Lure - Atlanta
1106 Crescent Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lure - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lure-atlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048173650
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Bradley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is offered through Fifth Group Restaurants" catering company, Bold American Events. To learn more, visit http://boldamerican.com or call 404.815.1178.
- Private Party Facilities: From intimate family gatherings of 15 to large corporate events for over 200, our restaurants can accommodate a variety of different private and group dining scenarios - lunch or dinner; formal or casual. Our personable and experienced Group Dining Sales Managers will work closely with you to provide customized menus and wine lists, presentation capabilities and flexible seating arrangements that will maximize your budget, productivity and enjoyment.
- Private Party Contact: Brenda Orcutt 6783023264
A word from Lure - Atlanta
Inspired by classic coastal traditions both American and global, Lure presents Atlanta"s freshest fish and the drinks to match in a converted 1920's bungalow. Anchored in the heart of Midtown on Crescent Avenue, Lure has a sophisticated but casual vibe, fluidly bridging the gap between a weathered seaside fish house and a fine-dining seafood restaurant. Join us dressed up or down for a four-course meal or a beer and platter of raw, chilled and really fresh oysters. It's Atlanta's fish house for the adventurer, the traditionalist, the hedonist, the fish-obsessed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lure - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Lure - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (194)great for outdoor dining (158)neighborhood gem (140)special occasion (125)good for groups (85)romantic (74)hot spot (73)great for lunch (58)vibrant bar scene (48)great for brunch (44)notable wine list (37)late-night find (20)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Loved it!tfoodDined on 9/15/2014Entertained a foodie from NYC! She loved it too! I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great patio!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Had a nice birthday celebration and enjoyed the fresh seafood. Food was wonderful and informal setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Land-Locked and Luscious!MunchmeisterDined on 9/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed every bite and gulp, from the original (and powerful) cocktails through the wide variety of apps and main dishes our table of four ordered. We all fell hard for the hush-puppies, fresh oysters and scallop apps. Portions were perfect, temperatures exactly right, with service breezy and helpful. (Impressive for a busy Saturday night.) We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience ever!DavidDined on 9/13/20141st time here. The bartenders were amazing! Very freindly, interactive, professional & knowledegable about their craft. The food was incredibly delicious! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Going out!BOOODined on 9/12/2014This is a great place to have dinner before you hit the bars!Special Features:
- LURE you inFootlooseDined on 9/12/2014We tried the Restaurant Week Special....good hanger steak and excellent sole. Enjoyed the clam chowder. Luscious desserts.Special Features:
- ALureing!!!MustHaveShoesDined on 9/11/2014Fabulous tasting food and impeccable service!! The Bloody Mary was the best I've had in the 8 years I have been in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tripAMC65Dined on 9/11/2014This was not my first trip but it was for my husband. First the service was excellent. The servers had a great command of the menu and given my husband is a chef that was great. The Sole and Chicken dishes were excellent, and the keylime dessert hit the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal!ValerieDDined on 9/11/2014Our food was exccellent. My husband ordered the Oysters and I had the New England Clam chowder as an appertizer. For dinner, my husband had the Flank Steak and I had the Pan Fried Flounder. Both my husband and I cleaned our plates. A very delicious meal.Special Features:
- Midtown Restaurant WeekbeltlinebanditVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had a great price fixed meal during restaurant week. The New England clam chowder avoided the overly thick broth you often find and was full of clam flavor. The seared salmon entree was perfectly cooked and flavorful, but the sole fillet was dry and bland. Both desserts (pot de creme and key lime chiffon) were just the right size and out of this world. The space is quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Great food and service. Table really close together.Special Features:
- Chef is trying a bit too hardATLLadyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Looking for great seafood, I was lured to Lure. Service was great with some nice wine choices. Seafood combinations however showed that chef may have tried too hard with both preparations and accompaniments. Some sauces just didn't work with the seafood (such as the vinegary onions with the scallops - but that worked with the catfish). I'm not in a rush to return given the prices and the overall dishes. Would prefer more simple preparations. Appetizers are expensive but they were excellent and experimental combos work better.Special Features:
- Brunch just as GoodAdrianVIPDined on 9/7/2014First visit was awesome, so the very next day I decided to try out Lure for a Sunday Brunch. Everything I ordered was different so that I could try what I didn't last time. As an appetizer, the Crab dip was refreshing and tasted great. I also ordered a bowl of their New England Clam Chowder and loved it. It had a good amount of clams and potatoes, and the flavor was very authentic to a classic, well prepared Chowder. For the entree I tasted the 'Ropa Vieja'. This was a very good twist from the original tomato based Ropa Viejo. The beef, slow-cooked egg and potatoes complimented the strong and dense flavor from the broth. Once again, highly recommendable if you're in the mood for seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutLachonDined on 9/6/2014Lure offers a great dining experience for all types , foodies and those that just enjoy a great meal. The staff was very attentive and the food was amazing. The wine list was impeccable and the Malbec Tapiz we had with dinner was one of the best I have had in a while. The whole roasted trout melted in your mouth. I also tried the pan fried Sole and it was delightful. Ambiance is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time back, no betterATLmomVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went to Lure when it first opened and weren't so impressed. Our food was pretty bland and in a city with such standout places, just didn't feel a need to go back. It also made us crazy that it was SO DARK- what's the deal with there being no lights? We decided to give it another try, and overall, it wasn't any better. They were really friendly but it missed the mark again. Some of us enjoyed our entrees, but some thought theirs were tasteless. Our poor server kept pouring water into our friend's champagne, forgetting that it wasn't water because they don't have proper stemware. And, unless you are under the few light bulbs dangling from the ceiling, you are forced to take out your cell phone to see the menu.
- Great Experience!intownstudioDined on 9/6/2014The food, service and ambiance were stellar...I would definitely consider a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time - Instant FanAdrianVIPDined on 9/6/2014I was in the mood for seafood and went to try Lure for dinner. The restaurant's interior and exterior looks great and conveniently has a valet service right next to the restaurant (in an area where parking is sometimes a burden to find). The service was outstanding! Our server was very welcoming and went into great detail when describing their specials and other plates. This level of enjoyment and knowledge of the menu from the staff was the first sign of a great experience to come. Our table enjoyed and recommend the Oysters, the Grilled Octopus & Pork Lettuce Wraps, the Seared Salmon, the Natural Pork Chop, and to finish the Earl Grey&Chocolate Pot De Creme. I enjoyed everything so much, I plan on returning to try their brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenite2Dined on 9/5/2014Four of us, we had scallops [divine] tuna, sole, and swordfish. All dishes were great. Service was exceptional. It was noisy, my only complaint, I like a quieter dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lure Another GemGeorgiaIlliniDined on 9/5/2014from Fifth Group. Interesting drink menu; worth experimenting. Appetizers were delicious; got two for the table for 4, and they were plenty. Main dishes were also terrific. Service was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Absolutely greatRichDined on 9/3/2014We have been dining out more and more, and Lure has become our favorite restaurant in ATL. The food is wonderful -- every dish we have had at dinner and at brunch has been outstanding. The people are friendly and accommodating. We celebrated our wedding anniversary there and they all knew that it was a special occasion. Service wonderful. Absolutely great.Special Features:
- Always top notch!ReviewATLDined on 8/31/2014Every experience here has been wonderful. All of the food I've tried is amazing but some of my favorites are the garden party punch bowl for cocktails and the grilled octopus and pork lettuce wraps. Both are great for sharing.Special Features:
- a little seriousseriousVIPDined on 8/31/2014we continue to love the food and the ambiance of the patio (other than the roar of motor cycles driving by). Our server, although well informed and efficient, as always, was quite on the serious side. i don't think he smiled once. plus he failed to deliver on the birthday dessert I requested, although the host remembered and was great in wishing my husband happpy birthday.Special Features:
- "Lure" hook, line and sinker!FoodieDined on 8/30/2014Lure was fantastic in every way! This is a must dine restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong...skeetaDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Not too loud, staff very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed our meal very much. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Top Choice for MidtownpddcooDined on 8/30/2014Lure is in midtown Atlanta between Peachtree and West Peachtree, but it is tucked away on a small side street with plenty of complimentary valet parking. Very easy auto access. Inside, the bar is lively but blends well with the dining atmosphere. Our server, Colleen, is the gold standard. She was engaging without being chatty, provided usable descriptions, and her wine reommendations were spot on. Service was prompt but not rushed. When we need something, Colleen seemed intiutive, materializing magically then vanishing into the mist. Almost magical, sort of like Caspar the Friendly Ghost. The menu is a mix of the unusual (Octopus and Port lettuce wrap - sublime!) and normal (seared Tuna, perfectly done and generous cut). Eat here often.Special Features:
- Lure is alluring.DrjayDined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed our dinner experience. You can tell when fish is fresh and our meal was outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lure, South City Kitchen, 4 seasonsAuntiepastaDined on 8/29/2014When visiting Atlanta you can't go wrong staying at the four seasons (amazing service) and staying in the hood to dine at South City Kitchen and their new addition to dining scene, Lure. The decor gives a beautiful nod to the fishing "theme" without being kitschy or tacky. The menu, from the cocktails to the desserts (earl grey and chocolate pot de creme with a house made toasted marshmallow on top) are inspired. Start your night with a selection of fresh briny oysters and house mignonette. The sole with lemon, capers and browned butter sauce is perfectly prepared and leaves you wanting to lick the plate for every drop of that sauce. The seared salmon was also a winner. The only complaint was no copper mug for my Moscow mule. Lure hooked usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningRobertDined on 8/29/2014Took my family to Lure for a birthday celebration. We have always enjoyed our evenings at South City Kitchen another Fifth Group restaurant. We had an enjoyable evening. Service was friendly and helpful. The food was well prepared but nothing special really. I had a smoked salmon appetizer and it was not quite the quality I expected. The cut was a little thick and it seemed a bit mushy. Tasted fine, just the texture. I had the sole and it was prepared well but the sauce was a bit bland. Sole needs some help. Wine list was, well, a bit obscure to me. Only two white wines I recognized. I like trying new wines though and the Muscadet I selected went well with the sole and other fish dishes. Overall a good experience and I will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Atlanta's BestPogoDined on 8/26/2014Excellent experience top to bottom. The maitre d went out of her way to find the best table for our birthday dinner. The food was superb - every course from appetizer to dessert was special. We consider ourselves to be experienced foodies having dined at restaurants all around the world and we rated this to be one of our top 10. The wine list was a little difficult to decypher but it included a good variety of excellent wines. Service was generally good although we had to flag our waitress several times for standard items such as salt/pepper and butter. Overall it was a memorable experience and we will definitely be returningSpecial Features:
- Seafood Treat / Great spotKC404Dined on 8/24/2014We were pleased with the ambiance when we arrived. Reviewing the menu, had to google a few of the ingredients. Red flag. Our server Brian was welcoming, professional, and extremely knowledgeable about the menu, ingredients, flavors and taste. He made menu recommendations and wine compliments. Brian was interested in us; our schedule and preferred meal presentation. Our drinks were timely and refreshing. Food, wow! We wanted it all. We started with the freshest raw oysters (4 varieties available) and tender calamari. Our entree - Seared Georges Sea scallops was deliciously smokey with the hint of sweet puree - DELICIOUS and well portioned. Capped dinner off with a cappuccino/steamed milk to die for. We will be headed back for more.Special Features:
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 8/23/2014Every bite was delightful. Wait staff extremely helpful in recommendations. Loved Lure!Special Features:
- How could a seafood restaurant...?OptickerDined on 8/22/2014If you want to get some good seafood in Midtown, Lure is the place to go. But...for a seafood restuarant to possess an extensive list of white wines and not have a single New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand on it is incredible! In the past there was a few stashed away for the staff that we were able to order. But this time...nada. The food rating was downgraded based on this. Next time I'm gonna phone and check before I reserve.
- Service & Food always outstanding!baldbeautiful50Dined on 8/22/2014This was my second visit to Lure and, thus far, I have not been disappointed. The ambience, the food, and the service is all excellent. The portions are just right. I would highly recommend Lure for lunch and dinner. My first time dining was on my 50th birthday in June of this year, and it was a wonderful dining experience. My friends and I had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster service at lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014Waited 10 minutes to be greeted, with no water poured. One guest had a 1 hour window to get back to the office after lunch, and after specifically confirming this with us, our server proceeded to disappear for 10 more minutes. We got our drinks, finally some water, and after nearly 30 minutes, placed an order. Asked for the check when the food dropped since we had 5 minutes to eat and leave. For a restaurant in such a business-lunch focused area, we were surprised at how poorly this was handled.
- Not to be OutdoneAlphaLeagueVIPDined on 8/20/2014Lure is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta. The service and food is always exceptional. Last time I was at Lure for dinner they had run out of the whole grilled trout so on this occasion both my mom and I were able to order it. While I enjoyed mine, my mom did not feel the same about hers. Upon saying that her meal was "just ok," the waiter (Brian) quickly asked what could make it better and offered to bring her something else from the kitchen. She proceeded to order scallops and this time the meal hit a high note. Lure is a top quality restaurant and I will be returning again and again; I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- AWESOMEfoodie123VIPDined on 8/19/2014One of the best restaurants I have been to in Atlanta. The freshest of seafood with quite the eclectic flair !! The service was just as good.....A must eat place !! Fit for foodies for sureSpecial Features:
- Best scallops ever!hotlibDined on 8/16/2014Visiting Atlanta for the first time and checked out Lure. Lovely resturant, fabulous service (attentive but not pushy) and amazing food. Everything, from the bread to dessert, was delicious. Outdoor dining, even in August, was wonderfully done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/16/2014Knowledgable staff, gluten free option ( and others offerings that could be made so ---- for my wife) , solid wine list ,great food in trendy center of Midtown locationSpecial Features:
- Good food, great service!cfooddietVIPDined on 8/16/2014I was there last Saturday afternoon to celebrate the birthday of a friend. The day was lovely, and we sat outside. The ordered oysters on the half shell for an appetizer. They were perfect. The food was good, the wine was cold. The restaurant treated us to free dessert for my friend's birthday and spontaneously brought out a lovely chocolate concoction without being prodded. The only downside was the GRILLED OCTOPUS & PORK LETTUCE WRAPS. They were perfect, except for the pork. It was tough and chewy but the octopus made up for it. We did not complain because everything else was sublime and we devoured all of it, except the pork. Overall, excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/15/2014We visited Lure again recently after the departure of the head chef. The tuna appetizer was outstanding. The octopus appetizer was not as good as I had remembered. I tried the catfish entree, which was fair, but i would not order it again. The skate and scallops are much better choices. The kitchen does have a kids menu that by all accounts has a great PB&J. Due to a private event, the patio was reserved, so we sat inside. The restaurant is loud inside, making it a bit difficult to talk at a table for 5-6.I would recommend this to a friend.