Lure - Atlanta
1106 Crescent Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lure - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lure-atlanta.com/
- Phone: (404) 817-3650
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Bradley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is offered through Fifth Group Restaurants" catering company, Bold American Events. To learn more, visit http://boldamerican.com or call 404.815.1178.
A word from Lure - Atlanta
Inspired by classic coastal traditions both American and global, Lure presents Atlanta"s freshest fish and the drinks to match in a converted 1920's bungalow. Anchored in the heart of Midtown on Crescent Avenue, Lure has a sophisticated but casual vibe, fluidly bridging the gap between a weathered seaside fish house and a fine-dining seafood restaurant. Join us dressed up or down for a four-course meal or a beer and platter of raw, chilled and really fresh oysters. It's Atlanta's fish house for the adventurer, the traditionalist, the hedonist, the fish-obsessed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lure - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Lure - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
288 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (184)great for outdoor dining (147)neighborhood gem (132)special occasion (97)good for groups (91)hot spot (65)romantic (64)great for lunch (54)vibrant bar scene (53)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (29)late-night find (21)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014I had heard really good things about the restaurant but was disappointed with the food. The Caesar salad was overdressed and soggy. The portions were very small. While the scallops (recommended) were very good, the mushrooms concoction that they were served with was greasy and the flavor overpowering. The server was excellent - very knowledgeable and friendly. There are so many good restaurant options in this city, I probably won't be back.
- PhyllisPhylDined on 11/23/2014Great food and thoroughly enjoyed everything. Jacob is an excellent waiter. Hostess gave us loaner umbrellas to get back to valet parking so we wouldn't get wet. Good idea.Special Features:
- Dinner and the ASOculinarycrusaderDined on 11/22/2014We booked dinner for 3 @ Lure before the ASO performance. The maitre d' greeted us with a smile and ushered us to our table where we could share a meal with conversation without having to yell across the table. Our waiter was excellent-- attentive, but not hovering, He was quick with the drinks and starters and offered great recommendations from their chef's 'cuisine du jour'. The starters were timely and delicious, and the main courses were exceptional both in quantity and quality. We were a bit rushed for dessert to make our concert, but Lure filled our order promptly while giving us ample time to retrieve our car from the valet without feeling rushed. Bravo 5th Group Restaurants... you have a real gem in Lure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 11/21/2014Lure is an exceptional dining experience! You can eat healthy and not even realize it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousMidnitestarfishDined on 11/21/2014Went after a Cirque show because of a promotion and I'm so glad I did! I ordered monkfish with brown butter and butternut squash purée, and it was perfect. We also had smoked trout pate which was delicious. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014Enjoyable Friday evening out. Excellent service with great explanations about the menu. Delicious specials and very nice wines. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Fishy Here!GATYCVIPDined on 11/21/2014Perfect Midtown location, nice selection, great food, reasonable prices & awesome service!Special Features:
- OKAYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Food was good. Waiter was excellent. Not worth the money.
- Fantastic experience. Can't go wrong with Lure.TravelingPamDined on 11/11/2014In Atlanta on business. We couldn't get a reservation at sister restaurant South City and noticed the Lure reviews so we gave it a try. So glad that South City was booked - Lure was fantastic. Brian our server was spot on with his recommendations and service. Because there were so many menu items that appealed to us, we decided to order several and share. The smoked bluefish - incredible, best I've ever had, anywhere - seriously can't rave enough about the smoked bluefish. Crab dip - not your typical crab dip - a must have. Ambiance is warm and inviting, great restaurant styling down to every last detail. We're planning to stay at the same hotel next time just to we can walk to Lure again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client Lunch - LureCmacDined on 11/11/2014Perfect Patio for Client Lunch with helpful advice from server on food selection. The Crab Dip was Yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Night OutSupergooberDined on 11/8/2014We shared several starters, entrees and desserts and all were delicious. It was our anniversary and a rare night out for us, and the staff could not have been more pleasant & helpful. I particularly loved the trout pate starter and the Earl Grey & chocolate pot de creme for dessert.Special Features:
- Always a good choiceKmchasDined on 11/7/2014Second time at this restaurant and have greatly enjoyed it both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellentAlh3Dined on 11/6/2014The food and service was amazing. As an appetizer we had the calamari which were cooked to perfection. We split two lunch dishes which were the brisket sandwich and fish tacos. Both had lots of flavor and were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is great, the service AAA+PerfectDateSpotDined on 11/5/2014Try any of the dishes or hand crafted cocktails at Lure and you know these folks have that special touch that shows the love for their art. The food is absolutely delicious, painstakingly consistent in preparation and fresh! What I love most about Lure: the servers are there when you need them and gone when you don't. ;-)I would highly recommend asking for Kelly to be your waitress next time you make a reservation. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!SweetLikeKandiVIPDined on 11/4/2014The customer service was some of the best I've had, which is saying something considering how often I eat out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place in Midtown AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Available at 6:30p on a Mon night for a group of six co-workers traveling to ATL (all guys, relatively loud conversation). Open dining room, so noise level was very loud. Service was excellent, waiter described dished well, water glasses filled very timely. Food very good, good portions (five large sea scallops in my entree), all six of us happy with our dinner.Special Features:
- Delicious Lunch, but Not CheapOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/3/2014To be clear, you can have an excellent and filling lunch here for $10-12. I took my team out to lunch here, for doing such a great job at work this past month. Our table had to have oysters and at $40+ a dozen for lunch, it was not cheap...haha. Highlights included the cauliflower soup and grilled octopus. IF the service proves to be a lot better, I may return for a dinner. Our waiter forgot to bring lemon and sparkling water (we requested both) and had no idea what types of oysters they had on offer. When the entrees came, had no idea what belonged to anyone. At this price point for lunch for 5 people, we do expect a bit more than Applebee's style service, that's all Im saying. Maybe will try a Fri or Sat night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute findericVIPDined on 11/1/2014What a great find. Had to eat early on theater night, and found Lure. The service was impeccable, and the food and recommendations were excellent as well. We had a great dinner, and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood and moreDesigndinerDined on 10/29/2014Great new addition to the midtown scene. Good looking setting and excellent food. Dining room well managed by a professional staff. Very pleased after two visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MENTDined on 10/28/2014The lure is one of the best restaurants I have had the pleasure of dining in Atlanta. The valet was prompt, respectful and treated your vehicle delicately. The wait staff constantly provided great customer service. The bartender made drinks precisely correct. The restaurant, including the rest rooms were clean. The managers were present and available to ascertain every customer was satisfied. I have no complaints about this restaurant. In fact, I would recommend this restaurant for intimate dinners and business lunches alike.Special Features:
- Lure never disappoints.LovinFlipFlopsDined on 10/27/2014Sitting on the patio in late October was a bonus. Only downside was when the lights in the parking garage across the street went on. Totally ruins atmosphere if you are seated at a table near front of patio. Bob was attentive but not intrusive and had a great sense of humor. Lemon Sole and oysters were delicious. And who can argue with Prosecco ON TAP!Special Features:
- Might have been wonderful if . . .JoeRVIPDined on 10/26/2014I finally got to try Lure on a work trip to Atlanta -- it's been on my list for a while. The one dish I ordered was very good -- 3 kinds of smoked fish -- but it's really meant for sharing. Since I was by myself, I was almost full after the appetizer. I couldn't find another small plate that appealed to me (the calamari was tempting, until I found out it's breaded, which is a terrible thing to do to that dish). Since my otherwise pleasant server didn't encourage another drink, I ended up closing out my tab. Maybe I'd come back for a full meal with someone else -- but this just isn't a dine-alone kind of place.
- good food, slow serviceEKnotfromATLDined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed the experience, but honestly the service was just too slow. ( perhaps since I am from northeast and not ATL this may have something to do with my perception ) Food very tasty and thoughtfully prepared and presented. The servers are very friendly and knowledgable The experience was enjoyable and I would go backSpecial Features:
- Fresh fish and good drink menuDawnDined on 10/25/2014They had a number of fresh fish selections and a creative drink menu. Outdoor patio was great even on a cool night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific spot before the theaterDunwoodydinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014Four people...All happy diners, that doesn't happen too often. This was a great meal from appetizers to desserts. Knowledgeable, professional waitress. Beautiful restaurant, superior food and wine. Smoked salmon spread was exceptional! All entrees were deliciously prepared. We tasted scallops, sole, and swordfish. Desserts (chocolate mousse cake and apple cake) were terrific. Our only issue, after going to a play at the Alliance, was no 10% discount was offered to us even though waitress knew we were going to the theater and needed to be out by 7:30. We all really liked our experience at Lure.Special Features:
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/24/2014If you are dining at a Fifth Group establishment you know you are in for a treat. LURE delivers on all levels--atmosphere, service, cuisine, and a location and view that are unsurpassed. A favorite of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great this time.MindyPVIPDined on 10/24/2014Have eaten here before and had excellent food. This time the waiter tried to push the most expensive wines -- that's really old school and not a good start to dinner. Kitchen seemed off balance. Appetizers served very quickly and calamari was lukewarm -- maybe prepared ahead of time or ?? Seafood entrees were good, not great, as fish was slightly overcooked but still edible. Overall a disappointing experience.
- Better than before...AtlfoodVIPDined on 10/24/2014We've been to Lure a couple of times and while we liked it, we didn't feel special nor appreciated. Food and service always great but staff was going through the motions. This time- We must have been welcomed 5 times and thanked 5 more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerAFoodieDined on 10/23/2014First, the valet service just seemed to be among the friendliest. They created a really good first impression. Also, the staff inside seemed to genuinely be glad that we were there. Then there were the drinks and food, everything we had was properly prepared and tasted excellent. Lure was highly recommended to us by someone who knows the Atlanta restaurant scene very well. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lure is excellent, as always!baldbeautiful50Dined on 10/22/2014My co-workers and I have made Lure our go-to restaurant for lunch! The food, the service... everything is excellent. It is a pleasure to dine there.Special Features:
- Company Dinner @ LUREOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014Fun Company Group Experience! Made Dinner Reservations Based On Having Lunch Earlier.....South City Kitchen Would Be First Option BUT Sister Location Was Close @ Hand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Last ResortAllieDined on 10/18/2014I happened upon this place as a third option after 2 other seafood places in Atlanta (Optimist & St. Cecelia) were fully booked for a birthday dinner with my aunt. I am shocked that this place had reservations last minute - people just must not be aware of how fantastic it is! They smoke all sorts of seafood - delicious! Their steak tartar (I am a fiend) was some of the best I have had. And their fish stew... I am still having dreams about it! My aunt had the tuna crudo (fantastic). To top it off...the service was so impeccable I had to compliment the manager. This is maybe the 2nd or 3rd review I have ever written...I only have the impulse to spend my time reviewing when something is truly exception - which Lure was!Special Features:
- Great foodhichristensenVIPDined on 10/16/2014Lure is a fantastic sea food place. They have a variety of different dishes and they change regularly. The wine list is OK if not very extensive. The food is prepared to order, and the service is friendly with the right level of attention. Great both for a week night dinner out or a celebration of a special event.Special Features:
- Pre-Concert DinnerkessmomDined on 10/15/2014Dinner before the Paul McCartney concert. They were great at getting us in and out without any compromise in food or service. One of our favorite restaurants in AtlantaSpecial Features:
- Easily one of the best restaurantsgreatbeerpoorfoodDined on 10/11/2014Spot on -- the table seatings are not too crowded or close together, our waitress was very knowledgable of all the dishes and recieved excellent service from her. The place was clean and attractive. The cold smoked salmon and trout pate where some of the best I've ever had. I look forward to returning here.Special Features:
- Glad we dined4dinersDined on 10/11/2014Entrees above par. Side dishes below par. Desserts sublime!4Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Ambiance and Food!dbarrett311VIPDined on 10/9/2014Our waiter was perfect, the wine list is extensive, food was delicious and the patio is really beautiful. The crab dip appetizer is sooo good - it's almost all crab - unexpected and delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodJasonTDined on 10/9/2014Lure is on the regular list in midtown. Thankfully it is a long list but Lure figures prominently. Good ambiance, nice outside dining, great food quality, good wine and spirits list. And reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lured by LurediningnatlDined on 10/7/2014This was an excellent spot - congratulating my friend on her recent engagement -- Lure was an excellent choice. Beginning with location and the bartender offering a great Merlot with a cheerfulness and sure attitude about his product. The seating was great and the noise level was just enough to feel social, yet not intrusive. The crisp smoked salmon cake was good - however, not tender and meaty as I would have expected. The fried catfish felt a little tough and wet - and the taste a little flat. My friend enjoyed the pan fried sole and would recommend the dish - I am still lured by Lure...to be continued.Special Features:
- LureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I often visit during lunch and the food and service is always great! The Blue Crab salad is my favorite. I love the ambiance and I will definitely have to try dinner on a date night with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.