Lure New York
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Lure New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lurefishbar.com/
- Phone: (212) 431-7676
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 11:00 to 3:30
Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Monday-Thursday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Capon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lure New York
Contemporary American Seafood featuring an extensive raw bar and first class sushi program. The striking design is reminiscent of the interior of an elegant cruise ship. We offer amazing cocktails and a well crafted 250 bottle wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lure New York - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Lure New York reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (133)good for groups (109)hot spot (101)special occasion (94)neighborhood gem (92)vibrant bar scene (92)great for lunch (63)notable wine list (62)romantic (61)great for brunch (24)late-night find (22)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Good fish.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014Sat me next to my lover. In the corner. You did well.Special Features:
- Great spoteastern00VIPDined on 9/15/2014I've been meaning to try Lure for quite some time and am so glad I finally did. Very warm and attentive service and the food surpassed expectations. Each dish was just the right size portion and the flavors were extremely well balanced and nuanced. Definitely recommend for a fun group get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So MuchdianerubyDined on 9/14/2014I know there are fans of Lure but I definitely would not go here again. I make better fish dishes my self especially whole fish. The other diners food was good but nothing spectacular considering the price. Would not go back and we were entertaining.
- Birthday at LurefishkodakDined on 9/13/2014Great place to celebrate something during the weekend. Reservations were surprisingly easy to make on Friday for Saturday 5pm for a large group of people. Food is excellent. For me the coolest feature of this place is design mimicking interior of a boat.Special Features:
- Great sushi in Soho!asg101VIPDined on 9/9/2014My first time at Lure in NYC. Food was very good. Service was terrific. We had a wonderful waitress and the sushi was fresh and delicious. The only negative would be the noise level was very loud!We had a table tucked away in the corner so I did not get the full vibe of the restaurant but I would certainly go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish is good!MariVIPDined on 9/7/2014Surf & Turf is not good. But then again, it's called Lure. Probably my own fault for getting steak at a seafood restaurant.
- Bucket List New YorkBucketlistNewYorkVIPDined on 9/6/2014Lure was quite delicious! I highly recommend the sushi - it was very fresh and unique. The rolls we tried had different flavors and spins that were quite great compared to traditional sushi rolls. Their special roll for the evening with pico de gallo was probably one of the best sushi rolls I've ever had the experience to enjoy. Their cocktails were quite nice as well. To see pictures of my dining experience at Lure, please visit @bucketlistNY on instagram.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay ambiance, yum food, LOUD!sizzleVIPDined on 9/3/2014it is downright deafening in there! food was quite tasty, not sure if i can justify the prices for all the items. friend and i would have spent $250 + tip ($300+ for two people) were it not for happy hour (spent $215 including tip). note we each had two happy hour cocktails. will come back next time when i'm not super hungry! good service.
- Refreshing menu, good serviceKittyCDined on 9/2/2014Food is very interesting and menu is exciting. It is a very vibrant restaurant. As the evening wears on, the noise level gets very loud. If you want a less loud experience, go at the very start of service.Special Features:
- Family favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014We stop here every time we are in from Los Angeles....love the food, love the setting, love the service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/29/2014My fish and chips was salty. The clam chowder soup was a little salty and rich. California roll was not a traditional one. Also I find this restaurant was overrated and expensive.
- ExcellentSteveVIPDined on 8/28/2014Food, service and ambiance are great. Expensive, but worth it once in a while.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Brought my husband there for the first time, a bit noisy but very vibrant atmosphere. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent foodAngieVIPDined on 8/25/2014I'm coming here for many years and have never been disappointed. Always order raw seafood, oysters, clams, cooked fish dishes. Everything is excellent and tasty. try this wonderful gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Overall ExperienceDrewlovefoodDined on 8/24/2014The food was excellent and tasty. The place had a nice ambiance. The waitress took a while to follow up with us but she explained everything we asked her clear and precisely. The servings could be a bit more for the prices, but overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisechingchongDined on 8/22/2014The food is good. However, the place is way too noise. I couldn't wait to get out. As soon as we finished our main course, we paid and left for other venue for our coffee and dessert.Special Features:
- A Definite Must for Seafood Lovers!ComidaseliciosaNYCRW14Dined on 8/22/2014I experienced Lure for restaurant week last year and have not forgotten the food, service and lively ambiance. I have talked about it to all my seafood loving friends. I was there for a belated Birthday dinner, and it was worth every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fresh seafoodFoodieDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I stopped here for drinks a while back and decided to come back for dinner, since the menu looked very appealing. We ordered the Chatham Cod and the Blue Point oysters. The fish was very fresh, but to tell the truth, it didn't blow me away, and the oysters were very pretty ordinary. I wish we had ordered the grilled octopus instead. I think the issue was more a matter of our choices than the quality of the food. We ate at the bar, and the bartender, Rebecca was awesome--she was fun and very friendly and made the experience very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueTDined on 8/15/2014Food was GREAT....this was my second visit to Lure first was for lunch, this time for a birthday dinner. Very crowded, but reservation time was right on schedule. Will definitely return on my next trip to NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014The atmosphere is casual and quiet on an early Friday evening. The service is decent and attentive. Seafood dishes are clean, simple, and refreshing. The restaurant week menu serves meals on a lighter end if you are looking for a meal that is not too heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceACampDined on 8/15/2014Went to Lure for Restaurant Week and really enjoy delicious seafood food. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truffleDined on 8/15/2014We went for lunch during restaurant week and the food was very good and nicely presented. It was a nice space with a good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RW lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The food was good, service was quick. I would go for entrees the sushi was nothing too impressive. We had to ask for a bread basket though. I would def recommend for lunch restaurant week. Otherwise it can be pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, once againOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014Came here for late dinner with a couple of friends visiting. The 4 of us were seated promptly, waiter was and fun and very helpful. Their restaurant week menu is the best deal in town, all dishes are exceptional! My friend's shrimp tempura were so delicate and crispy, yummy! The steamed red snapper was from a different planet. Amazing! We never felt rushed. The decor is very nice (a tiny cold for me but still!) You can have a proper conversation without yelling yet their is still some ambiance! I love this restaurant. I should come more often. From beginning to end, it was amazing.Special Features:
- worth the tripDeeDeeDined on 8/14/2014My husband & I make the trip from Staten Island at least 2x a yr. to go to Lure. There is nothing like it on Staten Island. The food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshest oysters in NYCmrsCVIPDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful oysters (though a bit small). Salmon cooked so perfectly -- I'm jealous. Wish I could make salmon that comes out that well. All in all -- a great meal.Special Features:
- Would definitely go againeater101Dined on 8/14/2014Came here for restaurant week and had a very good time. Unlike a lot of other restaurants that have "special" menus, Lure offered many of their regular appetizers and mains. All of the seafood we ordered was fresh and well-prepared. The swordfish was particularly delicious, as well as their warm chocolate cake with ice cream and popcorn. When we started our lunch, the restaurant was mostly empty and quiet. By the time we got dessert, the space had filled up with more diners and it got really loud (interior made to look like a yacht, so lots of hard surfaces, I guess). Overall, service was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodSNSINNYCVIPDined on 8/13/2014Love the food but can do without the crowd and the noise level. Tables are so close to your neighbor that you can partake in their conversations. While the food is good there are too many other great seafood restaurants in NYC where the space and noise level are far more relaxed.Special Features:
- Amazing!ImaniVIPDined on 8/12/2014Went for restaurant week and they exceeded my expectations. The ambience puts you in the "at sea" mood, hence seafood restaurant. The hand-crafted cocktails are superb, was nice to see a unique cocktail listing with great deail and thought put into the ingredients versus a long listing of generic cocktails. Not many (none other than Lure, I've expereince so far), gives you a half dozen of oysters on the half shell for an appetizer on restaurant week. Main course had great selections as well and they included the special of the day as another bonus option. Chocolate cake w/ salted caramel ice cream & popcorn garnish = Best Dessert ever! Long story short, I will be returning again even if its not restaurant week! Excellent option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionfoodtVIPDined on 8/11/2014Came to Lure just on a whim. Ive always heard great things about this place and they delivered on every aspect of it. The signature cocktails are $16 and worth every dollar. Nothing is worse than a pricey lackluster drink. The drink were amazing. They did a good job featuring some of their best dishes on the Restaurant Week menu. Excited to have a new place to dine when shopping in Soho.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014This was our second visit and while we liked it the first time we loved it this time. The food and waiter were great and the place had a great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snadyDined on 8/11/2014We've been to Lure several times and it never disappoints. The fish is impeccable and well prepared, great wine list, and excellent service.Special Features:
- Service & FoodmomoeDined on 8/11/2014Service from bus boys is very bad, they are rude. Food is great, it is very fresh. However, their donuts doesn't have the right texture and too oily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly variabledancingfoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Though reservations for the times I wanted weren't available, Lure was at least 35% empty when I was there, which included unavailable times. Appetizer and dessert were exceptionally good, but the sushi was disappointingly pedestrian, with small pieces. Green tea was a mediocre bag. Ambiance and service were very good.Special Features:
- Excelent service!!MonicDined on 8/10/2014I had a great time, all was perfect! Really good food and service. Personal very nice!! I recomend this restaurant for special occasions like aniversaries, romantic dinner, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lure: Not a Great CatchMReviewsDined on 8/10/2014The food was mostly good; for the right stuff a 3 (out of 5). One of our special of the day entrees (the Rockfish) must've been the end of the batch, because it came out overcooked and rumpled skin. After sending it back the flounder was better. The service on the other hand, well atrocious is the only way I can describe it. They rank a 1 star for the service. We were seated promptly and then waited 20 minutes before we even got water. There must have been a shift change at 7:15, on a Sunday or else they just were inept. VERY disappointed after being so highly rated. Can't say to anyone it's worth a try, even with decent food. Skip the 'al'lure of this place and try one of the dozens of other great seafood/sushi places in the Village.
- Great FoodJGintheNYDined on 8/9/2014Although our waiter was a bit new the food was delicious. I had the Mayan Grilled Prawns and my dinner guest had the sashimi. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Great seafood and fun decordawnDined on 8/8/2014Loved the creative interior decor that makes you really feel like you're dining inside a luxury yacht. The raw platter was delicious and clearly using some of the best and freshest quality seafood. The entrees were just ok and not particularly noteworthy, would really go back for the raw seafood platters and desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really solid seafoodcraignycVIPDined on 8/8/2014Four of us went and all had really good meals. Great sushi and all the fish was excellent. Raw bar was good as well. I recommend you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelodyDined on 8/8/2014They need more training for the waiterservice people. They need to know better what they are serving and if not, they must get the information right away so that the cusomers can pleace orders better. The person who is serving was training a young person and I was afraid that the younger one does not learn much from the person showing her. It was quite noisey and had a hard time conversing. All that said, the food was good and my friends were happy. That is all that counts for me since I was the one to ask them to try this place.Special Features: