Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar
38040 Third Street
Willoughby, OH 44094Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lure-bistro.com/
- Phone: 4409518862x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday | 4pm - 10pm
Friday and Saturday | 4pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jaret Havanchak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Wednesday Nights (Summer) - Live Entertainment On The Patio
- Special Events: Mondays - Half Price Wine Bottles
Tuesday - Half Price Sushi Night
Wednesday - Live Entertainment (Summer)
Thursday - AYCE Crab Legs (Summer)
A word from Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar
At Lure Bistro we create a gourmet dining experience. We strive to make your dining fun and exciting. Our cuisine is influenced by the seasons, flavors and styles of many cultures so diners can enjoy many different styles of fusion cusine. We combine local seasonal ingredients with an infinite spectrum of seafood from around the globe is the basis for Chef Jaret Havanchaks culinary philosophy. We invite our diners to explore traditional offerings with new and refreshing flavors and textures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Willoughby ›
Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (106)neighborhood gem (93)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (53)special occasion (50)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (35)romantic (26)notable wine list (17)late-night find (9)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always goodAmybDined on 10/22/2014Went for prime rib night on Wednesdays. It was excellent. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed with new menusnipsVIPDined on 10/17/2014We love Lures and it has been our go to place, but for many reasons we had not visited in a couple of months. We were very disappointed with the new menu as the samplings we tried were not cooked to our tastes. New treatments of regular menu items were disappointing. The Bay of Fundy Salmon and Lobster nachos were just OK and the Lobster Linguine was spiced in such a fashion that it was left half eaten. It was a Friday night and very loud and by the end of our meal conversation was not possible. Our server made it sound like cheese was a regular salad choice - like dressing - and then charged us $2.00 extra. We might try one of their Thursday "date night" continental menus offerings but I doubt if we will return for the regular menu.Special Features:
- SuuushiiiDavidVIPDined on 10/14/2014Love bringing friends here for Sushi and fresh fish dishes. It is really nice to try an American take on Sushi. Some of their combos are so interesting and fun. Plus their beer list promises something for every taste. We were upstairs, for a change, so not as noisy. Other than cold air blowing on my neck, it was an excellent time.Special Features:
- SushiLoversDined on 10/14/2014Always one of our favorite go-to spots - great sushiSpecial Features:
- Good Local PlaceMTSAMDined on 10/14/2014Lure Bistro & Sushi Bar is a good local place that offers good food and service. We like it better in the summer when you can enjoy the outdoor dining and bar. It can be a little loud inside so the although we like the ambiance, I wouldn't call it romantic. The service is good but our server made an error entering my dinner and although he fixed the problem, I think it effected my wife's dinner as the steak was a little over cooked. Mistakes happen we won't hold this against them as the server did let us know about the error and delay it caused. Overall I recommend this place and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 10/11/2014Delicious food but very noisy! We sat by the window which was very nice.Special Features:
- Completely OutstandingmariannDined on 10/11/2014Delightfully surprised to be presented with a Gluten-free menu upon being seated at the table! I have dined at Lure several times in the past few years and have always been able to find something to eat but this time I did not have to explain or search through the offerings - everything was listed that I could eat - all I had to do was pick:) It is Clambake season in NE Ohio and Lure offers an amazing clambake option during the season. Our party enjoyed the Sushi Sampler, Field Greens Salads, Carrot/Ginger Soup, Miso Soup, Salmon, Grouper, Walleye and Lobster Linquine. Every presentation was spectacular - Every meal was delicious. Chef Jordan Walsh is talented and exacting and the staff at Lure is attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- winendineDined on 10/10/2014The Lure is a great place for a date night dinner. My husband and I had the clambake dinner (I had the lobster tail, he had the grouper). The food is always excellent and they have a great wine list, too! Service is outstanding. We will continue to go here for dinner, and will bring our family and friends, too! :)Special Features:
- Clam BakeBrianDined on 10/10/2014I have always been a fan of Lure, they have incredible sushi and amazing appetizers. But this time of the year they have their clam bake which is just as impressive. You get to choose from several main dishes such as crab legs, lobster tail, chicken, or grouper. Each meal comes with a bag of clam, two sides, and a bowl of clam chowder. Each of these dishes offer an incredible portion and taste amazing. I would highly recommend this place and their lesser known clam bake to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The food was absolutely excellent. We don't dine out all that often at mid to upscale restaurants so we were a bit disappointed in the service (too many things forgotten - too long to amend).Special Features:
- Too louddisappointedDined on 9/30/2014The place was extremely loud we could not carry on a conversations without screaming. We left to go to another restaurant in the area to have dessert and a drink talk without screaming.
- Lure BistrooccasionaldinerDined on 9/20/2014This was our first experience dining at this restaurant. We were celebrating a special occasion. I had read a few reviews of Lure and thought it would be an interesting place to try. My wife and I weren't disappointed. Service and food were excellent. I would recommend Lure to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half price sushi nightDeesquaredVIPDined on 9/16/2014I am a regular for half price sushi night. My experiences are almost always superb. The service is always great, Billy is by far my favorite server. The ambience is nice, great for a dinner with friends or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17anita5017anita50Dined on 9/13/2014Very delicious,and nice presentation. I don't drink wine, but apparently, the couple we were with, enjoyed the wine list immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I was recently at Lure to celebrate a friend's birthday. The Sushi was awesome and our server was great too. We went with the Chef's sampler platter and also ordered lobster nachos and the cajun fish tacos and shared everything. It was delicious and a way to try a little of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best grouper everRfdhDined on 9/13/2014My husband ordered the crab crusted grouper and it was the best grouper we have ever had. We'll both be getting that next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerSomewhatregularsDined on 9/12/2014We have heard about Lure for years and finally decided to check it out. The menu is eclectic with a strong lean toward seafood which is fine with me but my wife is more land based in her food choices. We started with Margaritas which were just OK. I also ordered an oyster shooter, which was delicious. Too icky and spicy for my wife. I ordered the Tuna Tartar appetizer and my wife had a salad. The tuna was nice and fresh and presented nicely. I ordered the snapper from the Chef Special list for my entrée and she ordered the twin tails with butter (of course). The snapper was delicious, one of the tails was mushy at the end. The green beans were excellent but the couscous was rather bland. All in all it was a good meal. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014We decided to celebrate a birthday by staying local. We searched through web media and found Lure. We were happy we chose this eatery due to its location and small dining. The food and drink list were ample. We saw food being served around us and we knew we were in for a great meal. The crab crusted grouper was superb. Service was impeccable, prices are so reasonable and we will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi NightlseibsDined on 9/9/2014Tuesdays are 1/2 price sushi night at Lure - be sure to make a reservation and be prepared to wait for your food, especially in the summer when both the patio and dining room are packed! The food is definitely worth the wait though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good and service, great!EpicuriousDined on 9/4/2014We tried the ayce crab legs, and they were a real treat....sweet, fresh and plentiful! The grouper is always wonderful, and my husband enjoyed that. Only problem was manager insisted on having the Indians on both tvs instead of putting tennis on one....a bummer!Special Features:
- Crab Legs-AYCEJojocatDined on 9/4/2014Crabs legs were delicious, never had to wait to get the next batch. Not many choices for a teenager. Use valet parking if you can, otherwise parking a nightmare on crab night.Special Features:
- Thursdays at LureBarbDined on 9/4/2014They have AYCE crab legs each Thurs in the summer. Enjoying an evening on the patio is wonderful. The staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushiBeauVIPDined on 9/2/2014Tuesday 1/2 off sushi a great value, services always friendly.Special Features:
- Disappointed...eruth03Dined on 8/29/2014I have been dining at Lure for years. A few years ago new owners took over I believe...The quality of the entrees have gone down and has been sub-par. The bar is great and sushi menu pretty good, but overall I feel the quality has decreased while the cost has stayed the same. Not sure it's at the top of my list any longer. I live around the corner and Downtown Willoughby has many great options. Consider other places for the cost. Still a great outdoor bar.Special Features:
- Good sushi!BeauVIPDined on 8/26/2014Half off sushi on Tuesday is a great mid week find. Outside patio is fun, outside bar area tables are loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The place was great, just a bit warm, the air conditioning was having a hard timeSpecial Features:
- Service was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed outside dinner. The food was fabulous and our waiter was greatSpecial Features:
- All You can eat crab legsBoggletooDined on 8/21/2014This was my second time at Lure Bistro and we ate outside this time, and inside the first time. I liked it outside as the weather wasn't too hot. The crab legs are the best you will find anywhere and they kept bringing us new batches of piping hot crab legs for as long as we wanted them. They only do this on Thursdays and both times we made the reservations through you. I absolutely love this place and highly recommend it if you are a crab leg lover!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful crab legsJackieDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful summer dining on their patio. Very pleasant with nice staff. Crab legs are awesome! They just keep coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We have been to Lure several times and we have always had great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHardtopleaseDined on 8/16/2014Lure never ceases to please, ever. The food was incredible and the pace of the meal was perfect for an enjoyable visit. Do not go here in a rush because you will miss something you shouldn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealsnipsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Lure is our "go to" restaurant in the area and it never fails to deliver. Our meals of the Maine scallops and the twin lobster tails were delicious and the service was great. Our favorite place for date night and a great way to end the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-you-can-eat crab legsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014$33 all-you-can-eat crabs legs every Thursday during the summer. Great experience. Also had $5 margarits and long islands.Special Features:
- More CrabIcaneatDined on 8/14/2014Attended special offering at Lure. AYCE Crab. Did 4 pounds of crab. Each batch always hot and crisp. Hope they run this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic foodCookiepussDined on 8/13/2014I am a huge baconator fan and will always come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RustyDined on 8/11/2014We have been enjoying LURE since the beginning. We had visitors from Denver CO & wanted to take them to someplace special. They are world travelers & that thoughly enjoyed LURE. Barb said she would come back to Willoughby --just to have the Grouper!! Thanks to all for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great food! Wonderful martini list!! Had a wonderful time on the large patio!! Only downside was our waitress seemed a little over zealous on getting us our bill!! I wanted a dessert martini but she dropped our bill off immediately after finished our dinner & was sitting at bar so we went to Willoughby Brewing Co to get a dessert drink!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOldGoat65Dined on 8/9/2014I had 6 of my immediate family members together for my oldest daughters birthday. The service was top rate as it always has been when I've had dinner at Lure. My daughter said that her meal was probably the best fish she's ever had. Everyone else liked their meal as well and I have a group that will speak their mind regarding restaurant meals. My son-in- law and I had the lobster salad along with some other items and it was excellent. Thanks for a terrific dining experience and helping to make my daughters celebration very enjoyable.Special Features:
- hankDined on 8/8/2014had a great time at the bar. dinner was ok my burger was to firm and dry for being cooked medieumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014our reservations were not reference on their end. Even though our confirmation back was correct and the call from the restaurant in the afternoon was correct. When we arrive, they had the incorrect party count, and outside seating and not our preferred indoor seating, which was not set up for 5. So a quick table set up had to be made and only was given 4 menus and not 5. But the server, Bernadette was exceptional and made us forget all about the set up. We would come back again of course and ask for her!! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.