Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar
38040 Third Street
Willoughby, OH 44094Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lure-bistro.com/
- Phone: 4409518862x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday | 4pm - 10pm
Friday and Saturday | 4pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jaret Havanchak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Wednesday Nights (Summer) - Live Entertainment On The Patio
- Special Events: Mondays - Half Price Wine Bottles
Tuesday - Half Price Sushi Night
Wednesday - Live Entertainment (Summer)
Thursday - AYCE Crab Legs (Summer)
A word from Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar
At Lure Bistro we create a gourmet dining experience. We strive to make your dining fun and exciting. Our cuisine is influenced by the seasons, flavors and styles of many cultures so diners can enjoy many different styles of fusion cusine. We combine local seasonal ingredients with an infinite spectrum of seafood from around the globe is the basis for Chef Jaret Havanchaks culinary philosophy. We invite our diners to explore traditional offerings with new and refreshing flavors and textures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Willoughby ›
Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (119)neighborhood gem (92)fit for foodies (62)good for groups (51)special occasion (51)hot spot (39)vibrant bar scene (39)romantic (28)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Lure BistrooccasionaldinerDined on 9/20/2014This was our first experience dining at this restaurant. We were celebrating a special occasion. I had read a few reviews of Lure and thought it would be an interesting place to try. My wife and I weren't disappointed. Service and food were excellent. I would recommend Lure to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half price sushi nightDeesquaredVIPDined on 9/16/2014I am a regular for half price sushi night. My experiences are almost always superb. The service is always great, Billy is by far my favorite server. The ambience is nice, great for a dinner with friends or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17anita5017anita50Dined on 9/13/2014Very delicious,and nice presentation. I don't drink wine, but apparently, the couple we were with, enjoyed the wine list immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I was recently at Lure to celebrate a friend's birthday. The Sushi was awesome and our server was great too. We went with the Chef's sampler platter and also ordered lobster nachos and the cajun fish tacos and shared everything. It was delicious and a way to try a little of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best grouper everRfdhDined on 9/13/2014My husband ordered the crab crusted grouper and it was the best grouper we have ever had. We'll both be getting that next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerSomewhatregularsDined on 9/12/2014We have heard about Lure for years and finally decided to check it out. The menu is eclectic with a strong lean toward seafood which is fine with me but my wife is more land based in her food choices. We started with Margaritas which were just OK. I also ordered an oyster shooter, which was delicious. Too icky and spicy for my wife. I ordered the Tuna Tartar appetizer and my wife had a salad. The tuna was nice and fresh and presented nicely. I ordered the snapper from the Chef Special list for my entrée and she ordered the twin tails with butter (of course). The snapper was delicious, one of the tails was mushy at the end. The green beans were excellent but the couscous was rather bland. All in all it was a good meal. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014We decided to celebrate a birthday by staying local. We searched through web media and found Lure. We were happy we chose this eatery due to its location and small dining. The food and drink list were ample. We saw food being served around us and we knew we were in for a great meal. The crab crusted grouper was superb. Service was impeccable, prices are so reasonable and we will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi NightlseibsDined on 9/9/2014Tuesdays are 1/2 price sushi night at Lure - be sure to make a reservation and be prepared to wait for your food, especially in the summer when both the patio and dining room are packed! The food is definitely worth the wait though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good and service, great!EpicuriousDined on 9/4/2014We tried the ayce crab legs, and they were a real treat....sweet, fresh and plentiful! The grouper is always wonderful, and my husband enjoyed that. Only problem was manager insisted on having the Indians on both tvs instead of putting tennis on one....a bummer!Special Features:
- Crab Legs-AYCEJojocatDined on 9/4/2014Crabs legs were delicious, never had to wait to get the next batch. Not many choices for a teenager. Use valet parking if you can, otherwise parking a nightmare on crab night.Special Features:
- Thursdays at LureBarbDined on 9/4/2014They have AYCE crab legs each Thurs in the summer. Enjoying an evening on the patio is wonderful. The staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushiBeauVIPDined on 9/2/2014Tuesday 1/2 off sushi a great value, services always friendly.Special Features:
- Disappointed...eruth03Dined on 8/29/2014I have been dining at Lure for years. A few years ago new owners took over I believe...The quality of the entrees have gone down and has been sub-par. The bar is great and sushi menu pretty good, but overall I feel the quality has decreased while the cost has stayed the same. Not sure it's at the top of my list any longer. I live around the corner and Downtown Willoughby has many great options. Consider other places for the cost. Still a great outdoor bar.Special Features:
- Good sushi!BeauVIPDined on 8/26/2014Half off sushi on Tuesday is a great mid week find. Outside patio is fun, outside bar area tables are loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The place was great, just a bit warm, the air conditioning was having a hard timeSpecial Features:
- Service was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed outside dinner. The food was fabulous and our waiter was greatSpecial Features:
- All You can eat crab legsBoggletooDined on 8/21/2014This was my second time at Lure Bistro and we ate outside this time, and inside the first time. I liked it outside as the weather wasn't too hot. The crab legs are the best you will find anywhere and they kept bringing us new batches of piping hot crab legs for as long as we wanted them. They only do this on Thursdays and both times we made the reservations through you. I absolutely love this place and highly recommend it if you are a crab leg lover!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful crab legsJackieDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful summer dining on their patio. Very pleasant with nice staff. Crab legs are awesome! They just keep coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We have been to Lure several times and we have always had great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHardtopleaseDined on 8/16/2014Lure never ceases to please, ever. The food was incredible and the pace of the meal was perfect for an enjoyable visit. Do not go here in a rush because you will miss something you shouldn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealsnipsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Lure is our "go to" restaurant in the area and it never fails to deliver. Our meals of the Maine scallops and the twin lobster tails were delicious and the service was great. Our favorite place for date night and a great way to end the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-you-can-eat crab legsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014$33 all-you-can-eat crabs legs every Thursday during the summer. Great experience. Also had $5 margarits and long islands.Special Features:
- More CrabIcaneatDined on 8/14/2014Attended special offering at Lure. AYCE Crab. Did 4 pounds of crab. Each batch always hot and crisp. Hope they run this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic foodCookiepussDined on 8/13/2014I am a huge baconator fan and will always come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RustyDined on 8/11/2014We have been enjoying LURE since the beginning. We had visitors from Denver CO & wanted to take them to someplace special. They are world travelers & that thoughly enjoyed LURE. Barb said she would come back to Willoughby --just to have the Grouper!! Thanks to all for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great food! Wonderful martini list!! Had a wonderful time on the large patio!! Only downside was our waitress seemed a little over zealous on getting us our bill!! I wanted a dessert martini but she dropped our bill off immediately after finished our dinner & was sitting at bar so we went to Willoughby Brewing Co to get a dessert drink!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOldGoat65Dined on 8/9/2014I had 6 of my immediate family members together for my oldest daughters birthday. The service was top rate as it always has been when I've had dinner at Lure. My daughter said that her meal was probably the best fish she's ever had. Everyone else liked their meal as well and I have a group that will speak their mind regarding restaurant meals. My son-in- law and I had the lobster salad along with some other items and it was excellent. Thanks for a terrific dining experience and helping to make my daughters celebration very enjoyable.Special Features:
- hankDined on 8/8/2014had a great time at the bar. dinner was ok my burger was to firm and dry for being cooked medieumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014our reservations were not reference on their end. Even though our confirmation back was correct and the call from the restaurant in the afternoon was correct. When we arrive, they had the incorrect party count, and outside seating and not our preferred indoor seating, which was not set up for 5. So a quick table set up had to be made and only was given 4 menus and not 5. But the server, Bernadette was exceptional and made us forget all about the set up. We would come back again of course and ask for her!! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time Poor SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was the second time someone in our party had a very tough , stringy inedible strip steak. When brought to there attention, nothing was done just like the first time. Nothing! Used to LOVE this restaurant, the waiters and the sushi. Would go back for the sushi for sure and the4 AYCE crab are fabulous.Special Features:
- Crab Legs GaloreBoggletooDined on 7/31/2014Our first trip to Lure Bistro for the "all you can eat crab legs" and they were everything we had expected. The crab legs were brought out in a steaming platter and just as we were finishing up our last bite, we were asked if we wanted more. So the legs kept coming for as long as we desired. They were cooked just right and most delicious. We could have been seated at a larger table as there just isn't enough room for the plates, bucket and crab platters on the small round tables for two.Special Features:
- Celebrating our anniversaryAndersonDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Lure and it was a perfect evening. We ate indoors because the weather was a bit rainy. Our server, Julie was knowledgeable of the menu and gave us both wonderful suggestions that turned out to be just what we wanted. The food was excellent as was the service. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Should go more oftenRayandJVIPDined on 7/26/2014Every time we eat dinner at Lure we comment on why we don't go more often. The food is always good,as is the service and general atmosphere. We will make an effort to patronize Lure more often as this is a truly nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crabs at LureIcaneatDined on 7/24/2014Participated in the Lure Crab Fest. Great succulent, crisp, hot, sweet snow crab. Salad was excellent as well as the slaw. Learned to order the slaw and fries on the side so not to get wet from the hot crab.Special Features:
- Great Service!ReesecupDined on 7/24/2014The waitress Julie was amazing! She kept our glasses and plates filled! The atmosphere is relaxing. Definitely a location for the mature crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed fantinkedDined on 7/23/2014I've been to Lure several times and was so dissapointed on my last visit. We went for a birthday dinner, the restaurant was slow. Our server was prompt but had no clue as to specials or the menu. Menu seemed compacted. I couldn't tell you how the food tasted as at 5:30 the staff was cleaning the floors with an over powering disinfectant, it's all we tasted. Looked the the staff was more interested in socializing with each other than the customers. First time I've ever reviewed any restaurant. But I hope the owners don't allow the gem they have in Lure to go downhill while focusing in the new location. I do not know if I'll be back.Special Features:
- mehmediocreDined on 7/22/2014Although voted "Best Sushi in Cleveland", it wasn't worth all the hype. It's expensive and not that fantastic. It was good, but not wonderful. Also there were a lot of flies in the dining room.Special Features:
- Perhaps a Bad NightRaePDined on 7/21/2014Went on a Monday night. Seems to have a lot of promise, and a large outside dining area is nice. Perhaps it was a bad night. The $12 starter was ok, but not carefully done. The grouper with crab had a delicious flavor but was almost lukewarm. My husband's Maine scallops were fabulous -- large and cooked perfectly. The place seemed overall to be too lackadaisical -- nice for an LA beach bar, but not enough professionalism or care for the cost of the dinner here. When we walked out many tables had not been cleaned up and staff were socializing elsewhere cheerfully. Seemed like after the party. Yet, we didn't try the sushi and people outside seemed happy, so I'm sure it's an ok place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014Food was very good however it was overshadowed by the deplorable service!
- Need butter warmers for crab legsOldfriendsDined on 7/17/2014Went for AYCE crab legs. Food was great but they really need to provide butter warmers. Crab legs got cold fast and butter started to harden. Had to ask for new butter 3 times.Special Features: