Lupa by Mario Batali - Hong Kong
3/F, LHT Tower
31 Queen's Road
Central, Hong Kong, Hong KongNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Lupa by Mario Batali - Hong Kong
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.diningconcepts.com.hk/
- Phone: 27966500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Zach Allen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: 1. Luxury private dining room seats up to 12 guests 2. Private balcony areas seats 2 areas of 20 guests or 1 area for 40 guests
- Private Party Contact: Kristal Lee 39123905
- Entertainment: DJ music with live DJ Friday, Saturday and public holidays.
A word from Lupa by Mario Batali - Hong Kong
Classic Italian cuisine by celebrity New York chef, Mario Batali set in a superb environment with a relaxing terrace for a la carte dining and entertaining. An oasis in the heart of Central, Hong Kong.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lupa by Mario Batali - Hong Kong - Best Restaurants in Hong Kong ›
Lupa by Mario Batali - Hong Kong reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was great except we orderedSlowVIPDined on 1/18/2014Food was great except we ordered pizza. The chef came out and said the first ones were burned and they had to remake them. It took a ridiculous amount of time to get our pizza. It put a damper on what would have been a great meal.Special Features:
- Dinner in HKNormDined on 11/27/2013We have dined at Mario's restaurants in NYC and hope for a great experience. The food was far, the service was slow and the waitress got 5 out of 6 meals wrong. The wine steward was very nice. I would not recommend for dinner with 6.Special Features:
- Sea Urchin Pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2013Second time for dinner and it did not disappoint. 3 of us shared the orchietta pasta which was good. I had the sea urchin pasta which was absolutely delicious, better than what I had a few weeks ago in Sicily! Friends shared the pasta w/white truffle, which was very well priced for 5+ grams. The branzino dish and scallop dishes were fresh and well prepared and presented. Fantastic wine list, check out the sommelier's choices, we had the Aglianico from Campania. After it had a chance to breath it opened up really nicely, we had to order a second! Lupa is definitely one of best Italian restaurants and it offers a great "value". I already have my next dinner there planned and can't wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal....OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/14/2013Went here for dinner to celebrate my mother's 60th birthday and the entire meal was fantastic. We were greeted warmly and professionally. Our female server was exceptional and Juan the Manager was very attentive and friendly. Tasting menu left nothing to be desired and the wine pairings were great. I would come here again and again each time I visit Hong Kong. Thank you for a lovely dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't come to HKG for Mario's italyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/14/2013After dining at so many of Mario's resturants, this was truely a disappointment. The food was average - HKG isn't the mecca of Italian food, but it should have been much better. After being blasted with Red Hot CHili Pepper's Californicatios 4 times, I asked to change the track. It went from blasting to quiet until another server admitted it's his favorite and he kept it on repeat, then finally changed it. The service was fair at best. The resturant was rather empty - either a sign it hasn't caught on, or that everyone had the same experience we did and stopped coming. The few there were a mix of locals and western tourist/business people. Clearly Mario needs to spend a little time fixing this resturant.
- Sadly overhyped...Not sureareopagusVIPDined on 10/14/2012Sadly overhyped...Not sure this place will last that long. Hardly anybody there for Sunday brunch. The food was not all that remarkable.
- Look elsewhere if you like pastaSeoulmanDined on 8/5/2012I went for dinner with my wife on 6 August after making reservations on Open Table in Hong Kong. This was our first big night out while visiting Hong Kong from Seoul where we live. The decor was modern, and the service was to standard. The food itself was very uneven. I took the servers recommendation for the Tonarelli with Crab and Fennel. Best way to describe it is limp ramen noodles. The dish had the consistency of paste, and almost no crab (and no flavor) to be found. We had ordered olives for the beginning of the meal, and they did not come out until we were ready for dessert. We also thought that the portions provided were meager compared to the prices charged. We spent the rest of our week in Hong Kong enjoying delightful, full flavo