177 Vanderbilt Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11205Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://luzrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7182464000
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm -
Thursday- Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, South American
- Executive Chef: Jorge Adriazola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from LUZ
“The Role of the restaurant is to restore the guest” Food is still our ritual relaxation (a break in the working day), our chance to choose companions and talk to them, the excuse to recreate our humanity as well as our strength, and to renew our relationships. Open since the fall of 2005, Luz is a neighborhod restaurant serving modern Latin American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LUZ reviews from OpenTable diners
- Where was the manager?MichelinDined on 6/8/2013The first time was a hit and we recommended the place to our friends and neighbors, We went there again 2 days ago to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. The music inside was deafening. so we decided to sit outside. The waitress, a young student we guessed, was completely incompetent. She didn't know the menu, she brought my nice-dressed girl friend a beer bottle and asked her if she wants a glass, my classy looking girlfriend was chocked, she sent her an ice cold `yes please`. As soon our meal was brought ind to our table,the young waitress came to ask `is everything OK?` Our answer was `come later, we'll tell you` She never came back to ask. Appetizer was OK, no more, the entree was fairly good.Special Features:
- Can't miss latin foodBrynVIPDined on 6/1/2013Well conceived and prepared dishes, with interesting variations on traditional offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A happy Mothers daylovegoodfoodDined on 5/12/2013We had eaten there about 2 years ago, and thought it was ok, but not great. We gave it another try pretty much because it was mothers day, we were 8 people, and they could give us a reservation. We were VERY plelantly surprised! Everything we had was delicious, the peruvian chicken a favorite! The atmosphere was lively and we all had a great time. We will definately go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative chefOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2013We went to LUZ on a recommendation from a friend. The food was delicious and the presentation was creative. Great Latin flavors combine to create unique dishes. Nice clean restaurant with good service. A bit expensive for the neighborhood but you get what you pay for. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okay but the ambianceMirandaVIPDined on 5/5/2013Food was okay but the ambiance was really underwhelming -- the photos online definitely did not represent reality. Mediocre all around.
- favorite "go-to" restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013one of my favorite "go-to" spots for a reliable meal.Special Features:
- I've had dinner twice at LuzOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013I've had dinner twice at Luz and love the food! The frozen margueritas and the Luz Colada are delicious! Thanks so much!Special Features:
- Small and PersonalYum4FunDined on 4/7/2013I came here with a large group of 15+ on 4/8/2013 for my husbands birthday and the staff was excellent.Special Features:
- I showed up at Luz with aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2013I showed up at Luz with a reservation from Open table only to be told that they do not have the reservation. When I showed them the email which confirmed the reservation they still were unwilling to give us a table even though there were a few spots which I noted to be free. I assume this is something between Open Table and Luz but I got caught in the middle and my night was ruined. Thanks luz and thanks Open table.
- We were pleasantly surprisedmangebienDined on 2/20/2013We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and creativity of the food. The roasted chicken was beautifully done and the arepas were light and delicious. There was a good veg option in the quinoa timbal. Very pleasant space, helpful and friendly service. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Went to LUZ for NYE and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/31/2012Went to LUZ for NYE and had an enjoyable time with friends. The food was great and so were the drinks! I loved the mango mojito. The staff was friendly. The venue is quite cozy, so not too good for large groups, but perfect for smaller groups. Be sure to call the restaurant to confirm reservations, there can be some confusion with it. Overall, I was pleased and will be going back.Special Features:
- It was my birthday and wesatisfiedVIPDined on 12/9/2012It was my birthday and we chose Luz for dinner. Huge mistake! Food was mediocre and service was absolutely terrible, they acted as if they were bothered when asked for water or the check. We will not return or recommend, although i must be honest the rotiserrie chicken was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- The dinner was very well presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2012The dinner was very well presented and prepared I just wish the menu was a little more extensive but the desert menu and deserts were fabulous!Special Features:
- Luz never fails to deliverWellseasonedVIPDined on 11/30/2012Luz never fails to deliver terrific food and cocktails. We have been a number of times, and it never fails to deliver. Except this time the service was dreadful -- a nice enough young waiter, but he was incompetent, making it somewhat difficult to completely enjoy ourselves. It is that simple.
- A very low-keyed place withOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2012A very low-keyed place with good tasty food. Yummy ceviche.
- Disappointed by serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012Service was very slow. Waited over an hour for most of the food, and then they forgot one of the entrees. We were rarely checked on my the waitress. I enjoyed the ambiance and the food selection but was very disappointed my the service I was hoping to make this a regular spot.Special Features:
- Great spot, went I'm Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Great spot, went I'm Mother's day enjoyed the food and drinks, will definately go back againSpecial Features:
- Food was really good. My husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/4/2012Food was really good. My husband got the filet mignon and shrimp chowder which were both amazing; I had the salmon which was pretty good. Tres Leches for dessert - yummy! Unfortunately, the service was mediocre as was the ambiance. It was way too loud.
- Amazing food experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Amazing food experience. THe chicken is a MUST try! Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC LATIN FOOD!! PiscoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2012FANTASTIC LATIN FOOD!! Pisco sours are unusual. It is a liquor you cannot find at a typical bar. Great find.Special Features:
- THE FOOD AND SERVICE WEREOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2012THE FOOD AND SERVICE WERE GOOD. THEY ACCOMDATED MY CHILDREN WHICH WAS GREAT. THEY ALSO ENJOYED THE FOOD.Special Features: