Lure New York
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Lure New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lurefishbar.com/
- Phone: 2124317676
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday & Monday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Tuesday-Thursday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Capon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lure New York
Contemporary American Seafood featuring an extensive raw bar and first class sushi program. The striking design is reminiscent of the interior of an elegant cruise ship. We offer amazing cocktails and a well crafted 250 bottle wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lure New York - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Lure New York reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (150)special occasion (123)good for groups (110)neighborhood gem (102)hot spot (100)vibrant bar scene (90)great for lunch (82)romantic (76)notable wine list (59)great for brunch (38)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Family favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014We stop here every time we are in from Los Angeles....love the food, love the setting, love the service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/29/2014My fish and chips was salty. The clam chowder soup was a little salty and rich. California roll was not a traditional one. Also I find this restaurant was overrated and expensive.
- Consistently excellent foodAngieVIPDined on 8/25/2014I'm coming here for many years and have never been disappointed. Always order raw seafood, oysters, clams, cooked fish dishes. Everything is excellent and tasty. try this wonderful gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food was excellent and tasty. The place had a nice ambiance. The waitress took a while to follow up with us but she explained everything we asked her clear and precisely. The servings could be a bit more for the prices, but overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014The food is good. However, the place is way too noise. I couldn't wait to get out. As soon as we finished our main course, we paid and left for other venue for our coffee and dessert.Special Features:
- A Definite Must for Seafood Lovers!ComidaseliciosaNYCRW14Dined on 8/22/2014I experienced Lure for restaurant week last year and have not forgotten the food, service and lively ambiance. I have talked about it to all my seafood loving friends. I was there for a belated Birthday dinner, and it was worth every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fresh seafoodFoodieDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I stopped here for drinks a while back and decided to come back for dinner, since the menu looked very appealing. We ordered the Chatham Cod and the Blue Point oysters. The fish was very fresh, but to tell the truth, it didn't blow me away, and the oysters were very pretty ordinary. I wish we had ordered the grilled octopus instead. I think the issue was more a matter of our choices than the quality of the food. We ate at the bar, and the bartender, Rebecca was awesome--she was fun and very friendly and made the experience very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueTDined on 8/15/2014Food was GREAT....this was my second visit to Lure first was for lunch, this time for a birthday dinner. Very crowded, but reservation time was right on schedule. Will definitely return on my next trip to NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014The atmosphere is casual and quiet on an early Friday evening. The service is decent and attentive. Seafood dishes are clean, simple, and refreshing. The restaurant week menu serves meals on a lighter end if you are looking for a meal that is not too heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceACampDined on 8/15/2014Went to Lure for Restaurant Week and really enjoy delicious seafood food. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truffleDined on 8/15/2014We went for lunch during restaurant week and the food was very good and nicely presented. It was a nice space with a good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RW lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The food was good, service was quick. I would go for entrees the sushi was nothing too impressive. We had to ask for a bread basket though. I would def recommend for lunch restaurant week. Otherwise it can be pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, once againJulienNewYorkVIPDined on 8/14/2014Came here for late dinner with a couple of friends visiting. The 4 of us were seated promptly, waiter was and fun and very helpful. Their restaurant week menu is the best deal in town, all dishes are exceptional! My friend's shrimp tempura were so delicate and crispy, yummy! The steamed red snapper was from a different planet. Amazing! We never felt rushed. The decor is very nice (a tiny cold for me but still!) You can have a proper conversation without yelling yet their is still some ambiance! I love this restaurant. I should come more often. From beginning to end, it was amazing.Special Features:
- worth the tripDeeDeeDined on 8/14/2014My husband & I make the trip from Staten Island at least 2x a yr. to go to Lure. There is nothing like it on Staten Island. The food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshest oysters in NYCmrsCVIPDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful oysters (though a bit small). Salmon cooked so perfectly -- I'm jealous. Wish I could make salmon that comes out that well. All in all -- a great meal.Special Features:
- Would definitely go againeater101Dined on 8/14/2014Came here for restaurant week and had a very good time. Unlike a lot of other restaurants that have "special" menus, Lure offered many of their regular appetizers and mains. All of the seafood we ordered was fresh and well-prepared. The swordfish was particularly delicious, as well as their warm chocolate cake with ice cream and popcorn. When we started our lunch, the restaurant was mostly empty and quiet. By the time we got dessert, the space had filled up with more diners and it got really loud (interior made to look like a yacht, so lots of hard surfaces, I guess). Overall, service was very good.Special Features:
- Amazing!ImaniVIPDined on 8/12/2014Went for restaurant week and they exceeded my expectations. The ambience puts you in the "at sea" mood, hence seafood restaurant. The hand-crafted cocktails are superb, was nice to see a unique cocktail listing with great deail and thought put into the ingredients versus a long listing of generic cocktails. Not many (none other than Lure, I've expereince so far), gives you a half dozen of oysters on the half shell for an appetizer on restaurant week. Main course had great selections as well and they included the special of the day as another bonus option. Chocolate cake w/ salted caramel ice cream & popcorn garnish = Best Dessert ever! Long story short, I will be returning again even if its not restaurant week! Excellent option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionfoodtVIPDined on 8/11/2014Came to Lure just on a whim. Ive always heard great things about this place and they delivered on every aspect of it. The signature cocktails are $16 and worth every dollar. Nothing is worse than a pricey lackluster drink. The drink were amazing. They did a good job featuring some of their best dishes on the Restaurant Week menu. Excited to have a new place to dine when shopping in Soho.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014This was our second visit and while we liked it the first time we loved it this time. The food and waiter were great and the place had a great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snadyDined on 8/11/2014We've been to Lure several times and it never disappoints. The fish is impeccable and well prepared, great wine list, and excellent service.Special Features:
- Service & FoodmomoeDined on 8/11/2014Service from bus boys is very bad, they are rude. Food is great, it is very fresh. However, their donuts doesn't have the right texture and too oily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly variabledancingfoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Though reservations for the times I wanted weren't available, Lure was at least 35% empty when I was there, which included unavailable times. Appetizer and dessert were exceptionally good, but the sushi was disappointingly pedestrian, with small pieces. Green tea was a mediocre bag. Ambiance and service were very good.Special Features:
- Excelent service!!MonicDined on 8/10/2014I had a great time, all was perfect! Really good food and service. Personal very nice!! I recomend this restaurant for special occasions like aniversaries, romantic dinner, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lure: Not a Great CatchMReviewsDined on 8/10/2014The food was mostly good; for the right stuff a 3 (out of 5). One of our special of the day entrees (the Rockfish) must've been the end of the batch, because it came out overcooked and rumpled skin. After sending it back the flounder was better. The service on the other hand, well atrocious is the only way I can describe it. They rank a 1 star for the service. We were seated promptly and then waited 20 minutes before we even got water. There must have been a shift change at 7:15, on a Sunday or else they just were inept. VERY disappointed after being so highly rated. Can't say to anyone it's worth a try, even with decent food. Skip the 'al'lure of this place and try one of the dozens of other great seafood/sushi places in the Village.
- Great FoodJGintheNYDined on 8/9/2014Although our waiter was a bit new the food was delicious. I had the Mayan Grilled Prawns and my dinner guest had the sashimi. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Great seafood and fun decordawnDined on 8/8/2014Loved the creative interior decor that makes you really feel like you're dining inside a luxury yacht. The raw platter was delicious and clearly using some of the best and freshest quality seafood. The entrees were just ok and not particularly noteworthy, would really go back for the raw seafood platters and desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really solid seafoodcraignycVIPDined on 8/8/2014Four of us went and all had really good meals. Great sushi and all the fish was excellent. Raw bar was good as well. I recommend you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelodyDined on 8/8/2014They need more training for the waiterservice people. They need to know better what they are serving and if not, they must get the information right away so that the cusomers can pleace orders better. The person who is serving was training a young person and I was afraid that the younger one does not learn much from the person showing her. It was quite noisey and had a hard time conversing. All that said, the food was good and my friends were happy. That is all that counts for me since I was the one to ask them to try this place.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseLoves2letotherscookDined on 8/7/2014The Restaurant Week menu and food were very good. Fortunately we were seated in a smaller - less noisy section - and could enjoy talking to each other.Special Features:
- Lure Has Me Hookedomphalos008Dined on 8/7/2014Lure has officially become my go to restaurant for lunch in SoHo. The oysters are ultra fresh and tasty - easily some of the best in Manhattan. Last time I visited I had the Miso Glazed Salmon off the restaurant week menu and it was brilliant. The salmon was cooked to perfection and served over a bed of sauteed sugar snap peas and shiitake mushrooms. I'm still craving those flavors and it's been a week. Dessert was amazing. A super simple butterscotch pot de creme that was just the ideal way to end the meal. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- Hostess staff needs work...NeicyVIPDined on 8/6/2014We went here for my husband's birthday.We arrived a bit early for our reservation and met the restaraunt packed with happy hour patrons.Understanding we would need to wait, one of the three the hostess VISABLY looked at my husband and my mother-up and down-with discust and proceeded to ask them to "step out of the sight line of the main entrance."Another told my mother "not to touch her flowers" and the other stood in silence as the other two snubbed my guests.The did not take offense becuase they have a patient nature. I, on the other hand, was visably appauled and decided to speak with the manager if my experience did not improve. Thankfully,it did.The food was excellent and the service staff were more than accomidating. He felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeKatieDined on 8/6/2014The place is an excellent way to spend time with co-workers or group of friends. We went there around 8-9pm on Wednesday and it was pretty noisy. Probably, not the place to have a romantic dinner on the first date. The food was delicious and I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because the reservation was made at 8:15 pm and we were not seated until 9:05pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeigborhoodGemDined on 8/6/2014Quite an extensive wine list and a great find on fish and seafood. Reasonably priced. Went for Restaurant Week but will be returning to try out some of their other menu items. Liked the decor - the inside of a ship.Special Features:
- Fresh & FantasticfoodislifeDined on 8/6/2014Visited this quaint restaurant (which has an awesome interior - I was literally in a Boat, hah) during restaurant week with a friend for lunch and holy smokes, everything we had was fantastic. Everything on their menu that we tried was fresh, flavorful, and left a really good positive impression. Oysters were very fresh, main course items were spot on, but their dessert, the butterscotch pudding, was simply amazing. Thanks so much Lure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/5/2014Good choice for a satisfying, even if not memorable Restaurant Week seafood lunch...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!fatkidproblemsDined on 8/4/2014Food was delicious and staff was friendly and engaging! Decor made your dining experience an out of New York adventureSpecial Features:
- The Lure ship ahoy!amasnycDined on 8/4/2014This place was such a trip when you walk down the stairs to the entrance and open the door you feel like you are entering a restaurant in an old time cruise liner. Port holes and huge openings similar to a ship and all the ceilings and walls were wrapped in wood. The food was spectacular. Went here for Restaurant week and ordered off the special menu. Heather, our server made it very easy for us she told us what to order an it was simply delicious. From the bottle of rose, salmon tartare, shrimp tempura, the entrees daurade and cod, then the finish pot de creme and choco cake. We left fully satisfied and The Lure gives us another reason to leave Chelsea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters are the way to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/4/2014Amazing oysters! I couldn't get enough. Also had the sushi and chocolate cake! The only downfall is that it was so loud so we couldn't have much of a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience.JenEmmDined on 8/3/2014Our experience at Lure was great. The ambiance is really nice and the decor is well done. The service was excellent, especially Adam the sommelier. He chose a perfect pairing for us that we enjoyed. The food was tasty and creative except the grilled prawns and polenta were a bit too salty for my taste but edible. The crusted tuna was perfect all around. The fish tacos were phenomenal and as was the crispy rice with tuna. The overall experience was wonderful. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- NYC Restaurant WeekJasmineDined on 8/1/2014This was my first time going to Lure although I've passed by it many times. I knew that by being an expensive restaurant they don't serve much but this night it was a bit over the top. I loved the miso salmon they served me and thought it was delicious. Not so much a big fan of the raw seafood appetizer but in all my meal was great. When we tried to order the octopus, they brought us a teeny tiny tentacle the size of my finger. And for $21 I might add! My meal was great but not outstanding and I was lucky it was restaurant weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.