Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar
38040 Third Street
Willoughby, OH 44094Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lure-bistro.com/
- Phone: (440) 951-8862
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday | 4pm - 10pm
Friday and Saturday | 4pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jaret Havanchak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Wednesday Nights (Summer) - Live Entertainment On The Patio
- Special Events: Mondays - Half Price Wine Bottles
Tuesday - Half Price Sushi Night
Wednesday - Live Entertainment (Summer)
Thursday - AYCE Crab Legs (Summer)
A word from Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar
At Lure Bistro we create a gourmet dining experience. We strive to make your dining fun and exciting. Our cuisine is influenced by the seasons, flavors and styles of many cultures so diners can enjoy many different styles of fusion cusine. We combine local seasonal ingredients with an infinite spectrum of seafood from around the globe is the basis for Chef Jaret Havanchaks culinary philosophy. We invite our diners to explore traditional offerings with new and refreshing flavors and textures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Willoughby ›
Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)great for outdoor dining (71)fit for foodies (59)special occasion (41)good for groups (38)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (24)notable wine list (17)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- gjcOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We have been going to the lure for about 10 years and have always had great dining experiences. The menu always has something new along with long standing favorites. Additionally, I find the prices very reasonable for the quality of food. Your staff always makes our experience memorable and rewarding. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Great service and good food! Had a baby in our party and very accommodating with a high chair and seating location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICE NEEDS WORKfoodiesquaredDined on 11/18/2014Hello - I have visited Lure on many occasions and normally sit at a table. There is only one server who I am always pleased with and that is Bill. Other than that, most of the servers are sub-par. I keep coming back to Lure because of half-price sushi, and that is all. This past time, my boyfriend and I sat at the bar. It was packed, and we gave up our reservation to a couple with a kid who's reservation got messed up. At first we didn't mind getting sat at the bar, because we could then enjoy the HH offerings (which should really be allowed at the tables I feel). However, the bar was PACKED, every seat was full and there was only one bartender. She had to take care of everyone, and on top of that she had to make the drinks ordered in the restaurant. Now I understand that she was busy, but it took her about 5-7 minutes to even get us a drink. She acknowledged us and kept saying I'll be right with you, but still. After that, any time we asked for anything, she made a face. Never a smile, never said no problem I'll get you that. And I had to ask for water twice, my sushi was spicy and I only had wine to drink. It's not a fun atmosphere when the bartender makes you feel like a burden for sitting at her bar. I was trying to be understanding and think that she is really busy, but the poor service got to be a little out of hand. I really think it unacceptable to only have one bartender staffed on half-priced sushi night. Please take what I am saying into consideration, because I don't want to stop coming to Lure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good experience.MickDined on 11/15/2014The service was good, waiter friendly and knowledgeable, setting was very nice, warm, food was excellent and the costs were reasonable. Very nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeffrey 38625Jeffrey38625Dined on 11/11/2014Great sushi on Tuesday night. Bernie was the best server ever. Will keep going back to Lure in the future.Special Features:
- Your clam bake rocks!!BetsDined on 11/8/2014Wish you could have the clam bakes every weekend in November too!! Only complaint was: The corn cream brulee was sort of cold. I prefer mine hot. But it tasted wonderful.....clam chowder was amazing - clams were best I have had Your Saturday happy hour is great!! Love the house wines I LOVE THIS PLACE AND AM PASSING ALONG KUDOSSpecial Features:
- AlphaOneSixDined on 11/7/2014I believe that the second floor seating would be a bit more quiet than the main dining level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBcampDined on 11/7/2014Great place great food , great overall, I would recommend it to all , got right in as soon as we walked in , did online RSVP , was easy and fastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food was great....best potstickers & spicy noodles. A little disappointed with the cocktails...we tried ordering a few different drinks off the menu and they were not available (habernero margarita & mojito). Great atmosphere & great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014The noise level was so high, that we had to shout at each other to be heard, but the food was delicious and the service excellent.Special Features:
- Always goodAmybDined on 10/22/2014Went for prime rib night on Wednesdays. It was excellent. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed with new menusnipsVIPDined on 10/17/2014We love Lures and it has been our go to place, but for many reasons we had not visited in a couple of months. We were very disappointed with the new menu as the samplings we tried were not cooked to our tastes. New treatments of regular menu items were disappointing. The Bay of Fundy Salmon and Lobster nachos were just OK and the Lobster Linguine was spiced in such a fashion that it was left half eaten. It was a Friday night and very loud and by the end of our meal conversation was not possible. Our server made it sound like cheese was a regular salad choice - like dressing - and then charged us $2.00 extra. We might try one of their Thursday "date night" continental menus offerings but I doubt if we will return for the regular menu.Special Features:
- SuuushiiiDavidVIPDined on 10/14/2014Love bringing friends here for Sushi and fresh fish dishes. It is really nice to try an American take on Sushi. Some of their combos are so interesting and fun. Plus their beer list promises something for every taste. We were upstairs, for a change, so not as noisy. Other than cold air blowing on my neck, it was an excellent time.Special Features:
- SushiLoversDined on 10/14/2014Always one of our favorite go-to spots - great sushiSpecial Features:
- Good Local PlaceMTSAMDined on 10/14/2014Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar is a good local place that offers good food and service. We like it better in the summer when you can enjoy the outdoor dining and bar. It can be a little loud inside so the although we like the ambiance, I wouldn't call it romantic. The service is good but our server made an error entering my dinner and although he fixed the problem, I think it effected my wife's dinner as the steak was a little over cooked. Mistakes happen we won't hold this against them as the server did let us know about the error and delay it caused. Overall I recommend this place and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 10/11/2014Delicious food but very noisy! We sat by the window which was very nice.Special Features:
- Completely OutstandingmariannDined on 10/11/2014Delightfully surprised to be presented with a Gluten-free menu upon being seated at the table! I have dined at Lure several times in the past few years and have always been able to find something to eat but this time I did not have to explain or search through the offerings - everything was listed that I could eat - all I had to do was pick:) It is Clambake season in NE Ohio and Lure offers an amazing clambake option during the season. Our party enjoyed the Sushi Sampler, Field Greens Salads, Carrot/Ginger Soup, Miso Soup, Salmon, Grouper, Walleye and Lobster Linquine. Every presentation was spectacular - Every meal was delicious. Chef Jordan Walsh is talented and exacting and the staff at Lure is attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- winendineDined on 10/10/2014The Lure is a great place for a date night dinner. My husband and I had the clambake dinner (I had the lobster tail, he had the grouper). The food is always excellent and they have a great wine list, too! Service is outstanding. We will continue to go here for dinner, and will bring our family and friends, too! :)Special Features:
- Clam BakeBrianDined on 10/10/2014I have always been a fan of Lure, they have incredible sushi and amazing appetizers. But this time of the year they have their clam bake which is just as impressive. You get to choose from several main dishes such as crab legs, lobster tail, chicken, or grouper. Each meal comes with a bag of clam, two sides, and a bowl of clam chowder. Each of these dishes offer an incredible portion and taste amazing. I would highly recommend this place and their lesser known clam bake to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The food was absolutely excellent. We don't dine out all that often at mid to upscale restaurants so we were a bit disappointed in the service (too many things forgotten - too long to amend).Special Features:
- Too louddisappointedDined on 9/30/2014The place was extremely loud we could not carry on a conversations without screaming. We left to go to another restaurant in the area to have dessert and a drink talk without screaming.
- Lure BistrooccasionaldinerDined on 9/20/2014This was our first experience dining at this restaurant. We were celebrating a special occasion. I had read a few reviews of Lure and thought it would be an interesting place to try. My wife and I weren't disappointed. Service and food were excellent. I would recommend Lure to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half price sushi nightDeesquaredVIPDined on 9/16/2014I am a regular for half price sushi night. My experiences are almost always superb. The service is always great, Billy is by far my favorite server. The ambience is nice, great for a dinner with friends or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17anita5017anita50Dined on 9/13/2014Very delicious,and nice presentation. I don't drink wine, but apparently, the couple we were with, enjoyed the wine list immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I was recently at Lure to celebrate a friend's birthday. The Sushi was awesome and our server was great too. We went with the Chef's sampler platter and also ordered lobster nachos and the cajun fish tacos and shared everything. It was delicious and a way to try a little of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best grouper everRfdhDined on 9/13/2014My husband ordered the crab crusted grouper and it was the best grouper we have ever had. We'll both be getting that next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerSomewhatregularsDined on 9/12/2014We have heard about Lure for years and finally decided to check it out. The menu is eclectic with a strong lean toward seafood which is fine with me but my wife is more land based in her food choices. We started with Margaritas which were just OK. I also ordered an oyster shooter, which was delicious. Too icky and spicy for my wife. I ordered the Tuna Tartar appetizer and my wife had a salad. The tuna was nice and fresh and presented nicely. I ordered the snapper from the Chef Special list for my entrée and she ordered the twin tails with butter (of course). The snapper was delicious, one of the tails was mushy at the end. The green beans were excellent but the couscous was rather bland. All in all it was a good meal. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014We decided to celebrate a birthday by staying local. We searched through web media and found Lure. We were happy we chose this eatery due to its location and small dining. The food and drink list were ample. We saw food being served around us and we knew we were in for a great meal. The crab crusted grouper was superb. Service was impeccable, prices are so reasonable and we will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi NightlseibsDined on 9/9/2014Tuesdays are 1/2 price sushi night at Lure - be sure to make a reservation and be prepared to wait for your food, especially in the summer when both the patio and dining room are packed! The food is definitely worth the wait though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good and service, great!EpicuriousDined on 9/4/2014We tried the ayce crab legs, and they were a real treat....sweet, fresh and plentiful! The grouper is always wonderful, and my husband enjoyed that. Only problem was manager insisted on having the Indians on both tvs instead of putting tennis on one....a bummer!Special Features:
- Crab Legs-AYCEJojocatDined on 9/4/2014Crabs legs were delicious, never had to wait to get the next batch. Not many choices for a teenager. Use valet parking if you can, otherwise parking a nightmare on crab night.Special Features:
- Thursdays at LureBarbDined on 9/4/2014They have AYCE crab legs each Thurs in the summer. Enjoying an evening on the patio is wonderful. The staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushiBeauVIPDined on 9/2/2014Tuesday 1/2 off sushi a great value, services always friendly.Special Features:
- Disappointed...eruth03Dined on 8/29/2014I have been dining at Lure for years. A few years ago new owners took over I believe...The quality of the entrees have gone down and has been sub-par. The bar is great and sushi menu pretty good, but overall I feel the quality has decreased while the cost has stayed the same. Not sure it's at the top of my list any longer. I live around the corner and Downtown Willoughby has many great options. Consider other places for the cost. Still a great outdoor bar.Special Features:
- Good sushi!BeauVIPDined on 8/26/2014Half off sushi on Tuesday is a great mid week find. Outside patio is fun, outside bar area tables are loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The place was great, just a bit warm, the air conditioning was having a hard timeSpecial Features:
- Service was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed outside dinner. The food was fabulous and our waiter was greatSpecial Features:
- All You can eat crab legsBoggletooDined on 8/21/2014This was my second time at Lure Bistro and we ate outside this time, and inside the first time. I liked it outside as the weather wasn't too hot. The crab legs are the best you will find anywhere and they kept bringing us new batches of piping hot crab legs for as long as we wanted them. They only do this on Thursdays and both times we made the reservations through you. I absolutely love this place and highly recommend it if you are a crab leg lover!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful crab legsJackieDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful summer dining on their patio. Very pleasant with nice staff. Crab legs are awesome! They just keep coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We have been to Lure several times and we have always had great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.