Lure + Till
180 Hamilton Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Lure + Till
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lureandtill.com/
- Phone: 6506663320x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday- Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am
Lunch: Monday -Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Breakfast: Saturday-Sunday: 6:30am - 11am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Patrick Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lure + Till
Serving simple, honest food that celebrates Bay Area bounty in an intimate, casual setting, Lure + Till is Silicon Valley’s go-to restaurant for all occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Lure + Till - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
Lure + Till reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (55)fit for foodies (48)vibrant bar scene (42)hot spot (32)neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (21)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)late-night find (7)romantic (6)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Small portions!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014Nice restaurant, great food, small portions - service was a bit slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for drinks, not food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Drinks: great Ambiance and indoor/outdoor space design: great for a drink and chatting. Food: kinda sucked. Wasn't bad, but portions are tiny, so I'd expect pretty exceptional quality if you're giving me so little for my money. Dishes we had were just okay and definitely not good enough to warrant the price and not being satiated. For example, duck pasta (forget the exact menu item -- basically duck ravioli-like pasta on bed of cauliflower cream with fresh veggies): There weren't even enough duck/pasta+veggies to balance the amount of cauliflower cream at the bottom. One of the veggies the server said was brussels sprouts -- there was not actually a single whole brussels sprout, it was just about 5 individual brussels sprout leaves...
- Fantastic Service and FoodEpicurePaloAltoDined on 9/20/2014I noted on my reservation request that this was our 6th anniversary, and they really took care of us. They had set aside one of the patio tables for two (no view except the street and passerbys on the sidewalk, but the street isn't too busy. They turned on a nicely positioned heater above us to take away the night chill. The waiter was a little hard to understand with his accent as he ran through all the menu items in detail. I think he should have asked us what we were interested in and given the details on just them. Ordered a raw halibut appetizer and a tomato salad for starters. The portions on these were small, but don't worry, the entrees are generous. Food was fantastic! Service was fantastic. New hot spot for Palo Alto!Special Features:
- Nice bar. Weak food.Love2eatoutDined on 9/16/2014I was excited to try this new hot spot. Aside from an interesting bar selection it was disappointing. Benign neglect from the bartender, affable but uninterested server, and pretty average food. The wine we selected by the glass Drouhin Chorey Les Beaune (was pleased to see this on the list) was sold out. We each had an appetizer (my burrata salad was tasty but my friend's hearts of Palm was tiny and unflavorful). We decided to split an entree. It would've been helpful to know that there were only 2 scallops on the dish. The chickpea Panisse was bland but the purée or something was so lacking in flavor, couldn't tell what it was. The pork was very under seasoned (needed salt). The whole dish lacked acid and texture contrast. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Great first experienceMissyDined on 9/10/2014Wow! What a nice surprise! We had heard the cocktails were unique and they were. In a good way. As we read the dinner menu we weren't sure what to make of some of the dishes - the combination of ingredients in some dishes sounded odd. I tried one of them, the scallops, and was blown away! Prepared to perfection, wonderful flavor combinations and perfect proportions. We shared the chocolate mousse dessert and again loved every bite. Black pepper meringue? Awesome!!!! I hope this place does well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service...PamelaJVIPDined on 9/4/2014I've been to Lure + Till several times now. The food and service are both outstanding. For my tastes, this is the best food available in Palo Alto. The menu items are all a bit unusual and the flavors/textures are surprising. We had the squid ink pasta with lobster, the scallops, and the cobia (fish). We'd order any one of those again. Same with the salads and desserts. For dessert, we shared the apricot tart and the chocolate mouse -- don't let the peppercorn meringue or the whoppers deter you from the mouse. It is excellent even for the most devoted chocolate fans. Our server was friendly, fun, and very responsive and knowledgeable. Excellent! My only complaint is the noise... it was hard to have a conversation inside...Special Features:
- Will go back again!PaloAltoNativeDined on 8/29/2014Took my parents on my mom's 80th birthday. It was a bit loud and fast paced for the older folks but I didn't mind. It was hard to make conversation though. Service was really good and food was beautifully presented and tasty. We shared deviled eggs, and the heirloom tomato/burrata salad, and then each had an entree: scallops, duck, steak and the vegetarian the veg farro dish. Everything was great. We also had a pre-dinner cocktail and a nice bottle of wine. Will definitely return. This would also be a great place for a drink after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be improvedLocalgirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is our second time to L&T. Our first experience was great. Great service and great food. Our second time the food was still good but the service was not. We waited quite awhile to order and our apps came out before our drinks. There was also a long delay between our 1st course and second course. At least our company was good because it was a almost a 3 hour dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a place for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant was empty, the food was mediocre at best (and my dish was straight out bad) and the service, despite the fact that the restaurant was empty, was bizarrely slow. Sad morning.
- Tiny portionsSinglereedVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent, friendly service. Sashimi type appetizers excellent. Main course steak was about 4 oz, well prepared and tasty but $34? Intensely noisy.
- Food not great - good environmentJrusVIPDined on 8/13/2014Fun environment, but the food just wasn't very good. I feel like they need to focus more on the taste of their food, rather than the fancy plate display.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014Tried Lure + Till on Saturday night before a show at the Bing. Early rezzer gave us plenty of time pre-show, but we did warn the wait staff. There were plenty of them wandering around as dinner service was just but no one really seemed to know what they were doing. One waiter mentioned they are fairly new and the chef is still "finding the right mix for the crowd"....the food was decent and nicely prepared, but it was a stretch to call this a value for the kind of prices they are charging, especially when the service is so chaotic. One waitress asked me about the show and knew nothing about the Bing on the Stanford campus, about 1 mile away. Seems they should be aware of what's going on around them. Don't think we'll try again.Special Features:
- Great Summer Night DinnerMitchellDined on 8/7/2014Food was very good and the outdoor seating was perfect for a warm evening. It definitely seemed like a hang out for the younger, hipper crowd. Was there on a Thursday night and it was packed. Glad I had made a reservation. We ordered mostly appetizers. I really liked the hamachi plate and the grilled flatbread (it could have used a bit more dip though).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2014food was uninteresting, servings were small and expensive. However, the deviled eggs were delicious
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent service in a great location with an interesting menu. Food was delicious; all in all a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a good small saladOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/5/2014venue awesome - menu esp dinner needs help - too disjointed - need an outstanding side salad to go with pasta both for lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:
- KathygDined on 7/29/2014The menu is sorely lacking - not a lot of options - and generally overpriced and mediocre in quality. They also need better variety in their wine list. Not everyone wants an. $85 or $125 bottle of wine. Come on - we're in Northern California one of the richest most varied wine regions. They seem to be catering to out of town business travelers with big expense accounts but they should realize how much local business is available to them.
- First TimerRun2EatDined on 7/26/2014It was our first time here and we had a great time. The cocktail program is top notch, as is the food. Get the lobster pasta, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great PA additionmbeachyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Fabulous food, outstanding service, incredibly noisy. If you are looking for great food and knowable wait staff make sure you try this place. But unless you sit outside, forget about conversation.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014My wife and I dined there on Friday, great ambience but the overall experience was just OK. I think they are trying too hard to be different and are missing some small details: my steak was medium and not medium rare, the waiters were attentive but uninspired. The food tasted good but not great, the drinks were good but that is it.Special Features:
- Only halfway impressedKatherineDined on 7/23/2014The food at Lure + Till was absolutely scrumptious and the ambience was all it was promised to be, but the experience was not wholeheartedly positive. Since the restaurant is open to the street, the noise level was out of control and the seating is fairly cramped. The food was also overpriced for its portion sizes. We had a great evening, but I will be exploring other places for "my favorite date night place".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014our waiter forgot about us between the appetizer and the main course for almost an hour. he then came by with dessert menus, and we had to tell him that we had not actually eaten dinner yet! it was a huge blunder and we felt sympathetic and didn't make a big deal about it. he ended up bringing us dessert and comping our drinks. the general manager also came by and gave us his card. lure+till did all the right things in that situation, and we walked away pleased. we are glad because the main courses we had (the two fish dishes on the menu) were very good and we will be back.
- Great potential, still developingMunchingMarkVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great atmosphere, excellent food, very responsive waiter but he was held back by the slow bar and kitchen service. We sat outside on the patio, utilizing the heaters, and it was easier to carry on a conversation than in the bar area. The place was packed so that no doubt impacted their service speed. We would go back. Everyone's food and drink selections would very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, but noisyunsatisfiedDined on 7/19/2014although the food was great, the noise level was intolerable. It made having a conversation with someone at the same table as me, almost impossibleSpecial Features:
- Outdoor dining and great serviceANNEVIPDined on 7/19/2014Really great and different choices of plates....even the small plates for sharing. Our server was Alejandro and he was excellent!Special Features:
- Lure + TillOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/18/2014Ambiance was good, the inside of the restaurant is quite dark, so I was glad we had a table outside. The service was good and friendly. I was not so impressed with the food, after reading reviews would have expected more. Comparatively expensive. I don't think we'll be back soon with so many other and better choices around.Special Features:
- Lovely food; stay far from the barOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014We were pleased to see that there were finally some items on the menu without kale in them. Honestly, the food was terrific, starting with the watercress salad and deviled eggs and moving to the quail (unusual and satisfying) and chicken (ditto). The berry tart had a crust that was very hard to cut but was otherwise delicious. Our waiter was friendly but prone to faux pas about the wine and very slow and with poor timing. We sat outside along the sidewalk, next to the bar, and the bar noise was so high it disturbed us. People talking at the bar (and it does seem a hot spot for thirty somethings) had to shout to each other. The second dining room was marginally quieter. I'm not sure I would go back unless I could assure a quiet table.Special Features:
- Small PortionsragediandiVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food was good and the atmosphere was happening, but the entree portions were small for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish creatively platedamheyDined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed cobia and opah. The cobia came with smoked potatoes - not sure how they were cooked but they tasted of smoked fish - so maybe it was mixed in with them - quite delicious. The opah came with summer squash that was pureed to be amazingly smooth. I suspect it had a bit of cream in it or butter. I know Manilla clams are tiny, but I didn't notice them in the opah dish that also had corn kernels. The flatbread had some good sauces, but the bread was a trifle greasy - bread is better baked and left alone, not fried. All the dishes were great. The portions are dainty and quite small - I would have liked slightly larger portions of fish with more green vegetables (steamed not sauteed).Special Features:
- EattravelVIPDined on 7/4/2014Ok food, typical menu. Nice outdoor seating. Nothing memorable.Special Features:
- Disappointing service, great food!sarahdDined on 7/3/2014Amazing food as usual, disappointing service. Cheapest sparking is $91. I asked to pay for this before the meal as a gift and was reminded there is no service charge. I felt pressured to put service charge on a bottle despite bringing a group of six for a meal and we were about to order. At the end of the meal the waitress stopped the group to remind them of that again gratuity wasn't included. Really tacky and a shame as I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time and still coming back !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014We love coming to this place for tapas or a long dinner. My favorite server is Fernando, he is very knowledgable about the menu and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lure and TillJohnDined on 6/29/2014The only thing we ordered that was satisfactory was the flat bread and the dessert. The entrees for each of us (chicken and vegetarian) were very salty.
- delightful newcomerdsfnsfVIPDined on 6/27/2014This was our first visit to this new restaurant in Palo Alto....we'll be back! We sat in the area just next to the sidewalk patio. This was perfect....with the whole side wall open to the outside we were away from the street noise but still felt like we were outside. The food was delicious and nicely presented with interesting and perfectly cooked side dishes. Service was attentive and helpful. The inside bar scene was lively and noisy---which would be great if that's what you came for. If you're interested in dining and relaxing with friends, you'd be better off being seated away from the bar area. It is a bit too 'lively'/noisy to be good for a romantic dinner but it would be a good choice to share with friends.Special Features:
- jamieVIPDined on 6/27/2014Small menu, unique choices. Presentation and taste excellent. Everything was fresh, crisp,tender, as should be.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super slow serviceCeliacDined on 6/24/2014We waited for at least 30 minutes between our apps and dinner. I also would like the wait staff to be more informed about gluten free and gluten risky foods on the menu. Even better of it's called out on the menu.Special Features:
- nice new placelselkinsDined on 6/23/2014I was scared off when this first opened because the outdoor area seemed to be overflowing with techies but they've either moved on to the next new thing or I was there on an off night. My friend and I had a very good meal and were well attended to by the staff. It's nice to sit outside in downtown PA without strollers constantly crashing into your chair. I don't get the name, though. Lure? like fishing lure? and Till? like tilling the soil? ??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricDined on 6/20/2014Came here for dinner with my wife and aunt and so got a chance to try a few things. The squid ink pasta with lobster was amazingly good. The white fish crusted with black trumpet mushrooms was also delicious. The pasta with pancetta bolognese was pretty good but not great. Our dessert (ice cream with a brownie) was mediocre. Overall, enjoyed the meal, and I'd go again. Side note: Not sure it would affect my decision to go, but it was very loud. We're not usually bothered by noise in restaurants, but this was different. I don't think it was our fellow diners' fault but rather the acoustics in the restaurant.
- Great setting, Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014Love the setting, though it can be loud inside when the restaurant is full. Dinner was first rate. Lovely presentation, great flavors and interesting dishes. Lunch was good but the service was underwhelming. We waited for awhile for our dishes, which in itself was not extreme, but they did not even offer bread. Strange we needed to ask. I will return for sure.Special Features:
- So disappointedSophieBDined on 6/15/2014This was the worst use of $100, and it is very upsetting. 1 order of fries, 1ny strip steak, 1 order of fish, 1 glass of wine. We had just had cocktails and apps somewhere else so that's all we ordered. The menu said fries with aioli. It came with mayo. When I asked the server he sheepishly said, I know, but that's how they are always served. He bubbles over about how great and fresh the fish was, but it was 2 dry squares. My steak was a 1 1/2 sq inch of dry chewy over cooked leather. It may have been cooked medium at some point but it continued to cook until it was finally served, and barely warm. And honestly, I'm not so sure the Justin cab I ordered was just that. What a waste of money. ....and this was a special occasion.Special Features: