116 Smith Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.lunetta-ny.com/
- Phone: 7184886269
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday:5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Adam Shepard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Catering: Lunetta can provide food for a variety of special events both inside the restaurant and outside the restaurant. Please contact us anytime to discuss your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Lunetta can accommodate parties as large as 50 seated. The restaurant is available for buy out virtually any day or evening. Please contact Lunetta to discuss the details of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Adam 7184886269
A word from Lunetta
Lunetta offers casual Italian fare in a warm and inviting neighborhood Brooklyn environment. Antipasti, pastas and roasted meats and fish comprise Lunetta’s wine- friendly menu. Lunetta focuses on regional, seasonal and locally produced meats, fish and vegetables to prepare its rustic regional Italian food. Lunetta holds the Slow Food Snail of Approval as a testament to its commitment to honest food and cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lunetta reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pretty goodorangutancutieVIPDined on 1/12/2014Overall, the food was good. Pappardelle with pork shoulder was tasty. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceNicole110Dined on 1/8/2014The staff at Lunetta makes you feel welcomed from the minute you step in the door. Multiple servers may check in with your table to make sure that you are happy. Food is always outstanding using high quality inputs. I also like the ambiance at Lunetta - elegant space but not stuffy. It's a great place for a date or to meet up with good friends - you are able to hold a conversation without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Not so great ServicebkfoodieDined on 1/4/2014Lunetta is in a great location, right off the Bergen stop in Carroll Gardens and very close to the Court Street movie theater so I would recommend it for dinner and movie night. The food was very good and the dessert and wine were delicious! The service needs improvement. They were not prepared with enough wait staff for a Saturday night and the waitress we had was not very personable and never even asked us how our food was. If they step it up in that category, this would be an awesome place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - but you have to wait itFoodfanVIPDined on 1/4/2014The food was really terrfic- imaginative and delicious. The wait staff was attentive to food sensitivities and accommodating. The place is very cool. The only problem was that it took almost an hour to get ANY food, even starters - and drinks took a very long time as well...but once the food started to come, it came in a reasonably timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent every time we goOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/3/2014We live 2 blocks from Lunetta and go there on a regular basis. It's always terrific. Great food, friendly service and just a great place to feel at home. We took our 5 year old daughter the other day and sat at the kitchen counter. She got to watch the chefs in action and just loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ElliotFSVIPDined on 12/28/2013My wife and I were looking for a good, mostly fancy restaurant in Brooklyn to take my mother out to dinner, rather than having to head all the way into Manhattan. Lunetta was fantastic. Reasonably close to Flatbush, the service was attentive, timely, and excellent. The food was amazing. My double-cut pork chop was rather small, but packed in huge flavor! I didn't mind my portions as I knew I would be the designated eater for everyone else with smaller stomachs :) The bruschetta were all delicious (We had all except the pate). The pasta plate (Pappardelle Lamb) and steak were also delicious. The cocktails are great. It was actually quiet around 6 PM, but business quickly picked up at 7 PM. We will definitely visit this establishment again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindTheresaVIPDined on 12/27/2013A big group of 7, we thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Wait Staff was efficient. Food was delicious; especially the bruschetta appetizers. Generous portions, too. Desserts were good, too. The gelato selections especially the peppermint was very good. Casual and good find for the downtown Brooklyn area. Please note the space is small and as such tables are close together. But, that did not distract or create any problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not accommodatingBeyonceDined on 12/22/2013Food good non special drinks good and priced fair Would not allow 2 of us to sit at larger table saying that all were reserved yet 3 tables were still empty when we left 1,5 hours laterSpecial Features:
- Interesting, excellent foodPigletVIPDined on 10/22/2013..in a lovely, quiet atmosphere in a vibrant Brooklyn neighborhood. Inventive but yummy takes on pasta, and other things looked good too. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly with good foodRobinNYCVIPDined on 10/12/2013We got there at 5:30 and left at 8. We hung out and had drinks and horsdoeurves and never felt rushed even though it got crowded. Our waitress was friendly, prompt and helpful. All the food was good. My friend lives around the corner and she said the only thing that she could not recommend was that the meatballs were a little dry. However, one of the others got them and they came with sauce and she enjoyed them. Note: if you go at 5:30 there were a lot of kids.Special Features:
- Great Experience!MikeTsVIPDined on 10/2/2013This is a fantastic little spot! The food is unique - little twists on traditional Italian dishes make each memorable. Bruschetta is particularly good - the meatballs have an added twist (dried cherries, if I recall) which make them outstanding, and chicken Milanese done to perfection. The place is spotless, and the service is fast and friendly. We had a party of ten, the the server was all over it the whole night. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service and locationHIN421VIPDined on 9/21/2013Lunetta is well located in walking distance to Barclay and BAM. was very good in small dining space just off Atlantic Avenue. Early dinner was quiet with few customers, but very nice service.Special Features:
- Will return for sure.JaneVIPDined on 9/15/2013Really delicious food. Grilled corn was incredible, pastas were great. Very nice servers. Would definitely return here.Special Features:
- I'll be backMortyDined on 9/10/2013First time at Lunetta - The food was delicious, the service was attentive but not intrusive, and my cocktail (The Ginger Ginny) was perfect!Special Features:
- our favorite placeKLeeDined on 9/7/2013we have been to lunetta many times, and this past experience was no different than the others, wonderful. the staff is extremely polite, helpful and attentive. the food is delicious and portioned well. we would recommend lunetta to anyone, either from NYC or visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meatballs, deliciousnylonkoVIPDined on 9/5/2013Wonderful meatballs, delicious bruschetta, even have a lambrusco on the wine list, which I don't find often enough at Italian places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Food ItalianJoyceDined on 8/31/2013Everything we ordered was delicious, especially the pastas--the pappardelle with slow-braised pork, heirloom tomatoes and fresh peaches was a revelation, as was the spaghetti with clams and escarole. Main courses were also excellent, from the sparkling version of chicken milanese with lemon, capers and arugula salad to the grilled steak with sauce verte and roasted potatoes. We were only sorry that we were too full for dessert. Maybe next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and DeliciiousbizantineDined on 8/3/2013Lunetta is one of my favorite local restaurants. It's a great place to dine out alone and an even better place to bring family and friends. The food is delicious - stand outs are the orecchiette, broccoli rabe & fennel sausage and the pappardelle, rosemary braised spring lamb. There are some delicious seasonal salads and side dishes too. The cocktails and wines are terrific. As for dessert, I recommend the homemade gelato served as a trio of 3 flavors. I've always had solid wait service so in combination with the tasty food and casual ambience, this makes this a place I often go bak to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighted first time!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2013This restaurant is welcoming and authentic! The food was delicious, creative and hand crafted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunetta never lets me down!BKFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2013I love this place, and their bruschettas, pastas, wines, and more are always made to perfection. I wasn't a fan of the meatballs, but everything else is just heavenly.Special Features:
- Always LunettaBookofMac338Dined on 7/20/2013We adore this place. We are regulars, it's true, so we are a bit biased about the consistent quality of the food and the professional but warm service. During the week it is a romantic get-away, on weekends a festive party. Their food is the star. Cozy, yet adventurous. Something daring, something comforting, something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentcarolDined on 7/17/2013I discovered Lunetta on Trip Advisor. They are always right on. Had a wonderful dinner and dessert. Try the bruschetta with honey lemon ricotta. I will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Our favorite neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/9/2013This has become our go-to neighborhood place for Italian. The menu is small, but focused and the food is stellar. I'd highly recommend Lunetta to anyone who loves Italian comfort food. A keeper beyond question.Special Features:
- Family get togethergoodeatsgoodtimesDined on 7/9/2013Returned to this neighborhood restaurant for the first time in almost a year. The waiter was very friendly and informative about the food. we had a panzanella salad (split between my wife and I) it was good but a bit small. The others split a few of the bruschetta, which they enjoyed very much. For the main courses with had; chicken Milanese,gnocchi special,linguini with clams and I had the orecchiette. All the entrees were excellent. The server was very good.a few items were ordered soon after the initial order was taken, but took too long to get out to the table especially since it wasn't very busy. I'd recommend this place to people.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!BKFoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2013You must check out Lunetta and try the food. It's a little bit on the more casual side if you go in the earlier dinner hours, but could definitely also be quiet and very romantic. A rainy summer Friday 7:30 reservation was apparently during a very hectic time or possibly understaffed time, where we waited a number of times before our waitress came back to us. Otherwise, the food makes up completely for the service, and I would go back to try their other pastas and bruschettas.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!CartoonGuyVIPDined on 5/31/2013I love Lunetta. I like to call it "modern" Italian. I've never had a bad meal. The portions are the perfect size and the food is always flavorful. They also make delicious cocktails and have a nice selection of wine. A great place to eat in you're visiting Cobble Hill or Boerum Hill!Special Features:
- I've eaten here twice andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013I've eaten here twice and have had great wines and superb pasta dishes and soup. My only complaint is that for this last dinner with my wife and adult daughter, there were no fish options on the menu, leaving very few choices for my dining companions. They enjoyed their food, but had to settle for less exciting spaghetti with oil and garlic and spaghetti with clams. The service was nothing short of perfect: warm; helpful; and making us feel very much at home.Special Features:
- Very good Italian food andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2013Very good Italian food and very reasonable prices. Loves the meatballs with pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2013Lunetta's menu is not extensive, but this is a good thing. Each dish is a perfect melding of appearance, smell, and taste. We have never had a disappointing meal here. The wait staff is very friendly and it is great to sit at the kitchen bar in the back and watch the chefs ply their craft. Pleasantly informal and laid back, it's a great place to relax and have a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A consistently great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2013I come to Lunetta, all the time. The staff are great. Every dish I've had is delicious and the restaurant has a nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food has slipped - some pastaslw1Dined on 5/3/2013food has slipped - some pasta dishes were spot on as usual, others were not even hot, seemed reheated. and portions are very small!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a terrific meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/27/2013We had a terrific meal at the kitchen bar with our 5 year old daughter. She was fascinated watching the chefs do their thing!Special Features:
- The food was really delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013The food was really delicious. My guest and I really loved it. We especially liked the lamb tomato sauce and pasta. The different types of bruschetta were wonderful, especially the mushroom. Also the spinach with cream sauce was fantastic. My friend lives in New York and she will go back again soon. That is a real compliment because my friend's husband is a chef!Special Features:
- Great restaurant. One of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Great restaurant. One of our faves in Cobble Hill.Special Features:
- A neighborhood gem indeed!RefinedVeganVIPDined on 3/12/2013We had an exquisite dinner with friends. Some dishes were pure poetry. Don't miss the pasta e faggioli!Special Features:
- What a great find! We triedPaqiDined on 3/9/2013What a great find! We tried various bruschettas and all were delicious - a great variety from sweet to savory to rich. the brussels sprouts were excellent, as was the orechhiette ragu. Bravo!Special Features:
- great food...specially theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/21/2013great food...specially the meatballs...nice cozy placeSpecial Features:
- Everything was great. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Everything was great. My only issue was that I made a reservation on Valentines day and got seated at the bar. Luckily, my wife was OK with it, but that was my only issue with an otherwise tasty and enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- We went for Valentine's DayNicoleVIPDined on 2/14/2013We went for Valentine's Day and had a great time. The food and wine are tasty and the service is great.Special Features:
- try the brussel sproutsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/12/2013Delicious food with a low key, charming, neighborhood atmosphere. I get the sense that it's real favorite with the locals. For me, the contorni were the highlight, especially the brussel sprouts. Kind of the perfect relaxed night out, really.Special Features: