Luxe Restaurant and Bar
24582 Del Prado Avenue
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Luxe Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luxedanapoint.com/
- Phone: 9492764990
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Lunch: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Nightly Dinner: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Abraham Naba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Luxe offers onsite and off premise catering for several types of fare not limited to menu items.
- Private Party Facilities: Luxe can be rented for private functions up to 100 and has a private room that can accommodate up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Cindy Monroe 9492764990
- Entertainment: Coming soon!
A word from Luxe Restaurant and Bar
Luxe features small plates as well as entrees and specializes in fresh fruit martinis. Luxe also offers wine, Draft & bottled beers. Happy Hour is offered at the large U-shaped bar 7 days a week from 3pm until 7pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Luxe Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- FoodMusicFunVIPDined on 5/31/2014What delicious food and great service! Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luxe: Thumbs up!dtabassDined on 3/14/2014I took a visitor from Berlin with me to Luxe the other night - hadn't been there yet but wanted to check it out after hearing good things from others. We thoroughly enjoyed it! The staff we friendly and attentive, and there was a wide selection of food and drink options; also excellent live entertainment (JT Douglas). The menu has both small plates and regular-sized selections; fun to have that option and we went with small plates, all of which were really excellent. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but lacks ambianceAmyd31Dined on 1/31/2014We all liked most of the dishes we ordered which included... Ossobuco ravioli (very good), meatball sliders (great), meatballs (good), chicken lettuce wraps (good but not great), Insalata di Caprese (not a favorite at all). The menu had a really nice variety. Our server was very friendly. The only thing lacking for me was the overall ambiance. I felt like they tried to redo a divvy bar and make it a chic restaurant but it lacked the chic. I did not like how the main seating felt like a tiny corner of the restaurant. The couch area seemed strange and the bar huge and over powering. I certainly liked the food but I am not sure I'd go back soon.
- Luxe-not exactly!DrMusicDined on 1/21/2014Sometimes I like Luxe, sometimes I don't. The food is pretty good, although unimaginative. The real problem I have is with the service. Only once did I have great service. Usually we stand there and no hostess greets us, while the bartenders are too busy watching the game on the big screen. The bartenders seem snotty and too good to actually give service at a table. The owner's wife warmly greeted "regulars" while ignoring our table this past time. One time the waitress actually seemed to forget that I was seated. After 20 minutes or so I moved to the bar where at least I could be seen. There really is no point in making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveJustfloatinDined on 12/31/2013A nice find for a local place to spend New Years Eve. Live music, great food, and superb service. I will be here next New Year’s Eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun first nightBettyVIPDined on 10/9/2013First night in nearby Capistrano beach, and ventured here with 2 adult children. Good Martini's, nice quiet corner spot where we could talk and still have live music in background at Bar. Good selection of small plates to share. Good, friendly service but not overbearing. Out of dessert I wanted that looked different and was listed first so I thought it was their signature dessert. Nice that there was a parking garage behind restaurant. Parking in southern Cal. is always a bit of a challenge. Would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flatbread was one of ghe bestEliasVIPDined on 9/13/2013Flatbread was one of ghe best including several trips to Italy. Meetball sliders are gems. Limoncello sorbet fantastic.Special Features:
- Everything was great untilOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2013Everything was great until we got our food. The presentation was great however the there wasn't much flavor. We releluctanty ordered dessert and weren't to surprised with the outcome. It's kind of a bummer bc everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luxe deliversksb48VIPDined on 8/17/2013Drinks are good with fresh ingredients (mojito/martinis) and generously poured. Soups are wonderful. We ordered off small plate menu and shared. Live music is a bonus....cool spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Small Plate Wine BarOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2013While the sound of its name may conjure images of tuxedos and high heels, Luxe is actually a casual wine bar and restaurant in Dana Point, which offers numerous small plates at good prices and does not try to be pretentious with the relatively limited entrees (quality trumping number of entrees). Particularly at happy hour, prices are excellent -- two of us ate all we wanted plus wine for $40 including tips -- and the selection is large enough to suit about everybody in any crowd. Food quality is very high, and more what somebody would expect from a celebrity-chef type of restaurant than a local eatery. It is good, and it is a bargain. Hard to beat that.Special Features:
- Wonderful FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2013Loved the menu, the service at the bar and the live entertainment. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceTKlikestoeatDined on 4/13/2013Great food and great service - only distraction was Pandora Music Station that went from music to commercials - kind of weird for a bar/restaurantSpecial Features:
- Food was all very goodWaiterpickyVIPDined on 4/13/2013Food was all very goodWaiter made good suggestionsSpecial Features:
- Food and atmosphere were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Food and atmosphere were great but the service wasn't so great.
- Spectacular ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2013Decided late to go out on Valentine's Day and Luxe had a table available at 8, We went a little early and were seated right away. Ordered cocktails (the cucumber martini was great!) and split a wedge salad. So we were about a third of the way through our cocktails and not quite done with the salads when our entrees came out. We were so annoyed. That is my biggest pet peeve about restaurants. So why does Luxe get a 5? Because the owner (Jimmy) saw our distress and came over to find out what was wrong. Once he understood, he insisted on having the entrees taken away and redoing them when we were ready. How amazing is that? We ordered a bottle of wine and relaxed.Special Features:
- We had a very nice experiencesunsetpattyVIPDined on 12/29/2012We had a very nice experience but were disappointed that the restaurant reported us as a "no show" to Open Table. Fortunately we were able to correct this.Special Features:
- Just too nois. We wanted toJonesVIPDined on 10/27/2012Just too nois. We wanted to visit and could not over the noise of the band.
- Lived in SF for 10 years andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Lived in SF for 10 years and NYC for 3....this restaurant reminded my husband and I of our city nights with the fresh air of the ocean right outside the door. Doesn't get any better...we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our salad and ourSusanVIPDined on 8/16/2012Enjoyed our salad and our veggies; didn't care for the main dishes. The ravioli came fried, which was not mentioned in the menu; we would not have ordered it if we'd known. The Cornish game hen was disappointing too. We might go again sometime, as it's geographically desirable, but would probably stick to salads & side dishes.
- Food is very very good ThepickyVIPDined on 8/7/2012Food is very very good The small plates are a great deal and some are not even small Wait staff are a little too busy talk to each other or to friends @ the bar & need to look around more I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- First time to Luxe. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2012First time to Luxe. Very good menu - lots of choices. Nice looking restaurant, big bar, good entertainment.Special Features:
- Highly Recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/29/2012We love this place. The food is great. Very unique and creative dishes. The wait staff is very attentive, knowledgable and enthusiastic about each dish. It's our "go to" for our Friday night date night. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- We will definitely be backJohnVIPDined on 6/10/2012We will definitely be back with friends.The waitress was very helpful with my dietary restrictions.I have Celiac, gluten intolerance.Special Features:
- Food and service were outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Food and service were outstanding but music a little loud. But my wife thought every thing was fine. Next time I'll sit outside this summer it will be a little quieter.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood Gem! WeLuv2DineOutDined on 4/23/2012A Neighborhood Gem! We LOVE the small plates especially when each plate is well presented and delicious! Truly a neighborhood gem; we will be back often......Special Features:
- Fabulous cocktails, made withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2012Fabulous cocktails, made with muddled fruit and no short cuts, food was delicous and service excellent! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- We like to converse when weOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2012We like to converse when we go out to dinner. This restaurant is quiet - and the food is divine. The service is excellent, and we would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Overall our Luxe experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Overall our Luxe experience was great. Inviting atmosphere, attentive staff, and good food make Luxe a place we'll visit again. In fact, the bar was so pleasant we ended up having our meal there instead of moving to a table. Jazz trio in the background, nice aesthetics, and good vibe overall make Luxe a great local option for us. Thank you Luxe for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Food was absolutely deliciousFoodMusicFunVIPDined on 3/23/2012Food was absolutely delicious - the small plate menu is varied and beautifully presented. Srevice is outstanding.Special Features:
- This is a great spot to meetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012This is a great spot to meet with friends for dinner. Their food and drink prices are high! Try and share a meal and go from there. Some plates are large and some are small. Happy Hour pricing is a lot better! Go then. Food tastes very good!Special Features:
- A wonderful first impressions,FoodMusicFunVIPDined on 3/9/2012A wonderful first impressions, delicious food, great service! The small plate menu is extensive and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Food. CreativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012Fantastic Food. Creative cocktails and good wine list.Special Features:
- Valentines evening was chaotic.GastroVIPDined on 2/14/2012Valentines evening was chaotic. They were late with our reservation, the food took way too long to come out, the tomato soup had way way too much chili pepper in it, the salmon/shrimp was tasetless, and the waiter was reluctantly obliging.Special Features:
- Small plate venue. Two ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Small plate venue. Two of six were bad, two were fair, two were yummy. Great atmosphere. Live Sax on Valentine's Day. Unexpectedly nice ambience.Special Features:
- Ginger martini was special.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Ginger martini was special. Roving sax player was excellent. Very nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Luxe was the perfect dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012Luxe was the perfect date night for my wife and I. We loved the live jazz music, creative martini list and "small" plates food selection.Special Features:
- The fresh martinis were creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2012The fresh martinis were creative and delicious. Order tapas and share, lots of different options, stuffed mushrooms were a favorite. Service was superb, server was bright and charming, recommend great options and made the experience delightful overall. Cool lighting and decor, definitely a neat place to try!Special Features:
- We were given a private roomOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2011We were given a private room for the eight of us. It was great. Food and wine and great friends. Were able to carry on conversations without yelling, unlike some restaurants. Tuesday is "no corkage fee" night just as long as the wine you bring isn't on their list. YIPPE
- Enjoyed their Specialty MartiniLoboVIPDined on 10/26/2011Enjoyed their Specialty Martini Menu! Also fun place to go with a group...excellent tasting menu for sharing and trying lots of different plates.Special Features:
- Manager needs to dress moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011Manager needs to dress more appropriately. Too much breast. Service staff was very knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features: