Lushan China Bistro & Lounge
2 S. 4th Street
Lafayette, IN 47901Neighborhood:
Lafayette / West Lafayette
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lushan China Bistro & Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bluefinbistro.com/
- Phone: 7657426600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Closed The patio Lunch: Mon - Fri 11:00 - 2:00 pm Dinner: Sun - Wed 5:00 pm to 12:00 am Thur - Sat 5:00 pm - 2:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for large party inquires.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 765-742-6600
- Entertainment: Live Music On the weekends our diners may now enjoy live music performances by local artists Deb Baker and Jeff Anderson.
A word from Lushan China Bistro & Lounge
Lushan China Bistro & Lounge is Lafayette's premier fusion eatery, boasting bold, exciting and creative nouveau blends. Diners may enjoy themselves in the central dining room, and upscale yet unpretentious surrounding with superb ambiance or the lounge area, which offers a fully stocked bar with an extensive wine list spanning three continents in addition to fine wines out of Napa Valley. On weekends our diners may now enjoy live music performances by local artist Deb Baker and Jeff Anderson. For lunch, we now offer 2 sushi rolls of your choice for $7.95 or 3 rolls for $9.95 along with a complimentary miso soup. Our dinner sushi special includes one pound of snow crab and unlimited sushi rolls for $20.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lushan China Bistro & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Decent but lacking a punchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013The sushi tasted great but a couple elements of the experience felt off. For example, the restaurant, which has recently changed its name form Bluefin Bistro, lacks a complete-feeling decore. My party ate in the "Patio" area, which had nice decor, but the dining room looked odly empty. I would still recommend the restaurant as the one of the few nice restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soScottsDined on 5/4/2013My chicken dish did not live up to the description and one of the ingredients was missing without apology. My husband's Mongolian Beef was a little better.
- Lushan used to be BluefinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Lushan used to be Bluefin Bistro and The Patio -- I'm from the area and recently moved home and wanted to see the changes in the new place. We were pleasantly surprised to see the menu hadn't changed much and the food quality was the same. We came with a group of 6 and they automatically charged us a 20% tip for a large group. We found this to be ridiculous as the restaurant wasn't overly busy and it is typical to do this with a group of 8 or more, not 6. Coming from Chicago we understand gratuity and service but the service in this case wasn't great and we didn't appreciate being forced into the gratuity for a smaller group. This is NOT typical of other nice restaurants in the area.
- It's great that this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013It's great that this restaurant is still going. The menu is similar to when it was Blue Fin, but with some great additions. The sushi was good, but the Volcano Roll was definitely not like the Volcano Roll I've had before. It was not really a roll but more like rice with ingredients in an aluminum foil package set on fire. Perhaps a new version of it? Still very tasty!Special Features:
- Okay; not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013The lettuce in the lettuce wraps was probably the same as their wedge salad, and as such, the lettuce leaves were not really big enough to serve as wraps. The chicken mango was average at best. Fairly bland and unexciting. I will probably try again, but will order something different.
- Great Findbeckyis2Dined on 3/8/2013What a great find. We were just passing through and found this on open table. It was good enough to make it a destination.Special Features:
- Decent for opening night.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The review may be a little harsh since I dined on opening day (valentines day) and it was at full capacity. The decor was nice and the menu was average for a sushi bistro. We decided to get the lobster tower and it did take 1.5 hours till we ate. The rolls were good however some of the cooked ones were getting cold and the lobster had minimal meat and was very difficult to eat. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt since it was their first night.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Outstanding atmosphere. Nice young man named Aaron waited on us; a consummate professional.Special Features:
- DissatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013I booked my reservation and got return confirmation to arrive and find the restraunt was under construction. I was very displeased as I was taking a customer to dinner.
- First time trying... going again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012Fantastic! My lady wanted to have a special night all about her (although she let me pick the movie... the hobbit!!)and bluefin was the perfect place. It was a quiet night, felt very at ease. Our waiter was perhaps a tad too quick, didn't let us relax as long as I wanted, but he was very obliging when we took awhile. The sushi rolls are the best in Lafayette (I recommend trying the ones that come out on fire) and although it was a seafood specialty restaurant,the filet was fantastic as well. We'll be back.Special Features:
- This is the second time iveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012This is the second time ive been to this restaurant. The food was astounding and presented extremely well. The menu was diverse and the ambiance was perfect for a romantic dinner by candlelight.Special Features:
- We have visited Bluefin severalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2012We have visited Bluefin several times, always pleased.Special Features:
- Took my boyfriend for hisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012Took my boyfriend for his 21st birthday! Great service and our waitress was outstanding! Couldn't have gone to a better place to celebrate his special birthday. Also our waitress really made us feel welcomed and accommodated us very well. the all you can eat sushi, amazing! Thanks for an awesome time Blue Fin!Special Features:
- Long time between appetizerpartnerfoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2012Long time between appetizer and main course...portions very ampleSpecial Features:
- one suprise party dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012I had a surprise party for my husband last Saturday the hostess sitting us on our entry ,me kids and hisband goes Oh! Barbara party of 11, well there goes my surprise! Next we had a great accomodations and friendly stuff but our waitress was rather slow. I understand getting mixed drinks from the bar may be delayed but getting a bottle of wine should never be a hurdle! Food would have been awesome should it come out in time and some supposed to be hot dishes were already cold. I think Blue Fin has a potential to be a great addition to downtown Lafayette ( not vibrant scene as is) but they need to improve service and timing!
- Met at Bluefin for a smallGingerDined on 9/30/2012Met at Bluefin for a small baby shower celebration, and had a fabulous time -- great food, wonderful service, and perfect ambience.Special Features:
- Excellent food, speciallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Excellent food, specially the sushi and great priceSpecial Features:
- If you like Sushi, this isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012If you like Sushi, this is the place to eat. Outstanding in all areas. Good music on Friday nights. Definitely will return next time in LafayetteSpecial Features:
- I have been to Bluefin BistroSwolfDined on 9/21/2012I have been to Bluefin Bistro twice and both times the food was exceptional. The service was a little better the first time, but was still very good. I wish you still had the Brazilian style meal where you had table side service with a variety of meats! This visit I had the Scallops and they were fantastic!!!Special Features:
- This was a mid week businessOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2012This was a mid week business dinner. The food was great. The place was empty. I assume due to the day of the week (Wed Eve). I had the swoardfish and was pleased. The wine list was good, extensive, and priced right, by the glass. Chairs, tables, very comfortable.Special Features:
- On the losing endJoshDined on 9/5/2012This place is going downhill and fast. It used to be great and its sad to see what was an excellent restaurant fading away.
- Fantastic experience!! TheCL2013VIPDined on 8/25/2012Fantastic experience!! The very best food, great sushi and awesome service!!!Special Features:
- This was my 5th experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2012This was my 5th experience at the Blue Fin and I am never disappointed. I am from Houston and come to Purdue at least 2 times a year on business. I always make it a point to get to the Blue Fin Bistro while I am in Lafayette.Special Features:
- We usually love Bluefin BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2012We usually love Bluefin Bistro and are so grateful to have an upscale seafood restaurant downtown.Friday evening I took my sister there for her birthday and although we thoroughly enjoyed ouselves,the entree we shared was a huge disappointment.We ordered Mussels and Clams which arrived lukewarm,at best,on a bed of linguini (strangely not mentioned in the menu),but at least it had a nice sauce.Upon asking our waitress(Kitty or Katy?)for bread,she informed us a large party had already eaten all of the bread and offered us cracker. We were both taken aback with the situation (especially since our dinner reservation was for 6:30)and wondered why a bus boy or server wasn't sent out on an emergency bread run.
- Cool Options and Refreshing AppBearSpaceDined on 7/31/2012Bluefin is a popular dinner location, but I was glad to enjoy the sushi and sashimi options for lunch. The martini options with fruit juice are a great refresher on a hot summer day, combined with a cool plate. I also want to compliment the OpenTable process here. Our reservation was initially for 2:00, but the restaurant manager called me to ask for an earlier time (since the kitchen closed at 2:00). Shifting the reservation was possible, and enabled by my use of the app.Special Features:
- Here on a Sunday eve, 7/27/12,FoodiieTjkVIPDined on 7/29/2012Here on a Sunday eve, 7/27/12, had a very energetic waiter and was smart enough to get someone more versed on wine, which was helpful. Would have loved (1) French wine by the glass or an Albarino, but had to settle one more time for Campanillo Pinot Grigio. Salad was plentiful but hard to eat out of the bowl, so dumped on a spare plate. The waiter went to extra means to chop a cucumber himself to sub for tomatoes. Had the lobster linguine, nice flavor, not in a cream sauce. Not a wow so probably wouldn't order again. Dad liked the sweet n sour chicken stir fry, and others enjoyed the Crab legs (only 3 small ones for $39) and the sushi was tasty. Nice ambience either in the casual or formal areas, well designed and would go back!Special Features:
- Very good food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Very good food and atmosphere! My wife hasn't had a lot of seafood over the years, so the suggestions our server gave her concerning some of the different options she might like "to get her feet wet" were very helpful. The Seafood Sampler Trio was awesome! Also, all-you-can-eat sushi of that quality for $25? Count me in!Special Features:
- Great!WJK82Dined on 6/5/2012Fantastic. Every time my co-workers visit from the East Coast, this is their #1 choice of where to eat dinner. From the great food to the great drink selection and unique ambiance to West Lafayette, this restaurant is a hit!Special Features:
- Tried sushi for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012Tried sushi for the first time at this lunch to say goodbye to a friend moving out of state. Atmosphere was great. Food was tasty and adventurous. And service was excellent. Thank you!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in LafayetteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2012Best restaurant in Lafayette and best kept secret! The Fogo de Gaucho was terrificSpecial Features:
- I liked the decor in the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I liked the decor in the patio area,like a tiki bar. The service was poor with the waiter disappearing for long periods. Long wait for all food courses , when entres finally arrived they were cold. Only go if you want to spend all night getting dinner.
- I ordered the garlic scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I ordered the garlic scallops and they came out with a beautiful presentation. However, they were not fully cooked and cold when I received them. I had them sent back and when they came out the second time there were 5 scallops on the plate; no sauce, no tomatoes, which is what they were served with the first time. Very disappointed with my meal, $30 for plain scallops totally not worth it, I recommend not ordering them to anyone who is thinking about it. Everyone else at my table enjoyed their food and we had a great time though! Wonderful service and a good atmosphere. We were celebrating Mother's Day and Graduation from Purdue.Special Features:
- Wish I could report a betterOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/12/2012Wish I could report a better experience. We had a 7:30 dinner reservation for 7 of us for a graduation dinner. Seated late which was not a big concern. However, we did not get our food until sometime around 9 pm and most of our orders were not hot. The manager was responsive but only to half our table. Its a shame because the restaurant itself is very pretty. Pricey as well.
- It was a great place to celebrateWinemouseDined on 5/12/2012It was a great place to celebrate a special occasion. The food was wonderful and the service was just right. We ordered from the menu but will try their other options next time we visit that include the sushi, shrimp, and meats all you can enjoy. The restaurant was pretty crowded and had a couple very large groups but it did not distract from our dining experience.Special Features:
- Second time at Bluefin Bistro.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2012Second time at Bluefin Bistro. It could have been better or my expectations higher. We had a 5 min wait for our table. My fillet mignon steak was sliced into two halves and very dry. Asked for medium, got closer to well done. Soup was not served hot. Service was too slow.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012This was our first visit to Bluefin Bistro. The continuous table side service was a fun, new dining experience and is suitable for teenage kids. The endless sushi or the Gaucho de Fogo specials are a great choice at a good price if your new to sushi or just want to sample the menu. Better than driving to Indy. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice dinner except the chefOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2012Nice dinner except the chef couldn't ge the sashimi order right. Put the wrong mix of sahimi in order, twice. Other than that a nice expwrience.Special Features:
- not bad for LafayetteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2012food was okay but a little expensive for the quality. I expected amazing food for the price. Server was attentive but over the top explaining some things regarding the menu and didn't explain specials well enough. Sushi was good but I could get the same quality for half the price.Special Features:
- Very expensive for such smallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Very expensive for such small portions. $32 for a filet and I had to pay an extra $5 just to get a salad. Won't go back
- First time...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Bluefin Bistro offered both a classy dining area where you could have a special, romantic evening, as well as an indoor patio area where it's more laid back. This was my first visit, so we decided to take the patio side since it was a nice evening out. The sushi was great! We ordered a mix of a couple of spicy rolls and some not-spicy rolls, and both were delicious. I'll definitely be back...Special Features: