3909 Frei Rd
Sebastopol, CA 95472Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lynmarwinery.com/
- Phone: (707) 829-3374 ext. 102
- Hours of Operation:
Luxury Seated Tasting: M-Th 10:00am-2:00pm
Luxury Seated Tasting: Fr-Su 10:00am-12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: David Frakes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lynmar Estate
Set among 100 acres of beautiful Sonoma County landscape, Lynmar Estate produces limited quantity, world-class Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines from the Russian River Valley region. Lynmar Estate is a mosaic of the superlative Wine Country experience with rolling vineyards, a serene redwood grove, and flourishing gardens joining to form the backdrop for enjoying their terroir-inspired epicurean offerings. Lynmar Estate’s proprietors, Lynn and Anisya Fritz, are committed to the stewardship of their land through innovation and preservation with the intention of leaving the property better than it was found and to ensure the land thrives for generations to come.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lynmar Estate reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (10)scenic view (10)romantic (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- Showcases best of Russian RiverlvnNBndVIPDined on 11/2/2014This amazing spot is perfect to relax & enjoy some of the valleys finest wines while enjoying lunch or a small cheese selection. When the weather is nice they have an outdoor area overlooking a bit of the valley, vineyards, and their enormously well attended to garden. An absolute "do not miss" you would do well to make reservations and have the attention of one of the staff (sometimes they are great and others maybe not as great; they could do with just a bit of enthusiasm, but in general they are good). The interior is creative, minimal, yet relaxing. All the wines are great!Special Features:
- Outstanding food and wineGocards01Dined on 10/15/2014The food is on par with any at any restaurant paired with wine in all of the wine country. Just outstandingly fresh ingredients and amazing flavors complementing fantastic wines. Palate is totally spoiled.Special Features:
- ZmanZmanDined on 10/9/2014My wife and I were sent to this highly recommended Winery. To say the least, it was great! We were warmly greeted upon arrival and given a glass of Sauvignon Blanc upon arrival and we were directed to walk the grounds while our table was readied. The gardens and overall beau colic setting was impressive. Lunch was an amazing menu from start to finish. The food and wine pairing was the perfect way to enjoy a terrific mid day meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCrystalDined on 9/13/2014The staff here was very accomadating and kind. The Chardonnay tasted great with cheese plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lynmar Lunch/Wine TastingzipitedoodahDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding lunch and wine pairing. Excellent service. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love Lynmar!DoloresheightsdinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had our second picnic on the patio with friends this weekend. It was so much fun and such a gorgeous spot! Our host and waiter was Andrew and he makes the experience so easy and friendly. Best part of the entire meal is the popcorn appetizer - which sounds crazy but trust me, it's amazing! The experience of relaxing on the beautiful deck, surrounded by vineyards and gardens, with a lovely, heathy, delicious lunch and great wine is the perfect wine country day. We will be back!Special Features:
- perfunctory servicejakiVIPDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance was great, the food was delicious, the wine was good; the service however was surprisingly impersonal and somewhat brash. Not much description or discusson of the wine, and we are wine club members. Seemed like they felt they didnt need to, it should be self explanatory and remembered. Well they lost a sale there. Then desert fruit was exoected to be eaten on the plates on which the meat was served. Seemed cheezy and uncaring... perfunctory.Special Features:
- Loved Lynmar Estate LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Took my sister to Lynmar for wonderful lunch out overlooking vineyards. Wonderful service, delicious meal and great wine pairing.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Lynmar Estate reviews archive.
- Brilliant Wine and Food ExpereinceChicagoLarDined on 7/24/2014Wow! My wife and I partook in the lunch and wine tasting. It was outstanding! A beautiful salad (picked from their organic garden), a delectable wrap, and marvelous wines (Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs) were paired with our meal. Moreover, I would be remiss to not recognize both Drew and Charlie for providing us a marvelous wine and dining experience. This was our twelve trip to Northern California Wine Country and have come to fully embrace the "Sonoma Valley Wine Experience" (Russian River, Alexander, and Dry Creek Valley) over the impersonal, over priced "Napa Valley Wine Experience." I would, without hesitation, recommend Lynmar Estate Winery to anyone interested in a truly memorable wine and food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a journeyOpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 7/17/2014We were very pleased with the experience at Lynmar Estate. Their estate wine selection was superb and paired well with their fresh garden lunch. Wines are limited to the Estate focusing on a range of Chardonnay and PinotSpecial Features:
- Great experienceLindylouDined on 7/16/2014Our first time at Lynmar and the picnic pairing of wine and food was wonderful. We especially loved the self-guided tour through the artfully kept edible garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful spot, great food!deliciousoDined on 6/19/2014We had an incredibly delicious sandwich and salad while sitting amidst a garden of flowers and vegetables and butterflies! Maybe the most beautiful afternoon I've ever experienced.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2013Truly one of the most pleasant dining experiences we've ever had. Loved the grounds (especially the gardens). Friendly, informative and attentive service (yet laid back). Personal explanation in preparation of our lunch meal by the chef - a very nice touch. Wines and food were all superb - loved the shortbread cookies. Even the fireplace is well worth noting for its uniqueness. We cannot wait to come back to this gem of a place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to miss!JillDined on 10/13/2013Not to miss if you're in wine country! The most spectacular views and amazing lunch. Would recommend this over and over again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times.HappyDined on 10/5/2013It's always a pleasure to visit Lynmar. Allow yourself time to take in the beauty of this place. It's special and a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Wine Pairing Picnic LunchBillBDined on 10/5/2013This was not your ordinary lunch. It consists of great starter, veggies and a wrap coupled with a glass of the Lynmar Chard and Pinot. It's pricey ($45 each) but it's outside in an incredibly beautiful setting at the Lynmar winery with panoramic views. The food was fantastic, the wine above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday visit to LynmarRickDined on 9/29/2013We have made wine paring a priority on this year’s trip to the RRV area. Lynmar tasting room is a modern facility that is very well landscaped. There are several outside seating areas which allow for wine tasting while enjoying the countryside view. The staff was very friendly and the service was prompt. The wine paring was three courses with two wines, but there was ample food for a hearty lunch. Lynmar has some very good Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs and its well worth the time to visit this tasting room.Special Features:
- vineyard picnicwelovewine2Dined on 9/28/2013A very civilized picnic, no packing. The view was divine. We already knew the wine was wonderful so the big surprise was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!AMYGYDined on 9/27/2013My husband and I took part in the "Picnic Pairing" at Lynmar Estate. We were interested in trying several of their wines, rather than the two being served. Our hostess was very accommodating, and provided us with a great tasting of Lynmar wines while we enjoyed our delicious lunch. The setting was lovely, and our table provided a great view of the beautiful gardens. We enjoyed the wines very much, and even joined their wine club. This is a definite "must do" if you are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ExperienceMKZ2Dined on 9/21/2013This was a stellar experience - we even joined the wine club! Great suggestion Ralph de Amicis of Amicis Winery Tours who arranged our lunch at the winery tasting room. He told us we would love it and he was certainly right. The food was excellent and the vegetables come right from the property in view. Super cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine tasting lunchRuthDined on 9/19/2013We had a wine tasting lunch at Lynmar and it was just delightful. Their garden is beautiful and the wines were excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!jsefersDined on 9/18/2013The highlight of our trip was visiting Lynmar Estates. We absolutely loved the food and the beautiful gardens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeacefulEnchantadoraDined on 9/14/2013We were pleasantly surprised with the upgrade from a box lunch to a full table setting. We still want to know where the placemats are from. The garden is exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine country get away lunchNewLunchPatronDined on 9/13/2013Excellent food with fresh ingredients from the winery 's garden. Home-made gluten-free wrap was even better than the standard wrap. The view is gorgeous. The wine is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch !OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2013It sounded expensive at first but we decided to splurge for my birthday. After lunch we decided it was well worth it. The wine, the service, the venue and the food were all spectacular. Definitely worth it.Special Features:
- Picnic Pairing at LynmarSFFoodAddictDined on 8/31/2013I have done the picnic pairing at Lynmar three times, and it just gets better. The setting could not be more beautiful...views over the hills and vineyards. The food is creative and goes well with the wine (except for the salad dressing, which is too tart). Love the popcorn with amaranth and other herbs. The cookies are delicious. Everything is locally grown. The wines are lovely....a new oak-free chardonnay and a fruity and smooth pinot noir.Special Features:
- Birthday BlessingfamlyloveDined on 8/30/2013The gardens, the flowers, the superb wines with the delicious food, the friendly service, the beauty of the setting -- all made for a birthday celebration we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and wine in paradisejlcwineDined on 8/25/2013Lynmar Winery is not a restaurant but they do put on an excellent lunch as part of a wine and food pairing experience. Their Pinot's are second to none (especially if you like the full-bodied variety) and the food was fresh, natural and excellent. The service was attentive but not hovering and the atmosphere - sitting outside on their patio surrounded by their vineyards - is a true California wine country experience. I highly recommend this for groups or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lynmar has become a favoritesuggnekVIPDined on 8/9/2013Lynmar has become a favorite of ours. We are club members and the picnics are a superb addition to our many visits to Sonoma. The setting and food are incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience. TheTikiDined on 7/26/2013Wonderful experience. The food, wine and garden Re fabulous.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, relaxed settingKatherineDined on 7/20/2013Wonderful way to start off a wine country get away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The setting and concept areOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/20/2013The setting and concept are amazing. The service was a little awkward and our salad came in a plastic to go container, which was odd since we had real plates and silverware. The sandwich was incredible - really well done. The gardens are spectacular, particularly in the height of summer. I would highly recommend it for a place to bring out of town guests or to just enjoy a beautiful afternoon.Special Features:
- This meal was at a winery,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/30/2013This meal was at a winery, not a restaurant, in Sonoma. To their credit, the wines were excellent, and they were paired well with picnic-style food served in a comfortable setting.Special Features:
- Sheer BlissOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2013We went for Father's Day and were quite pleased with this decision. Beautiful day, great food, and the garden surroundings unsurpassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite "find" in SonomaKristiDined on 6/16/2013Lynmar's Picnic Pairing was recommended to us by the folks at Chalk Hill (because we weren't able to schedule a pairing there)...lucky for us! The wine was incredible, the fresh food pairing was fantastic, everyone was very friendly and the views were spectacular. Next time in Sonoma...we will schedule our day around a stop at Lynmar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ViewrondarDined on 6/2/2013The view at Lynmar Estates is beautiful. Walking into the tasting room you pass a colorful garden and beautifully manicured lawn. The host was very personable with a great sense of humor to boot. The wine was tasty we bought a great chardonnay. Stepping out back there was the best view of the vineyard. We were allowed to walk through the vineyard on our own and take pictures. Overall it was an unforgettable experience. I would definitely recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.