134 Avenue Road
Toronto, ON M5R 2H6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lunita.ca/
- Phone: 4169648686x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday & Monday: available for private functions
Wine Bar: Tuesday - Saturday 5:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Gash
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: L'Unità offers an array of possibilities for special events and parties. From an exclusive private event in our dining room, to intimate gatherings in your home, we will make sure that it is a once in a life time experience.
- Private Party Facilities: The dining room at L'Unità Enoteca can accommodate groups of up to 60 guests for a sit down dinner. Reception and cocktail events can be configured for up to 100.
- Private Party Contact: David Minicucci 4169648686x
- Special Events: Half Price Wine Tuesdays
A word from L'Unità Enoteca
Located in the heart of Upper Yorkville, L'Unità Enoteca has been serving the neighborhood for over seven successful years. Offering seasonal local fare described as 'New Italian with a Canadian Heart', L'Unità features a broad menu of new classics following the slow food cooking movement. All items are made in house from scratch, including all breads, pasta and desserts. Keeping in theme with the menu concept, the wine program at L'Unità Enoteca boasts exclusive labels representing regional Italy and local top producers from Niagara, Prince Edward County & B.C.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
L'Unità Enoteca - Best Restaurants in Yorkville ›
L'Unità Enoteca reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (53)romantic (35)notable wine list (30)good for groups (29)special occasion (26)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Fantastic evening every time we visit. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014We came by for dinner before our theatre tickets and upon sitting down told them that we needed to be on way way in about an hour and 15. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was excellent and we were on our way on time! I would definitely return and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as usualDaveDined on 10/24/2014With a friend visiting fro out of town, we picked l'Unita as a reliable nearby restaurant with excellent Italian food. We were not disappointed. Delicious food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OKAYAnneDined on 10/24/2014Very noisy, but you may like that....the pizza was fair....great crust but very sparse toppings. Great Wine! I would not go backSpecial Features:
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014L'Unita is FABULOUS. The staff is great in all respects, from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you are leaving. The food is fantastic. The vegetables, cheese, pasta and desserts are all great. It is truly a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Unita - yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014Had the calamari app and short rib dinner ... amazing ... highly recommend both dishes. On Tuesday bottles of wine are 1/2 price - such a deal!Special Features:
- Always greatBdavis64VIPDined on 10/15/2014We've been here several times and never disappoints. Salads are exceptional (even what appears to be a "usual Caesar salad " becomes something special). We have had pizza ( mushroom Bianca is incredible), pastas and mains (pork chop was great) and always delighted. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- always amazingluv2dineDined on 10/7/2014My husband and I have eaten at L'unita many times and have never been disappointed. David at the bar makes fabulous cocktails.....Michael looked after our table this past week and was so helpful and the food is always so fresh and delicious. The glow of the candles and the general ambience makes us want to linger after dinner is over.Special Features:
- raythefoodieDined on 10/2/2014I've had dinner at your restaurant a number of times (10+). The greeting, service, food, wine and attention to our needs were excellent! I've brought a number of people who have since returned. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Great food LUnita TorontoWJC722VIPDined on 9/23/2014I read the great reviews on Open Table and made a reservation but when I arrived as a single diner I was told that certain tables had been reserved and they offered me a side corridor near the kitchen door. Isn't making a reservation reserving a table? My server was very nice and the food was excellent, different from most Italian restaurants with very fresh ingredients and different combinations. Good for foodies. I did have an issue with service at the end but I loved my meal and would go back.Special Features:
- Class, ConsistencytorontoArmDined on 9/6/2014We just dined at L'Unita for the second time and were pleased the memorable quality from our first visit years ago hadn't waned. The ambiance is grown-up and intimate. The menu is simple, offering a smart range of enticing choices without resorting to fad dishes. We utterly enjoyed the fried smelts as an opener along with a fresh heirloom tomato caprese. The steak was tasty and the bass was char-grilled just enough to flavour the delicate meat without drying it out. Minor peeve: the espresso coffee was bitter, rather than biting. Overall though, a wonderful restaurant. The pizza at the table next to us looked like the real thing. We'll be going back for lunch just to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great anniversary dinner!finedine2014Dined on 9/4/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary and it was a very good experience the menu was not the easiest to read and the waitress wasn't the easiest to hear due to it being rather noisy due to a large group dining along side! The food was amazing to say the least the service was fantastic and the wine menu was filled with options easy for pairing the atmosphere was spectacular and the deserts amazing! I reccomend this restaurant to anyone looking to celebrate a special occasion with some fine dining for a great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in Toronto!AmazingServerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Always a great night at the bar...they stayed open late for us and we had some of the best pizza we've had in town. Finally a great place to get an amazing pizza and a good glass of wine in the Annex. Dessert was off the charts too! Our fav place.Special Features:
- Great Findfamilyof6VIPDined on 8/26/2014Have been to most of the Yorkville restauratants and this is my new favorite. Went with my family and had the best time. Great food, all prepared in house, great ambience with a very friendly staff. A real neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class servicepaolobabyDined on 8/16/2014While the meal was a delight, including excellent pasta, and perfectly done branzino, the service was impeccable. We lingered for about 2 1/2 hours without feeling rushed. One of our guests had health issues which didn't allow her to order from the menu, and there were no issues with taking up a valuable spot in the restaurant. The wine sommelier was very professional in opening the fine wine we brought along for dinner. Their bartender made me a perfect martini, difficult with my peculiar request. It was all in all a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KayTDined on 8/13/2014Food is outstanding! One of my favourites in the whole city.Special Features:
- L'Unita never failsRichyRichDined on 8/13/2014I've eaten at L'Unita many times since it opened and it has been a consistent and reliable experience. The location is great - close to city centre but not too close to be in amongst the uber-trendy, here today, gone tomorrow kind of place! The pastas are always excellent as most of the appetizers I've ever had. Service is always courteous and knowledgable and you leave feeling like your business is/was truly appreciated.Special Features:
- Lovely placeCevicheDined on 8/9/2014Just returened from Italy and was craving Italian cuisine. Overall excellent experience. Very attentive and gracious waitstaff. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Resto in TorontoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Dave and staff run an AMAZING restaurant!! It's our favourite in Toronto and our automatic "go-to" when we want an outstanding dinner. The food is phenomenal, staff is always attentive, and the atmosphere is warm and friendly (music is always great too!). Dave always has a great wine suggestion and the cannoli are out of this world. If you haven't eaten here, you're missing out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingElstonVIPDined on 8/1/2014I have been to L'Unita about 7 or 8 times. Each time the food and service is outstanding. It just does not disappoint in any way. Top 3 restaurants n Toronto. And I have been everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOeatDined on 7/26/2014I was quite impressed with the service at L'Unita. I had to make a couple of time changes to my reservation for family reasons, and they were very nice and accommodating. Our waitress was very friendly and accommodating as well. L'Unita is lively and fun - a great ambiance. We went with another couple, but it's a great place for group occasions. I never write reviews but felt it was important to applaud them for their superior service. The food was also fantastic! Veal meatball pizza was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotmcmsfVIPDined on 7/15/2014We both enjoyed all aspects of our dining experience: the food (we had the Summerlicious prix fixe) w sardine crostinis (wonderful), fish, dessert--all great, plus the wine recommendation was spot-on. We will definitely return when back in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but noisySatedDined on 7/12/2014We dined at L'Unita during Summerlicious and appreciated that they didn't cut corners because of the Prix Fix Menu. Particularly enjoyed the Sardine Starter and the Cannoli. We enjoyed the food and would return, but we didn't enjoy the noise level.Special Features:
- L'UnitaMartinDined on 7/12/2014This is what Summerlicious should be. It introduced us to a restaurant to which we should return. The food excellent, imaginative, well prepared. The service was good. What more is there to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't wait to go back!Ant66Dined on 7/12/2014awesome food..............so well done ;-) looking forward to returning for more awesomenesssss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing, despite foodTworedshoesDined on 7/11/2014Great to try a new spot, and the food was really lovely. The service was great, too, but I'm not sure I'll go back. Here's why: While we really legged it to get there on time, our table was 15 minutes late. And the main room has a great feel, but we were seated in what is somewhat irredeemably a hallway to the kitchen. Kind of a let down, unfortunately.
- I don't want my friends miss thisfoodleDined on 7/10/2014The surprise or delight is, even a common material like pork kabob as appetizer is done to the finest possible. It's as tender and juicy as young chicken. Only the flavor confirms it's pork. And unlike most fried fish fillet, which are often cooked to a chewy and fibrous state, my fish is so smooth and tender that I think it's done by slow cooking. While steak is my husband's favorite, he's often disappointed that the steak is either overdone or comes with lots of non-chewable tissue. Of course there's nothing like this at L'Unita. As a real plus, the people here repeatedly explain and make it very clear about how he like the steak to be done. The dessert is also done to taste the finest. You don't want to miss the last lick of the cream.Special Features:
- HerbertOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014It was a great night - the food was terrific and the Rob and Helen their staff was up, efficient and smiley.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014Food was good. I enjoyed the sardine crostini, I think I will need a regular fix. My friend had the crispy smelts also a hit. We followed with two pizzas they were light and tasty The service was terrific.Special Features:
- OutstandingChefwannabeDined on 7/5/2014A truly outstanding restaurant. Service was great and the food was the best we had in Toronto. Sardines are a must have whether you think you will like them or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundAtrane3VIPDined on 7/4/2014We chose to come back to Enoteca for our last dinner in Toronto and it didn't disappoint. Thanks Madison for your suggestions, dry humor and connection - a big factor in our great experience. Four cheese and Nonna's Veal meatball pizzas were off the hook, along with any sorbet, gelato or dessert. Thanks again for being a part of our great time in this lovely city.Special Features:
- Great experienceAtrane3VIPDined on 7/2/2014We truly enjoyed our experience at L'Unita Enoteca. Wine list is great, the 4 cheese pizza with prosciutto was just about perfect, and my daughter loved her tagliatelle. The desserts were superb as well. What makes this place great is the relaxed, food-first vibe, and the attention from the excellent staff. We are only in Toronto for 4 days and were going back here for our last night.Special Features:
- The following 274 reviews are from the L'Unità Enoteca reviews archive.
- kcahhDined on 6/27/2014That staff was very friendly and helpful. They knew their customers by name and treated them like guests in their home. This is a great neighborhood restaurant, that we stumbled on to, because of open table. This would be one of our favorite places if we lived here.Special Features:
- impressedBrabusV12Dined on 6/25/2014First time at L'unita, was very impressed with quality of food and service. Dessert was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite LocalTheHoneymoonersDined on 6/12/2014Since Feb my wife and I have been here 5 times, taken her parents once and twice brought other couples. We love it. Food is an incredible ever changing menu of Italian delights. The antipasto plate might be my favourite in the city. The service is always super friendly, knowledgeable and never pretentious. If you love wine they have an excellent selection and on Tuesdays all wine is 50% off. A truly wonderful dining experience through and throughSpecial Features:
- BrennieDined on 5/24/2014Great service. They do not rush you Wonderful food and a fun buzzing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Delicious diningluv2eatDined on 5/17/2014Great selection of options throughout the menu. Loved the specials focusing on the wild leek- delicious! The rocket and caesar salads were fresh and plentiful. The cavatelli pasta with octopus was fresh and had just enough spice; the grilled branzino and lamb pasta were also excellent. Wait staff attentive with drinks, water refills etc.Special Features:
- good new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2014Best caesar salad ever - and divided well in the kitchen - Rob was terrific as was HayleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic hallway tablesUptownDinerDined on 5/10/2014The main area of the restaurant was filled with people but our greeter took us to a hallway with about 4 2-seater tables lined against the wall. The hallway led to the kitchen but the ambiance was nice and semi-secluded. Server was cheerful and helpful - she had the chef plate our pasta dish into 2 dishes when she knew we would be sharing the pasta. Calamari appetizer was excellent. Rib pizza was very good. Dessert was nice (especially since I'm not a dessert person) - chocolate truffle cake with candied pecans. Will definitely dine here again!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureTheHoneymoonersDined on 5/7/2014Since my wife and I moved into the area in Feb we have been to L'unita 4 times. Each visit has surpassed the last. The Grazing plate is always new and playful. They have an excellent wine list and the menu is fabulous. I have tried a different item each time covering pasta, pizza, chicken, and beef cheeks. All were delicious. The wait staff is friendly, timely and knowledgeable. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.