1401 T St. NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lupoverdedc.com/
- Phone: 2028274752x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday Dinner : 5:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday-Sunday Brunch : 10.30am-3.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Domenico Apollaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Lupo Verde
Authentic, rustic, Italian fare featuring a variety of small plates, house-made charcuteries, breads, cheeses and antipasti. Wood-fired pizzas are also available along with house-made pastas, whole roasted fish and a premiere selection of meats during dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lupo Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)neighborhood gem (70)great for outdoor dining (66)romantic (55)hot spot (51)special occasion (44)notable wine list (41)vibrant bar scene (39)great for brunch (22)good for groups (20)late-night find (13)scenic view (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Very badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Long wait to be seated, even with reservation. Horribly tasting bruschettas. Found hair in pasta, still had to pay for it. NEVER AGAIN
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Food was not nearly worth the hype. Nice atmosphere and great services, which just emphasized the mismatch with the food quality. Very very disappointed.
- Lupo verde is killing itJamieVIPDined on 9/17/2014Beautiful restaurant full of beautiful people and food. Great lighting and ambience with just the right amount of buzz. Our group of four ordered appetizers and pastas all to share. The fried artichokes are a must. And get a pasta. The perfect al dente noodles. The first drink in the menu is everything g a cocktail should be: tasty, unexpected, and better than you can do at home. Recommend the principessa for the no-thanks-to-whiskey crowd. Semi-freddo was stellar and a perfect match for a divine cappuccino. Date. Group. Regular night. This is a do-not-miss place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar italian in the neighborhoodDCFoodieDined on 9/15/2014The fried Artichoke and squid ink pasta were both incredible! Awesome service, will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding Food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2014This place delivers amazing food! Every single thing we ordered was delicious! I recommend the Polpo al Cannonau (braised octopus) and the bruschetta (if you like anchovies). Unfortunately, being a new restaurant, they are still working out some kinks. I made a reservation for 4 more than a week out. Two of the guests arrived before me and were seated. Rather than keeping our name in the system (since half the party had yet to arrive), they deleted it. When I got there, no record of my reservation, and they seated us downstairs at a different table. It was only 10 minutes later when I texted my friends that we discovered they had already been seated upstairs.Special Features:
- Delicious ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I dined here on September 13 for the first time and it by far exceeded our expectations. We started with a cheese and charcuterie board and we would be remiss if we didn't recommend that others do the same. We ordered a variety of 3 cheeses and 3 meats--based on our server's excellent recommendation--and they were stellar (especially the cheese with red wine in it). The honey and apricot sauce on the side were awesome. We then ordered the Pasta Calcio Pepe, the fried artichoke, and a veggie dish. Everything was delicious. We weren't going to order dessert but ended up trying the Coppa de Nono and a crepe dish filled with chocolate and we were so happy that we did! Can't wait to visit this place again.Special Features:
- Too noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014It was too noisy for me. I had trouble hearing my dinner companions. The food was good but the portion was small.Special Features:
- Griffs501VIPDined on 9/9/2014I have been to Lupe Verde a few times before and always very much enjoyed. However, this time was very different. Service was terrible. We sat outside which was a lovely setting but my wine came 20+ minutes after I ordered which got us off to a bad start. Unfortunatley, every glass we order after that took just as long. The quality of the food was mediocre at best. Fried artichokes were greasy. Tuna carpcacio lacked seasoning. Carbonara was heavy, thick and greasy. I couldn't even eat it. Very disappointing. Highlight was the wine list. Although it was like pulling teeth to get it, had a nice super Tuscan as well as a lovely Sicilian red. Overall, just disappointed, especially in the service.
- It's adorable!YumyumyumVIPDined on 9/7/2014Very European! The homemade pasta was unbelievable. The servers were really friendly. Loved this place!Special Features:
- Delicious meal & great serviceDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our waitress, Annmarie, offered great suggestions for tasty dishes with excellent wine pairings! It's a lovely evening! Lupo Verde is a fantastic addition to the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedUffoodDined on 8/30/2014We heard so many good things, so I don't know what happened the night we eat there. Bottle water was warm, my pasta was sticky, the appetizers came at different times and the order was wrong and the main dish took almost 45 minutes to get it. The only good thing was the wine.Special Features:
- Very Impressed!dinnerwonkDined on 8/30/2014Lupo Verde definitely lived up to the hype, great atmosphere, amazing food. Lupo Verde offers something for everyone - outdoor dining is very elegant, the upstairs portion of the restaurant offers a very intimate experience, the downstairs portion where the bar is is very lively but still maintains a great ambience. Would highly recommend for a date, a night out with friends, or even a dinner with your parents.Special Features:
- SEneighborVIPDined on 8/25/2014Glad to have had the opportunity to check out Lupo Verde. The staff works very hard and I was grateful to have a nice meal there. Thank you.Special Features:
- All around excellent experiencesjtewsVIPDined on 8/23/2014I've eaten here several times, met most of the wait staff and the owner. The food is as excellent as the dining experience provided by the superb staff. They will make recommendations if asked, suggest wine pairings, help create an impromptu tasting experience for the table that is a great culinary experience. The smaller size of the space makes it an intimate experience that's a tough reservation some days but well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Green WolfDudleyDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is in a perfect location on 14th Street. It has a charm and ambiance about it that is very hospitable and the food is to die for. I'll definitely be back for more.Special Features:
- Service superbJeffVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our server, Ann Marie, was extraordinary -- one of the best servers we have had in a long time. The food was okay but a little spotty. The pasta was superb but the octopus was overcooked or done in a way which made it fast like beef jerky. The swordfish was average. The bread was first-rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love lupo verde!DCfoodieDined on 8/17/2014We absolutely love lupo verde! This time the service was slow, but the food was amazing yet again. The outdoor seating is very cute, and it's almost impossible to have a bad time when you're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Italians in DCRobertVIPDined on 8/16/2014This lovely little place may well be one of the best and truly Roman, Italian restaurants in the country. Let's put it this way, if you had a meal like this in Rome, you would be thrilled. We didn't have a lot, but what we had was amazing. We started with fried Roman, Jewish artichokes. They were not only the best artichoke dish we have ever had, it may be the best fried thing we have ever had. We had a lovely bottle of Vermentino. We each had a pasta. My wife had a black squid ink seafood pasta that was the best we ever tasted. It made A16 in SF seem like an Olive Garden! I had a Tagliatelle with big chunks of rustic sausage, basil, and red pepper. It was divine.Special Features:
- Incredible experience919yallDined on 8/16/2014We had drinks and dinner here for my sisters bachelorette party and we were blown away by the great service, the unique and delicious cocktails and the fantastic food! Our waitress gave us each our own cocktails based on our tastes and they were beautiful and yummy. Her recommendations throughout the meal were spot on! Wish I lived closer and could go everyday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Think you're in ItalyFabulous2dineVIPDined on 8/13/2014Charming Italian restaurant with great food, service and ambiance! Great addition to the Logan Circle neighborhood.Special Features:
- Food needs workdaveDined on 8/5/2014Great ambiance, great service. I really liked the charcuterie plate, but my pasta was underwhelming, as was my wife's. Our two dinner guests weren't crazy about their plates either. One had the porchetta, which was over cooked. This is too bad, bc its in a great location and a really beautiful restaurant, I just think they still need to work on their food. My favorite part of the meal was the negronis. Those were perfectly made.Special Features:
- Yummy but14DinerDined on 8/3/2014Let me start by saying I love the place and have been numerous times. Food consistently good (although the bread was stale this time). Had some office colleagues in from out of town. I specifically reserved a table upstairs out of the way because we had some issues to work out. The waiter wasn't really getting the fact that we were in intense discussion and kept walking up to the table and insisting he be heard. I've been a waiter and know that you can watch a table to see if they are "OK" rather than insisting that everyone verbally acknowledge that they like the cheese. More observation please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like we were back in Italy!OnenitaDined on 8/2/2014Great homemade Italian and very knowledgable and thoughtful staff. My husband and I split the spaghetti carbonara and then a small salad and we ended it with a cheese plate (wonderfully selected by our server), which came with an amazing jam, honey, fruit, and nuts. The basket of bread sticks and focaccia bread served with the pasta was yummy, as well! Our server explained all courses to us, which added another layer to our experience. This was our 2nd time and we'll be back at least once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmeggiecakesDined on 8/1/2014I've been here twice and love the food!! Great appetizers, awesome pastas and wonderful wine list. Highly recommend this dining experience. Only downside is that both times I've been, they've told us they are too full to seat people without reservations and I've noticed multiple tables that sat empty the entire time we dined. Seems a shame for the waiter in that section!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, and staffPauloDined on 7/31/2014I don't often write reviews, but this place is just so good. I've been here twice before and all three times have been amazing. Anna Marie and Kiera (I think that's her name) were my servers (Anna Marie twice) and they were both very knowledgeable about the wine and food. I had a wine in mind, but asked Anna Marie for a recommendation first. After she talked me through what I liked in a wine she ended up selecting the same one I was thinking of (the Montepulciano). They were both very friendly, approachable, funny, and knew a lot about the food and wine. I ended up getting the tuna the first time, a crawfish risotto on special the second time, and the carbonara. I would get everything again and still dream about the crawfish risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentSparkyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Had high hopes going in but left disappointed. The two fish entrees (tuna and swordfish) were poor quality fish and poorly prepared. The tuna had a foul undertone taste and the swordfish was overcooked. Likewise, the green salad had nice ingredients but was swimming in dressing. May be we should have opted for the home made pasta. we did not stay for deserts. The wine list features wines from various regions in Italy and is adequate.
- I Used to Be a FanUsed2BaFanVIPDined on 7/24/2014Had been a big fan of Lupa Verde and your Cacio e Pepe, however, after making a reservation on Open Table weeks in advance and being offered a community table in the noisy downstairs, I then had to wait an additional 45 minutes. Blond hostess lied stating that my table was being set, when it wasn't + was then given a free round of drinks after specifically stating, "no thanks" to alcohol. Our out of town guest, exhausted after waiting more than an hour, who also had a long drive home laughed when we were given limoncello which she could not drink. In a nutshell, the food is good but not worth the price of admission. If you are going to only take a small number of reservations in advance, try to honor them the way they do at Le Diplomate.
- FantastictomPVIPDined on 7/23/2014Cant say enough good things about this very special restaurant from the food to the service to the ambience. Intimate yet lively atmosphere, And Fantastic food--Special Features:
- Great dinning optionMarioDined on 7/22/2014I was walking in 14th st looking for a good place to have dinner on a saturday night, Lupo was full so I reserved for another day, it was worth it!, the drinks are awesome and the food and service is great, everything we had was perfect, totally recomended but I recomend to have a reservation.Special Features:
- Green WolfOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Great service, excellent cheese and meat plates, and pasta dishes were excellent. Wine and specialty cocktails spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!FunFoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this restaurant. The building was charming, the staff incredibly attentive, the wine was wonderful and the food exquisite. Our waiter gave us an amazing overview on the wines as we described what we were looking for and he did not disappoint. Wow. What a gem! Sorry it took me so long to find it! I will be back and I will bring friends -- again and again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/20/2014Lupo Verde is delicious and definitely my favorite on 14th St. Can't wait for my next visit! If you haven't already, try the lasagna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, great locationRKalaDined on 7/19/2014I had 8:30pm reservations on a Saturday night. We arrived at 8pm and were seated after a few minutes. The wine on tap is delicious and chilled but the portions are small so be prepared to get a few glasses. We ordered a meat and cheese plate with 1 meat and 2 cheeses. The amount of cheese was generous and great. Now onto the entrees, I got the Tagliatelle with tomatoes and sausage while my boyfriend got the Lamb Ragu (since this seemed quite popular). Neither pasta was anywhere near good. They both seemed to have been sitting in the kitchen for a while. We were both very unhappy with the quality. The service was just OK, we had to ask twice for wine refills and our meat/cheese plate took FOREVER to come out. We will not return.Special Features:
- Excellent birthday!federalDined on 7/18/2014I was treated to dinner and a delicious semifreddo dessert at Lupo Verde for my birthday. It was outstanding, and we had great service. I wish you would offer whole grain pizza and pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was fabARC1Dined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed the appetizers more than my meal. Great service, friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TryzzzzVIPDined on 7/14/2014It was my first time dining there. I will return. The service was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Amazing Italian food!DCNick78Dined on 7/12/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in D.C., hands down! Awesome wine selection, too!Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceDCFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Anne Marie is fantastic. Knowledgeable, patient and energetic.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Notwithstanding the choices on 14th Street, we end up going to Lupo almost once a week. It is our go-to place for meeting up with friends or when family is in town. The food and service are the best.Special Features:
- Repeat customer hereItalophileDined on 7/8/2014I have been 6 or 7 times since it opened. Great feel of southern italian eatery. Great food, although occasionally, as it this time the dessert which was not good, not every item is perfect.... but I consider that true anywhere. It really feels like walking into that place in anytown Italy and getting a good home prepared meal... Love it.Special Features: