Lure South Beach
1601 Collins Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Lure South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lurefishbar.com/
- Phone: 3056954550x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm -12:00am
Sunday: 6:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Josh Capon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Lure South Beach
Lure Fishbar South Beach is a seafood restaurant serving the freshest fish available from local and global markets. We also feature a full sushi and raw bar program - and for those that love steak, we do that too. The restaurant features a main dining room and patio that overlooks the ocean and a separate terrace for both cocktails and dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lure South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Lure South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)fit for foodies (30)romantic (21)good for groups (20)hot spot (19)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- wonderful experienceVickiDined on 8/25/2014Food presentation was excellent. spicy but good. Choices were adequate. waiter and staff were very attentive. It was not busy as the weather was not good and it was a Monday evening. It was a great experience.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedfoodietravelerDined on 8/16/2014We chose Lure out of many many restaurants participating in Miami Spice. They listed that they offered the Miami Spice Dinner menu on Saturday night, so we went ahead and made a reservation to take a couple friends of ours and possible business partners. It turns out after we are seated and looking for the special menu, that the waitress says that the 'typically only do Miami Spice from 6-8pm, sorry....'. Great job at false advertisement Lure.... needless to say I won't be going back. Not only they didn't keep their marketing promise, but the food was whatever. And to top extremely over priced. won't be taking my business there any time soon....
- Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great food,service,ambiance. I have been to this place four times and every time I have had a great experience. This last time happen to be during smiami spice month and they hand it the menu along with the regular menu ,unlike many other places, very helpful staff, will be backSpecial Features:
- Excellent menuOTREVIEWERVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great for dinner, Restaurant is well appointed if you dont mind always sitting in a booth or bench seat. Fish excellent and Bar is superb. Front end staff is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super FreshngaioDined on 8/13/2014The service was prompt without being rushed. But the star, as it should be, was the freshness of the seafood. Sauces were respectful of that and complemented rather than overwhelmed.Special Features:
- PhenomenalChrisDined on 8/9/2014Delicious food presented beautifully without and pretentious attitude.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014restaurant atmosphere, service, and food quality, and chef's acomodations are excellent!Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulous experience.ChrisDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I were on vacation and staying at The James hotel next door. The concierge at The James recommended The Lure and we went for dinner on a Friday night. The food was so good that we went back Saturday night. Everyone was so welcoming and pleasant. Our waiter Dennis was so helpful regarding the menu the first night that we requested him the second night. Now, we went during "Miami Spice" which offered a price fixe menu and made the dinners more than reasonable but I would gladly pay the slightly high prices for the quality of food the kitchen prepares. If you are in town, make a point of going.Special Features:
- Deserves to become a SoBe stapleJbellittiVIPDined on 8/7/2014This place is always exceptional! One of the best restaurants on South Beach. The seafood is incredibly fresh and the service on point. It's a great spot if you want a great meal with a nice ambience that is not just "trendy". Offering the Miami Spice menu that changes every week in the month of August!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostlytoydocVIPDined on 8/4/2014While the food is of a high quality, the portions and the pricing do not satisfy. Expect to get good quality, good service and very high pricing.Special Features:
- perfect!AvisobeDined on 8/4/2014the restaurant is charming. the service was good, the food is great!Special Features:
- SG13Dined on 8/4/2014Phenomenal sushi/great cocktails. I cannot say enough about the attentive wait staff.... Perfect.... Not intrusive at all. Great service. Wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!ChezTeRickDined on 8/3/2014Excellent! Tried the Miami Spice menu with three matching flutes of red wine. Good attentive service. Delicious and well presented food. Started off with a raw bar plate with super fresh oysters, tasty clams, and the largest shrimps on the market, served on a bed of ice with all the sauces that you don't need if the seafood is good enough. Main course; a shrimp risotto with perfectly cooked shrimps, still juicy and tender, which is rare for most risotto makers. Wrapped up with a fabulous key lie pie. I'm probably biased, since it is my favorite dessert, but it was still in the top 90th percentile. The matching wines were quite good; the first one a young nebbiolo, the second one - a delicious merlot, the third escapes me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceTBruDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was amazing, the service was top notch. As a local, I can't wait to come back, the oysters were simply amazing, best in town by far!Special Features:
- nice dinner outbekrierVIPDined on 8/2/2014We really like the food and service at Lure. It's on the expensive side (and like a lot of South Beach restaurants, a 20% tip is automatically added to your bill), but the food and service is worth it. Great for a romantic date night or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid DinnerJonnyDined on 7/22/2014Enjoyed a great meal here with my fiance. Everything we ordered was consistently tasty, from the crab cakes to a tuna roll to the oysters from the raw bar. They made terrific cocktails as well.Special Features:
- So goodTTTTTTTTTTTTTDined on 7/18/2014Amazing sushi and cocktails!! You have to go here, on honeymoon and fav place so farSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met our expectationsMiamiMommaDined on 7/18/2014We dined on a busy Friday night. Our table was immediately available. Barbara was our server along with a team of equally enthusiastic staff. We had a delicious cocktail and a sample of items that was suggested by Barbara. Most delicious and fresh rainbow sushi, spicey ceviche, mouth tickling rice cake and chicken lollipops. Oh, and a round of fresh and cold oysters. We ended with the pot of gold and choc. Cake. A wonderful evening. The restaurant has a busy up beat vibe with a funky sound tack playing. They were forthcoming about the 20%gratuity when they handed us the bill.Special Features:
- Simply AmazinghappycustomerDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I spent the weekend in Miami for our anniversary and we thought Lure South Beach would be a nice place to have dinner at. The service, food, and drinks were all to die for. The staff was friendly and made sure every detail was taken care of. The server made some wonderful recommendations for entrees and also drinks. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Amazing setting, amazing food and worth going. It's a bit pricey, but delicious.Special Features:
- IndescribablePerfectionDined on 6/29/2014The best restaurant I've ever stepped foot in ! The food was beyond amazing ! Best sushi I've ever had. My steak was made to perfection! The service was was impeccable. I made my reservation 5 mins before I walking in (online). We were immediately seated and immediately served. There were 5 of us altogether. Everyone's food came out on quickly and everyone loved it! I made a post about it on twitter and text multiple people about how awesome the experience is! I cannot wait to come back with friends who come visit from out of town !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food n people watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The bang bang shrimp and steak there are amazing! Be prepared to drop about $100-$200 a personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningKayceemmmDined on 6/28/2014I took my sister who was visiting for the weekend. We wanted a spot where we could catch up but that also had great seafood. Lure nailed it. The outdoor seating was perfect and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wont returnpmarclDined on 6/28/2014a pretentious and overpriced tourist trap in the heart of South Beach. too many adjectives and not enough substance. overall a mediocre dining experienced with a five $ price. wont be going back. Hope for thei sake they can attract a constant stream of tourist diners because i dont think they will be building a local following.
- Don't Do ItFrankDined on 6/25/2014Please don't get trapped. Very very expensive with no redemption in food or service. I travel and am a foodie. The quality of the plates was really poor and the prices are just silly. Mandatory 20% tip embedded in your bill with no ability to change it. The automatically include in your bill. Walk 2 blocks to Ocean Drive and 14th and there is a series of more affordable and culinarily superior choices
- Very good food if you like fish.PcottonDined on 6/16/2014Pricy but delicious. Will happily go again. Ceviche was special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food wine and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Better than emeralds that was there before food brill rock crab starter to die forSpecial Features:
- BMacVIPDined on 6/14/2014My criteria for a great dining experience is a restaurant where the food is special, the service is freindly and attentive without being stuffy and the vibe is upbeat without being forced. Lure meets all of those things. The buccatini pasta with crab is out of this world and the sushi is uniformly fresh and delicious. I have recommended the restaurant to three different people in the last two weeks all of whom pride themselves in their ability to discern great places to eat---and they all loved Lure. It is a must go to restaurant if you are in Miami. On top of all this is that it is not crazy expensive like some places in South Beach. And Marco the sommelier is a treasure.Special Features:
- Consistently great -- SoHo to SoBemobilevitoVIPDined on 6/6/2014I have eaten at the Lure Fishbar in SoHo several times so I was eager to dine here while in SoBe. The food and service is every bit as good as the one in SoHo. I just miss the more authentic yacht-inspired decor of the SoHo location. The Miami Beach location has an interior that is fine but nothing special. Everything we ate was delicious: the Lure house roll, tuna tacos, shrimp tempura, the fish carpaccio (maybe red snapper), crab cake, crab legs, etc. We even had an amazing Pinot Noir for a great price. The two couples I brought with me loved it and said it was their best meal all week. It is now a new favorite for me in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Lure!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014The bar was lively, the Bartender Jennie encouraged me to try something new, which she guaranteed I would love...and I did! I had the Queens Regulator, actually I had a few. Every drink made at that bar had intricate recipes laced with fresh exotic fruits. I started with the Jalapeño & Spicy Yellowtail Roll, which was so delicious. There are so many appetizers to choose from, Shrimp Tempura and the Rice Cakes are an absolute MUST! I had another roll with Soft-Shell Crab and asparagus and that for me was the best. My Captain talked me into dessert (and more Queen Regulators). The Pot of Gold, which is banana pudding with chocolate mousse, was by far one of the best things I’ve ever had. Everything at Lure was on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTommasoDined on 6/1/2014I understand that Miami Beach is not exactly the right place for foodies, differently from many other places that I enjoyed in the US. However, the quality of the seafood here is really quite poor and unacceptable for the price you pay. We have ordered the plateu royal just for starting but it has just convinced us to stop immediately that experience. Only the oysters were good, while the remainign part of the plate, crab shrimp and lobster simply... to be returned. The wine list is also poor and made of overpriced choices.Special Features:
- josh's birthdayspinnerladyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food was great service was exceptional, we would go back without a doubtSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014Poor service; embarrassing lack of wine and food knowledge
- ServisoGodfatherDined on 5/13/2014The service was amazing. My girls were with me for a special dinner and they we're take me excellent care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllenEllenVIPDined on 5/12/2014I'm fine with entrées being in the $30 to $50 range. But the wine list was extremely pricey. Our waiter did an ok job but he seemed like a real snob. If you like pretentious you will like Lure.
- Perfect MealManonanoDined on 5/11/2014Love the fresh fish and the special attention. They even mixed a drink to my specification!Special Features:
- overstaffedsgtwDined on 5/2/20146p reservation wanted to sit at the oyster bar however "wasn't opened yet" so sat at the main bar and conversed with the bar manager. As they open at 6p there were many servers "standing around" waiting to do anything yet the bar manager was still stocking the bar while we were eating. He also neglected to tell us that the "service charge" was a 20% included gratuity although the receipt states a 20% service charge is included however not a gratuity yet a gratuity is not expected-hmmmm?! Another server nearby clarified that the gratuity was included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Lure South Beach reviews archive.
- Amen!MeganAPalmerDined on 5/1/2014This meal was one of the best seafood meals I have ever had! The only thing better than the food was the service. They left you wanting for nothing. Our server, Jenna, was extremely thorough and knowledgeable about the menu and ingredients used. We never had to ask for anything, everything was just offered. I highly recommend LURE to anyone wanting to be blown away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChiChiDined on 4/25/2014Our server, Marco, was fantastic! I took his recommendation for both appetizer and entree. Perfect!Special Features:
- Top NotchRayLovesToTravelnEatDined on 4/22/2014This is fine dining! From the menu to the wine list... there's a burger so you can take a kid. The staff is experienced and does a great job! Don't feel compelled to order their $uggestions...get what you want!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.