1494 Second Ave
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lusardis.com/
- Phone: 2122492020
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Claudio Meneghini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Lusardi's Restaurant
cozy Italian restaurant in a classic European decor, gracious staff serving superb northern Italian fareContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lusardi's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (23)romantic (19)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (11)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant with accommodating employees and great Italian food. Summer dining outside just makes it better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/22/2014Just like a fine watch. ..consistent, quality food Unfortunately the service was more like a cheap watchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodMEK38VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and service is always consistently excellent. I enjoyed the pasta with truffles, but anything on the menu is delicious. Lusardi's is one of my go to restaurants when I want a good meal.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FavoriteJlockerDined on 8/20/2014Never disappoints. Warm welcome, great food and service. Old-school charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceDavidDined on 8/17/2014Salads and main courses were good. Tiramisu was disappointment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I have been to Lusardis twice and both times had a delicious meal in a really comfortable charming atmosphere. Would definitely go back and bring others as well as recommend to those who want a good meal but not necessarily a trendy spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian food with many localsfamilyof4Dined on 8/15/2014I always love seeing locals in the place we're eating. There were a number of them around us whom the staff knew by name and asked about family, trips, etc. I had a nice risotto special with imported truffles. They were very generous with the truffles and my husband's seafood dish was well prepared also. Staff was attentive and did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!NYCfoodieDined on 8/14/2014I live in Queens, but it's def worth the trip! 2nd time there, and didn't disappoint. Food was flawless, terrific service. Going back ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service wantingoldiesDined on 8/12/2014wonderful food and a nice evening marred by repeated jostling of elbows, spilled wine not mopped up and LONG period after dinner plates cleared before anyone could be found to deal with coffee and dessert.
- Great experienceUconn99Dined on 8/9/2014Went there with my family, the owners were so attentive and friendly like family. The food was superb. My daughter who is the pickiest eater was a big fan of the Branzino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Northern ItalianGillDined on 7/26/2014An Italian restaurant that has been consistently good for over 30 years. The crowd is mostly older. Good wine list. The service is excellent. To move up in any ratings, would have to become more "real Italian" and only serve seasonal fresh organic vegetables as they do in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere and good eatsDavidDined on 7/23/2014Overall, the service is friendly and the food is very good. We had the veal and the mushroom ravioli as well as the arugula salad. Each dish was excellent. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all soundPapapatVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a 6:30 reservation which was honored. The service and good was very good. It by the time we were finishing up the noise level so high we skipped dessert and coffee just to get some quiet outside. We were a party of oldsters so younger people probably could take the din so if you want a quieter time go early. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great timeRangerMikeDined on 7/20/2014It is not often everyone in the party has a great experience but we all did this eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experienceNYCDinerDined on 7/19/2014We chose to eat here based on reviews on Open Table and we were guided well! Step into "old world" service and ambience off of Second Avenue! The food was great from appetizer to dessert. Wait staff were excellent. If anything, by time we were leaving on Saturday night (we had a 6:30 reservation), the place was hopping so if you're looking for very quiet (we were not) this might have to be timed. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Food and service excellent, very accommodating when we were delayed arriving for our reserved time, and with GF requirements . Soft shells super! Wall color and decor fab.Special Features:
- likes2eatVIPDined on 7/14/2014The soft shell crab special was fantastic, and the capresse salad was very nice. The bianco salad was not what I was expecting and I didn't care for it. All the desserts were very good. The pasta is made there and very good. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- beach123Dined on 7/12/2014I recently had dinner with my husband and 2 friends at Lusardi's. The food was exceptional! It was not the ordinary Italian fare. Everything was fresh, well prepared. The wait staff were very helpful in describing the menus choices and were very pleasant. It is not inexpensive but absolutely worth the price.Special Features:
- JEDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Nice find on the eastside. Pleasant service and good food. Okay wine list. Enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Lusardi's is the bestCb17VIPDined on 6/26/2014Lusardi's has a great atmosphere, Incredible food, and unparalleled service. My family has made Lusardi's a must eat location on every trip to NYC for over 20 yeats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- samanthaVIPDined on 6/23/2014we were very disappointed in the service. food good. ambience good.
- Nice dinnerMaxeaterDined on 6/22/2014Propmtly seated. Friendly attentive staff. Interesting specials and quality food. Enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonMDined on 6/22/2014The entire dining experience was excellant. Met an old firend who we haven't seen in a number years. We had the opportunity to talk, eat and stay thru out the evening...very enjoyable night. Very good food at reasonable prices. I will go back when I want a comfortable restaurant in that area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing UES ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014This restaurant was perfect, from the extremely friendly waiter to the food and drinks. We had the homemade mushroom ravioli with a truffle cream sauce and the veal wrapped in prosciutto. Both were to die for. Crabmeat appetizer was so good and they split it for us without even being asked to. The waiter was attentive and hilarious, really making us feel as if we were regulars even never having been there. The ambiance was great for a date night. We can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great serviceAnnaVIPDined on 6/6/2014We found this nice restaurant in opentable when walking 2nd Ave on Friday night. The service is very polite and friendly and the food is just great. We are coming back soon!Special Features:
- You can always count on Lusardi'sPaulCDined on 6/6/2014We had a quiet dinner for two. The dining room has a warm and cozy atmosphere. Soft shell crabs were perfect and Veal Martini never disappoints. The service is friendly and totally professional. I don't know how they do it but they have managed to put together one of the best staffs on the Upper East Side. The wait staff knows the food, what to recommend and how to deliver in a friendly yet efficient manner.Special Features:
- Once again a winnerPickyeaterDined on 5/30/2014We have dined at Lusardis about 6 times in 4 years. It is always terrific. And Mauro could not be more welcoming. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Italian Food and Wine Lovers!CANEUBDined on 5/26/2014Pasta with truffles - you can't beat it! I have been a Lusardi's fan for many years now. If you love classic Italian food and wines, you will love Lusardi's!Special Features:
- Great Italian food, poor serviceIRG510VIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was very good: bread and delish olive oil, yummy sautéed spinach and excellent paccheri with eggplant, smoked mozzarella and tomatoes, also good comp cookies with dessert. Although food very good, service was terrible unfortunately. Our waiter was extremely unfriendly and treated us like lepers, then made a nasty comment when we gave him a bit less than 20% tip, but more than 15. Host was friendly only after realizing that we were Italian and our baby wasn't a screaming mess but a quiet little angel instead and didn't disturb the peace at all. We waited an hour for main course but apps came immed. In a nutshell, good food and poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexBVIPDined on 5/9/2014Always a great experience at Lusardi's. Great food with very caring owners.Special Features:
- always goodstanVIPDined on 5/4/2014Lusadi's is consistently a great restaurant. Good Food; good service and a good atmosphere. Top of the line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fgrossVIPDined on 5/4/2014always a lovely sunday dinner!!!! great all around!
- The following 226 reviews are from the Lusardi's Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/27/2014Always excellent Italian food, including dishes like rognoncini and coniglio. Service varies.
- Worth a return visitmdmassDined on 4/27/2014A search of online reviews of Upper Eastside Italian restaurants led us to choose Lusardi's during our NYC vacation. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. Making an early reservation (5:45) meant the tables were mostly empty when we arrived on a Sunday evening, but when we left nearly two hours later we had watched the place steadily fill. The cozy, attractive dining room was packed, yet the efficient wait staff seemed to keep food and drink flowing effortlessly at a perfect pace. Every course was perfectly prepared and accompanied by a reasonably priced house Sangiovese. We hope to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Perfect neighborhood jewel. Food always excellent. Lots of options for all food preferences. Service very professional.Special Features:
- SuperbDarcyDined on 4/18/2014Wonderful experience - divine food, exceedingly attentive service - a gem!Special Features:
- We had a group of 8 for dinnerAnnDDined on 4/3/2014We had a group of 8 for dinner on a Thursday evening. Everything was lovely! It made for a special evening for my daughter's 24th birthday. Would definitely recommend Lusardis.Special Features:
- For the second time in twoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/31/2014For the second time in two recent visits, we had superb Italian food but terrible service. Delicious, unusual dishes, wonderfully prepared and presented. But our waiter largely ignored us, was hard to flag down for wine, and finally made an error on our bill in the restaurant's favor!
- Fit for a particular agenyc2013VIPDined on 3/29/2014When I walked in I felt under age. This place definitely has a more mature crowd. I made a reservation for 8:30pm. We arrived on time, but were not seated until 20 minutes later. The restaurant was packed. There was a large group in front of the restaurant that left and they broke up the tables. They were going to seat us at the table right next to the door where every time the door opened you could feel the cold breeze. This is not how I like to enjoy a meal. We asked for another table and were seated in the extreme opposite far back corner of the restaurant. There were only 2 of us. The service was great, but the food was just ok.Special Features:
- Excellent meal in an adultdinex2VIPDined on 3/21/2014Excellent meal in an adult setting. Service was first class.I would recommend this to a friend.