1401 T St. NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lupoverdedc.com/
- Phone: 2028274752x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday Dinner : 5:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday-Sunday Brunch : 10.30am-3.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Domenico Apollaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Lupo Verde
Authentic, rustic, Italian fare featuring a variety of small plates, house-made charcuteries, breads, cheeses and antipasti. Wood-fired pizzas are also available along with house-made pastas, whole roasted fish and a premiere selection of meats during dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Lupo Verde - Best Restaurants in Logan Circle ›
Lupo Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)neighborhood gem (72)great for outdoor dining (67)romantic (58)hot spot (52)special occasion (45)vibrant bar scene (39)notable wine list (39)great for brunch (23)good for groups (21)late-night find (15)scenic view (11)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Very Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Lupo Verde definitely lived up to the hype, great atmosphere, amazing food. Lupo Verde offers something for everyone - outdoor dining is very elegant, the upstairs portion of the restaurant offers a very intimate experience, the downstairs portion where the bar is is very lively but still maintains a great ambience. Would highly recommend for a date, a night out with friends, or even a dinner with your parents.Special Features:
- SEneighborVIPDined on 8/25/2014Glad to have had the opportunity to check out Lupo Verde. The staff works very hard and I was grateful to have a nice meal there. Thank you.Special Features:
- All around excellent experiencesjtewsVIPDined on 8/23/2014I've eaten here several times, met most of the wait staff and the owner. The food is as excellent as the dining experience provided by the superb staff. They will make recommendations if asked, suggest wine pairings, help create an impromptu tasting experience for the table that is a great culinary experience. The smaller size of the space makes it an intimate experience that's a tough reservation some days but well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Green WolfDudleyDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is in a perfect location on 14th Street. It has a charm and ambiance about it that is very hospitable and the food is to die for. I'll definitely be back for more.Special Features:
- Service superbJeffVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our server, Ann Marie, was extraordinary -- one of the best servers we have had in a long time. The food was okay but a little spotty. The pasta was superb but the octopus was overcooked or done in a way which made it fast like beef jerky. The swordfish was average. The bread was first-rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love lupo verde!DCfoodieDined on 8/17/2014We absolutely love lupo verde! This time the service was slow, but the food was amazing yet again. The outdoor seating is very cute, and it's almost impossible to have a bad time when you're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Italians in DCRobertVIPDined on 8/16/2014This lovely little place may well be one of the best and truly Roman, Italian restaurants in the country. Let's put it this way, if you had a meal like this in Rome, you would be thrilled. We didn't have a lot, but what we had was amazing. We started with fried Roman, Jewish artichokes. They were not only the best artichoke dish we have ever had, it may be the best fried thing we have ever had. We had a lovely bottle of Vermentino. We each had a pasta. My wife had a black squid ink seafood pasta that was the best we ever tasted. It made A16 in SF seem like an Olive Garden! I had a Tagliatelle with big chunks of rustic sausage, basil, and red pepper. It was divine.Special Features:
- Incredible experience919yallDined on 8/16/2014We had drinks and dinner here for my sisters bachelorette party and we were blown away by the great service, the unique and delicious cocktails and the fantastic food! Our waitress gave us each our own cocktails based on our tastes and they were beautiful and yummy. Her recommendations throughout the meal were spot on! Wish I lived closer and could go everyday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Think you're in ItalyFabulous2dineVIPDined on 8/13/2014Charming Italian restaurant with great food, service and ambiance! Great addition to the Logan Circle neighborhood.Special Features:
- Food needs workdaveDined on 8/5/2014Great ambiance, great service. I really liked the charcuterie plate, but my pasta was underwhelming, as was my wife's. Our two dinner guests weren't crazy about their plates either. One had the porchetta, which was over cooked. This is too bad, bc its in a great location and a really beautiful restaurant, I just think they still need to work on their food. My favorite part of the meal was the negronis. Those were perfectly made.Special Features:
- Yummy but14DinerDined on 8/3/2014Let me start by saying I love the place and have been numerous times. Food consistently good (although the bread was stale this time). Had some office colleagues in from out of town. I specifically reserved a table upstairs out of the way because we had some issues to work out. The waiter wasn't really getting the fact that we were in intense discussion and kept walking up to the table and insisting he be heard. I've been a waiter and know that you can watch a table to see if they are "OK" rather than insisting that everyone verbally acknowledge that they like the cheese. More observation please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like we were back in Italy!OnenitaDined on 8/2/2014Great homemade Italian and very knowledgable and thoughtful staff. My husband and I split the spaghetti carbonara and then a small salad and we ended it with a cheese plate (wonderfully selected by our server), which came with an amazing jam, honey, fruit, and nuts. The basket of bread sticks and focaccia bread served with the pasta was yummy, as well! Our server explained all courses to us, which added another layer to our experience. This was our 2nd time and we'll be back at least once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmeggiecakesDined on 8/1/2014I've been here twice and love the food!! Great appetizers, awesome pastas and wonderful wine list. Highly recommend this dining experience. Only downside is that both times I've been, they've told us they are too full to seat people without reservations and I've noticed multiple tables that sat empty the entire time we dined. Seems a shame for the waiter in that section!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, and staffPauloDined on 7/31/2014I don't often write reviews, but this place is just so good. I've been here twice before and all three times have been amazing. Anna Marie and Kiera (I think that's her name) were my servers (Anna Marie twice) and they were both very knowledgeable about the wine and food. I had a wine in mind, but asked Anna Marie for a recommendation first. After she talked me through what I liked in a wine she ended up selecting the same one I was thinking of (the Montepulciano). They were both very friendly, approachable, funny, and knew a lot about the food and wine. I ended up getting the tuna the first time, a crawfish risotto on special the second time, and the carbonara. I would get everything again and still dream about the crawfish risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentSparkyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Had high hopes going in but left disappointed. The two fish entrees (tuna and swordfish) were poor quality fish and poorly prepared. The tuna had a foul undertone taste and the swordfish was overcooked. Likewise, the green salad had nice ingredients but was swimming in dressing. May be we should have opted for the home made pasta. we did not stay for deserts. The wine list features wines from various regions in Italy and is adequate.
- I Used to Be a FanUsed2BaFanVIPDined on 7/24/2014Had been a big fan of Lupa Verde and your Cacio e Pepe, however, after making a reservation on Open Table weeks in advance and being offered a community table in the noisy downstairs, I then had to wait an additional 45 minutes. Blond hostess lied stating that my table was being set, when it wasn't + was then given a free round of drinks after specifically stating, "no thanks" to alcohol. Our out of town guest, exhausted after waiting more than an hour, who also had a long drive home laughed when we were given limoncello which she could not drink. In a nutshell, the food is good but not worth the price of admission. If you are going to only take a small number of reservations in advance, try to honor them the way they do at Le Diplomate.
- FantastictomPVIPDined on 7/23/2014Cant say enough good things about this very special restaurant from the food to the service to the ambience. Intimate yet lively atmosphere, And Fantastic food--Special Features:
- Great dinning optionMarioDined on 7/22/2014I was walking in 14th st looking for a good place to have dinner on a saturday night, Lupo was full so I reserved for another day, it was worth it!, the drinks are awesome and the food and service is great, everything we had was perfect, totally recomended but I recomend to have a reservation.Special Features:
- Green WolfOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Great service, excellent cheese and meat plates, and pasta dishes were excellent. Wine and specialty cocktails spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!FunFoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this restaurant. The building was charming, the staff incredibly attentive, the wine was wonderful and the food exquisite. Our waiter gave us an amazing overview on the wines as we described what we were looking for and he did not disappoint. Wow. What a gem! Sorry it took me so long to find it! I will be back and I will bring friends -- again and again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/20/2014Lupo Verde is delicious and definitely my favorite on 14th St. Can't wait for my next visit! If you haven't already, try the lasagna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, great locationRKalaDined on 7/19/2014I had 8:30pm reservations on a Saturday night. We arrived at 8pm and were seated after a few minutes. The wine on tap is delicious and chilled but the portions are small so be prepared to get a few glasses. We ordered a meat and cheese plate with 1 meat and 2 cheeses. The amount of cheese was generous and great. Now onto the entrees, I got the Tagliatelle with tomatoes and sausage while my boyfriend got the Lamb Ragu (since this seemed quite popular). Neither pasta was anywhere near good. They both seemed to have been sitting in the kitchen for a while. We were both very unhappy with the quality. The service was just OK, we had to ask twice for wine refills and our meat/cheese plate took FOREVER to come out. We will not return.Special Features:
- Excellent birthday!federalDined on 7/18/2014I was treated to dinner and a delicious semifreddo dessert at Lupo Verde for my birthday. It was outstanding, and we had great service. I wish you would offer whole grain pizza and pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was fabARC1Dined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed the appetizers more than my meal. Great service, friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TryzzzzVIPDined on 7/14/2014It was my first time dining there. I will return. The service was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Amazing Italian food!DCNick78Dined on 7/12/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in D.C., hands down! Awesome wine selection, too!Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceDCFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Anne Marie is fantastic. Knowledgeable, patient and energetic.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Notwithstanding the choices on 14th Street, we end up going to Lupo almost once a week. It is our go-to place for meeting up with friends or when family is in town. The food and service are the best.Special Features:
- Repeat customer hereItalophileDined on 7/8/2014I have been 6 or 7 times since it opened. Great feel of southern italian eatery. Great food, although occasionally, as it this time the dessert which was not good, not every item is perfect.... but I consider that true anywhere. It really feels like walking into that place in anytown Italy and getting a good home prepared meal... Love it.Special Features:
- StephDined on 7/5/2014Feels like you're in some small ristorante in the Italian countryside. Great eclectic menu offering a little for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dinning Experience!CLarkinDined on 7/4/2014Everything at Lupo Verde exceeded our expectations, and we have high expectations with restaurants in Canada and USA. From the moment we made our reservation we were impressed with Lupo's customer service (follow up phone call to confirm reservation, replies on Twitter). The service we received while at Lupo was superb - Ann Mari is a gem and provided honest and spot-on recommendations for food and wine. She made us feel that we were welcomed and really ensured we enjoyed every aspect of our time at Lupo. The food was excellent - the marinated scallops, beef carpaccio, and handmade pastas were all prepared with great skill and care. We loved Lupo and highly recommend this to anyone in the DC area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely neighborhood gemRomanacciaDined on 7/3/2014Great atmosphere and vibe. We enjoyed being there, looking forward to going back to the bar for fun cocktails, good wine choices, and salumi and cheeses. Food was ok, a little heavy for summertime, but the fresh pasta and authentic sounding options were much appreciated. Our waiter, while efficient, was a little too loud for our taste, and we cringed whenever he came by to give us and our neighbors the menu spiel. Fun place though and I will definitely be back. Great addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best new spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2014Lupo Verde was incredible and absolutely delicious. We loved everything we tried and can't wait to go back. It's a little expensive, but everything was totally worth it and I look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Great food, relaxing atmosphereShelbiRenaeDined on 6/29/2014Lupo Verde proved to be perfect for a romantic dinner. The food was extremely good and not overly heavy. I had pasta with lamp and it was delicious. The drinks took some time which is to be expected of a craft cocktail bar. The bread with the meal was flavorful and worked as a great supplement to the meal. The desserts looked average so we opted to forgo that course.Special Features:
- Good but not enoughMattVIPDined on 6/28/2014Went there for brunch. Food was good but portions are way two small. Too bad because everything else was nice.Special Features:
- My new favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014The food is incredible. It is the same quality that you would find at a good restaurant in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good addition to 14th StreetNB41VIPDined on 6/22/2014This is a welcome addition to 14th street restaurant scene -- very good Italian food selection in cozy environment. Service could be a bit more attentive. HSpecial Features:
- Just okayCls123Dined on 6/21/2014For what you pay for, portions are small and drinks are weak.
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2014Our first time at Lupo Verde impressed us. The food was fantastico, but the noise from the England-Italy World Cup match was (understandably) disruptive of dinnertime conversation. Our server (the owner, I think) gave us good guidance on flavors and textures. The fried artichoke was wonderful (and hard to find in DC - and especially hard to find done well), and the risotto special was tasty. But the homemade squid ink pasta stole the show: served with lots of seafood and an intensely-flavored sauce. Magnifico! We skipped dessert and coffee - too much noise. But the desserts looked homemade and wonderful. I'm sure Lupo Verde will become one of our regular haunts - when the World Cup is over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !st visit was not great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/14/2014With the World Cup this past weekend and Lupo Verdi having very small bars that were packed with very roudy patrons did not make our dining experience very pleasurable. Our food server was even distracted by the game. It seemed very strange for sports enthusiasts to come to small bars at a restaurant like this one to view a sports event!Special Features: