Lupo Restaurant & Vinoteca
869 Hamilton Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2R7Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Lupo Restaurant & Vinoteca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luporestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 604-569-2535
- Hours of Operation:
Reservations Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julio Gonzalez Perini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: seated private room for up to 30
- Private Party Contact: Michael Mameli 604 569 2535
A word from Lupo Restaurant & Vinoteca
Modern Italian cooking emphasizing quality and value. Lupo Restaurant located at the entrance to Vancouver’s famous Yaletown area. Theatres, Concert and sporting venues all within a short walk.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lupo Restaurant & Vinoteca - Best Restaurants in Yaletown ›
Lupo Restaurant & Vinoteca reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (122)romantic (104)fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (83)notable wine list (57)good for groups (26)hot spot (13)late-night find (10)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Superb Italian Cuisine & AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I took my girlfriend here for a romantic dinner in August, 2014. Great location on Hamilton St. The restaurant is a well-finished character style building with large wooden moldings, wood flooring, warm lighting and thought-provoking modern artwork. The service was exceptional; our server Chris expertly described the nights special dishes and was very attentive yet he seemed only arrived at our table at the exact moment we needed. The wine selection was lengthy and varied, expect to pay a minimum of $40/bottle and upwards of $400 your wallet can handle it. Each dish we had was delicious and made with care; we shared the focaccia and the caprese. I had the bucatini amatriciani and my date had pappardelle. Excellent food and atmosphere!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I've eaten here before and expected and received perfection again. The server was prepared to meet my gluten free queries. The chef was more than accommodating to GF alterations on the menu. An outstanding Steelhead was most enjoyable.I will always recommend this fine establishment to others. The only drawback is that it does get a bit noisy (even on a Tuesday night!).Special Features:
- Quality Italian DinnerChrisVVIPDined on 8/17/2014My friend and I enjoyed a quality Italian dinner in this homey setting. This restaurant sits in a converted Victorian home in the heart of Vancouver. The food and service was first rate. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I had the gnocchi and my friend had the tagliatelle. We shared the burratta special. Everything about the meal was first rate. I highly recommend Lupo.Special Features:
- Loved It. Loved It. Loved IT.TiaritchVIPDined on 8/17/2014Our only regret about our 6 days in Vancouver is that we did not include a third visit to Lupo. We went there our first night, based on Open Table recommendations and proximity to hotel, then made a reservation for our last night (even cancelling a prior reservation elsewhere.) If possible, it was better the second time around. The second time we got a selection of contorni (plates to share) and each chose a pasta, asking the waiter to choose a salad for us and also our wines. Spot on every time. The night we arrived, we ordered a bottle of Amarone but when it wasn't right for our lobster ravioli, they came up with a fine suggestion. That night I had a veal dish and my husband a steak. This place ranks with the best!Special Features:
- wonderful restaurantperfect4uDined on 8/16/2014I took my boyfriend there for his birthday and booked the reservation online asking that we were seated in a quiet area and also asked at the last minute to change the reservation time. I received a reminder call for the reservation and the new time was confirmed. When we arrived we were greeted quickly and politely and taken to a quiet corner table. The waiter, Mo, was polite, professional, and had an awesome sense of humour. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. It was a wonderful overall experience. I would definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Service was attentive but not intrusive and food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceRenegadebbDined on 8/15/2014We had an early dinner, but it was still pretty full. The food was really good and the service was good as well. My sister had the black cod and said it was fabulous. I had pasta and it was quite good. The desserts were yummy as well, the lemon tart was delicious! Would definitely recommend it as a place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience here. Wonderful, personable service and delicious Italian food beautifully presented. Would definitely recommend for a special dinner with lovely ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpencerDined on 8/11/2014One of the best restaurants I've visited in the Pacific Northwest this summ.Special Features:
- Great Dinner in VancouverIdahoRichDined on 8/8/2014We ate at Lupo while in Vancouver for our anniversary and it was a marvelous experience. The food and service was first rate and we thoroughly enjoyed the intimate feel of the place. Our dinner was a perfect way to enjoy and evening in Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pefect!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Everything was seamless ... Service from Sean and Chris was awesome; had the vitello, the lobster stuffed ravioli, the veal New York, and the quail. Always perfect for any occasion. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findDeeKVIPDined on 8/7/2014Service was excellent, food delicious. Definitely must dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTallyDined on 8/3/2014We use to enjoy going to Lupo when it was Villa de Lupo - unfortunately they're missing the mark.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceboulderfoodiesVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I and another couple - both celebrating our 50th wedding anniversaries - went to Lupo on the first day of our Vancouver visit. We chose Lupo partly based on OpenTable reviews and were not disappointed. We started out with a great cannelloni - the best I've had since my San Francisco days. This was followed by Ling Cod (excellent), Risotto Nero (excellent), Fettucine Bolognese (excellent) and Short Rib Brasato (very good). We were there on a Saturday night and it was very busy - and noisy - however our waiter took excellent care of us - and comped us a delicious Moscato in recognition of our anniversaries. Lupo is located in a charming old (but renovated) house and offers a cozy neighborhood atmosphere. My advice: go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, cozy, and not pretentiousFoodieInVanDined on 8/2/2014Lupo provides character that is perfect for a romantic date night as you can actually carry a conversation without layers of back ground noise. I'm not interested in having an eye shot to the kitchen as I go to restaurants to not see work happening. The wait staff were enthusiastic about doing a great job and they did. The food was great. The wine list was limited but with good options which in my opinion suggests they understand the business side of operating a restaurant without needing to charge excessively. It's a great restaurant for an anniversary type occasion. The experience at Lupo allowed me to not feel like I was spending excessively while also keeping the evening special and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!RKWbdaDined on 8/1/2014Great location, excellent food and friendly staff. Wonderful selection of wines available. Lamb shank out of this world, home made sorbetto was delicious....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dukesterDined on 7/30/2014Had a fantastic dinner here the other night with our two kids (11 and 16). Food was excellent all around. Service very good. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint spot for dinnerIndyjerDined on 7/27/2014Located in Yaletown in an historic house. Small but very nice and a cozy homey feel. Service was great and welcoming. Food is on expensive side but very good. Had a veal porterhouse and was done to a "T". Very tender, yummy and just right. Pretty good Italian wine selection.Special Features:
- RTseVIPDined on 7/26/2014We love their lobster risotto, vegetable & bean soup, buratta, and rapini. I had the rack-of-lamb for the first time in many years. It was amazing. I will have to order it again soon. The staff are the best. They are very personable & friendly, yet very professional and prompt.Special Features:
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014Our dinner at Lupo was fantastic from start to finish! The quality of the food was absolutely first rate- delicious fresh produce, house-made pastas, a burrata special that was out of this world- I am drooling just thinking about it. Our server, Michael, was the nicest person ever. He made us feel so welcome, we almost forgot we were tourists. I would recommend Lupo to anyone wanting a memorable and delicious meal in Vancouver and I will return there if I am ever fortunate enough to visit the city again!Special Features:
- Lovely, left with my wallet emptyOpentablereviewDined on 7/26/2014As soon as my girlfriend walked up to the restaurant we were immediately and properly greeted by the hostess. She took us upstairs and was sat at a pleasant table and Susie our server came and greeted us. The price for wine was pricey indeed, $14 for a 5 ounce glass of burrowing Owl, whereas if we dined at the Teahouse restaurant it would have only been roughly $10 for a 6 ounce glass. Even so, we ordered a glass to share. Considering myself an avid diner of upscale restaurants I felt ignorant looking at the menu; maybe it's my lack of knowledge of the Italian cuisine. My SO and I shared a octopus carpaccio apply, she had the quail and I had the feature lobster and shrimp ravioli. We ended with canoli and a parking violation ticket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwaysfoodlovahDined on 7/25/2014We go to Lupo knowing we will have great service and delicious food and therefore save it for celebrations and special occasions. Once again, we truly enjoyed our experience. The wild mushroom gluten free pasta was extremely flavorful and the lamb shank was perfectly tender. We also appreciated being seated in a quieter area. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rickDined on 7/21/2014We saw this restauant from out hotel window & it looked interesting. The food was wonderful and the service outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:
- A must tryDevourCanadaDined on 7/20/2014This was my first time at Lupo, loved the atmosphere (it's in a renovated character home) but most importantly, I LOVED the food. Everything was well made and tasted delicious. Service was thoughtful and not overbearing. Please go try Lupo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant to take my adult daughter to for dinner. I typed into google "best restaurants in Vancouver". On one of the first sites that came up, I saw LUPO on a "10 best restaurants in Vancouver List". After eating at the restaurant, I would definitely put LUPO on that list. The food was delicious and special. The ambience was charming. This restaurant is a great find.Special Features:
- WOWchickenloveDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I haven't been to Lupo in about 25 years, when it was Villa De Lupo... what a difference! Gone was the musty old house smell but remaining a charmimg, vibrant updated version! Our server Nate was AMAZING! Perfection describes the food and the all around service! Wil defintiely be back before another quarter century goes by! Perhaps my favourite meal to date in Vancouver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staff and great foodRossDined on 7/18/2014The location is in a remodeled townhouse the layout is unusual and cozy but it is done nicely. The staff was very friendly, the hostess especially was very personable. The food was delicious and not outrageous in cost for the portions and quality. The only issues we had were that we were seated near the kitchen and a loud party but this happens. It is worth mentioning that the entrance is a large set of stairs, fortunately, we did not have anyone in a wheelchair with us this trip but might be an issue for others, I did not notice a handi-friendly entrance but there may have been one I did not see. Definitely would recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- FantasticNotafoodieDined on 7/18/2014Only review ever written but this place hands down deserves it. Knowledgeable staff, amazing food & gorgeous ambience. Makes for a perfect & romantic night out, though comes with a price tag. Little expensive, but truly worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food and great serviceGourmandDined on 7/17/2014The food was excellent: the Octopus Carpaccio was the best we have ever had even in Italy, which we travel to on a regular basis the lobster in the risotto was cooked to perfection and the rice was tasty but could have been slightly creamier The ossobuco was moist, tender and very well flavored, everyone loved it. The only caveat was that the restaurant was noisy, and thanks to a party next to us that was super loud (we were seated in an alcove at the back) we really had to strain to carry any conversation. The service was attentive, cheerful and gracious. All and all a very tasty dinner.Special Features:
- Would be nicer ifLovesFoodDined on 7/11/2014Friendly staff and delicious food. But compared to my other favorite place 'le crocodile' it lacks some stuff. Bread with olive oil, a standard in Italian restaurants is not complementary, basically nothing complementary on the table except for water. Not even bread and butter that you get at most restaurants! Le crocodile always brings free treats from the kitchen which is always nice and makes them look more generous and welcoming. They mixed up our order and brought the wrong food twice to our table and had to return it. At the end instead of the Milanese risotto that we ordered for the table we received the risotto meal and charged for which was delicious but disappointing that the server didn't pay attention when we were ordering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantNeeluDined on 7/5/2014Lupo is a wonderful restaurant this was our second time there and we would go back again and again.. Food was excellent and service impeccable. Overall amazing experience everytime :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTseVIPDined on 7/5/2014We are regular customers at Lupo and just had our anniversary dinner here. The Lupo crew each congratulated us and then they gave us an extraordinary gift for our celebration. This made our night even more special than it already was. Lupo truly appreciates its customers. As always, the food and the service were flawless; the best in the business. My wife and I look forward to our next viist to Lupo...which will be soon.Special Features:
- Friday night dinner at 9pmmichaelhubbardDined on 7/4/2014Food is excellent, well prepared and very good. Atmosphere is very busy, servers moving fast through the dinning room. Arrived at 9pm and was seated promptly, did not get dinner until 10.30, after an appetizer course. Wait staff is friendly. This was our first time so perhaps a Friday night timing was not right. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice italian foodLuvFranceVIPDined on 7/4/2014the food was excellent in presentation and preparation and our waiter was quite knowledgeable about wine pairings.Special Features:
- Nice Surprise!Lindsay77Dined on 7/3/2014I took my husband to this restaurant for his birthday, not knowing what to expect. We walked up the stairs into this beautiful, quaint converted house with a romantic vibe. Food was absolutely excellent, and all of the employees were very attentive without being over the top. The atmosphere was really nice as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant - we'll definitely be returning with some friends!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/3/2014Was in Vancouver for the holiday and restaurant was across the street. The food was superb and the staff was attentive but let us enjoy our conversation. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Vancouver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrateKathrynDined on 7/2/2014We chose Lupo as a special place to celebrate our anniversary. It was perfect. The food was fabulous; cocktails and wine superb. Our server was delightful. We'll be looking for other reasons to visit again.Special Features:
- One of our favourites in VanforzaDined on 6/29/2014Reservation was made for 4 but another guest showed up and the restaurant went out of their ways to make up a table for 5 instead of four.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Was a very good dinner, quiet ambiance and the waiter was great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014The food was amazing, taste and presentation. Service was good, until it was time to pay the bill, after the bill was paid, the waitress body language and tone changed. I was very impressed with my experience until this happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.