Lure + Till
180 Hamilton Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Lure + Till
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lureandtill.com/
- Phone: (650) 666-3320
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday- Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am
Lunch: Monday -Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Breakfast: Saturday-Sunday: 6:30am - 11am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Patrick Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lure + Till
Serving simple, honest food that celebrates Bay Area bounty in an intimate, casual setting, Lure + Till is Silicon Valley’s go-to restaurant for all occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Lure + Till - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
Lure + Till reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (55)great for outdoor dining (54)vibrant bar scene (49)hot spot (40)special occasion (29)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (15)great for lunch (13)romantic (10)late-night find (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- First time and will returnRegularDinerDined on 11/18/2014The food was outstanding and the service was first rate. Our server was reasonably familiar with the items on the menu so she could provide some guidance. This was great as it was our first visit to the restaurant. My wife and I both ended up with items we enjoyed thoroughly. The manager stopped by the table to get feedback. The only issue was access to the outdoor dining space. The door was set immediately adjacent to a table in the bar. When we went to leave we had to interrupt the party in the bar to squeeze through the door. We will return to Lure + Till next time we visit Palo Alto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing food with attentive serviceNeerajDined on 11/14/2014The food was well prepared -- nice flavor and refreshing pairings. I enjoyed the whiskey cocktail which was infused with lemon and orange, if I'm not mistaken. Delicious chocolate cake! Thanks for the attentive service. I recommend others to dine here as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie5Dined on 11/14/2014Service is poor. Our waiter took our order and just about it. No bread. Dishes was served by others, and not once been asked how was the dishes. My $36 Sonoma Duck breast was three little chunk of meat. The favor and vegetable on the plate was good, but I don't think it's worth the price.Special Features:
- Loud and RushedscastroVIPDined on 11/11/2014First time diner and wouldn't return or recommend. The waiter was not personable, failed to ask if we had dined there previously, repeated came to the table to see if we were ready to order, but never asked if we had any questions. Our drink order came after our appetizers and as well as our wine, after our entrees were served. Apparently this is normal because the waiter saw nothing wrong with it. The food was good, but not worth the poor service.Special Features:
- Emi80Dined on 11/9/2014A very nice experience -- food was innovative and tasty -- the duck was especially good. Service was friendly and excellent. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place; so-so mealelladinellaVIPDined on 11/9/2014Went there for Sunday lunch. Lovely day and really pleasant to sit outside. Service was decent. The food was disappointing. I ordered the chicken wrap which arrived freezing cold, the wrap was stuff as a board and the filling was runny and did not resemble the description on the menu. My friends burger looked a lot better. Stick to the basics and order a good drink.Special Features:
- A scene not a dining experienxeDFitLifeDined on 11/7/2014We tried this for a date night. The dining area is so cramped that we kept getting bumped around. Very loud. Salads were quite large and tasty, but entrees were minuscule. We left hungry. The one positive was that service was very good. Check it out for drinks, but move on for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Love this placeSVBEVIPDined on 11/5/2014The food is so so BUT the service, the drink menu and ambiance make up for it...Great place to check out.Special Features:
- Great spot with outdoor seatingLAR007VIPDined on 11/5/2014Nice surprise to have a fun, adult oriented spot in Palo Alto with outdoor/patio seating..and has good food. This is a little pricey for an everyday spot to eat out. Would have liked a few more fish selections given the name.Special Features:
- Too badFoodieDined on 11/2/2014Food mediocre and not hot. Very slow service. Out of lots of things.Attractive eating.
- Lured and delightedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I were impressed by the food and staff at this new hot spot in downtown Palo Alto! The wait staff was fantastic and their food was awesome! My wife had the duck angliotti and I had the special of the night... suckling pig! The drinks were specially crafted. They are a farm to table place and food does change with the seasons. I will definetly be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014i thought the food was wonderful, the service was great and the wine list was spot on for the food!Special Features:
- average food - really bad servicedisappointedDined on 10/24/2014bad service - long, long wait for drinks, waiter knew nothing about the food and recommended the most expensive item.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 10/18/2014always enjoy cocktails and meals here; waitstaff very pleasant and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Very disappointingPAdinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014With unique food offerings, it is important to be sure the departures from the norm do not degrade the quality of the food. Unfortunately, Lure + Till failed on this front. Rolling up a quality steak into a ball resulted in a steak that was part rare, part medium, and part well done. Poorly prepared Broccolini transformed what should have been a treat into an inedible mess. Pointing these problems to our waiter, while saying we offered them to help not to complain, brought no reaction. A well run restaurant would, at a minimum, have had a manager at our table in minutes. Not at Lure + Till. You may enjoy this restaurant. But know it is an expensive gamble.
- Fun SpotAhay12Dined on 10/10/2014Beautiful, hip restaurant perfect for Palo Alto. The service was top notch and food was very good. The menu items were creative which we enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolVIPDined on 10/4/2014Loved my "French" cocktail. The duck confit was great. Sevice was attentive. Especially appreciated Jorge's warm greeting and service. it made for a special evening.Special Features:
- PAfoodie627Dined on 10/1/2014Our waiter was too personable and not as professionally distant but "present" as would be desired. His intentions were good, but the result was almost intrusive. The tomato salad was average and the tomatoes were not ripe. The Manhattan cocktail from the bar tasted watered down, had too much vermouth and was not a good result overall. A word to the server resulted in the manager deducting the cocktail from our bill after a request for a replacement was declined. The flatbread was not an appetizing platter with regard to the bread or the 3-smear presentation of toppings. Overall, the noise level inside the restaurant, the average food and the rather too familiar waiter did not amount to the dining experience we had hoped it would be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014Nice restaurant, great food, small portions - service was a bit slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for drinks, not food.smcdDined on 9/27/2014Drinks: great Ambiance and indoor/outdoor space design: great for a drink and chatting. Food: kinda sucked. Wasn't bad, but portions are tiny, so I'd expect pretty exceptional quality if you're giving me so little for my money. Dishes we had were just okay and definitely not good enough to warrant the price and not being satiated. For example, duck pasta (forget the exact menu item -- basically duck ravioli-like pasta on bed of cauliflower cream with fresh veggies): There weren't even enough duck/pasta+veggies to balance the amount of cauliflower cream at the bottom. One of the veggies the server said was brussels sprouts -- there was not actually a single whole brussels sprout, it was just about 5 individual brussels sprout leaves...
- Fantastic Service and FoodEpicurePaloAltoDined on 9/20/2014I noted on my reservation request that this was our 6th anniversary, and they really took care of us. They had set aside one of the patio tables for two (no view except the street and passerbys on the sidewalk, but the street isn't too busy. They turned on a nicely positioned heater above us to take away the night chill. The waiter was a little hard to understand with his accent as he ran through all the menu items in detail. I think he should have asked us what we were interested in and given the details on just them. Ordered a raw halibut appetizer and a tomato salad for starters. The portions on these were small, but don't worry, the entrees are generous. Food was fantastic! Service was fantastic. New hot spot for Palo Alto!Special Features:
- Nice bar. Weak food.Love2eatoutDined on 9/16/2014I was excited to try this new hot spot. Aside from an interesting bar selection it was disappointing. Benign neglect from the bartender, affable but uninterested server, and pretty average food. The wine we selected by the glass Drouhin Chorey Les Beaune (was pleased to see this on the list) was sold out. We each had an appetizer (my burrata salad was tasty but my friend's hearts of Palm was tiny and unflavorful). We decided to split an entree. It would've been helpful to know that there were only 2 scallops on the dish. The chickpea Panisse was bland but the purée or something was so lacking in flavor, couldn't tell what it was. The pork was very under seasoned (needed salt). The whole dish lacked acid and texture contrast. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Great first experienceMissyDined on 9/10/2014Wow! What a nice surprise! We had heard the cocktails were unique and they were. In a good way. As we read the dinner menu we weren't sure what to make of some of the dishes - the combination of ingredients in some dishes sounded odd. I tried one of them, the scallops, and was blown away! Prepared to perfection, wonderful flavor combinations and perfect proportions. We shared the chocolate mousse dessert and again loved every bite. Black pepper meringue? Awesome!!!! I hope this place does well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service...PamelaJVIPDined on 9/4/2014I've been to Lure + Till several times now. The food and service are both outstanding. For my tastes, this is the best food available in Palo Alto. The menu items are all a bit unusual and the flavors/textures are surprising. We had the squid ink pasta with lobster, the scallops, and the cobia (fish). We'd order any one of those again. Same with the salads and desserts. For dessert, we shared the apricot tart and the chocolate mouse -- don't let the peppercorn meringue or the whoppers deter you from the mouse. It is excellent even for the most devoted chocolate fans. Our server was friendly, fun, and very responsive and knowledgeable. Excellent! My only complaint is the noise... it was hard to have a conversation inside...Special Features:
- Will go back again!PaloAltoNativeDined on 8/29/2014Took my parents on my mom's 80th birthday. It was a bit loud and fast paced for the older folks but I didn't mind. It was hard to make conversation though. Service was really good and food was beautifully presented and tasty. We shared deviled eggs, and the heirloom tomato/burrata salad, and then each had an entree: scallops, duck, steak and the vegetarian the veg farro dish. Everything was great. We also had a pre-dinner cocktail and a nice bottle of wine. Will definitely return. This would also be a great place for a drink after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be improvedLocalgirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is our second time to L&T. Our first experience was great. Great service and great food. Our second time the food was still good but the service was not. We waited quite awhile to order and our apps came out before our drinks. There was also a long delay between our 1st course and second course. At least our company was good because it was a almost a 3 hour dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a place for brunchfoodloverVIPDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant was empty, the food was mediocre at best (and my dish was straight out bad) and the service, despite the fact that the restaurant was empty, was bizarrely slow. Sad morning.
- Tiny portionsSinglereedVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent, friendly service. Sashimi type appetizers excellent. Main course steak was about 4 oz, well prepared and tasty but $34? Intensely noisy.
- Food not great - good environmentJrusVIPDined on 8/13/2014Fun environment, but the food just wasn't very good. I feel like they need to focus more on the taste of their food, rather than the fancy plate display.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014Tried Lure + Till on Saturday night before a show at the Bing. Early rezzer gave us plenty of time pre-show, but we did warn the wait staff. There were plenty of them wandering around as dinner service was just but no one really seemed to know what they were doing. One waiter mentioned they are fairly new and the chef is still "finding the right mix for the crowd"....the food was decent and nicely prepared, but it was a stretch to call this a value for the kind of prices they are charging, especially when the service is so chaotic. One waitress asked me about the show and knew nothing about the Bing on the Stanford campus, about 1 mile away. Seems they should be aware of what's going on around them. Don't think we'll try again.Special Features:
- Great Summer Night DinnerMitchellDined on 8/7/2014Food was very good and the outdoor seating was perfect for a warm evening. It definitely seemed like a hang out for the younger, hipper crowd. Was there on a Thursday night and it was packed. Glad I had made a reservation. We ordered mostly appetizers. I really liked the hamachi plate and the grilled flatbread (it could have used a bit more dip though).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2014food was uninteresting, servings were small and expensive. However, the deviled eggs were delicious
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent service in a great location with an interesting menu. Food was delicious; all in all a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a good small saladOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/5/2014venue awesome - menu esp dinner needs help - too disjointed - need an outstanding side salad to go with pasta both for lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:
- KathygDined on 7/29/2014The menu is sorely lacking - not a lot of options - and generally overpriced and mediocre in quality. They also need better variety in their wine list. Not everyone wants an. $85 or $125 bottle of wine. Come on - we're in Northern California one of the richest most varied wine regions. They seem to be catering to out of town business travelers with big expense accounts but they should realize how much local business is available to them.
- First TimerRun2EatDined on 7/26/2014It was our first time here and we had a great time. The cocktail program is top notch, as is the food. Get the lobster pasta, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great PA additionmbeachyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Fabulous food, outstanding service, incredibly noisy. If you are looking for great food and knowable wait staff make sure you try this place. But unless you sit outside, forget about conversation.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014My wife and I dined there on Friday, great ambience but the overall experience was just OK. I think they are trying too hard to be different and are missing some small details: my steak was medium and not medium rare, the waiters were attentive but uninspired. The food tasted good but not great, the drinks were good but that is it.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Lure + Till reviews archive.
- Only halfway impressedKatherineDined on 7/23/2014The food at Lure + Till was absolutely scrumptious and the ambience was all it was promised to be, but the experience was not wholeheartedly positive. Since the restaurant is open to the street, the noise level was out of control and the seating is fairly cramped. The food was also overpriced for its portion sizes. We had a great evening, but I will be exploring other places for "my favorite date night place".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014our waiter forgot about us between the appetizer and the main course for almost an hour. he then came by with dessert menus, and we had to tell him that we had not actually eaten dinner yet! it was a huge blunder and we felt sympathetic and didn't make a big deal about it. he ended up bringing us dessert and comping our drinks. the general manager also came by and gave us his card. lure+till did all the right things in that situation, and we walked away pleased. we are glad because the main courses we had (the two fish dishes on the menu) were very good and we will be back.