3100 N Washington Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lyonhallarlington.com/
- Phone: 7037417636x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 1130AM-3PM
Sunday - Thursday: 5PM-10PM Friday & Saturday: 5PM-11PM
Saturday & Sunday: 9:30AM-3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, German, French
- Executive Chef: Liam LaCivita/Andy Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lyon Hall
Lyon Hall is a modern bistro serving approachable Alsatian-inspired fare, including an extensive selection of house-made charcuterie and sausages. The menu changes with the season to highlight fresh produce from local farms, as do the pastries, desserts and fresh bread.The affordable wine list focuses on French selections, while the impressive beer list offers an extensive selection of European drafts and bottles. Located in an historic art deco building in the heart of downtown Clarendon, Lyon Hall is a vibrant neighborhood spot with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. Perfect for an elegant dinner in the stylish dining room, frankfurters and beer flights with friends at the lively bar, or enjoying a warm evening on the patio with a bottle of wine and selections from the dynamic cheese menu. The private room located in our mezzanine level offers a great spot for small to medium size groups enjoying a private meal or cocktail reception.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Lyon Hall - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Lyon Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (157)fit for foodies (135)great for outdoor dining (135)vibrant bar scene (91)great for brunch (85)great for lunch (65)hot spot (64)good for groups (58)special occasion (57)notable wine list (44)romantic (39)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (20)scenic view (4)Show More
- Food was good but too much saltOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food was fine but my fries arrived literally caked in salt. They were inedible and should have been taken off my bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LemonyPersnicketVIPDined on 10/17/2014I really want to love Lyon Hall but I have only ever had one meal that I thought was spectacular and that was the duck I had this time. May be the only place willing to cook duck to a true medium and not overcook it until it's dry. That said the appetizers were less than impressive and it was crowded as always. Still, there's a good chance I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFunFoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014I don't venture to Virginia very often but this place was a find. The food was amazing, lots of variety and very well-prepared. The waitstaff was okay -- they started off great but ended just okay. Very busy place and worth a visit. I'd come back.Special Features:
- casual BelgianOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2014Next time I'll try the mussels or raw oysters, which seem to be featured here. Craft beers on tap are excellent. Pork schnitzel was light tasting and done with panko.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeglegDined on 10/10/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Arlington hands down. Awesome food awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and funOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014This was our first visit to Lyon Hall but we enjoyed it very much. The appetizers are especially delicious. They have a nice wine and beer list. Our group enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchnovadinerDined on 10/5/2014I highly recommend the brunch as it really outshines their dinner menu. Great for any group, family, couple or individual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!wino1107Dined on 10/5/2014I LOVE Lyon Hall! They have awesome food, great drink selection, and great service too. I always have a hard time straying from the mussels vin blanc because they are SO good (tip: get them with pommes frites), but I've honestly never had a dish there that wasn't fantastic. It's definitely a great date spot, and good for special occasions, but it's also casual enough for just a night out with friends. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Energetic and TastyKevinSDined on 10/4/2014Lyon Hall on a Saturday night was bustling, as one would expect, but the energetic atmosphere complemented the energetic toddler at our table. It was not over the top, however--we could all still hear each other. The food was tasty and was prepared creatively, but still accessible (not overly "gourmet"). Several filet mignon entrees were ordered, as well as pork schnitzel, the trout, and a burger. The only less than positive comment was about the pork schnitzel (no real details given), but otherwise everyone was satisfied. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceMikeDined on 10/4/2014I went here with my parents and fiance last Saturday. We had a great dinner. From the wine, to the pate, to the leg of lamb and sausage, to the complementary lobster mac and cheese. It was all first rate. Above all, the service was excellent and we will definitely be going back again!Special Features:
- Very Good41142hltVIPDined on 10/3/2014Lyon Hall is very, very good. In age when neighborhood restaurants keep popping up and when AVERAGE is the new norm, Lyon Hall is well above average in all areas. Very good service, very good food, excellent wine list, and a nice place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outBostonGirlDined on 9/27/2014We took my parents who were visiting from out of town to Lyon Hall. It was a very festive and fun meal - we had a drink at the bar first - the food was delicious and the overall vibe was a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- One of our favorites!OspainDined on 9/27/2014As always, we had a great time at Lyon Hall. I love the atmosphere and the vibe. The menu is fantastic and one of the best set of decent kids options in the area. We were able to have the dog sit with us at the outside table - perfect family dining!Special Features:
- Decent brunch, service needs workdcfoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Sunday brunch was poorly staffed; did not get a server for a table of 7 for at least 15 minutes after sitting down. Once we did get a server, drink and food came out quickly, however refills were hard to come by and even though we were asked twice if we needed anything else, a diner at our table never received what she asked for. Main positive was that we were comped our coffee and other beverages for the long wait. Also, food was decent - group enjoyed their burgers and omelets. Vegetarians and vegans don't have a lot of options here. I had the market salad which was fairly lacking in ingredients, so think some improvements can be made there. Fruit plate was a good portion, but lacked seasonal fruit (just pinepple and melons, no berries).
- Delicious!SouthernfoodieDined on 9/26/2014What a delicious discovery Lyon Hall was for us. We shared the rillete and the pate and both had the steak frite. Although the charcuterie was very good, it was the steak/frite that won our accolades. The beef was tender and perfectly cooked, the fries cooked twice (the correct way to cook fries), hand cut and never frozen and the salad with a lite vinaigret was perfect. We loved it so much, we went back the next day for lunch. Once again, they delivered the best burger ever.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/25/2014Summed up in one word: disappointing. I arrived early for my reservation and in spite of the empty restaurant, I was told I couldn't be seated until my guest arrived. But I could go try to find a spot in the incredibly crowded bar. Once we were finally seated, the tables are so close together that servers kept bumping our glasses and plates. And bumping us with dirty dishes. The food was simply "meh." The music was unnecessarily loud. I don't need to return for a second try.
- Worth a visitMichael818VIPDined on 9/25/2014Visited for lunch with a few friends. Food was great, loves the pork schnitzel sandwich. Beer selection is great. Service a bit dispirited, maybe because it was after lunch rush. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Totally ignoredghostDined on 9/24/2014There were two parties next to us who both got visits from the chef which fine, maybe they knew the chef. However, our waiter could not care less about us, we felt barely visible.Special Features:
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014service is always great, food is always good, and the drink list is on point. This place always puts me at ease. The decor is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific place for Sunday brunchjc6202VIPDined on 9/21/2014I met with two friends for brunch and we had a delicious meal. I had the French Toast which is superb, one of my companions had the salmon and eggs and the other had Breakfast Bohemian with that delicious sauerkraut. We started out with donuts - leave room - these are FULL SIZE donuts! Very delicious all around and lovely service. We'll be back again in the future.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood experienceSweetMADined on 9/18/2014We ate here on a Thursday evening - very busy on the sidewalk. Loved that they had valet parking. Food was great, especially the warm pretzel.Special Features:
- Good but could have been betterskrooksDined on 9/14/2014At 10 a.m. there were 2-3 other diners there. Our party of 6 was taken to a table right next to the kitchen and bread service area. This was a mistake by the hostess for putting us there in an empty restaurant and by us for accepting it. The noise from the kitchen and the 'ambiance' music was already too loud and it was too late to move the group. Our brunch was spoiled by hacking coughs, workers barking to each other, and the din of the kitchen area. On the bright side, the food was quite good. The poached eggs are excellent and the fresh breads at Lyon Hall are among the best we have eaten anywhere. If the hostess had seated us in a decent location in the empty restaurant, I would definitely be giving our experience four stars.Special Features:
- Shrimp cockatil, but nothing elseLove2Eat27VIPDined on 9/13/2014We used to love Lyon Hall. They have the best shrimp cocktail around. However, we doubt we'll be returning for anything else. We've seen prices increase, portions decrease and the seasoning disappear. The mussels were small and underseasoned. My side of squash was tasteless and slimy. Our lamb came out cold and had no flavor. We sent it back and it returned looking completely different. Our waitress told us that it "worked out" that we needed to send it back because the kitchen had forgotten to plate it correctly the first time. No apology. Our waitress was rude and bossy. She refused to place our appetizer order when we asked because it would "mess things up." She insisted on taking away our bread when we asked to keep it.
- Tasty tidbitsBruncherDined on 9/13/2014Two of us shared the Bavarian Pretzel (huge and the fondue it includes is luscious), smoked salmon (among the best we ever had), wild board (fantastic), roasted olives (excellent), half plate of sausage samples (port belly was succulent and the sauerkraut tart), and almond rhubarb cake (not sweet and the perfect end to a great meal).Special Features:
- Disappointed on last visitMohickeytxVIPDined on 9/7/2014Disappointed out of Pork Schnitzel, and messed up our friend's order of mussels. The craziest part was - the manager walked by and asked us how everything was. We explained our disappointment about these 2 issues we had - she just smiled and said okay -kept walking! No "hey,your mussels are on us - sorry about that" which would have been the correct action for a manager to take!Special Features:
- great brunchWillsommDined on 9/7/2014We had brunch out on the patio and everything was fantastic. The patio is super dog friendly and buzzing with activity. Mauricio was our server and made sure we had everything we needed before we even asked. The housemade donuts were awesome and everyone's entrees came out perfect. Totally recommend for the arlington brunch scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacePreferPilsDined on 9/6/2014Really like the German beer on tap, food excellent and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic, ExcitingHunterbridgeDined on 9/2/2014Lyon Hall is conveniently located in Arlington's Clarendon neighborhood - one block from the Metro. The dinner entrees are great. I had the fish entrée which was a delightful combination of trout and an assortment of veggies. The service was great. From an environment perspective, I am NOT a fan of "row-house" seating were there is one continuous bench seat on one side with tables one after the other. I felt cramped. So, while I like the food, I did not enjoy the cramped tables lines one after the other.Special Features:
- Very good but noisy.lementreeDined on 8/31/2014Food was very good, especially scallops and swordfish. Service was lax - I think our waiter was responsible for the whole upstairs (which was full) so we had to ask a couple of times for bread, another drink, etc. We are in our 50's and early 60's and it was too noisy for us. Too much ambient noise. But we all agreed we'd go back to try other things on the menu and the many beer offerings. Great happy hour every day 5-7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMattDined on 8/31/2014Delicious from the donuts to the main course. And the service was spectacular! Great bloody Mary's as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon wrapped swordfishtechyentaVIPDined on 8/29/2014The bacon wapped swordfish was a treat. Done to perfection with bokchoy and mushrooms. Service was excellent. The bar made my wife happy with a great dirty martini.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining!dmcpfoodieDined on 8/28/2014The food is eclectic but very good. Nice charcuterie and cheese plate options. Pretzel is wonderful!Special Features:
- AlexBVIPDined on 8/26/2014I'm not so sure I'd say the restaurant focuses on French food, but the food is good nonetheless. We had the pretzel, which came with some great dips. Followed by the mussels, which were so-so (and not served with bread until we asked for it, probably should have had it brought out with the pretzel). We ended with the sausage platter and pomme puree, both of which were good. Our waiter was great, answering questions and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food As Always...Bad ServiceMikeVIPDined on 8/25/2014Our server was completely inattentive. We had to flag him down for everything that you would normally expect to be done on his own initiative. He spent too much time chatting up the hostess.
- CuttingboardDined on 8/24/2014Food was very good, Bloody Mary very salty, and service extremely slow.Special Features:
- Great food, kinda loudBigPaulDined on 8/23/2014The food and service here are consistently outstanding, but it was so loud in there that we couldn't hear each other talk. Whoever picks the music they play must love the Strokes - it seemed like every 3rd song was the Strokes....some music variety and lower volume would be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner outBBJJVIPDined on 8/20/2014We took advantage of the Restaurant Week special and enjoy it! A great evening meal. Will be back soon!!!Special Features:
- Food great, service fairwillramsDined on 8/19/2014No complaints on the food. Our server was necessarily abrasive - insisted in a particularly rude manner that we order all three items on the prix fixe menu at the same time. She may have been having a bad evening, but that is no excuse for poor customer service.Special Features:
- Two thirds excellent; one third badUnenthusedDined on 8/19/2014The service was excellent, up to a point, the surroundings were relaxed and the environment was inviting. The food however, changed some of our perceptions. The French Onion soup was really terrific, and also the best part of our meal. Bread and butter was very tasty and so was my wife's entree, which I believe was a variety of sausages and meats. The lamb though was another story. Almost raw to the point that you could not chew it, and a couple parts were so stringy that you could not cut it with the knife. Rest of the entree was good, but at that point, water tasted excellent. As a courtesy we let the server know about the experience, but I think he brushed it off by just saying "oh so sorry", would you like desert?Special Features:
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014August 17th Sunday brunch was very crowded, but the service was good and our reservation was ready when we arrived. There was a selection of the usual brunch items, and our order was nicely prepared and presented. We recommend Lyon Hall for locals.Special Features: