Lyndale Tap House
2937 South Lyndale Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Lyndale Tap House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelyndale.com/
- Phone: 6128256150
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-2:00am, Friday - Sunday: 10:00am-2:00am
Happy Hour everyday from 4-7!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Phil Dvorak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday Nights - Tap House Trivia - With $3 Bacardi Drinks, and $3 Bottled Beers
Monday Nights - Board Games along with $2.50 PBR Tall Boys and a FREE Taco Bar
Tuesday Nights - Bargo! (Bingo's closely related cousin)
Wednesday Nights - Movie Night!
Thursday Nights - Ladies Night - 1/2 Priced Bottles of Wine and $4 Martinis
Big Buck Hunter
Touch Screen Games
A word from Lyndale Tap House
The Tap House specializes in Baltimore Style Pit Meat. This preparation involves rubbing a high-quality piece of meat with a special housemade spice mixture and allowing it to marinate for three days. The meat is then seared on a specially installed pit grill which chars the outside and cooks it juicy and tender on the inside. Finally it is sliced paper thin and served on a kaiser roll. A variety of meats are pit grilled in this fashion and served according to your desires. Popular choices include the Pit Beef served with raw onions and homemade horseradish sauce or the Pit Pork served with buttermilk coleslaw and sweet habanero barbecue sauce. Additionally, a diner can choose from a menu including gourmet hamburgers, home baked pretzels, ale steamed mussels, shells & cheese and a full selection of desserts. Vegetarian options are available and our staff would be happy to accommodate dietary needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lyndale Tap House reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Packers were on TVShellyVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great food- Restaurant and bar was packed- Thursday Night- First Green Bay Packer game of the season. Extremely loud but a lot of fun watching everyone.Special Features:
- Just the Beer is GoodCannoli4415Dined on 8/21/2014We went to the a Lyndale Taphouse early on a Thursday night- while it has a huge bar, we went for the food. Our onions rings were not cooked all the way and extremely doughy on the inside. We also ordered a sangria and a cranberry vodka. The Sangria was great and strong bug my friend had the feeling they were just drinking cranberry cocktail... I ended up choosing the cashew chicken salad sandwich. It was served on stale ciabatta that crumbled in the corners as I tried to hold it. Otherwise- it was medicore chicken salad. My friend had order the fish and chips. It's two small (about 5 inches) pieces of walleye on a bed of the best handcut fries-- for $15. They do have walleye bites on their appetizer list for cheaper...our mistake.
- danabeth1VIPDined on 8/8/2014always a go to restaurant, love the turkey sloppy joes and brisket sandwichSpecial Features:
- Disappointing mealLoriVIPDined on 5/31/2014Three of us went to the restaurant for lunch on a Saturday. The entrees we had were good, but the accompaniments left much to be desired....the French fries were largely inedible (burnt to a crisp) and the coleslaw side was wilted and so small it was almost laughable. When we pointed the condition of the French fries out to the manager he just nodded and walked away. Not an incentive to come back when there are so many other restaurants to try.
- The following 195 reviews are from the Lyndale Tap House reviews archive.
- Great place for lunchluv2dineVIPDined on 5/10/2014Service was good and prices were pretty reasonable. Burger and fries were great. Portions are pretty big, which is great for someone like me who appreciates that and doesn't let food go to waste. Definitely would love to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lyndale TapRhino34VIPDined on 4/13/2014Excellent service - very good food - and the beer choices were seemingly endless. I had the grilled chicken sandwich with onion rings & a Surly beer - quite nice. The televisions shifted to the NHL playoffs - great spot to have a beverage, eat tasty food and enjoy a sporting event. When the weather heats up the outdoor option will be full although Lyndale can be a busy street. Don't forget to pay for parking if you park on the street. Thank you for a great meal Lyndale Tap House!Special Features:
- This is our new favorite SundayMaryDined on 3/16/2014This is our new favorite Sunday breakfast spot. Best Bloody Mary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch for a HangoverMinneapolisTravelerDined on 3/16/2014I actually love eating here whether I am hungover or not, but if you just spent the night out in Minneapolis on a Friday or Saturday, this is THE place to go the following morning. I recommend you make reservation though because it can get really busy after 11:30 a.m. The free mimosa with your brunch entree is a nice a touch, and the servers are always very relaxed and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lyndale Tap HouseTinsterDined on 1/31/2014Great food with fast, friendly service. It can be scary to try new places, especially when you're going for a special occasion! We were both glad to have tried Lyndale Tap House. The food was amazing. The server made excellent recommendations on what to try. I don't venture into Uptown often but when I do again, I'll definitely be heading back to Lyndale Tap House!Special Features:
- Food was good and the serviceJoeSDined on 1/9/2014Food was good and the service was outstanding. Great place to meet with people and catch up. Good beer selection with many local varieties.Special Features:
- not this timeKristinVIPDined on 12/21/2013Typically this is a very good restaurant but I think they forgot the sauces this time. Not much flavor in all 3 sandwiches. I would go back however as this was an oddity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentFamily3VIPDined on 11/8/2013Very loud. Appetizer was cold from kitchen. Waitress never smiled or followed up with us. Disappointing for dinner. Previous experience for late lunch on a Saturday was great.Special Features:
- Food was very well prepared.u17cqniDined on 10/20/2013Food was very well prepared. The French fries were exceptionally good and they did not overload your plate with them. Would go back for the food but quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE had a great time with awesomeMamaRDined on 10/5/2013WE had a great time with awesome food and great service. We had a toddler with us and still had a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Confusing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2013Our food was great, even though the server asked me to change my order (they ran out of chicken salad) right as my friends' entrees were being delivered, which was awkward. Our server wasn't very strong - we had to flag her down several times (to order more drinks, to ask for our checks) and whenever she would stop by on her own, it was confusing. For example, she asked “Do you want to order another round of drinks before happy hour ends?” we looked at each other to see who wanted to and before we could answer her, she walked away! Then she came back with our checks – um, okay. One of my friends asked me, “Didn't you guys want to order more drinks?” and we told the server yes. She was confused and we were confused. It was very strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FoodCornerMouse1Dined on 9/14/2013The food was good but a bit overpriced for what you got. I ordered the fish and chips with fries. An abundance of fries, but only two small pieces of fish and a tiny, tiny portion of slaw. At the Longfellow Grill in Minneapolis for the same price there would be more fish, fewer fries and/or lots of delicious slaw.Special Features:
- Good Beer, Good Food, Good ServiceclaysadDined on 9/13/2013What a good time! The food was delicious, the beer was awesome, and the service was great. Two-for-one beer, too, when I went!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Promising Menu, Average FoodPartyof4Dined on 9/7/2013The menu at Lyndale looks very promising. Our group of 4 had a hard time choosing what to order. The pit burgers are a major draw. My dad and I both ordered the Pit Pork sandwich. I like moderate spice, while my dad can handle very spicy foods. We both were unpleasantly surprised, though, at how spicy this was given the description of a "sweet" habanero sauce with buttermilk colesaw (which you'd think would tame the heat). Neither of us were expecting/wanted so much heat based on the description. The other 2 in our group enjoyed their meal. The fries are very good. Our service started well, and became slower and slower.
- BrunchBrunchDined on 9/1/2013This is our go to Sunday brunch place. We love coming here with friends and even bring our infant with us. Love the food and free mimosa with breakfast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend!IrvNAndiDined on 8/10/2013The atmosphere made it easy to visit. Not too loud, casual and fun. Good beer and the food was excellent! Will definitely stop again.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceBeaualexDined on 8/8/2013The Happy Hour provides very good value for money on both food and drinks. The pulled pork and beef are excellent! They have a good selection of quality locally brewed ales. Our waitress was very pleasant and gave knowledgable background on the beers. Great venue if you plan on enjoying a show at Jungle Theater -- another Minneapolis gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at the bar..OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/4/2013Bars have the best brunch!! The lyndale tap was great, get the sausage it was fabulous! Plus, a free mimosa kn a high ball was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendLuvoffoodDined on 7/18/2013The beet salad was phenomenal and the pit sandwiches were delicious and very well flavored! Happy Hour was amazing! Fries were a bit soggy but sandwich and salad made up for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for pit sandwichesDaisyVIPDined on 7/18/2013Great pit beef or pork sandwiches - and fantastic service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar FoodDanielleDined on 7/17/2013The Chef who wrote this menu really knows how to put flavors together in new combinations that will have your taste buds singing. The meat was juicy on the sandwiches and the salads were fresh. We had a great time and would highly recommend this place to people who love food, beer and are okay with a loud bar atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedFoodieDined on 7/16/2013Food was mediocre, ordered salad and sandwich the salad came out 2-3 min after the sandwich. Bartender was not very friendly although the fact that he was extremely busy and the only person behind the bar could attribute to his attitude. HH drink specials were decent. Go for drinks, skip the grub.Special Features:
- Super Bar Food !FoodiegirlVIPDined on 7/6/2013We make the stop here before a show at the Jungle Theatre, and it was a perfect choice. Awesome pit beef, great cocktails, and we were in and out in record time.Special Features:
- Nice for pre-theatre diningsvenskatjejVIPDined on 7/5/2013We took advantage of the happy hour specials, but stayed for dinner before heading to the Jungle. A fun spot for a two-generation group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/Great portionsSchwamDined on 6/15/2013Interesting selection of burgers, pit beef and pork (and other sandwiches), salads, and some main courses. My Lyn-Lake burger (burgers, fried egg, greens, parmesan sauce, smoked bacon, and more) was properly cooked and very tasty. Everything coming from the open kitchen in the back of the restaurant appeared to be very adequate and nice prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great server made our night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2013GREAT service. Our waiter was wonderful and made the experience memorable. Best fries ever and Pit sandwich was good. We would eat there again.Special Features:
- Daily Happy Hour 4 - 7 isvalzyDined on 4/20/2013Daily Happy Hour 4 - 7 is good deal for drinks and starters. This place is very loud...hard to carry on a conversation across the table. My pit beef sandwich was on the dry side. The fries were great, hand cut and fried to deep golden. Bottom line, this place is OK but not a stand out in my eyes.Special Features:
- "Fancy" brand ketchup. OverdoneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013"Fancy" brand ketchup. Overdone fries. Seems like lots of people there for 2 4 1 beer.....food, not so much. We won't be going back.
- Our server despite being aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Our server despite being a bit busy was wonderful, always checked to see how we were doing and made sure everything was just how we wanted it.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2013The food was just ok. My server was rude! And I paid with cash, she didn't give me all my change back!!!!
- Great food, I would recommendPartyof4Dined on 2/9/2013Great food, I would recommend any of the Pit sandwiches. Our waiter came back frequently until we were ready to order, then checked-in occasionally as we ate, which was nice. Would have been nice to have just a little more light to read the menus. My mother had to get out the flashlight app to read hers. Other than that, it was great!
- Great Happy Hour, good beereatfoodVIPDined on 1/28/2013Great Happy Hour, good beer on 2-1's and great food.
- Hostess was extremely niceKateVIPDined on 12/21/2012Hostess was extremely nice and it seemed like a great atmosphere, but our service was horrible. Our waitress was weirdly abrasive and my food came out lukewarm. The menu itself was very interesting and looked to have good options. It's a neighborhood hotspot, so I'm sure I'll be back - I just might stick to the bar.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful! ThereMissRubyDined on 12/20/2012The food was wonderful! There were so many things on the menu I wanted to try - I'll just have to go back. I will say it get's a little dark to read the menu but overall great experience!Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour and pit beefDaisyVIPDined on 11/30/2012Great Happy Hour! Huge, crunchy onion rings - really great hot ketchup served along side. Must try the pit beef or pit pork - lots of choices of sauces - and sides. Service was great, even though the place was packed - be sure to get a reservation if you don't want to wait.Special Features:
- Jury is still outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012It was pretty busy because of a football game, so I hate to be too harsh. However, the service was extremely slow and our server was not terribly attentive (waited 20+ minutes for coffee, had to ask twice for cream). The TVs were blaringly loud (because of the game on TV), and for those of us not interested in football, it was hard to converse. My breakfast burrito was just OK. Sadly, the hash browns that were supposed to be inside the burrito (the whole reason I ordered it!) were absent. I would, however, be willing to give this place another chance, as I have heard good things from several friends. Also note, my husband liked this place (especially his steak and eggs) and disagrees with much of my review.Special Features: