Lure South Beach
1601 Collins Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Lure South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lurefishbar.com/
- Phone: 3056954550x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm -12:00am
Sunday: 6:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Josh Capon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: email@example.com
A word from Lure South Beach
Lure Fishbar South Beach is a seafood restaurant serving the freshest fish available from local and global markets. We also feature a full sushi and raw bar program - and for those that love steak, we do that too. The restaurant features a main dining room and patio that overlooks the ocean and a separate terrace for both cocktails and dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lure South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Lure South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)special occasion (37)good for groups (33)romantic (30)hot spot (26)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (15)neighborhood gem (12)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Out of lobsterKikiVIPDined on 10/19/2014We were so excited to eat at Lure on the recommendation from our concierge at FontaineBleau who said it was the best/freshest seafood in Miami. The chairs were super comfortable and the ambiance was nice. When we had finally made our dinner selections we called the waiter over. At the time we started ordering, he told us there was no lobster! Seemed like something he should have told us when we sat down or perhaps even when we made the reservation. We came for lobster specifically and all had chosen some sort of lobster dish, so we decided to leave. He apologized and said he would go get his manager, but nobody ever came over to say anything. We paid our $80 bill for diet coke and appetizers and went to eat elsewhere. Disappointing.
- Lure is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014I have been twice in two weeks, the first time on a Thursday and the second, a Saturday. Both times we had outstanding service. Both times the food [tuna tacos, snapper ceviche, whole crab] was delicious and nicely prepared. The first time the experience was perfect as Lure was full but not loud. The second time the music was a bit loud and the folks at the bar were so loud you could hardly carry on a conversation during dinner. I would probably avoid Lure on weekends unless you don't mind the loud scene. Only other reaction is to the price of one crab--$75. A bit steep, even for South Beach, but the crab was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious, the service was exemplary and the atmosphere was fun and relaxed. As well, the oyster bar was amazing. Some people commented on the noise however I did not find it to be an issue. It was loud enogh to chat out loud and not worry about disturbing other tables but not so loud you couldn't hear your dinner companions. We had a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best!TarynZDined on 10/17/2014There is not one thing I can complain about when it comes to Lure. The food is amazing and incredibly fresh, the ambiance is good for both "girls night" as well as date night and the staff is the icing on the cake. The crispy rice is like no other I've tried and all the raw dishes are like butter! Definitely word of mouth restaurant and I can't keep mine closed about Lure! A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning exprlerienceDenverjeffVIPDined on 10/17/2014what a wonderful place. The food was outstanding and service top notch Barbara, our server was great. Made recommendations and put together suggested appetizer plates for us. I will be back. Even with a delay in my sashimi plate I still think it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional in every wayMiaCDined on 10/10/2014All of the above, it's always a wonderful experience! I went w/ my kids whom I may add simply love Lure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticKCMOVIPDined on 10/9/2014Excellent dining experience! Fantastic service. The one downside was that the house music/radio plays quite loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!PrimaDined on 10/4/2014I've been here twice in the past few weeks with two different groups and would definitely reccomend again. Great service and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average overpriced foodAidaDined on 10/2/2014This restaurants specialty was seafood but the majority of the menu consisted of oysters and sushi of which we are not great fans. My husband ordered the grilled Daurade and it was very good. My shrimp tempura was a surprise since it arrived chopped in a small plate. The spinach was greasy.Special Features:
- WonderfulBNewtDined on 10/2/2014Great service from wait staff. Great food and very good selection of winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MasterpieceMarkVIPDined on 9/29/2014Everything from the decor and gorgeous spacious high-ceilinged dining room, to the impeccable service to the flawless cuisine, this is one of the best dining experiences in South Beach, and beyond! Do not miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just amazing!!KTsankeyDined on 9/27/2014We sat at the bar, and the service and cocktails we received from Rob, Jenn, and Josh were fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menu. Excellent venue.OTREVIEWERVIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent menu. Excellent venue. Great service on top of great dining experience. Service is tops and dont be afraid to get the server's recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BewareYikesVIPDined on 9/26/2014The fish was great but beware it is "extremely" over priced. This is coming from a NYC native who dines high end three nights per week in manhattan. As example the Lobster was $78 which they don't mention when describing it. One tiny piece of sushi $8-$10. Also not so much of an experience in terms of the restaurant so you are really just there for the fish not atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great fish restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Try it you will like it. We had the miami spice menu. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting restaurantPMB7Dined on 9/24/2014Not sure what to expect going here. We thought we would actually be at the Lowe's but we were next door to it. The food is excellent. The ambiance and decor are odd. You can't tell if the restaurant is trying to be casual (based on the music and the plaid decor) or fancy (South Beach and prices). The service is also good. Definitely a wide range of seafood and everything was very fresh. But the ambiance was kind of blah for South Beach (and it was freezing in the restaurant).Special Features:
- Not impresed by the foodFoodieDined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit and I was dissapointed. I should have stayed with the first impresion I got from the first time I dined here. (1) I had the snapper "veracruz style" it was flavorless, it had little sauce and the rice wasn't jazmin as the menu stated. (2) My boyfriend had the scallops; the mashed potatoes were cold and the whole dish was flavorless. (3) The service was awful, our server was all over; he was great but absent. (4) The messed up our friend's drink order (twice!!).
- Poor servicemiachuckVIPDined on 9/17/2014Very slow for most part. Had friends sitting at next table who commented this as well. Had a side plate that had lobster tail and they removed before I had barely touched. At least they replaced it but was 5 minutes to get waiter attention.
- Birthday DinnerDanQ14Dined on 9/13/2014Definitely make a reservation prior to going, walk-ins would have waited an hour at least for a table on Saturday night. The staff was not prepared for how busy they were so service was not great until halfway through the dinner when people started leaving. They also ran out of a few dishes (Salmon, edamame) due to the higher than expected influx of guests. Despite that, the staff was helpful, professional and the food quality was top notch. After dinner the bar had a great selection of Scotch and they let us sample a few. Great experience overall.Special Features:
- JoseVIPDined on 9/13/2014I read that Lure was as expensive as Milo's - not quite, but it is expensive. However, I enjoyed the menu better as it had a substantially broader offering. The food quality was outstanding. The service was great. We sat in a corner booth, which had a great view of the restaurant. There are a lot of booths in the restaurant, which make it look like the restaurant of a large hotel - which it is. I suggest the management reconsider the booths - it diminishes the experience.Special Features:
- great food, great serviceRNdiningDined on 9/10/2014I went to lure with my wife for our anniversary, from the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly and energetic staff. The restaurant has a classy and elegant look, reminiscent of an luxury liner from the golden era of cruise ships, the food was exceptional, well prepared and presented, the raw bar options were awesome and the composed dishes amazing. Must try the scallop and chorizo dish, just decadent. Desserts were sinful (try the pot of gold). Our server Jeff was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. Overall a great experience at a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW, THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE ROCKEDBurlVIPDined on 9/3/2014It all started with Dennis the Menace our waiter, who provided stellar service from the first minute to the last. The bar took the challenge to make the perfect Moscow Mule which was of course served in a copper mug. The first attempt came with too much crushed ice, but the rest proved to be as promised. First, we had the large shellfish platter, which was awesome. Followed by a bit of sashimi that tasted as if it just came off the boat. Next, was the entree's which satisfied with great delight everyone of us. Lastly, we just had to indulge by sharing deserts. WOW, THE ENTIRE MEAL AND SERVICE WAS IMPECCABLE!Special Features:
- twintwinDined on 8/30/2014Food was wonderful, the noise level (although loud) was manageable as they designed the place very thoughtfully. I came in with pretty low expectations since it was inside a hotel and a chain, but as a fellow foodie (snob) really was pleasantly surprised. In addition, our server was fantastic (Dennis) and he made our evening! Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good, comfortable place to have seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyDisappointedVIPDined on 8/30/2014Most items are overpriced for moderate portions. Not worth going unless you like to overpay for small portions and expensive food and drinks. The house special whole grilled daurade was over cooked and tiny for an entree.
- Great catch -Pitch26Dined on 8/27/2014I had the edamame with garlic and soy and Alaskan Crab legs. My fiance had the raw clams, lobster bisque and the risotto with shrimp. Both were very good. Its not a fancy place - no ambiance but the food and service were good. Some patrons were dressed in shorts and flip flops which i wouldn't wear in the evening for a restaurant. I would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceVickiDined on 8/25/2014Food presentation was excellent. spicy but good. Choices were adequate. waiter and staff were very attentive. It was not busy as the weather was not good and it was a Monday evening. It was a great experience.Special Features:
- Another great experiencesamyVIPDined on 8/21/2014We love this place. Took our daughter and her fiance there to celebrate #25 and from start to finish, it was first rate! Surprised though, that they did not do anything special for her for desert. Food and service were otherwise great, but that was a bit of a disappointment.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedfoodietravelerDined on 8/16/2014We chose Lure out of many many restaurants participating in Miami Spice. They listed that they offered the Miami Spice Dinner menu on Saturday night, so we went ahead and made a reservation to take a couple friends of ours and possible business partners. It turns out after we are seated and looking for the special menu, that the waitress says that the 'typically only do Miami Spice from 6-8pm, sorry....'. Great job at false advertisement Lure.... needless to say I won't be going back. Not only they didn't keep their marketing promise, but the food was whatever. And to top extremely over priced. won't be taking my business there any time soon....
- Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great food,service,ambiance. I have been to this place four times and every time I have had a great experience. This last time happen to be during smiami spice month and they hand it the menu along with the regular menu ,unlike many other places, very helpful staff, will be backSpecial Features:
- Excellent menuOTREVIEWERVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great for dinner, Restaurant is well appointed if you dont mind always sitting in a booth or bench seat. Fish excellent and Bar is superb. Front end staff is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super FreshngaioDined on 8/13/2014The service was prompt without being rushed. But the star, as it should be, was the freshness of the seafood. Sauces were respectful of that and complemented rather than overwhelmed.Special Features:
- PhenomenalChrisDined on 8/9/2014Delicious food presented beautifully without and pretentious attitude.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014restaurant atmosphere, service, and food quality, and chef's acomodations are excellent!Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulous experience.ChrisDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I were on vacation and staying at The James hotel next door. The concierge at The James recommended The Lure and we went for dinner on a Friday night. The food was so good that we went back Saturday night. Everyone was so welcoming and pleasant. Our waiter Dennis was so helpful regarding the menu the first night that we requested him the second night. Now, we went during "Miami Spice" which offered a price fixe menu and made the dinners more than reasonable but I would gladly pay the slightly high prices for the quality of food the kitchen prepares. If you are in town, make a point of going.Special Features:
- Deserves to become a SoBe stapleJbellittiVIPDined on 8/7/2014This place is always exceptional! One of the best restaurants on South Beach. The seafood is incredibly fresh and the service on point. It's a great spot if you want a great meal with a nice ambience that is not just "trendy". Offering the Miami Spice menu that changes every week in the month of August!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostlytoydocVIPDined on 8/4/2014While the food is of a high quality, the portions and the pricing do not satisfy. Expect to get good quality, good service and very high pricing.Special Features:
- perfect!AvisobeDined on 8/4/2014the restaurant is charming. the service was good, the food is great!Special Features:
- SG13Dined on 8/4/2014Phenomenal sushi/great cocktails. I cannot say enough about the attentive wait staff.... Perfect.... Not intrusive at all. Great service. Wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!ChezTeRickDined on 8/3/2014Excellent! Tried the Miami Spice menu with three matching flutes of red wine. Good attentive service. Delicious and well presented food. Started off with a raw bar plate with super fresh oysters, tasty clams, and the largest shrimps on the market, served on a bed of ice with all the sauces that you don't need if the seafood is good enough. Main course; a shrimp risotto with perfectly cooked shrimps, still juicy and tender, which is rare for most risotto makers. Wrapped up with a fabulous key lie pie. I'm probably biased, since it is my favorite dessert, but it was still in the top 90th percentile. The matching wines were quite good; the first one a young nebbiolo, the second one - a delicious merlot, the third escapes me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceTBruDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was amazing, the service was top notch. As a local, I can't wait to come back, the oysters were simply amazing, best in town by far!Special Features: