709 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (212) 582-2012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 10:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from L'ybane
A refined restaurant with Mediterranean flavors in the Big Apple. If you are missing Mediterranean cooking and a romantic atmosphere, ever rarer in a great metropolis such as NY, L'Ybane New York is the ideal place where you can find them again. Soft deep tones and candlelight will cunningly embrace you in a classy ambience, and the flavorsome Mediterranean cuisine will take you on a trip away from the usual US prepackaged taste sensations. Welcome to L'Ybane New York ...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'ybane reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (9)special occasion (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)romantic (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014it was what we hoped for. a cozy ethnic restaurant with good food and wine, with well paced service. we could enjoy our meal and conversation without being hurried. a gem in the times square areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean With A French AccentEsquireDined on 11/12/2014The staff is very friendly and eager to please. This attitude goes a long way in making a pleasant visit. My husband and I found the food to be quite good (lamb cutlets and Middle Eastern platter), albeit somewhat pricey for the ambiance and portion sizes. An entertainment.com coupon and opentable check helped ease the sting of the bill. The wine bar and dining areas are sufficiently separated so that the noise level was no problem, at least not pre-theater. The restaurant's location is perfect for attending many of the Broadway shows.Special Features:
- SandeDined on 11/9/2014This was my second visit in the past several weeks; this time for brunch. We were a bit early for our reservation, but not a problem. The service was great, brunch menu had something for everyone, drinks kept coming, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves so much that we almost missed getting to the theatre on time! Can't wait to get back to L'ybane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater dinner was delightfulLevy4njDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed a delightful pre-theater dinner despite an extremely loud patron. We enjoyed escargot, Marquez, hummus,baba ganoush, roasted eggplant, and spicy shrimp. Everything was delicious and fun to eat! We also had a favorite Malbec and Montelpuchiano d'abruzzio. Looking forward to the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Lebanese bistroEllyninnycDined on 10/30/2014L'ybane is a delightful find. It reminded me of a wonderful little restaurant I'd wandered into in a small town on vacation in the Middle East, warm and welcoming. The food was delicious and authentic Lebanese. A nice selection of wines and good service rounded out the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableFoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2014Food was very tasty here and different from the norm. Service was just good, not great. A little bit of language barrier with servers.Special Features:
- group lunchjoanVIPDined on 10/20/2014we had multiple mezes spread over a few hours beginning early for lunch on a monday. quiet enough for pleasant chatting, excellent service, delicious food.Special Features:
- Rustic/majesticNYStateofDineDined on 10/8/2014Was going to sit at the bar, but ended up sitting at a table. Was still offered the happy hour menu regardless which showed care for the customer.Special Features:
- L'ybane is a great find!JudyBrooklynDined on 10/1/2014We had theater tickets and went here for dinner before. There were three people and we were all very pleased with both the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair fareJKRafDined on 10/1/2014We ate a L'ybane for a pre-theater dinner. There is nothing special or inviting about the space. We were greatly warmly and dealt with attentively during our stay. We had a drinks at the bar which were nondescript, but very fairly priced. We had a Mediterranean Mix and Steak "special" as our dinner. The "Mixte" was a tasty combination of lamb sausage, falafel other similar foods. Its presentation was as nondescript as the restaurant, but it was plentiful an dgood. The steak on the other hand was ordered medium rare and was served medium well. The server apologized and offered to bring us the meal cooked properly, but time was an issue. Overall dining experience was just okay.
- Fit for foodiesNealDined on 9/30/2014Overall great experience the food is on point my favorite is the Lamb lollipop it's amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably Poor ServiceLarryVIPDined on 9/27/2014While the food was good, the servicve at L'bane was beyond terrible. 2 examples: 1. After waiting a long time for our entrees to arrive, our waiter asked us if we were waiting for more food, or should he bring the check?; and 2. When our entrees were finally served, the promised salads that were supposed to come with it were nowhere to be found. When we complained, we were brought 1 - not 2 - salads, and when we complained again that we were each entitled to a salad, we were told by the waiter to share the one he had served. Service doesn't get much worse than that!
- Don't let the outside fool yougabagooDined on 9/24/2014The outside of the restaurant might scare diners away, but the inside is lovely. It is only 1 block from most of the theaters. The service is amazing, and the food was special. We ordered the appetizer special, which consisted of ten small plates at $20 per person, but was more than enough for three. We then ordered several other dishes. Everything was delicious. Don't forget the end, to die for.Special Features:
- Hidden GemelemengeeDined on 9/20/2014If it were not for my restaurant.com certificate and our matinee two blocks away, I would never have come to this restaurant. It is situated in the middle of the block and has an unimpressive facade, but I was pleasantly surprised. The food is excellent--everything was nicely seasoned with subtle but exotic spices and everything was delicious. I would definitely go back with or without a restaurant.com certificate and everything is reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Can't beat the location!LorraineVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had dinner here before attending a show and were very pleased that we had. The Mediterranean themed menu is a nice change from the other available dining spots in the area. The food is plentiful and quite delicious. The copper topped bar is very pretty and would be a nice spot to stop for a cocktail as well. Give it a try!Special Features:
- A quaint restaurant among the noisePaulaDined on 9/10/2014If you enjoy tapas and a good glass of Merlot for $5, this is place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Pre-TheaterLevy4njDined on 9/9/2014We had several small plate dishes before the 7 pm show and thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Had escargot (first time ever in the shell), foie gras, hummus platter, lamb sausage and more. Food was fresh, flavorful and delicious. The cappuccino was also well done. Their wine list was also very nice. They had a Montelpuchiano red for me so I was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater district treatDissapointedDined on 8/31/2014Looking for something other than the usual grill or Italian fare this Mediterranean restaurant was a treat. the food was tasty and the service was attentive but not overbearing. Great value for midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014L'Ybane serves excellent starters/mezze, notably excellent calamari and falafel. And we thoroughly enjoyed their spicy merguez sausages. We wish we had a restaurant with this menu in our home community.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeyumkoDined on 8/30/2014We ate here to kick off our friends 30th and it was awesome. The food was amazing and reasonably priced. The atmosphere was great and the service was good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location for bite before showannpeterDined on 8/30/2014Not disappointed that we chose this restaurant before attending a show in the Times Square area but not considering it a repeat. The food was good but not at all special. The ambiance was pleasant but not memorable. The service was below par even though we were dining just before the pre-show rush. Would not recommend this.Special Features:
- After show dinnerCandLVIPDined on 8/27/2014Very pleasant experience. Arrived just before 10 PM and had a nice, unrushed meal. Service was friendly and professional. The food was good.
- Yummy mediterranean appetizers3rdtimeabustDined on 8/27/2014The food was outstanding! My friend and I got the 10 appetizers for $20 each. So delicious and so much food- could not finish it all. What a deal for $20 a person! The waiter was wonderful! When I go back to New York, I will be sure to get back to L'ybane!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle-Eastern with a French FlairOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014Three of us thoroughly enjoyed a delightful and varied dinner of several shared small plates: Eggplant L'ybane, Lamb Sausages, Falafel, Hummus, Spicy Beans, and Meatballs with Potatoes. These dishes are accompanied by delicious, warm pita bread cut into wedges for easy dipping and filling. There's a nice wine selection; we were pleased with the Malbec we ordered. Happy Hour drink pricing is offered every day at the bar, where you can order off the full menu. L'ybane's bar and dining area remind us of French bistros. If you have kids in your party, don't be dissuaded by the front-area bar. If the kids like Middle-Eastern food or are willing to try it (hey, it's fun to scope up hummus with pita wedges), the dining area seems kid-friendly.Special Features:
- Food great service notbulldog83Dined on 8/15/2014The food was very good and plentiful but the server seemed to want to be anyplace but there.didn't ask if we wanted anything to drink for a starter and through the evening while not rude was not a great advertisement for the place.host was very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our needsJosef3Dined on 8/13/2014WE were headed to a show and this nearby gem was perfect in every way: Menu, taste, cost, service, location, and setting. We could not have done better at twice the price!Special Features:
- Cousins Meet for DinnerJGCTDined on 8/9/2014The six of us ate, drank, and talked until it was evening show time. Beers on tap and respectable wine list. The food and service were good too. Water glasses refilled in a timely fashion and a good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour Hour and FoodTastingTDined on 8/1/2014Fantastic Happy Hour for Manhattan and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our Kind of RestaurantFunkyFuturistVIPDined on 7/27/2014Paper napkins. Escargots served with toothpicks. You have to ask for bread. These are not characteristics of a fine restaurant. If I'm going to pay $75 for a meal for two, I want a minimum level of luxury and professionalism. The food was pretty good. When I could dig them out, I enjoyed the escargots and the grilled asparagus was also good. But the icing on the cake was that my husband was up much of the night with heartburn. Finally, maybe we were there on a particularly crowded night, but you had to really shout to be heard. I even cancelled the reservation at La Carafe, their sister restaurant, because there were at least on-third of the same items in the two menus.Special Features:
- The following 266 reviews are from the L'ybane reviews archive.
- not recommendedBroadwayloverVIPDined on 7/26/2014The noise level prevented any normal conversation. Tables were too close together. Server was unpleasant and uninterested. A real disappointment. Food was OK, but service was poor. Will not be back.
- Good food, great service, interestiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014OUr waiter was wonderful. Really helped explain the menu and talked about the special prices in effect for the menu that night. The food was good - particularly the vegetarian appetizers.
- FoodFan18VIPDined on 7/9/2014Good food at affordable prices. It is very convenient to the theaters for a good pre-theater or after a matinee early dinner. We never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go here for decent service!dinergirlDined on 7/9/2014We were entertaining clients and had a 2pm matinee. We picked this restaurant because of it's proximity to the theater. They have a nice menu, and we took our time selecting dishes and put our order in around 12:25pm. Our iced coffees and teas came pre-sweetened and we asked for unsweetened drinks instead, which did not sit well with the waitress and it was downhill from there. We sat for about an hour before our new drinks came out! A soup and one salad came out after another 30 minutes. The rest of the food arrived at 1:30pm, giving us little time to eat. Forget about ordering coffee or dessert. We tried our best to convey our needs to the waitress, although we can't figure out why things took so long to come out.
- Nice experiencesheeshDined on 7/2/2014Recommended by a friend and found L'ybane to be a moderately priced restaurant that is good for lunch or dinner. It was extremely convenient to the Kinky Boots show, so our group of six was thrilled to be so close, especially as it was a rainy night. Would definitely consider returning when we are in the theater district again, as all of us were very pleased with the food, atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backDianeJDined on 7/2/2014I brought a friend for the first time and the restaurant has yet another fan. We'll both be back.Special Features:
- Second timemimaDined on 7/2/2014Took friends who are skittish about new foods and they liked it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and varied menuRededDined on 7/1/2014We were quite pleased with our visit to this restaurant. The staff was pleasant and accomodating. The menu was varied though limited. The food was prepared well and tasted great. Service was a little slow but worth waiting for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RavenDined on 6/30/2014The food was a little disappointing; bland in general. Meatballs were dry and seemed to be of poor quality.Special Features:
- Refreshing taste from seaHanaVIPDined on 6/28/2014The steamed mussels were really fresh and tasty. You can get sweet juice and tender meat from those shells and the garlic and wine just add to the inviting taste. Good portion for an appetizer. The main dish a combo of beef and chicken skewer was delicious. A good place to try something Mediterranean in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lebanese foodChowHoundVIPDined on 6/26/2014Excellent selection of Lebanese dishes, large, and tapas.Special Features: