Lure New York
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Lure New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lurefishbar.com/
- Phone: (212) 431-7676
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 11:00 to 3:30
Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Monday-Thursday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Capon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lure New York
Contemporary American Seafood featuring an extensive raw bar and first class sushi program. The striking design is reminiscent of the interior of an elegant cruise ship. We offer amazing cocktails and a well crafted 250 bottle wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lure New York - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Lure New York reviews from OpenTable diners
277 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (130)good for groups (106)hot spot (101)vibrant bar scene (95)special occasion (94)neighborhood gem (92)great for lunch (66)romantic (61)notable wine list (60)great for brunch (26)late-night find (21)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Lure is a classic that never gets ildyumyumDined on 11/16/2014Lure is a soho classic. It feels like old New York. I Love the nautical aesthetic. I love the varied menu. The rock shrimp tempura is out of this world. I have never been disappointed and I have been to Lure a lot! If you're lucky you might spot a pretty cool actor, so far I've seen Anthony Hopkins and Susan Saranden!Special Features:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgPatrickVIPDined on 11/15/2014Fish was cooked perfectly (which I have found is not always the case). Restaurant is chic with lots of beautiful (and rich lol) people there on a Saturday night. Service was very attentive. The one flaw was the signature cocktails.. they were not good.Special Features:
- Soooo GooooodJTS1Dined on 11/10/2014Place was amazing in all aspects. Waitress was very knowledgeable, not only about the food but also about the owner and the other restaurants he owns. Sommelier seemed like he loved his job and made great recommendations. We will be back!Special Features:
- visiting....SuttyDined on 11/10/2014Had some of my boys in from Toronto....and they like good food. Easy pick. Great spot. Sushi is top shelf. All good... Never had a bad meal there...Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerFleacynoVIPDined on 11/8/2014Had a very belated birthday dinner here. Don't skip the Lovely and energetic bar scene for pre dinner drinks. Although I'm a serious wine drinker one must peruse the cocktail list and enjoy one! Save the wonderful wine for dinner. The raw seafood was fresh and delicious, served promptly and paired well with wine. Entrees as special, perfectly crisp sea bass skin! My husband eats NO FISH and was very happy with his carnivore choices. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiLizzyack329Dined on 11/7/2014love the various sushi and sashimi! It's a cool scene too! The tuna tacos were one of the best I've ever eaten! Our non sushi loving daughter enjoyed her burger too!! Great food!Special Features:
- Would go backedstorm51Dined on 11/6/2014Great food. Enjoyed everything we had that night. Restaurant itself is very cool. Close to our hotel where we usually stay so would go back because so convenientSpecial Features:
- Grumpy hostessRegLocalVIPDined on 11/5/2014Lure is always reliable in terms of food and service. However, upon our arrival last time we were "greeted" by a rude and grumpy dark haired hostess. She seemed unhappy to be there and annoyed that I interrupted her lipstick application and she had to check us in. Did anybody tell her it's a hospitality industry she is in? :-) What a deterrent at the front door! Other than that we had a great night.Special Features:
- Good food--poor attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/5/2014I am a frequent diner at Lure and was extremely disappointed when the hostess, despite the restaurant being nearly empty, attempted to seat me first at the table at the corner of the bar next to the bus station and then at the table next to the front door. Very poor judgment on her part---the reservation was made 3-4 days in advance and there's absolutely no basis for that treatment. I complained, and was shown to a third table which I would also rate as a 'C' location.... Bad job Lure!!
- Not as loud as people say...diner130104VIPDined on 11/5/2014Went for a business lunch. No problem conversing over our table. Soup was excellent, as was the main course (cod). Service is a bit on the slow side.Special Features:
- lureSimonkVIPDined on 11/4/2014Nice restaurant great food and service but... noise is unbearable. Had to shout to be heard. Can something be done. I have never yet been exposed to so much noise. It may have hurt my ears. It may be good for people that go to restaurant to eat only not talk. The reason I went to Lure in Manhattan is that I have eaten at Lure in Miami and loved food, ambiance and service. And I could have quiet conversation there.Special Features:
- Terrible foodLLLLVIPDined on 11/2/2014We have dined at Lure many times, including brunch, it has really declined. Our food was cold and not cooked properly. When we told the waiter - he had no comment. When we told the hostess, she asked if we wanted to see the manager....really? I told two employees who should be notifying the kitchen and the manager.
- roberto127Dined on 10/31/2014Great seafood, drinks, atmosphere. Fun, cool decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The freshest sea foodRuthVIPDined on 10/31/2014The menu is amazing. It's always so hard to decide between the cooked fish or raw bar. It's a tad expensive but worth every cent! I go here quite a bit.Special Features:
- Not for us.gastrotouristVIPDined on 10/30/2014The great menu and good food should have allowed a good dining experience. But the rushed service and impossible acoustics made for a very unpleasant meal. We could not wait to leave. No second glass of wine; no dessert.Special Features:
- FrustratingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/27/2014We keep trying to like this place. The sushi is great and their burgers are yummy. We also tried the fried oyster appetizer this time and it was delicious. so what is our problem? We can't stand the noise! It is by far the noisiest restaurant in a city of noisy places. We could not hear each other or our guest. Maybe okay for the poseur dating scene of vapid folks with nothing to say. That seems to be the scene. Too bad. . .
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014This is my favorite restaurant! I dine frequently and everyone I bring loves it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreMaryDined on 10/25/2014Had heard the seafood was amazing, so was expecting something special. The service was OK, not great. The food was good, but nothing we haven't had before. Decor is great. Nothing was bad, so that's a plus! Good for big groups and easy to make it a quick meal if you need to get in and out quickly.Special Features:
- Reliably wonderfulpadareejVIPDined on 10/19/2014I have eaten here several times and have found that the food, the wine, and the service are ALWAYS top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be much betterFoodieNycKsVIPDined on 10/18/2014Used to be one of my favorites. Service and food quality have gone downhill.
- Creative boat decorMickoDined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and was not disappointed. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- londonvisitorDined on 10/17/2014Good food and service but extremely noisy and lighting poor - ambient lighting can be low but why can't restaurants spotlight tables so that menus can be read and food visually appreciated.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Great service and great food. Our waiter was a pleasure.Special Features:
- kodakDined on 10/17/2014We took out an external speaker to Lurefish for a lunch on Friday. Although the restaurant specializes in fish, they were able to cook pasta for our guest, who turned out to be vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a night out...TAH1VIPDined on 10/14/2014Three of us went on a Wednesday night. Arrived around 6 PM. The food was absolutely delicious starting with the complimentary potato chips. I had the roasted cod with manila clams in a white wine sauce. Cooked to perfection and delicious. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great food with deafening noisefoodndatmosphereDined on 10/11/2014Went to lure on a Saturday night -9:45 reservation. Seated immediately. The deafening noise put a damper on the evening from the start to the finish of the meal. It is a definitely a scene type restaurant and very difficult to talk to your dinner companion. On the positive front,the food was delicious!! Was a little disturbed by the pour of our $14 glasses of wine. The glasses we initially got were less than 1/4 filled.When we complained to waitress she advised that was the standard pour. When we pressed the issue, she politely brought the bottle back and poured a more acceptable amount. Although our apps, entrée and desert were awesome, we wouldn't return because of the noise.Special Features:
- Still Amazinglasinnyc01VIPDined on 10/7/2014Lure continues to be GREAT even after all these years, actually BETTER THAN EVER! The menu is incredible and each and every item was STELLAR! It's so hard these days to find a restaurant that's consistently good. The service was very good. I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014Food was very good, but the music was so loud that it made it difficult to carry on a conversation during dinner. We don't mind energetic bars/restaurants, but the volume was one level above acceptable. It becomes exhausting to have to repeat yourself over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed.BrunchalotVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been to Lure several times. It is usually my go to spot for out of town guests. This visit was just off. I know it can be busy. However the host never came and got us for our table. I kept checking back and they said not yet...a few more minutes. Finally we just ended up get apps at the bar. After awhile I went to the hostess and her response was - you should have kept checking back. Really? Just ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iski5OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014You can't go wrong with Lure Fishbar. It's my favorite seaford restaurant downtown Manhattan. Oysters, sushi, crabcakes, cooked fish. It's all great. It does get very loud though as the restaurant is usually packed. One note of needed improvement- waiter has to learn how to pour wine. Our last waiter splattered it around the table with no regard how much ended up in the glassSpecial Features:
- Exciting but loadintermittentcommentatorDined on 9/26/2014The place is beautiful and the food is very good. However, it is so loud that unless you plan on shouting, conversation is pretty much out.Special Features:
- great comfort foodfashiontravelDined on 9/25/2014Fun atmosphere with a good mix of groups & couples. Only down side was being made to wait for 30 mins for our table at the small bar that feels like a corridor. Great food though & really good waiter service.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Great restaurant! I gave the Ambiance 4 stars only due to noise level. Food was top notch! Seafood mainly but had steaks and chicken on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMnyceatsDined on 9/24/2014Had a Wednesday evening reservation for 6 guests. Everything ordered was spectacular. Appetizers ordered: Lobster tempura rolls, Spicy Tuna rolls, Oysters and poblano peppers...all amazing! Dinner: the hamburger was surprisingly good, lobster ravioli, branzino, tuna and another white fish were all cooked and seasoned to perfection. Portions were satisfying as long as appetizers and sides are ordered. Don't leave without having the warm chocolate cake and ice cream sandwiches for dessert!Special Features:
- MariaAbnerDined on 9/22/2014Amazing place! Amazing food! Perfect service! I was celebrating my BDay and I had such a lovely time!!!! The best oysters and salmon I've ever tried!!!!!!!!!!!!! Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great Food8outDined on 9/22/2014Food is excellent. A bit loud but the atmosphere and food quality make up for it. Bring your credit cards. It's expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soho seafood favouriteTheSwedeDined on 9/18/2014I have stayed in Soho a few weeks at a time and often visit Lure Fishbar, as it was recommended to me by a friend who lived in the area. I just love how it has a little bit of everything: fun decor (since my father was a navy captain I feel at home inside this little "ship"), great sushi (try the special rolls.. yummie!) and good looking people. During late evenings at the end of the week the volume of course rises, so if you don´t like noisy restaurants then this is not the place for you (or arrive earlier)! For us who like the energy and buzz that is NYC then Lure is a great spot! Besides good seafood they also have a nice bar if you want to get a drink and chat with a friend or date! Both cosy and cool at the same time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-Lure-ingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2014Lure is one of the most vibrant Soho spots and never fails to please on food and scene. Lively at brunch and dinner, and a perfect spot for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fish.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014Sat me next to my lover. In the corner. You did well.Special Features:
- Great spoteastern00VIPDined on 9/15/2014I've been meaning to try Lure for quite some time and am so glad I finally did. Very warm and attentive service and the food surpassed expectations. Each dish was just the right size portion and the flavors were extremely well balanced and nuanced. Definitely recommend for a fun group get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.