955 Dairy Ashford
Houston, TX 77079Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lynnssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2818700807
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jessica Lynn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lynn's Steakhouse
For over twenty-five years Lynn’s Steakhouse has been bringing Houston the finest steaks, seafood and service. Our wine list has won 20 years in a row "best award of excellence". Our attention to detail and your satisfaction are our top priorities, and our waitstaff is well seasoned. If you haven't already, we invite you to join us for a truly incredible dining experience. "Privately owned and managed" makes a difference.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Lynn's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Lynn's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (36)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (15)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Awesome as usual!JCE3142Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is one of the great neighborhood finds in the West Memorial area! Service is excellent and the ambiance is old school. The outside of the restaurant does look like much but the inside transforms into great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least the beef was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/25/2014Tried during HOU Rest Wks. Key points: 1.Location & parking are unusual but atmosphere inside is cozy. 2.Waited nearly 15 minutes for our server after we were seated. At least after he got there, he was attentive & knowledgeable. 3: The food: Crab cake was small, somewhat dry, had more filler than I care for (little to none). My lobster bisque and husband's berg salad were both fresh & delicious. Would order those again. The 2 tenderloin medallions w/ 2 sauces were very good. Tender, moist, done perfectly, and sauces accented the beef nicely. However, the bland broccoli w/ sprinkled spices and carrots right out of the bag dragged the whole meal down. So disappointing. Choc cake & key lime pie were uninspired; don't bother.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceMetallDined on 8/25/2014The staff is just wonderful. The lobster bisque was so good that I could have eaten a bucket of it. My husband and I both ordered the 8oz filet. It was tasty but something was missing. Juicy, tender yes, but the flavor was missing. On the rare occasions I eat steak, I expect an OH WOW experience and this was not it. I've eaten at Lynn's one time before and had fish. The fish was excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & ServiceShelleyscornerDined on 8/23/2014Why we haven't patronized this establishment before is quite puzzling. Had we known this hidden gem was so wonderful, we would've already become regulars. From the incredible wine selection to the delectable food, you won't make a bad decision upon ordering! Enjoy ... and we'll see you soon!Special Features:
- Outstanding on all countstodieforVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is an incredible restaurant. The give you time to enjoy drinks before even approaching with the menu. Very laid back, quiet and cozy. The food and service are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceTod2CherylDined on 8/22/2014Great service and wonderful food. Good Wine List - Very RomanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKatyiteDined on 8/20/2014Outstanding place to dine! Cannot say enough about it except WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceCactexanDined on 8/16/2014There is a reason Lynn's Steakhouse has been in business for almost 30 years - excellent food and service. It's been a Memorial area staple for a consistently great dining experience. And, as an added bonus - the clientele this establishment attracts respects the owners of the establishment and their fellow diners enough to dress and act appropriately!Special Features:
- Great find !!datenightdinnersVIPDined on 8/15/2014What a great local steakhouse. Has all the makings of the chain steakhouses (great wine, great steak, etc) but it is nice, quiet and offer a generous, attentive, real staff to wait on you. We generally stay on the beaten path for steakhouses and was so happy to discover this place that is one of a kind. Some reviews were concerned about the decor which we found to be very cozy, warm and real. The restaurant was very comfortable.Special Features:
- Old ReliableDaleVIPDined on 8/15/2014Lynn's is great restaurant. It's excellent food, service and atmosphere are very reliable. From the minute you walk in the door and are greeted warmly through the excellent service lead by Gustavo, we are always well pleased. The Alsatian twist with the sauces and other touches makes it more special. This is usually a special occasion place for us (out of town guests, birthday, anniversary, etc.), however this time we decided to try Lynn's Restarant Week Menu. The Restarant Week Menu did not provide anything new or innovative and there were no wine pairngs. We had hoped for that since many restaurants participate in Restarant Week with new/innovative menu items wine pairings. Still, it was great. Old relaible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star product in 3 star package.GregVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food and service was exceptional. Decor needs some updating. Will return again for the bone-in fillet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood convenienceTaylor33Dined on 8/9/2014Was looking for a quick in and out for Restaurant week at 7pm Saturday, everywhere I considered was booked. I had wanted to try Lynns for a while. We both ordered fish, which was good, I think I will try their steak next time. Good meal, wonderful service, great Restaurant week value!Special Features:
- Great!!! 30'+ years and still bestgwoods42Dined on 8/9/2014Lynn's Steakhouse is a hidden West Houston jewel and one of the finest Restaurants in Houston. Couldn't ask for better service, ambiance, and food! First class all the way!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodM2dinningDined on 8/7/2014I have been visiting Lynn's for many years, and after being away (out of the country) for the past 7 years I have come back to find Lynn's still has great service & quality food. it good to be back.Special Features:
- Great food, service was the bestUptowngirlDined on 8/7/2014Lynn's never fails to impress me, can always count on delicious food, great service and so nice that you can actually carry on conversations at your table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good, but...SergeDined on 8/4/2014A meal is only as good as the last cup of coffee and in this occasion there was no coffee to seal the deal, the espresso machine was down. But to top it off, the one dessert we ordered (off the menu, recommended by waiter), had run out. It is interesting to note that there were only 3 tables with customers from 6 pm until 10:45 pm, so how did they run out of carrot cheesecake is a mystery. The steaks were good and overpriced, but when you go to Lynn's you don't have money limits. the wine was good, so was the port wine. The sides were ok and I was not amazed by the ceviche they served us...The service was outstanding. kudos to to the kid...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience on first visitFoodHogDined on 7/31/2014We visited Lynn's for the first time and came away very impressed. The mood is romantic and the service is top-notch. If you are into the latest trendy place where you can be seen and you are bombarded with movement and noise...this is not your place. If you appreciate the absolute best food and service and enjoy spending time enjoying your meal...give Lynn's a try. The wine list is quite extensive and covers a wide range of varieties and budgets. The bar is stocked with most anything you want. We thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered. Drinks to apps to absolutely perfectly cooked steaks were loved by all. The bone-in filet was on another level. I recommend ordering Bearnaise sauce to complement. The Napoleon salad was also a surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything there but the right roomESUSDined on 7/22/2014Im getting over being skeptical that good restaurants can be in a strip mall. And I love the dive-y good find. But Lynn's wants to be more and should be. Excellent service, very nice menu, my steak was perfect, crab cakes were loved by all, wine list impressive. All there with the white table cloth. But the room is so dated it wouldnt even qualify for vintage. Even smells a bit musty. Wouldnt take much to improve the ambiance and then it would all be there.Special Features:
- Old school hospitalityRMcK37VIPDined on 7/19/2014Old school hospitality. It is alive and well at Lynn's. This past Saturday evening we were welcomed enthusiastically and authentically as first time guests. From the moment we were seated until the moment we left, we were treated as royalty. The wine list is extensive and the staff helps narrow done the choices quite well. We were encouraged to dine at our own pace ..no rush, no robotic routines ... just genuine hospitality, great service and great food.Special Features:
- A true neighborhood gem!RuskAliVIPDined on 7/10/2014Upon entering the restaurant we were warmly greeted and seated. Even though we had two young boys with us, there was never an inkling of the staff being annoyed. We loved the entire meal from appetizers to our beautifully prepared steaks. Each part was well composed and tasty, they made special meal accommodations for our boys and that was very nice. My husband and I have eaten at steakhouses all over the world and Lynn's did not disappoint at all, steaks were very juicy and perfectly cooked. I would go so far as to state that Lynn's is in the top three of steakhouses in Houston. We consider this place our neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2014We have not been to this restaurant in about 20 years and chose to done there for my husbands birthday due to proximity to our home. We had a great experience-the food was awesome and our waiter Angel was extremely knowledgeable with wine and food selections. The only minor complaint was that there were only three tables occupied and our service was very slow. I believe it was on purpose since our waiter always responded promptly if signaled. This would have been fine had it not been a weeknight and we wanted to get in and out faster than 2 hours. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSnobHaterDined on 6/9/2014I have been frequenting Lynn's for more than 15 years now. The service is next to none other - top notch - attentive but never hovering. The food especially the steaks for which they are renown are superb cuts done to perfection. Deserts are excellent. Their wine list has won awards! It is a high level establishment without the snobbery.Special Features:
- Not Up to the HypeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014The service is fine! The food was above average, but certainly not great. There are much better steaks and sides, at multiple equivalent priced restaurants.
- Perfect Anniversary Celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I just recently celebrated our anniversary at Lynn's Steakhouse. The ambience was very romantic and beautiful, the food was outstanding, and the service was excellent. We were greeted with a Happy Anniversary card from the staff. At the end of our meal, we were treated to a delicious piece of chocolate cake (candle included) and two glasses of champagne. It was perfect!Special Features:
- ExcellentTedBDined on 5/31/2014Food & Service were excellent as usual. Of special mention was the salmon! TedBSpecial Features:
- Lynn's - still great!didymus1of12Dined on 5/24/2014It had been approximately 25 years since we (my better half and I) had been to Lynn's, but we went last Saturday evening. Apparently, one can go home again. The decor and interior had changed, but the service and the meals had not. Both were outstanding. Our waiter (Angel) was competent, attentive and friendly. I had the red snapper and my wife had the New York Strip. They were cooked to our specifications exactly. As an aside, the sauteed mushrooms were excellent. The key lime pie and Irish coffee were very good! All in all, it was an very enjoyable meal and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place with great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. They had a card on the table wishing her a happy birthday and signed by all of the staff. Every thing was personalized and well done. Great food, great service, nice attention to detail and not hurried. It was nice to be able to converse without having to talk over canned music. They even put a candle in here dessert. You truly do get what you pay for at Lynn's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sonjaVIPDined on 5/17/2014A little pricey, and items are a la carte. Wine list is limited. Food is good, but not outstanding. The service is absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- FOODIECRITICDined on 5/17/2014I HAD MY FIRST...EVER BONE IN FILET MIGNON! SERVES WAS OUTSTANDING AND FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. TRACI IS A FABULOUS SERVER AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014excellent food, my wife had the red snapper with crab and I had the ribeye..we both had the boog salad,the dressing was outstanding, we will definitely be back again. cannot say enough good about the excellent food don and bonnie harding firstname.lastname@example.orgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!!!AlexDined on 5/10/2014Their customer service was outstanding, and the staff was very helpful. Not to mention the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014Loved this place! Small restaurant with tremendous ambience for a quiet business dinner or personal special occasion. Steaks were outstanding, tender and juicy, but the lobster looked awfully tempting! Service was very efficient and attentive. Wine list was extensive and covered all price ranges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 211 reviews are from the Lynn's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- A treat!AmyGDined on 5/2/2014Had never even heard of Lynn's when we decided to try it. Everything we had was delicious! Will definitely return. Soon.Special Features:
- Team Formal Dinner was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014We had a team dinner for 14 people and it was handled very well. From top notch wait staff to a good menu and wine selection. Everything was well taken care of and all involved were impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lynn'sgourmayVIPDined on 4/23/2014Excellent wine list and good food in a quiet intimate atmosphere. Wines are not overpriced.Special Features:
- Attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Fabulous crab cakes! Lemon drop Martini crafted to perfection. I was the little things like allowing us to talk during our meal to enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food/restaurant/staff.OSUCowboyDined on 4/16/2014Met with two other business executives that all have Energy business executive responsibilities. While I have been to Lynn's many times, neither of the other two had been to Lynn's before. All of us agreed it was an excellent place for meeting and food. No question we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lynn's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014Great place to eat highly recommend have been dining there for over 20 years! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome prom 2k10WaddellmaloneDined on 4/12/2014Was treated very special due to it being my prom night. Got to take personal pictures with my photographer in restaurant and in the wine cellar. I have been to Lynns steakhouse before....no special occasion and received the same amount of attention and good service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Business DinnermjeterDined on 4/8/2014Staff was excellent and serive was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.