3100 N Washington Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lyonhallarlington.com/
- Phone: 7037417636x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 1130AM-3PM
Sunday - Thursday: 5PM-10PM Friday & Saturday: 5PM-11PM
Saturday & Sunday: 9:30AM-3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, German, French
- Executive Chef: Liam LaCivita/Andy Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lyon Hall
Lyon Hall is a modern bistro serving approachable Alsatian-inspired fare, including an extensive selection of house-made charcuterie and sausages. The menu changes with the season to highlight fresh produce from local farms, as do the pastries, desserts and fresh bread.The affordable wine list focuses on French selections, while the impressive beer list offers an extensive selection of European drafts and bottles. Located in an historic art deco building in the heart of downtown Clarendon, Lyon Hall is a vibrant neighborhood spot with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. Perfect for an elegant dinner in the stylish dining room, frankfurters and beer flights with friends at the lively bar, or enjoying a warm evening on the patio with a bottle of wine and selections from the dynamic cheese menu. The private room located in our mezzanine level offers a great spot for small to medium size groups enjoying a private meal or cocktail reception.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lyon Hall - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Lyon Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (150)great for outdoor dining (149)fit for foodies (133)great for brunch (103)vibrant bar scene (86)good for groups (67)great for lunch (64)special occasion (62)hot spot (55)notable wine list (47)romantic (33)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (21)scenic view (7)Show More
- AlexBVIPDined on 8/26/2014I'm not so sure I'd say the restaurant focuses on French food, but the food is good nonetheless. We had the pretzel, which came with some great dips. Followed by the mussels, which were so-so (and not served with bread until we asked for it, probably should have had it brought out with the pretzel). We ended with the sausage platter and pomme puree, both of which were good. Our waiter was great, answering questions and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food As Always...Bad ServiceMikeVIPDined on 8/25/2014Our server was completely inattentive. We had to flag him down for everything that you would normally expect to be done on his own initiative. He spent too much time chatting up the hostess.
- Great food, kinda loudBigPaulDined on 8/23/2014The food and service here are consistently outstanding, but it was so loud in there that we couldn't hear each other talk. Whoever picks the music they play must love the Strokes - it seemed like every 3rd song was the Strokes....some music variety and lower volume would be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner outBBJJVIPDined on 8/20/2014We took advantage of the Restaurant Week special and enjoy it! A great evening meal. Will be back soon!!!Special Features:
- Food great, service fairwillramsDined on 8/19/2014No complaints on the food. Our server was necessarily abrasive - insisted in a particularly rude manner that we order all three items on the prix fixe menu at the same time. She may have been having a bad evening, but that is no excuse for poor customer service.Special Features:
- Two thirds excellent; one third badUnenthusedDined on 8/19/2014The service was excellent, up to a point, the surroundings were relaxed and the environment was inviting. The food however, changed some of our perceptions. The French Onion soup was really terrific, and also the best part of our meal. Bread and butter was very tasty and so was my wife's entree, which I believe was a variety of sausages and meats. The lamb though was another story. Almost raw to the point that you could not chew it, and a couple parts were so stringy that you could not cut it with the knife. Rest of the entree was good, but at that point, water tasted excellent. As a courtesy we let the server know about the experience, but I think he brushed it off by just saying "oh so sorry", would you like desert?Special Features:
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2014August 17th Sunday brunch was very crowded, but the service was good and our reservation was ready when we arrived. There was a selection of the usual brunch items, and our order was nicely prepared and presented. We recommend Lyon Hall for locals.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week BrunchPutzeeDined on 8/17/2014First time guests, enjoyed dining inside (rather humid outside) and selected 3-course restaurant week option - all of which were very good. Service was just okay, however - quite busy, but I found it odd that no one - and I mean no one - inquired as to whether everything was to our satisfaction . . . had to ask for coffee/iced tea refills, which were a little slow in coming. No one was slacking, but perhaps they were a little overwhelmed? Not terribly busy when we arrived, but packed before we left. Glad we went, however, as food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable standard brunch spotal337Dined on 8/17/2014I came here with a friend to try out their brunch menu. The atmosphere is trendy-casual, and they have a nice shaded outdoor area perfect for brunching on a sunny day. The food is good, but fairly standard brunch fare. I tried the eggs benedict with smoked salmon and Texas toast, which was very well made. I think their drinks menu is probably a better reason to come here - they seem to offer an extensive beer, wine, and cocktail selection, although for brunch I stuck with a regular mimosa. I noticed no refills on mimosas were offered. I will have to check out this place again in the evening for their drinks menu.Special Features:
- Enjoyed itmelvisfDined on 8/17/2014Everyone in our group enjoyed the food, including our toddler. Get an outdoor table with an umbrella if you can!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekflowjanaDined on 8/16/2014Love when restaurants embrace restaurant week and allow their whole menu to be used. Had a great meal with a friend, beautiful day to sit outside. Food was great, service was good, but busy. Overall would come again for food and bar scene. Sit outside for less noiseSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Experience!!RayyDined on 8/16/2014Dined here for brunch during restaurant week, a great deal since Lyon Hall let customers choose from the complete menu. Our party sat outside, and service was wonderful. The presentation and quality of food was top notch. I'll definitely be going back to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleaserSpunkyasianDined on 8/15/2014Delicious food and great service. It is a little loud at night; however, it's not unbearable. The food and drinks are excellent. Never disapponting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosslyn residentGordonVIPDined on 8/15/2014As a fan of the Liberty Tavern and having read an open table review, we decided to try Lyon Hall for lunch. Bad from the start. The hostess was rude and surely. Service was slow. The food, when it finally arrived, was barely edible. We are going back to the Liberty Tavern, where all things are good.
- Wonderful Experience, great foodSaintDined on 8/14/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience - good food, great service, nice ambience. Was a pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuluVIPDined on 8/13/2014Very good food and ambience. The only down side to the dining experience is the parking. Rode around for 20 minutes trying to find garage or street parking. Finally found something several blocks away and the hostess was very gracious to honor our reservation. I will return but it probably will be for brunch rather than dinner.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My boyfriend and I decided to make a reservation for restaurant week-- who knew you got to choose anything off the menu for the $35.14!? I got the french onion soup, bacon wrapped swordfish and the pot de creme. I'm still full! My boyfriend ordered the tuna tar tar (very good) the steak for a slight upcharge and the twinkies. He wasn't very impressed with the dessert but overall the food was amazing, our server seemed busy with a lot of tables but she was very friendly and gave us the appropriate amount of attention. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Better than expectedRaspberryberetDined on 8/12/2014Really enjoyed our evening here. Good food - a little pricey - and nice place. Quite loud some of the time, and I hate when they seat five at a table where one person is stuck off the end. I also hate when they won't seat you because your whole party isn't there even though they're just parking, and you have to hang around the entrance getting in everyone's way. But overall a return visit will probably happen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- magnifiquefamilyVIPDined on 8/11/2014perfect from beginning to end. amazing fresh choices, house made sausage beyond anything I've ever had, cheese board not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014food and service were fantastic, the menu offerings were unique. The one small issue we had was that we had a handicapped person in our party, and access to the restrooms would have been very difficult for them. Even with the elevator to the basement level, you would have to go through a long hall through the kitchen to get there.Special Features:
- ExcellentPamelaDined on 8/8/2014The service was just great, the food was excellent......we had a great time. And it is in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Great local spot with outdoor seating. Gets a little loud. Staff very helpful and informative but they were unstaffed last time I was there so service was delayed. Great high quality food reasonably priced but very small menu, check it out before you commit. Great spot for drinks and a small plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stands out in neighborhoodtjkinmdDined on 8/5/2014Lyon Hall has an atypical menu in this neighborhood. Great beers on tap too. I tried the schnitzel and the pasta bolognese and some of the fries. All were really delicious. The bread, if the bake it there, is amazing – crisp crust and moist crumb. The service was amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, okay serviceIheartbrunchDined on 8/3/2014I went to Lyon Hall for the first time for brunch. the menu had a nice variety without being too overwhelming with choices. We chose to sit inside since it was quite hot out, though the patio seating looked lovely. The food was delicious and the portions generous. My only concern was that the service was quite slow. We were greeted right away, but it took about 15 minutes to be served the coffee and tea we ordered when seated. The food came out in a timely fashion, but there were long stretches between check-ins from our server and before we were offered our check. I appreciate not being rushed, especially at a busy brunch spot, but the slow service made the meal drag. The food is worth another visit, as long as you aren't in any hurry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch/Lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014Love this place for meeting family for Brunch every other month. The food is great, the cocktails are good, and the coffee is amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Food was amazing! I really enjoyed my experience however the service was subpar. The busboy was more attentive to our table then our waitress was. This was likely just the specific waitress not being able to handle her tables that night so I would def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of minePh39nDined on 7/31/2014A small but interesting menu, good wine and beer selections, and excellent service! That's why it's a favorite of mine...Special Features:
- Excellent musselshappyeaterVIPDined on 7/31/2014enjoy some of the best mussels around. They come in 4 different varieties and I especially like the pho lyon.Special Features:
- Another terrrfic expwerienceJHackettVIPDined on 7/27/2014Our return trip to Lyon Hall was as impressive as our first. Their cheese and charcuterie selection was great, as was every entree our party of four ordered. Especially appreciated was the wine list, which has some well chosen, less-known wineries that won't break the budget. It appears that all of our future trips to D.C. will include a reservation at Lyon Hall.Special Features:
- overextended?bagelmavenVIPDined on 7/26/2014I had a mostly great experience at Lyon Hall - until the service just stopped. my food and cocktail were wonderful, but server nowhere to be found. the restaurant didn't appear to be too busy. there was an issue with the table behind me getting the wrong food (what i'd ordered, actually), which was uncomfortable, as the server seemed unable to solve the problem. finally, I had to go find the server and I gave her my credit card to pay. when she dropped it off for me to sign, she said nothing - not thank you, not sorry you had to come find me, nothing. it was uncool.Special Features:
- Lyon rules over the Hall VenueDroktheworldDined on 7/25/2014Lyon Hall was an excellent scene for me to take my wife and a few friends out for her Bday dinner. From the stellar service, to the excellent happy hour the Hall provided everything needed to have a great time! The food was spot on and the recommendations our server provided instilled enough confidence in my wife to allow the server to choose her bday dinner (and the server didn'teven pick the most expensive thing on the menu!) I'd highly recommend Lyon Hall for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Clarendon spotEasy2pleaseDined on 7/25/2014Lyon Hall is a great spot for an upbeat place to enjoy dinner, or to start out your night. It's not a quiet, romantic place, but if you want a place for dinner with someone special, Lyon Hall is a great choice. There is energy, lively conversation, outdoor dining, and great views of the city even from inside. Food is very good, the red wines the waiter offerd with my filet were a little disappointing, but the attention by the wait staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual Clarendon restaurant!psynthiaDined on 7/25/2014Refreshing to go someplace where you can have the sidewalk dining and friendly service of many other surrounding eateries, but also enjoy special touches that make the food more interesting! Heirloom tomato salad with house-made cheese, thinly-sliced prosciutto and balsamic was so delicious we ordered another one. And the consideration to gluten-free preparation was much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Clarendon FavoriteArlingtonGrannyDined on 7/24/2014Lyon Hall has a constantly varying and always interesting menu, and I've yet to have a bad meal there. They have, alas, stopped serving the arctic char, which was my favorite, but their policy of changing the menu keeps the restaurant fresh and forces me to try new things. My main complaint is that it tends to be noisy, which we avoided this time by sitting outside on a beautiful evening. We had a great time!Special Features:
- nothing specialNotSoPickyPalateDined on 7/20/2014Great location w/ busy brunch vibe, including outdoor dining... but food and table service could use more attention. Twists on eggs benedict r not so memorable on taste and while donuts were just right on texture and melt in your mouth quality, couldn't tell one flavor from the next, really. Constant passing of dish cart on bumpy concrete, ok service, and costly coffee refills, make this a better meet up spot than "must-have" meal.Special Features:
- DineandwineDineandwineDined on 7/19/2014Alsatian influenced food in an American Art Deco atmosphere. The three hot dog appetiser was unique and highly flavourful. My escargot dish was as good as I have ever experienced. I opted for the Charcuterie combo which is house made and outstandingly flavourful.mthis place has it all masterful drinks, great beer and wine selection, energetic atmosphere and fantastic food. I have previously visited during very cold days in the winter when the atmosphere was more sedate and homely, during a beautiful summer day the place is hopping with activity and yet the staff makes you feel like you are the only customer in the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the musselsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014My wife said that the mussels viet style were a religious experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is meh.DawnVIPDined on 7/14/2014Very interesting and fun menu, but food not quite there. Medium prepared Steak was "bouncy", almost tough - a result from not cooking it properly. Oysters were very small. Side salad with steak had too much dressing. Bread is nothing to write home about. Twinkie dessert was dry and tasteless. But the fries and escargot were good.
- Great place for brunchsebukovnVIPDined on 7/13/2014Good mix of food and even offer an egg white omelet. Typically can get in for brunch whenever since the large crowds are up the street. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Reliable.GWR1VIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant has been in our favorites since opening. Dining here is always an outstanding experience.Special Features: