3100 N Washington Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lyonhallarlington.com/
- Phone: 7037417636x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 1130AM-3PM
Sunday - Thursday: 5PM-10PM Friday & Saturday: 5PM-11PM
Saturday & Sunday: 9:30AM-3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, German, French
- Executive Chef: Liam LaCivita/Andy Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lyon Hall
Lyon Hall is a modern bistro serving approachable Alsatian-inspired fare, including an extensive selection of house-made charcuterie and sausages. The menu changes with the season to highlight fresh produce from local farms, as do the pastries, desserts and fresh bread.The affordable wine list focuses on French selections, while the impressive beer list offers an extensive selection of European drafts and bottles. Located in an historic art deco building in the heart of downtown Clarendon, Lyon Hall is a vibrant neighborhood spot with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. Perfect for an elegant dinner in the stylish dining room, frankfurters and beer flights with friends at the lively bar, or enjoying a warm evening on the patio with a bottle of wine and selections from the dynamic cheese menu. The private room located in our mezzanine level offers a great spot for small to medium size groups enjoying a private meal or cocktail reception.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Lyon Hall - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Lyon Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (163)great for outdoor dining (152)fit for foodies (144)great for brunch (99)vibrant bar scene (95)great for lunch (69)good for groups (64)special occasion (61)hot spot (60)notable wine list (51)romantic (34)kid-friendly (24)late-night find (23)scenic view (6)Show More
- Good neighborhood experienceSweetMADined on 9/18/2014We ate here on a Thursday evening - very busy on the sidewalk. Loved that they had valet parking. Food was great, especially the warm pretzel.Special Features:
- Good but could have been betterskrooksDined on 9/14/2014At 10 a.m. there were 2-3 other diners there. Our party of 6 was taken to a table right next to the kitchen and bread service area. This was a mistake by the hostess for putting us there in an empty restaurant and by us for accepting it. The noise from the kitchen and the 'ambiance' music was already too loud and it was too late to move the group. Our brunch was spoiled by hacking coughs, workers barking to each other, and the din of the kitchen area. On the bright side, the food was quite good. The poached eggs are excellent and the fresh breads at Lyon Hall are among the best we have eaten anywhere. If the hostess had seated us in a decent location in the empty restaurant, I would definitely be giving our experience four stars.Special Features:
- Shrimp cockatil, but nothing elseLove2Eat27VIPDined on 9/13/2014We used to love Lyon Hall. They have the best shrimp cocktail around. However, we doubt we'll be returning for anything else. We've seen prices increase, portions decrease and the seasoning disappear. The mussels were small and underseasoned. My side of squash was tasteless and slimy. Our lamb came out cold and had no flavor. We sent it back and it returned looking completely different. Our waitress told us that it "worked out" that we needed to send it back because the kitchen had forgotten to plate it correctly the first time. No apology. Our waitress was rude and bossy. She refused to place our appetizer order when we asked because it would "mess things up." She insisted on taking away our bread when we asked to keep it.
- Tasty tidbitsBruncherDined on 9/13/2014Two of us shared the Bavarian Pretzel (huge and the fondue it includes is luscious), smoked salmon (among the best we ever had), wild board (fantastic), roasted olives (excellent), half plate of sausage samples (port belly was succulent and the sauerkraut tart), and almond rhubarb cake (not sweet and the perfect end to a great meal).Special Features:
- Disappointed on last visitMohickeytxVIPDined on 9/7/2014Disappointed out of Pork Schnitzel, and messed up our friend's order of mussels. The craziest part was - the manager walked by and asked us how everything was. We explained our disappointment about these 2 issues we had - she just smiled and said okay -kept walking! No "hey,your mussels are on us - sorry about that" which would have been the correct action for a manager to take!Special Features:
- great brunchWillsommDined on 9/7/2014We had brunch out on the patio and everything was fantastic. The patio is super dog friendly and buzzing with activity. Mauricio was our server and made sure we had everything we needed before we even asked. The housemade donuts were awesome and everyone's entrees came out perfect. Totally recommend for the arlington brunch scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacePreferPilsDined on 9/6/2014Really like the German beer on tap, food excellent and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic, ExcitingHunterbridgeDined on 9/2/2014Lyon Hall is conveniently located in Arlington's Clarendon neighborhood - one block from the Metro. The dinner entrees are great. I had the fish entrée which was a delightful combination of trout and an assortment of veggies. The service was great. From an environment perspective, I am NOT a fan of "row-house" seating were there is one continuous bench seat on one side with tables one after the other. I felt cramped. So, while I like the food, I did not enjoy the cramped tables lines one after the other.Special Features:
- Very good but noisy.lementreeDined on 8/31/2014Food was very good, especially scallops and swordfish. Service was lax - I think our waiter was responsible for the whole upstairs (which was full) so we had to ask a couple of times for bread, another drink, etc. We are in our 50's and early 60's and it was too noisy for us. Too much ambient noise. But we all agreed we'd go back to try other things on the menu and the many beer offerings. Great happy hour every day 5-7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMattDined on 8/31/2014Delicious from the donuts to the main course. And the service was spectacular! Great bloody Mary's as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon wrapped swordfishtechyentaVIPDined on 8/29/2014The bacon wapped swordfish was a treat. Done to perfection with bokchoy and mushrooms. Service was excellent. The bar made my wife happy with a great dirty martini.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014The food is eclectic but very good. Nice charcuterie and cheese plate options. Pretzel is wonderful!Special Features:
- AlexBVIPDined on 8/26/2014I'm not so sure I'd say the restaurant focuses on French food, but the food is good nonetheless. We had the pretzel, which came with some great dips. Followed by the mussels, which were so-so (and not served with bread until we asked for it, probably should have had it brought out with the pretzel). We ended with the sausage platter and pomme puree, both of which were good. Our waiter was great, answering questions and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food As Always...Bad ServiceMikeVIPDined on 8/25/2014Our server was completely inattentive. We had to flag him down for everything that you would normally expect to be done on his own initiative. He spent too much time chatting up the hostess.
- CuttingboardDined on 8/24/2014Food was very good, Bloody Mary very salty, and service extremely slow.Special Features:
- Great food, kinda loudBigPaulDined on 8/23/2014The food and service here are consistently outstanding, but it was so loud in there that we couldn't hear each other talk. Whoever picks the music they play must love the Strokes - it seemed like every 3rd song was the Strokes....some music variety and lower volume would be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner outBBJJVIPDined on 8/20/2014We took advantage of the Restaurant Week special and enjoy it! A great evening meal. Will be back soon!!!Special Features:
- Food great, service fairwillramsDined on 8/19/2014No complaints on the food. Our server was necessarily abrasive - insisted in a particularly rude manner that we order all three items on the prix fixe menu at the same time. She may have been having a bad evening, but that is no excuse for poor customer service.Special Features:
- Two thirds excellent; one third badUnenthusedDined on 8/19/2014The service was excellent, up to a point, the surroundings were relaxed and the environment was inviting. The food however, changed some of our perceptions. The French Onion soup was really terrific, and also the best part of our meal. Bread and butter was very tasty and so was my wife's entree, which I believe was a variety of sausages and meats. The lamb though was another story. Almost raw to the point that you could not chew it, and a couple parts were so stringy that you could not cut it with the knife. Rest of the entree was good, but at that point, water tasted excellent. As a courtesy we let the server know about the experience, but I think he brushed it off by just saying "oh so sorry", would you like desert?Special Features:
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2014August 17th Sunday brunch was very crowded, but the service was good and our reservation was ready when we arrived. There was a selection of the usual brunch items, and our order was nicely prepared and presented. We recommend Lyon Hall for locals.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week BrunchPutzeeDined on 8/17/2014First time guests, enjoyed dining inside (rather humid outside) and selected 3-course restaurant week option - all of which were very good. Service was just okay, however - quite busy, but I found it odd that no one - and I mean no one - inquired as to whether everything was to our satisfaction . . . had to ask for coffee/iced tea refills, which were a little slow in coming. No one was slacking, but perhaps they were a little overwhelmed? Not terribly busy when we arrived, but packed before we left. Glad we went, however, as food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable standard brunch spotal337Dined on 8/17/2014I came here with a friend to try out their brunch menu. The atmosphere is trendy-casual, and they have a nice shaded outdoor area perfect for brunching on a sunny day. The food is good, but fairly standard brunch fare. I tried the eggs benedict with smoked salmon and Texas toast, which was very well made. I think their drinks menu is probably a better reason to come here - they seem to offer an extensive beer, wine, and cocktail selection, although for brunch I stuck with a regular mimosa. I noticed no refills on mimosas were offered. I will have to check out this place again in the evening for their drinks menu.Special Features:
- Enjoyed itmelvisfDined on 8/17/2014Everyone in our group enjoyed the food, including our toddler. Get an outdoor table with an umbrella if you can!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekflowjanaDined on 8/16/2014Love when restaurants embrace restaurant week and allow their whole menu to be used. Had a great meal with a friend, beautiful day to sit outside. Food was great, service was good, but busy. Overall would come again for food and bar scene. Sit outside for less noiseSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Experience!!RayyDined on 8/16/2014Dined here for brunch during restaurant week, a great deal since Lyon Hall let customers choose from the complete menu. Our party sat outside, and service was wonderful. The presentation and quality of food was top notch. I'll definitely be going back to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleaserSpunkyasianDined on 8/15/2014Delicious food and great service. It is a little loud at night; however, it's not unbearable. The food and drinks are excellent. Never disapponting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosslyn residentGordonVIPDined on 8/15/2014As a fan of the Liberty Tavern and having read an open table review, we decided to try Lyon Hall for lunch. Bad from the start. The hostess was rude and surely. Service was slow. The food, when it finally arrived, was barely edible. We are going back to the Liberty Tavern, where all things are good.
- Wonderful Experience, great foodSaintDined on 8/14/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience - good food, great service, nice ambience. Was a pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuluVIPDined on 8/13/2014Very good food and ambience. The only down side to the dining experience is the parking. Rode around for 20 minutes trying to find garage or street parking. Finally found something several blocks away and the hostess was very gracious to honor our reservation. I will return but it probably will be for brunch rather than dinner.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My boyfriend and I decided to make a reservation for restaurant week-- who knew you got to choose anything off the menu for the $35.14!? I got the french onion soup, bacon wrapped swordfish and the pot de creme. I'm still full! My boyfriend ordered the tuna tar tar (very good) the steak for a slight upcharge and the twinkies. He wasn't very impressed with the dessert but overall the food was amazing, our server seemed busy with a lot of tables but she was very friendly and gave us the appropriate amount of attention. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Better than expectedRaspberryberetDined on 8/12/2014Really enjoyed our evening here. Good food - a little pricey - and nice place. Quite loud some of the time, and I hate when they seat five at a table where one person is stuck off the end. I also hate when they won't seat you because your whole party isn't there even though they're just parking, and you have to hang around the entrance getting in everyone's way. But overall a return visit will probably happen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- magnifiquefamilyVIPDined on 8/11/2014perfect from beginning to end. amazing fresh choices, house made sausage beyond anything I've ever had, cheese board not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backEleanorMDined on 8/10/2014Interesting menu, careful preparation, great atmosphere. Definitely put this place on your list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014food and service were fantastic, the menu offerings were unique. The one small issue we had was that we had a handicapped person in our party, and access to the restrooms would have been very difficult for them. Even with the elevator to the basement level, you would have to go through a long hall through the kitchen to get there.Special Features:
- ExcellentPamelaDined on 8/8/2014The service was just great, the food was excellent......we had a great time. And it is in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Great local spot with outdoor seating. Gets a little loud. Staff very helpful and informative but they were unstaffed last time I was there so service was delayed. Great high quality food reasonably priced but very small menu, check it out before you commit. Great spot for drinks and a small plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stands out in neighborhoodtjkinmdDined on 8/5/2014Lyon Hall has an atypical menu in this neighborhood. Great beers on tap too. I tried the schnitzel and the pasta bolognese and some of the fries. All were really delicious. The bread, if the bake it there, is amazing – crisp crust and moist crumb. The service was amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, okay serviceIheartbrunchDined on 8/3/2014I went to Lyon Hall for the first time for brunch. the menu had a nice variety without being too overwhelming with choices. We chose to sit inside since it was quite hot out, though the patio seating looked lovely. The food was delicious and the portions generous. My only concern was that the service was quite slow. We were greeted right away, but it took about 15 minutes to be served the coffee and tea we ordered when seated. The food came out in a timely fashion, but there were long stretches between check-ins from our server and before we were offered our check. I appreciate not being rushed, especially at a busy brunch spot, but the slow service made the meal drag. The food is worth another visit, as long as you aren't in any hurry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch/Lunch spotjuanuDined on 8/3/2014Love this place for meeting family for Brunch every other month. The food is great, the cocktails are good, and the coffee is amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Food was amazing! I really enjoyed my experience however the service was subpar. The busboy was more attentive to our table then our waitress was. This was likely just the specific waitress not being able to handle her tables that night so I would def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.