LUX Steakhouse & Bar
10150- 101 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 4G8Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
LUX Steakhouse & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luxsteak.com/
- Phone: 7804240400x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday @ 11am
Saturdays @ 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Corporate Chef- Paul Shufelt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full hand tailored catering services are offered through our sister company, Century Catering & Event Planning, 780-424-0702 x 201
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room accommodates up to 30 people for dinner or 50 people for a stand-up social mixer. We also have two other areas located in our dining room that are semi private that accommodate up to 40 people for a sit down meal. These spaces can be combined for a large stand-up social area for up to 100 people. Entire restaurant & bar book outs are available (perfect for weddings and large corporate gatherings).
- Private Party Contact: Jillian Domes (780)424-0400x
- Entertainment: Urban house beats nightly with live DJ spinning Thursdays in the LUX Lounge.
- Special Events: Please visit our website for upcoming events and promotions
- Cross Street: Commerce Place
- Public Transit: LUX is directly adjacent to the major bus routes along Jasper Avenue and sits right above the Central LRT (Light Rail Transit) station, with linking stops at Commonwealth Stadium, Rexall Place, University of Alberta and Health Sciences Centre.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Plenty of secure underground heated parking is available directly beneath LUX Steakhouse & Bar (only $3 after 6pm M-F). Additionally, there are numerous meter spots on all surrounding streets as well as 3 additional secure underground parkades that are all connected by the downtown Pedway system.
A word from LUX Steakhouse & Bar
Century Hospitality Group has 'raised the steaks' with the unveiling of LUX Steakhouse & Bar. Located in the heart of downtown, diners at this upscale urban steakhouse enjoy a hip, refined design and a menu that would do any traditional steakhouse proud. The atmosphere is pure modern day elegance with its vibrant colours, rich fabrics and darkly stained woods. Chef Tony Le will have your taste buds dancing with his numerous innovative creations, far from ordinary steakhouse fare. Not just satisfied with providing Edmontonians with a great dining experience, the team at LUX set about 'raising the bar', offering guests a finer place to sit, sip & socialize. The rich tones, soft fabrics, stunning millwork and feature waterfall wall make the LUX Bar a definite destination for the business traveller and Edmonton's social network. In addition to housing a NY style long bar, guests can enjoy the full steakhouse menu and wash it down with a hefty selection of refined libations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
LUX Steakhouse & Bar - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
LUX Steakhouse & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)good for groups (29)romantic (28)great for lunch (26)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (16)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The server was too busy and when informed about our conerns he defended the style of cooking rather than our concerns. The steak was salty due to the butter. We asked for our food to be packed but after the bill was paid we never received them or any attention. For the price we paid I was disappointed and was really looking forward as it was a night out with my wifeSpecial Features:
- Great Cobb SaladHappyDinerVIPDined on 10/20/2014Love the deconstructed Cobb salad here. Great for business or catching up with a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and nice eveningRodedmDined on 10/18/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience. The portions were ample and the prices reasonable given the quality of the meal. It was terrific to have steaks cooked exactly as ordered and even better to be able to enjoy a steak cooked to well done while still retaining its moisture and flavour. We would happily dine here again.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful lunch experienceJasmineDined on 10/8/2014We enjoyed our special lunch. It was a pleasure to once again enjoy the daily special and a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hype didn't measure upget2gooutDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was very nice inside. Interesting mix of people as well dinning there. The food was a let down for the price and hype though. I had the surf and turf and my husband had the lollipop steak. We were both underwhelmed with our meals and dessert of crème brulee and the chocolate cake. My meal seemed to lack flavor all around. I would just buy a steak from the ranch they get there's from and cook it at home myself and make my own sides to go with it. I left feeling disappointed that I didn't have the great meal I was expecting. Though the service was great and the staff were friendly.Special Features:
- StellaDined on 10/2/2014The service - outstanding, the food was very good, a little on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyedAprilBDined on 9/27/2014This was a first time visit to Lux for myself, my boyfriend, and my mother. It was a great evening of visiting, delicious food, great service, and large servings of food/desert. The best steak tartar I have had in the city and largest desert serving I have ever seen is such a fancy restaurant. Will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KcichDined on 9/26/2014Great service, cool vibe, excellent food with some fantastic options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great !TranquilidDined on 9/20/2014The staff was great and very professional . The place is clean and romantic . Very fitting for down town . The waitress was great . Being the vegan of the group, they even made me a salad very off the menu , as it is a steakhouse . The prices are high but on par with an upper class steak house . Steak was perfect and the burger was crazy big and the vegetarian "where's the beef" ( not vegan ) was perfect . I was happy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotMasonDined on 9/17/2014Great service, terrific starters (especially the salmon), crisp salad, and terrific steaks. The service was extremely good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicetwodineDined on 9/15/2014The service was great, our waiter answered every question and was very friendly, the food is good but a little bit pricey. The coconut dessert was excellent, Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Jeeta1000Dined on 9/13/2014The service was outstanding , food was amazing. the only issue was we had to wait for a very long time for our dinner. i will reccomand that one has to have a lot of time to visit this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/10/2014It was an OK steak. Flavours just not there. OK but nothing special
- RebeccaMBDined on 9/2/2014Have always had a great meal here, love the atomosphere as well.Special Features:
- MargaretVIPDined on 8/28/2014very good --local steaks and glad it wasn't a chain!!Special Features:
- Just incredible.MegzergDined on 8/22/2014I've always been a fan of Lux. They went above and beyond recently when I took my fiancé there for her birthday. I had reserved through open table and included notes on it. When we arrived, we were seated and greeted by our server with a "so I hear we are having a birthday". I was surprised they read the notes... The rest of the night was magic, the service was amazing, they were attentive and the food was amazing. The chef came out and asked if there were any allergies as he was preparing us a special, off the menu, dessert just for my fiancés birthday. With that night, they have won my loyalty. I won't go anywhere else.Special Features:
- BJMCDined on 8/21/2014A little pricey for quantity and quality There was 6 in our party so a variety of food was ordered some bland but some great flavoured dishes Mixed reviews from people in our party The poor waitress was taking care of many tables, that came in around the same times, by herself so service was a little slow but we weren't in a rushSpecial Features:
- Where did everybody go?buckfergusVIPDined on 8/15/2014It's Friday noon and the place is dead. What happened?
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I spent over a week looking for a romantic place for my wife's birthday. Pictures online seemed like a romantic spot, and the menu looked great. What I wasn't expecting was the fantastic service we received. Everybody, waiters, host, even someone who looked like the owner came and checked up on us repeatedly. They gave us real advice. The chef heard that it was our first time eating lobster, and came out personally to ask how we were, how it was, and to say happy birthday to my wife. They even gave us birthday cake at the end on the house by surprise. Everyone there made us feel genuinely welcome, gave heartfelt recommendations, and made our night really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!Pink342Dined on 8/6/2014Been coming for years and still my favorite restaurant in Edmonton...never disappointing:) Food, service and ambiance are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed our late evening meal. Romantic and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Will be back againhappy4everDined on 7/26/2014We were there 6 months ago and it was a really bad night for us. We have been going there for many years so I decided to gave them another chance. It was out 30th wedding anniversary and I wanted to make sure that everything would go well. I talked to one the manager the night before and told him how important this night was. I didn't expect to have such a great night. The food was excellent and our waiter Paris was excellent. I found out that they have a new district manager and I could tell you that we will remembered this night for a very long time.Special Features:
- LunchJasmineDined on 7/23/2014My friend and I do lunch at Lux one Wed per month because we both enjoy the special - liver and onions. We have enjoyed this on several occasions. I don't believe that liver should be served raw or rare and oozing blood. We were sorely disappointed on this occasion by the severely undercooked liver we were served. We will try the special again next month and are hoping there is not a repeat performance. Lux was kind enough to remove it from our bill and return it to the kitchen but unfortunately we did not have time to reorder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome customer service!goodfoodDined on 7/18/2014We had an awesome experience with Lux, we arrived and were greated by the hostess as well as the chef. Our server was very attentive to detail and polite. Out water glasses were never empty. The food was awesome and the the chef even bought one of us dessert!Special Features:
- Good steakhouseJWK69Dined on 7/16/2014I picked Lux from OpenTable reviews and having seen an advertisement for it. It was dimly lit, nicely appointed, classic steakhouse. Wine list was pretty decent, though my first choice was no longer available and the suggested substitute was no really on par (not to mention the cork was dry, calling into question their storage techniques). All in my party enjoyed their entrees (chicken, ribeye, surf n' turf). Lobster truffle mac n' cheese was outstanding. The carrot cake dessert, while a huge piece of cake, disappointed. The cake part was good, but the frosting was not. Recommend the coconut pie instead.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was great and the service was even better. Wish I had remembered my waitresses name, but she was very knowledgeable about the menu. My steak was done perfect. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The worst service, downtown YEGYEGfoodguyDined on 7/10/2014I am not normally one to write reviews, however my service at LUX was worth sharing. We went mid luch hour so we expected it to be busy, we did not however expect to wait 20 min for the server to take our drink order, and another 10 min for the drinks to arrive. When they got to our table 2 of the drinks were not correct, and they didnt bring a glass for my wine. After waiting yet again my wine glass was brought to my table - the other 2 drinks were never replaced though, apparently you drink what you are given there - not what you order. In all fairness the food arrived quickly and was decent. When it was time for the bill to arrive another 15 min were spent waiting for it to be split up by the server, and another wait to pay.
- Excellent!Pillin25Dined on 6/30/2014We were looking for a place that actually takes care gluten free stuff / celiac disease. This place it's the perfect place for it!!! Two thumbs all the way up!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 530 reviews are from the LUX Steakhouse & Bar reviews archive.
- Only use Lux as lunch destinationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Nice place, good food, good people, good menu......Special Features:
- Back to being great!buckfergusVIPDined on 6/12/2014I'm so glad that LUX has returned to its outstanding caliber. Great food and service, and all in an hour, makes this an excellent choice for a downtown business lunch. The general manager even stopped by to make sure everything was okay. Nice to see.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Don't have much more of a review, love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was cooked to perfection!ShelbyDined on 5/30/2014Typically restaurants have a hard time getting a steak cooked to medium-well but they did an excellent job...it tasted great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special wasn't so specialbuckfergusVIPDined on 5/29/2014I need to trust my instinct and not be swayed by the waitstaff's exuberant promotion of the daily special. The smoked salmon on miniature English muffin was not special at all. The smokey-onion taste was overpowering; the portion mercifully small. Service was slow for a downtown lunch venue. They need to remember that people work downtown and can't take 2-hour lunches. The guys next to us actually left because it was taking so long for them to place their order. I think they need to hire more waitstaff.
- Good experience!GouletpDined on 5/20/2014When we showed it it was later, so the tables were empty, it was quiet, service was great, wine was excellent food was delicious. Overall it was a good first date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceVictory88Dined on 5/16/2014Great daily specials, food is very tasty and light, great for business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day 2014JoshDined on 5/11/2014We took in the annual Mothers Day brunch at Lux. It was a fantastic buffet with a wide variety of options. The service was excellent and our son's allergies were accommodated very well. We look forward to our next dinner at Lux!Special Features:
- Place to get the Steak SandwichEngBeanCounterDined on 5/7/2014The Steak Sandwich is the go to item on the menu. Have to figure out which day is the fish and chips feature. Missed it on this outing. Was pretty noisy for the business lunch conversation we needed to have.Special Features:
- Starting to slipbuckfergusVIPDined on 5/6/2014This used to be my favourite restaurant for lunch. Great food, great service that always made me feel welcome, and I could be done within an hour. But lately the food has been a bit off and the service less reliable. Hope they turn it around soon.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014I have been to Lux many times for after-work drinks but this was my first dining experience. The staff were extremely helpful and professional and the food was outstanding. Would love to return - of course, you pay for what you get.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I have been to your restaurant several times. I have to admit this was my least favourite experience. My family and I brought my grandma for her 90th birthday so she had never been. We did not have great service, EXTREMELY slow. Our drinks were constantly empty and if one of us asked for a refill she would be gone in a second before the other people with empty drinks could ask for a refill as well. I like your restaurant but for the price of our dinner I definitely expect better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.