Lynnhaven Fish House
2350 Starfish Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lynnhaven Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lynnhavenfishhouse.net/
- Phone: 757-481-0003
- Hours of Operation:
Serving lunch, 11:30am - 3:00pm Serving dinner, 11:30am 'til
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer private parties up to 50 people, with an open menu for you and your guests during our off season (August-February). We are unable to commit to private events from March-June. Enjoy a stunning panoramic view of the Chesapeake Bay.
A word from Lynnhaven Fish House
The Lynnhaven Fish House Restaurant has been overlooking the Chesapeake Bay for 27 years. In our 'casually elegant' dining room we offer the largest selection of fresh fish in all of Hampton Roads, have a strong and longtime supporting staff and a view that is second to none. Whether it's dinner for 2, a business meeting for 10 or a celebration for 50, please join us and find out for yourself why we have been voted Best of the Beach for 17 years running!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lynnhaven Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DeliciousSLI6Dined on 5/17/2014Had another tasty, culinary delight at the Fish House, always leave feeling satisfied!Special Features:
- Nice ViewTellingItLikeItIsDined on 5/15/2014Food and service are good. The view is really the selling point. Make a reservation if you plan to dine after 6 during the Spring/Summer or on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinneroceanviewDined on 5/7/2014Everything about our dinner was exceptional. Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful. The view over the ocean is spectacular and the noise level was very low. We were able to have a wonderful conversation without any trouble. All of our fish entrees were exceptional. The hush puppies are delicious and the key lime pie was the best we have ever had! HIghly recommend this for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 480 reviews are from the Lynnhaven Fish House reviews archive.
- Good place to visit now and thenTellingItLikeItIsDined on 5/3/2014Food and service were good. Reservations highly recommended during the warmer months. Price-wise Surf Rider has most seafood restaurants beat, however Lynnhaven FH has a great scenic view and a classier ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely find!!FoodaNestaDined on 5/3/2014We recently celebrated my mothers 78th birthday here, and the service was outstanding! The restaurant went above and beyond to adhere to our special requests, and my mother was delighted to no end. Thank you all! Our waiter, James, was extremely attentive and energetic. The food was great and the ambiance, beautiful. In a place like Virginia Beach where seafood restaurants are a dime a dozen, this restaurant separates itself by being a seafood restaurant for the mature crowd. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Lynnhaven Fish House is Ship shapeBestonthebeachDined on 4/30/2014The Lynnhaven Fish House is one of our favorite places to dine in the Tidewater region. The location it great and the food is always up to standard. The wait staff is always plesant and tends to our needs promptly. We will continue to dine here in the future and have this on the list of places to bring out-of-town guest to give them a taste of the area.Special Features:
- Great place but over hypedJayPDined on 4/6/2014The place has been hyped by my friends. I think the place has outdated layout and decoration. This would be a great place for a make over reality show. The food was great but I could tell our server was rushed. The couple next to us got better service than we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The server was informed ofIbemikieDined on 4/4/2014The server was informed of a special request I made and offered his condolences. The seating was spot on and service exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner with Great serviceMrStrangeDined on 4/4/2014The Lynnhaven fish house has been in Virginia Beach for as long as I can remember. We arrived early and were given a table overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. It's a beautiful location and fun to watch people roaming the beach. We purchased a half dozen oysters Rockefeller as an appetizer, which were very good and my wife enjoyed her she crab soup, although she did say that she's had better. She enjoyed the rock fish with the Christo sauce while I had the swordfish special with scallops and shrimp. Both were very good. We ended or meal with the Orange cake that was very most and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday eveningMichTrainsDined on 3/23/2014Usually we are very excited about having supper here, but this last visit was very disappointing. The service was okay, but the food did not have that quality taste we come here for. The calimari was bland, and the breaded shrimp tasted like it was cooked in a deep fat fryer that had been used for other foods. My wife was very disappointment with the Sea crab shop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantPhotoGizmoDined on 3/10/2014Went there with my wife for dinner. Wonderful food and meal. Afterwards, had a nice walk on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014Went here for the first time yesterday, after hearing about it for a long time. We wanted good seafood and a view of the water, and we got both. On a gorgeous spring-like afternoon, we were greeted warmly by various staff members the moment we came in the door. We were fortunate enough to get a table by the window overlooking the Bay, although every table seems to have a view of the water. We had the she crab soup and bacon wrapped shrimp as appetizers, and each of us had the grilled fish (grouper and rockfish). Our server made excellent recommendations for the sauces, sides, and wine, and we were well taken care of all through the meal. It was all fantastic, and we look forward to many more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's perfection!DavalerieDined on 2/16/2014From the time we arrived, greeted at the door by the owner, to when we departed, door held open by the same, our experience was dining perfection! The restaurant was full, but still quiet. The view of ships dotting the horizon on the night time Atlantic was so romantic! After dinner, the best sorbet I have ever tasted. Perennially on many "Best of" list's in Hampton Roads. Will return whenever in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightDlgrayjrDined on 2/14/2014As usual they made our night perfect for Valentine's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulscogloDined on 2/14/2014This is the place that you count on to entertain clients, family and friends. Food is always awesome and service is impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key lime pie#1OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We will be back soon! Swordfish is the best I ever tasted !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EVENING EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed the Valentines Day Special. The view was great with the full moon rising across the beach. The food was great and the service could not have been any better. The waiter was very attentive yet never annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement homeStephenVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food was pretty good, but not remarkable. I was a little taken back by the fact that it we the oldest crowd I'm ever seen in a restaurant outside of Hardee's at 5 AM. The location is gold. This place sits right on the beach. The view of the rising moon was so striking that people c were at the window taking pictures. I hope they can start attracting another generation and make the Lynnhaven Fish House worthy of its history and location.Special Features:
- Great service, great place!jonathanDined on 2/14/2014I actually did not know about this place until i did some research on some good seafood. Overall I was pretty happy. The only thing that i didn't care to much for the was calamari. It needs some work. Other than that I thought that the food was really good. The restaurant is right on the water so you have a wonderful view of the Bay. I would recommend and I am definitely going to be back one day!Special Features:
- Great Local RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014The service we received was great. We had the pleasure of having Karima Darren as our waitress. Even though it was just her second day working at the Swan Terrace, she new the menu well, and she provided us excellent service, as did the other attendants assisting her, who together made sure that our meal was served as soon as it was ready, keep our beverages full, and made sure that we were never lacking for anything that we needed. Our dinners started out with an excellent amuse-bouche for each of us. I ordered the chefs special for today. It was a Surf and Turf. It came with both soup, salad, crab legs, a lobster tail and and filet mignon. All were excellent. It is meant to serve 2. This is our new favorite local restaurant.Special Features:
- Just what we wantedBear70Dined on 9/18/2013I wanted a place that makes it on food, not "atmosphere," or even scenery. Well, this place actually has it all. The food was great. My wife had a tasty lobster sauce on her crab cake and Peter was nice enough to fetch me a couple of tablespoons for mine, too. I chose this after ten minutes of research on the computer, relying mostly on Open Table because it's harder to "stuff the ballot box" on this site. We picked a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice view of the ocean!diamondgroupVIPDined on 9/18/2013The view was fantastic! The she crab soup was exceptional and I love the way they let you add your own sherry to it! The salmon special was excellent. I am sorry to see that they will no longer be on OpenTable ;.(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePAFoodloverDined on 9/16/2013Everything was top notch. We were lucky enough to get Pete as our waiter. Very knowledgeable, helpful and extremely pleasant.Special Features:
- great food...screen waiters betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2013I have been here about 25 times in the past 15 years. food always great. I consider this place to be high end, but the waiter we had was way too familier with me. I expect to be called sir not buddy. service would have been ok if he would just show respect or shut up. next time if i get this guy i will ask manager for different waiter.Special Features:
- still wonderful after many yearsJackieVIPDined on 9/8/2013I've been going for 35 years and the food, service and management are still the best in Virginia Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day tripJoanneYDined on 9/5/2013Service was excellent, food was spectacular. She crab soup is unbeatable! Pleasant dinner with wine and dessert. A little bit pricey, but worth every penny! We go there each trip, and will plan to go back there soon! Scallops Lynnhaven must be enjoyed- recommend highly, with the gouda cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good one.Luv2eatVIPDined on 8/22/2013My husband and I ate here for lunch during the week. We enjoyed it. The service was very good and the seafood tasted fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceLahdi7Dined on 8/21/2013The food was excellent, as was the view of the beach. Great service and very warm Cozy enviornmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The owners and staff hereJerryDined on 8/6/2013The owners and staff here treated us like visiting royalty. So welcoming and friendly. The waitress was knowledgeable and delightful. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!YorktownManDined on 8/4/2013My wife and I had a great overall experience here for lunch. We were seated quickly and had a nice view of the ocean. Our server, Michael, was very attentive while being low key. The She Crab soup was excellent as promised. Both meals were well-prepared and very tasty. Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the BeachDebKDined on 7/6/2013We truly enjoy going here - brought our son and his girlfriend. I had the Bay Omelet with Lobster, scallops and shrimp in a cream sauce - it was the beseautt. Husband had scallops and son had grilled tuna - very good and the view is excellentSpecial Features:
- Lynnhaven Fish HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2013Wonderful dinner. Had a beautiful view of the bay and had great service. The food was fantatstic! Be prepared to spend a pretty penny, but it's definitely worth it, especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2013Upon arrival, we were seated immediately. The Management and Staff were friendly and attentive. Our waiter, Pete, was knowledgeable about the menu and made recommendations. We had a perfect view of the Chesapeake Bay. My husband ordered the stuff flounder with crab imperial and I ordered the shrimp and crab cake platter. The portions were generous, the service was quick and the food was fresh and delicious! We will definitely come back on our next visit to Virginia Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood.BillDined on 6/4/2013The Steelhead was perfectly broiled, an excellent portion and absolutely delicious. The Flounder Special was delightful, cooked to perfection with lots of lumped crab meat. The sauce was light and nicely seasoned. A great meal with a great view to boot. We'll be going back again, and again, and again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lov themOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2013Everythinglwas amazing like always never dissatisfied. I have. Been going over 16 years to celebrate. My occasions. Bonnie our sserver now friend is amazing. Such quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalJackieVIPDined on 5/19/2013I've been going for 30+ years. Food and service are always outstanding. Love the she crab soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best seafood in town!JimlDined on 5/16/2013Prices are reasonable and the food outstanding. We started with jumbo shrimp cocktail then for the main course lobster. You can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Always greatdine4funDined on 5/15/2013Have been here several times and is always great. Great view, food, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ViewsnooxieDined on 5/7/2013The Lynnhaven Fish House is where we choose to spend our 30th anniversary. They seated us at the best table in the house and congratulated us on our marriage. I loved the she crab soup and they gave me the recipe. I thought their crab cakes were excellent, and my husband was well pleased with his meal too. I appreciate the offerings of smaller portion dinners, leaves room for the soup! As we were leaving the noise level was rising, so if you want romantic I would suggest go fairly early. View was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not great--IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/23/2013The food was not great--I had fried shrimp and it was chewy and too heavily battered, the other two in my party had the nightly special which was broiled flounder topped with crabmeat and bearnaise sauce and both agreed it was very bland.