1494 Second Ave
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lusardis.com/
- Phone: 2122492020
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Claudio Meneghini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Lusardi's Restaurant
cozy Italian restaurant in a classic European decor, gracious staff serving superb northern Italian fareContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lusardi's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (27)notable wine list (23)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (8)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014This was our first trip to Lusardi's though it was highly recommended by friends. The moment we walked in, we were treated like regulars. We took quite awhile to order as we were having dinner with friends we hadn't seen in a long while, but the staff was attentive yet patient with us. Everyone's meal was wonderful and the wine list was quite good. Even though it was so good, the prices were very reasonable, especially for New York. I would highly recommend it and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We have been to Lusardi's several times with family and have never been disappointed. The service is warm and welcomng, the staff knowledgeable and attentive and the food is delicious no matter what we order. I went this weekend with college friends for a milestone birthday and everyone loved it.Special Features:
- Great FindwellyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Lusardi's was recommended to us by some friends. They were certainly on the money with their selection. We dined on a Saturday evening and the place was buzzing (a few special celebrations, a lot of neighborhood regulars, and a few first timers like us). We were seated immediately and service throughout the meal was exceptional. The dining room is very comfortable without being stuffy. Food was outstanding with our selections ranging from pasta and seafood dishes to the veal daily special. Superb on every count. The wine list and the menu items were fairly priced given the quality and location of the restaurant. Lusardi's has now become one of our "go to" restaurants in NYC.Special Features:
- Lusardi's Always DeliversAlexBVIPDined on 10/24/2014Always a great meal at Lusardi's. Great food, great wind and a caring owner make for a great dinning experience. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- terrificLCOCDined on 10/17/2014food was fabulous. we have the appetizer size white truffle risotto and split it between the four of us for a pre starter. then had salads and fish or fish/pasta for the rest of the meal. it was really very good. Service was top notch and very friendly.Special Features:
- A fine dinnerEdG1111Dined on 10/16/2014The service was there when we wanted it, not there when we didn't. We were never rushed. All four of us had excellent food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/30/2014Went last night to celebrate our daughters birthday who lives on the corner. First time there and wondered why we never tried it before??? Fabulous in every way!! Great atmosphere, waiter, and food!! Having two daughters that live in the neighborhood we will definitely return. Fish done to perfection!!Special Features:
- Excellent, attentive service!KateDined on 9/30/2014Had heard of Lusardi's and never been, it's now a "go to" restaurant for food, ambiance and service.Special Features:
- owl4owl4Dined on 9/28/2014Traditional and reliable. Very pleasant atmosphere especially if you want to talk. Good wine although it was a bit cold when the waiter brought it to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- typical sat service, food ehRolstoDined on 9/27/2014Ive eaten at Lusardi's before--better experience. This occasion, water and coffee requests went unfulfilled, as did bread requests. Seafood undercooked (multiple dishes at table). Not fitting for price or reputation of restaurant. Better choices for weekend dining on Upper East Side, particularly Italian, and even at lower price points.Special Features:
- Great food.sushiloverVIPDined on 9/20/2014Haven't been there in 3 years. Had the urge to try again. So so glad. Food was outstanding Can't wait to return. Highly recommend for italianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We had to wait 30 minutes just to get a menu and was not served our first course for almost an hour after our reservation. The food was blah...the pheasant special was dry and too little sauce and the pasta was virtually tasteless. Our waiter disappeared for endless periods of time - in fact, at least two tables that came in well after us ate and left before we were even shown a dessert menu. We could not even get our water glasses refilled. The only quick thing is that the check was brought very quickly after we asked for it. All in all, a poor experience. We shall not return.
- neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Great food, service atmosphere. I lost out because my branzino off the menu was just ok. Everything else including wine, great. Would go again in a heart beatSpecial Features:
- No ordinary experience.BronxboyDined on 9/18/2014From the time you enter you are stepping into Italy. Greeted with Italian flare and allowed to sit anywhere for lunch the day we were there. Foodies take note. And wine list is substantial. We had Eggplant Rollatini stuffed with spinach in a pink sauce then Branzino and Grouper entrees that were worth the wait.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014As usual, the food was excellent, with interesting Italian dishes such as rabbit and veal kidney. As usual, the service was erratic, beginning with failure to credit our Open Table points for this reservation.
- Excellent ExperienceEvelynDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed Lusardi's very much. It was a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Italian DelightsMericVIPDined on 9/12/2014Lusardis is a great fav of ours,,just a block away from our apartment..prices are reasonable,,food expertly prepared..good portions..great wines.. Just one problem..chair cushions desperately need updating and more padding..we are both fit,,but yor chairs are really uncomfortable for a nice leisurely dinner at these prices,,which are fair as I said..looking foward to our next dinner at Lusardis..Special Features:
- Lusardi's 30 Aug 2014HungryeaterDined on 8/30/2014Excellent service and fine dining in a romantic atmosphere. Great wine list and recommendations from staff. I had the rabbit and it was magnificent and tender. My date had the veal which was succulent and the desserts were elegant and delightful. A great find in the heart of the Upper East SideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant with accommodating employees and great Italian food. Summer dining outside just makes it better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/22/2014Just like a fine watch. ..consistent, quality food Unfortunately the service was more like a cheap watchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodMEK38VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and service is always consistently excellent. I enjoyed the pasta with truffles, but anything on the menu is delicious. Lusardi's is one of my go to restaurants when I want a good meal.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FavoriteJlockerDined on 8/20/2014Never disappoints. Warm welcome, great food and service. Old-school charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceDavidDined on 8/17/2014Salads and main courses were good. Tiramisu was disappointment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I have been to Lusardis twice and both times had a delicious meal in a really comfortable charming atmosphere. Would definitely go back and bring others as well as recommend to those who want a good meal but not necessarily a trendy spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian food with many localsfamilyof4Dined on 8/15/2014I always love seeing locals in the place we're eating. There were a number of them around us whom the staff knew by name and asked about family, trips, etc. I had a nice risotto special with imported truffles. They were very generous with the truffles and my husband's seafood dish was well prepared also. Staff was attentive and did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!NYCfoodieDined on 8/14/2014I live in Queens, but it's def worth the trip! 2nd time there, and didn't disappoint. Food was flawless, terrific service. Going back ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service wantingoldiesDined on 8/12/2014wonderful food and a nice evening marred by repeated jostling of elbows, spilled wine not mopped up and LONG period after dinner plates cleared before anyone could be found to deal with coffee and dessert.
- Great experienceUconn99Dined on 8/9/2014Went there with my family, the owners were so attentive and friendly like family. The food was superb. My daughter who is the pickiest eater was a big fan of the Branzino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Lustardis was a surprise for my husband and myself, not being that familiar with the 2nd Avenue "Scene". We were delighted that we were seated on time and didn't have to wait. The waiter was fun and helped us with our selections which is always a plus. Wine by the glass was delicious and so was the food. My sole with Parmesan crust was wonderful,crispy on the outside and flavorful and moist on the inside. My husbands chicken Scarpiello was equally good. Hope to go back soon.Special Features:
- Good Northern ItalianGillDined on 7/26/2014An Italian restaurant that has been consistently good for over 30 years. The crowd is mostly older. Good wine list. The service is excellent. To move up in any ratings, would have to become more "real Italian" and only serve seasonal fresh organic vegetables as they do in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere and good eatsDavidDined on 7/23/2014Overall, the service is friendly and the food is very good. We had the veal and the mushroom ravioli as well as the arugula salad. Each dish was excellent. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all soundPapapatVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a 6:30 reservation which was honored. The service and good was very good. It by the time we were finishing up the noise level so high we skipped dessert and coffee just to get some quiet outside. We were a party of oldsters so younger people probably could take the din so if you want a quieter time go early. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great timeRangerMikeDined on 7/20/2014It is not often everyone in the party has a great experience but we all did this eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experienceNYCDinerDined on 7/19/2014We chose to eat here based on reviews on Open Table and we were guided well! Step into "old world" service and ambience off of Second Avenue! The food was great from appetizer to dessert. Wait staff were excellent. If anything, by time we were leaving on Saturday night (we had a 6:30 reservation), the place was hopping so if you're looking for very quiet (we were not) this might have to be timed. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Food and service excellent, very accommodating when we were delayed arriving for our reserved time, and with GF requirements . Soft shells super! Wall color and decor fab.Special Features:
- likes2eatVIPDined on 7/14/2014The soft shell crab special was fantastic, and the capresse salad was very nice. The bianco salad was not what I was expecting and I didn't care for it. All the desserts were very good. The pasta is made there and very good. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- The following 240 reviews are from the Lusardi's Restaurant reviews archive.
- beach123Dined on 7/12/2014I recently had dinner with my husband and 2 friends at Lusardi's. The food was exceptional! It was not the ordinary Italian fare. Everything was fresh, well prepared. The wait staff were very helpful in describing the menus choices and were very pleasant. It is not inexpensive but absolutely worth the price.Special Features:
- JEDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Nice find on the eastside. Pleasant service and good food. Okay wine list. Enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Lusardi's is the bestCb17VIPDined on 6/26/2014Lusardi's has a great atmosphere, Incredible food, and unparalleled service. My family has made Lusardi's a must eat location on every trip to NYC for over 20 yeats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- samanthaVIPDined on 6/23/2014we were very disappointed in the service. food good. ambience good.