Lura Restaurant Lounge
949 Columbus Ave.
New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Lura Restaurant Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lurany.com/
- Phone: (212) 866-7500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mike Astin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Lura Restaurant Lounge
Here at Lura, Chef Astin's philosophy is to provide excellent Mediterranean inspired cuisine with savvy service, all the while in a cozy, casual atmosphere. This incredible balance of comfort and tantalizing food is what you will experience at Lura.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lura Restaurant Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- F for effortOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014The place has possibilities. The downstairs room has a very nice look, with rough stone walls. However, having the cartoon network on both the bar tv and the projector tv was ridiculous. The waitress had to relay our questions re: to the bartender for answers. The rack of lamb was excellent and just the right portion size.
- juliDined on 8/30/2014I went to dinner here with my parents over labor day weekend. I made reservations but didn't need them as the place was pretty empty. When the waitress came to take our order, she did not write it down. We ordered salads as appetizers and the waitress asked multiple times whether we wanted those with our main courses or prior. We all said PRIOR. We were surprised by how long it took to get the food since there were so few people there.... when it arrived, our salads had just been forgotten. My father who was very hungry was upset, so she brought out the salads a few minutes later and said she would take them off the bill. While the food was good, the salads were on the bill at the end of the meal, and my dad just paid it in a huff.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Lura Restaurant Lounge reviews archive.
- 5 star ambience, food however...MiraboDined on 6/19/2014is fair at best. It is overpriced for its quality in my opinion. The 2 Crab Cakes tasted like they were bought from Costco (wise words from my friend), and they were charged $16. Not fresh, nothing new, just good-looking. Staffs are friendly young lads from all over the world, which probably explains the modern yet cozy feeling of the whole place. I loved their decor and set-up. Would definitely return IF they improve their food quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2014Loved this place but they were out of most white wines and various food items. Wasn't very busy so it seems they dint order enough. Felt like they may be closing down soon.Special Features:
- Lura RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2014The place is small and cozy. The MOnday special half off is a great offer. It is a great palce to relax.Special Features:
- Quiet and intimate settingGoodfindsDined on 5/3/2014Great place to meet up with friends. Very diverse selection of small bites. We were there early--6-8 on a Saturday. It was a quiet, intimate and comfortable place to catch up with old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates and JazzLinNYCVIPDined on 12/5/2013Went here on a Thursday night, fairly soon after they initially opened. There was a quiet and good jazz trio playing in the basement where we sat, creating a nice, intimate ambiance. Small plates were all tasty and reasonably sized. Loved the flatbread and frutti di mare pasta. Lovely addition to the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice cave good foodRickDined on 7/13/2013Happily surprised by the food at this little quaint restaurant. Downstairs is dark and cave-like with table across from the hopping bar. Not too noisy and a background of light club music. There weren't too many diners this night but the waitress was nice, accommodating and attentive. You can't find these prices down 20 blocks either.Special Features:
- AwesomeDottyDined on 7/6/2013I had a great experience with my girlfriend for our anniversary. I have ordered out from Lura before but had never dined in and I must say the environment was great along with the service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST TRYOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/28/2013We have eaten at Lura 4 time sand each time the food has been very tasty. Great Drinks and the Space is GREAT. Definitely a MUST TRY!!!!! NSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is such aOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/18/2013This restaurant is such a Great Space. Really nice large bar. This Gem is a must try!, Staff Very FriendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oh dear, they've given upUpperWestSiderVIPDined on 6/14/2013Food at Lura was quite nice (appetizer crab cakes were deliciously crabby; the French fries were great). But the service was very slow and we felt like we were imposing when we asked the lone waitress for more water or for our check.
- Not lured by LuraOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2013This was the second time that I have visited Lura. I returned because my initial experience was a positive one. My party of 2 arrived at Lura by the specified reservation time. Upon entering, we could not be seated downstairs due to a private party. Ok. We were then seated next to the door which kept opening and closing causing a major draft. After the waitress had not returned for 30 minutes to take our order, I had to get up from the table to find her. When she did arrive at the table her attitude was not the most accommodating. Finally, we ordered. The stuffed mushrooms were barley okay, my roasted chicken was fuel for high blood pressure. The waitress commented "They go overboard with the salt in the kitchen sometimes" Really Lura?I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2013This was my second visit to Lura, both times the food was slow in coming out. The restaurant was not busy when we dined,
- We ordered seafood dishes.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013We ordered seafood dishes. Small, yet extremely tasty and filling portions. Perfect for a quiet, romantic evening.Special Features:
- Interesting Mediterranean FaredeliusfanVIPDined on 4/5/2013The Mediterranean, and more specifically, the Levant-centered items are the draw, here. The tabbouleh was out on this particular day, due to a shortage of quinoa, but the Egyptian-style kefte was nicely spiced. The mushrooms stuffed with beef merguez were perfectly tender, but the spice was rather boring in this particular sausage. The pizzetta was a nice combo of mozzarella and goat cheese, and the baklava, served chilled, fused its layers together in an unexpected and delightful way. Very nice!Special Features:
- Not worth the money, but was quietOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I loved the look of the restaurant! That's was where it ended for me. The food is very mediocre but the staff was friendly. Warning: DO NOT ORDER THE STEAK. Order some pasta or something else because the steak was bland, fatty, and grisly. The crab cake app was delicious. It is a great place maybe for an appetizer but for the money, not good at all. I gave it three stars only because of the atmosphere and the nice waitress.Special Features:
- Dinner with Speed Dating EntertainmAmandaVIPDined on 2/21/2013The food was good and the decor is sexy. The dining area is downstairs and had it not been for the voices we heard, we would not even had known the place was in operation. There is a small bar and dining area upstairs but absolutely NO ONE was manning the area. We thought we were in the wrong place and then heard the voices and proceeded to descend into the livelier dining area. They had a speed-dating event at the time that we had dinner so it was a bit awkward to see people on mini dates throughout our meal. It was entertaining, though.Special Features:
- We came for the band you guysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013We came for the band you guys actually kept our reservations even though the place was packed...which made our whole night! The servers were busy but so sweet, the food excellent and the band amazing!
- Great food and service. LuraOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013Great food and service. Lura brought me back the memories from south of France. The exposed stone decore with the old wood was a peace of art . I will defiantly go back I recommend to everyone to check out the downstairs for the most romantic space in the Upper West Side .
- Loved it . Great vibe allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/16/2013Loved it . Great vibe all around . Hard to find a place like it in UWS.Special Features:
- Does not honor reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Either Lura does not understand reservations or they do not respect reservations made through Open Table. When I arrived the restaurant was full. Although I had a reservation I was told it would be a 15 minute wait. Then another couple came in for their reservation, also made for the same time as mine. When a table became available, it was given to the couple that came in after us. The food was mediocre at best. The menu was nothing near the same as the menu online. Further, they were out of multiple menu items. I ended up having the steak frites. The steak was a pale grey and looked completely unappetizing. It was completely bland and there was no sauce. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/17/2012This was our first time at Lura. The food was better then expected for a Groupon deal. would go back if we were in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- We showed up en masse andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2012We showed up en masse and found a welcoming spot tucked away. It was big enough for our dozen people without crowding other tables, but still cozy. The staff were very accommodating and got us just what we needed when we needed it.Special Features:
- The food was decent howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012The food was decent however the waiters weren't very attentive. I had to call them over just to ask for a second glass of water which is something of minor consequence. The sad part about this is when I went there it was only a few couples there so there was no excuse that would merit no stopping by the table as a courtesy to the patron. What made matters worse was getting the bill and seeing a gratuity charge of 18%. If I wasn't there with a woman I would have made a big stink. I would not recommend this place unless I had no where else to go. The service is terrible.Special Features:
- Nice place, not a knock out thoughlarc19Dined on 11/25/2012It was quiet and low key when we went. The food was decent, not over extrodinary, but the Sangria was really good. The staff was friendly and overall we had a good experience. Will probably go back for drinks and apps, but not dinner. The vibe was cute and comfortable. Very rustic wine cellar feel.Special Features:
- Lura was a very nice littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Lura was a very nice little gem in the Upper West Side, surrounded by slightly more run-down shops and convenience stores. It has a great cocktail menu and a great, romantic, intimate setting in the lower level. The service was a bit slow, but that may have been because they're not used to having many parties come in given the area of the city.Special Features:
- A little too small and crowdedsuzieq64Dined on 10/20/2012A little too small and crowded space. Food was just ok
- Very eclectic feelsMod85Dined on 10/19/2012Very small seating area, but my husband and I both loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved this place - definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012I loved this place - definitely a stand out in the neighborhood. The downstairs area is a hidden surprise. I would definitely tell friends to check this restaurant out. Service, ambiance and food were all equally good.Special Features: