good, as were the sourdough olive bread & pomme frites . The lobster/pasta appetizer was underwhelming though. In all pretty good, not exceptional - which why I would specifically say it is somewhat overpriced for the food/experience combo you actually get.Special Features:
- Forgotten brunchDCfoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2014I recommended and invited two of my friends for brunch. I've been to the restaurant for dinner and the service and food had always been great. This past weekend the service was terrible, I had the feeling we were constantly forgotten. It took more that 30 min to get my friend his coffee and same with my tea. The tea was steeped too long and the water was already luke warm. I'm a big tea drinker and both things were just not right. It seemed that it was "forgotten" about. I had the French toast brioche which was decent. It was missing the cinnamon and the moistness, it was pretty dry that the maple syrup helped moisten it. My friend ordered the omlet which he thought was good and my other friend the steak & egg, which he enjoyed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but too much saltOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food was fine but my fries arrived literally caked in salt. They were inedible and should have been taken off my bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LemonyPersnicketVIPDined on 10/17/2014I really want to love Lyon Hall but I have only ever had one meal that I thought was spectacular and that was the duck I had this time. May be the only place willing to cook duck to a true medium and not overcook it until it's dry. That said the appetizers were less than impressive and it was crowded as always. Still, there's a good chance I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFunFoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014I don't venture to Virginia very often but this place was a find. The food was amazing, lots of variety and very well-prepared. The waitstaff was okay -- they started off great but ended just okay. Very busy place and worth a visit. I'd come back.Special Features:
- casual BelgianOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2014Next time I'll try the mussels or raw oysters, which seem to be featured here. Craft beers on tap are excellent. Pork schnitzel was light tasting and done with panko.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeglegDined on 10/10/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Arlington hands down. Awesome food awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and funOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014This was our first visit to Lyon Hall but we enjoyed it very much. The appetizers are especially delicious. They have a nice wine and beer list. Our group enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchnovadinerDined on 10/5/2014I highly recommend the brunch as it really outshines their dinner menu. Great for any group, family, couple or individual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!wino1107Dined on 10/5/2014I LOVE Lyon Hall! They have awesome food, great drink selection, and great service too. I always have a hard time straying from the mussels vin blanc because they are SO good (tip: get them with pommes frites), but I've honestly never had a dish there that wasn't fantastic. It's definitely a great date spot, and good for special occasions, but it's also casual enough for just a night out with friends. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Energetic and TastyKevinSDined on 10/4/2014Lyon Hall on a Saturday night was bustling, as one would expect, but the energetic atmosphere complemented the energetic toddler at our table. It was not over the top, however--we could all still hear each other. The food was tasty and was prepared creatively, but still accessible (not overly "gourmet"). Several filet mignon entrees were ordered, as well as pork schnitzel, the trout, and a burger. The only less than positive comment was about the pork schnitzel (no real details given), but otherwise everyone was satisfied. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceMikeDined on 10/4/2014I went here with my parents and fiance last Saturday. We had a great dinner. From the wine, to the pate, to the leg of lamb and sausage, to the complementary lobster mac and cheese. It was all first rate. Above all, the service was excellent and we will definitely be going back again!Special Features:
- Very Good41142hltVIPDined on 10/3/2014Lyon Hall is very, very good. In age when neighborhood restaurants keep popping up and when AVERAGE is the new norm, Lyon Hall is well above average in all areas. Very good service, very good food, excellent wine list, and a nice place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outBostonGirlDined on 9/27/2014We took my parents who were visiting from out of town to Lyon Hall. It was a very festive and fun meal - we had a drink at the bar first - the food was delicious and the overall vibe was a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- One of our favorites!OspainDined on 9/27/2014As always, we had a great time at Lyon Hall. I love the atmosphere and the vibe. The menu is fantastic and one of the best set of decent kids options in the area. We were able to have the dog sit with us at the outside table - perfect family dining!Special Features:
- Decent brunch, service needs workdcfoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Sunday brunch was poorly staffed; did not get a server for a table of 7 for at least 15 minutes after sitting down. Once we did get a server, drink and food came out quickly, however refills were hard to come by and even though we were asked twice if we needed anything else, a diner at our table never received what she asked for. Main positive was that we were comped our coffee and other beverages for the long wait. Also, food was decent - group enjoyed their burgers and omelets. Vegetarians and vegans don't have a lot of options here. I had the market salad which was fairly lacking in ingredients, so think some improvements can be made there. Fruit plate was a good portion, but lacked seasonal fruit (just pinepple and melons, no berries).
- Delicious!SouthernfoodieDined on 9/26/2014What a delicious discovery Lyon Hall was for us. We shared the rillete and the pate and both had the steak frite. Although the charcuterie was very good, it was the steak/frite that won our accolades. The beef was tender and perfectly cooked, the fries cooked twice (the correct way to cook fries), hand cut and never frozen and the salad with a lite vinaigret was perfect. We loved it so much, we went back the next day for lunch. Once again, they delivered the best burger ever.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/25/2014Summed up in one word: disappointing. I arrived early for my reservation and in spite of the empty restaurant, I was told I couldn't be seated until my guest arrived. But I could go try to find a spot in the incredibly crowded bar. Once we were finally seated, the tables are so close together that servers kept bumping our glasses and plates. And bumping us with dirty dishes. The food was simply "meh." The music was unnecessarily loud. I don't need to return for a second try.
- Worth a visitMichael818VIPDined on 9/25/2014Visited for lunch with a few friends. Food was great, loves the pork schnitzel sandwich. Beer selection is great. Service a bit dispirited, maybe because it was after lunch rush. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Totally ignoredghostDined on 9/24/2014There were two parties next to us who both got visits from the chef which fine, maybe they knew the chef. However, our waiter could not care less about us, we felt barely visible.Special Features:
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014service is always great, food is always good, and the drink list is on point. This place always puts me at ease. The decor is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific place for Sunday brunchjc6202VIPDined on 9/21/2014I met with two friends for brunch and we had a delicious meal. I had the French Toast which is superb, one of my companions had the salmon and eggs and the other had Breakfast Bohemian with that delicious sauerkraut. We started out with donuts - leave room - these are FULL SIZE donuts! Very delicious all around and lovely service. We'll be back again in the future.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood experienceSweetMADined on 9/18/2014We ate here on a Thursday evening - very busy on the sidewalk. Loved that they had valet parking. Food was great, especially the warm pretzel.Special Features:
- Good but could have been betterskrooksDined on 9/14/2014At 10 a.m. there were 2-3 other diners there. Our party of 6 was taken to a table right next to the kitchen and bread service area. This was a mistake by the hostess for putting us there in an empty restaurant and by us for accepting it. The noise from the kitchen and the 'ambiance' music was already too loud and it was too late to move the group. Our brunch was spoiled by hacking coughs, workers barking to each other, and the din of the kitchen area. On the bright side, the food was quite good. The poached eggs are excellent and the fresh breads at Lyon Hall are among the best we have eaten anywhere. If the hostess had seated us in a decent location in the empty restaurant, I would definitely be giving our experience four stars.Special Features:
- Shrimp cockatil, but nothing elseLove2Eat27VIPDined on 9/13/2014We used to love Lyon Hall. They have the best shrimp cocktail around. However, we doubt we'll be returning for anything else. We've seen prices increase, portions decrease and the seasoning disappear. The mussels were small and underseasoned. My side of squash was tasteless and slimy. Our lamb came out cold and had no flavor. We sent it back and it returned looking completely different. Our waitress told us that it "worked out" that we needed to send it back because the kitchen had forgotten to plate it correctly the first time. No apology. Our waitress was rude and bossy. She refused to place our appetizer order when we asked because it would "mess things up." She insisted on taking away our bread when we asked to keep it.
- Tasty tidbitsBruncherDined on 9/13/2014Two of us shared the Bavarian Pretzel (huge and the fondue it includes is luscious), smoked salmon (among the best we ever had), wild board (fantastic), roasted olives (excellent), half plate of sausage samples (port belly was succulent and the sauerkraut tart), and almond rhubarb cake (not sweet and the perfect end to a great meal).Special Features:
- Disappointed on last visitMohickeytxVIPDined on 9/7/2014Disappointed out of Pork Schnitzel, and messed up our friend's order of mussels. The craziest part was - the manager walked by and asked us how everything was. We explained our disappointment about these 2 issues we had - she just smiled and said okay -kept walking! No "hey,your mussels are on us - sorry about that" which would have been the correct action for a manager to take!Special Features:
- great brunchWillsommDined on 9/7/2014We had brunch out on the patio and everything was fantastic. The patio is super dog friendly and buzzing with activity. Mauricio was our server and made sure we had everything we needed before we even asked. The housemade donuts were awesome and everyone's entrees came out perfect. Totally recommend for the arlington brunch scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacePreferPilsDined on 9/6/2014Really like the German beer on tap, food excellent and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic, ExcitingHunterbridgeDined on 9/2/2014Lyon Hall is conveniently located in Arlington's Clarendon neighborhood - one block from the Metro. The dinner entrees are great. I had the fish entrée which was a delightful combination of trout and an assortment of veggies. The service was great. From an environment perspective, I am NOT a fan of "row-house" seating were there is one continuous bench seat on one side with tables one after the other. I felt cramped. So, while I like the food, I did not enjoy the cramped tables lines one after the other.Special Features:
- Very good but noisy.lementreeDined on 8/31/2014Food was very good, especially scallops and swordfish. Service was lax - I think our waiter was responsible for the whole upstairs (which was full) so we had to ask a couple of times for bread, another drink, etc. We are in our 50's and early 60's and it was too noisy for us. Too much ambient noise. But we all agreed we'd go back to try other things on the menu and the many beer offerings. Great happy hour every day 5-7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.