The Montville Inn
167 Route 202
Montville, NJ 07045Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Montville Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themontvilleinnrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9735411234x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Medeiros
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have party trays and house-made desserts available for pick-up. Please visit lunellosmontvilleinn.com/events to view our catering menus.
- Private Party Facilities: The Montville Inn has a downstairs private Wine Cellar that holds up to 20 people. Our upstairs Tuscan Room seats up to 65 guests. On Saturday and Sunday afternoons our main dining level is available for private events for up to 90 people, with a brunch buffet on Sundays.
For more information, please email Jennifer@LuNellosInn.com.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Cecere 973-541-1234x
- Special Events: The Montville Inn hosts a Wine Tasting on the last Tuesday of every month. Those who are interested in attending or receiving more information on our Wine Tastings may sign up here: http://www.lunellosmontvilleinn.com/dining/wine-lovers-club.
A word from The Montville Inn
The Montville Inn takes great pride in serving the freshest fish, meats and local produce available. We also have an extensive wine, beer, and spirit list for everyone to enjoy. All of our food is made to order so please relax and let our professionally trained staff cater to each and every one of your needs. Our goal is to make each individual as satisfied as possible so please feel free to ask for any special requests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Montville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (21)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)special occasion (19)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (12)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great foodMDanteVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have been here 4 or 5 times now and I'm never disappointed. Fresh, quality food and their gnocchis are top notch. I almost always get 2 meals and one if the gnocchi so I can take it home. I have had veal (different ones) there often and it's very good. Attentive service and friendly as well. It's in a Victorian home so in good weather, you can eat on the porch, which I love.
- Very Enjoyable EveningNYCLionDined on 10/14/2014The service and setup were great. The menu was interesting and the food well prepared. The prices were moderate. I've been here three times and no disappointments.Special Features:
- A must for any foodie...TheDiningFanaticVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have always been A fan of the Montville Inn even before it changed ownership. We have to say our last meal there was totally amazing! We are always leery of ordering a chicken dish at any restaurant because they always seem to fall short in the flavor department but my husband was in the mood for chicken so he decided to give it a try. Well, The chicken dish my husband got was out of this world. The Rosemary flavor tasted as if the meat had been infused for days. The bread pudding dessert was an amazing end to out meal sooo yummy! We highly recommend dining here. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back againdiningdocVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had not been there for awhile and we were happy to see it was back to being more like The Montville Inn when it first opened. Happening bar scene - still the best place around for serious cocktails. Menu has retained some of the Italian favorites. A fun place and a great night out for young or old.Special Features:
- A Real Gem!Ladydi08Dined on 9/28/2014We're so fortunate to have this wonderful level of cuisine available in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDeb54Dined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful dinner, food was just outstanding. It is our new favorite Friday night for dinner restaurant. Can't wait to go back and try all the other dishes. We had the stuffed chicken and the portions were huge and the taste was something I can't describe other than mouth watering. The beet salad was lightly dressed, just the right amount so it didn't overpower the salad...one of my favorites! If you haven't been there hurry and make a reservation and simply ENJOY!!!!Special Features:
- Childhood friends dinnerjulietta6Dined on 9/25/2014Thursday night my husband and 2 of his childhood friends got together, along with all of us wives. They had never been there before. We had an wonderful waitress (Sharon, I think), awesome food, and a great time. We were there talking long after we had finished eating and ordered coffees and tea. The other two couples hadn't seen each other since my wedding 14 yrs. ago, so it was really special. The Montville Inn made a special night even more special and we can't thank them enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pretty innHappycamperDined on 9/21/2014But ..... It lacked the feeling of a warm inn dining. The room was very open and had little in the way of character per se. The lighting was very bright and cold. The food and service was good but all 4 of us kept saying the lighting was just not nice.
- Good food in a charming InnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014If you are looking to have appetizers at the bar, or a very good dinner in the restaurant, you will be pleased at the Montville Inn. The decor is very well done, every meal I have had there has been very good to excellent. Sunday brunch is also done very well at the Inn, and there is a private upstairs room if you are looking for a private party space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificExceptionalDined on 9/13/2014Superior food and service. A total dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Good Food - Friendly Servicepartyof6Dined on 9/12/2014We have dined here several times in the past two years. Never disappointing. The food is well prepared, timed perfectly and inventive. The management and employees make you feel very comfortable and never rushed. We come back here with friends often because it is a place where you can feel at home and enjoy a very good meal without pretense.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerPuttaDined on 9/9/2014Our friend chose the Montville Inn for her birthday celebration. The service and ambiance were great and the bathroom is worth checking out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gm14Dined on 9/5/2014Very nice decor with excellent service. Disappointed with Veal Parm as it was not good quality white veal. It was a dark grainy veal. My wife had veal melonaise which had a much whiter and tender taste which was very good. My wife called the restuarant the next day and spoke with the Manager who offered no satisfaction other than to tell them the next time to mention the incident and he would make sure we were given the good veal.
- Beware of the new ownershipDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014The Montville Inn used to be run by the Lunello's restaurant but no longer. The service and food quality have severely degraded since the ownership change. Beware of the new ownership. No longer the same atmosphere, either. The dining area was too bright.
- On the veranda..RickyDined on 8/30/2014When we arrived, we were asked about our preference for seating: indoors in a very noisy dining room or outside on the wrap around porch. We were even shown the table outside, albeit diners were just finiishing. We opted to wait for the outdoor spot and were happy we had the choice. Service was attentive and food was better than we expected. We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMDanteVIPDined on 8/30/2014I love to get away from NYC & Hoboken (where I live and work) now and again and this place is a favorite. It's in a big, beautiful Victorian style home with a porch you can eat on in good weather. The veal dishes are great and if you're a fan of gnocchi, it's some of the best I've had in my life and I'm Italian and eat it often.Special Features:
- great lunchshowerDined on 8/27/2014Had a great lunch and booked a private party in Tuscan room for December. General dining area looked great however I did notice that the Tuscan room needs a little facelift! Looking forward to my shower regardless!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...skylerDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten here several times and always have enjoyed our meals. The last 2 trips have been very disappointing. We ordered the papardelle with crab meat and it was just awful. Sun tea cocktail was way too sweet. We should have sent the meal and drink back but it wasn't worth the hassle as the waiter never returned to ask about our meal. In the past, we could count on a great meal here but the food has gone way downhill. We will never return.
- Great Brunch!NJDerekDined on 8/24/2014Took my mom here for Sunday brunch last week and it was excellent. Great variety of fresh foods along with omlettes and waffles made to order. Be sure and try their home made strawberry jam on the ham, cheese and scallion scones.Special Features:
- NeilVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was a perfectly average restaurant. We expected more.
- OutstandingKbs40Dined on 8/2/2014Food was unbelievably good! Drinks were excellent. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual guests...high end foodphibblesDined on 8/2/2014The food at Montville Inn is just wonderful. A rare meal without anything to complain about. The food, decor, and valet parking make the place feel fancier than it really is. Heck, the guests at the table next to us looked like they had just come from the gym. So don't worry about what your wearing and go and enjoy a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- MontvileMikeGDined on 7/30/2014Good food, nice wine list and service was friendly and pleasant. Dining outside was a bit noisy due to the street traffic,Special Features:
- Enjoyable & deliciousCandCDined on 7/20/2014We are relocationg to NJ from MD and thought we would try the Montville Inn. It offers beautiful ambience. The service was excellent. While it was a bruch the staff was attentive. The omlet chef was pleasant. The brunch selections were abundant and would suit various palets. There were various salads with unique tastes. The desserts were delicious. If you want a cocktail just make sure you visit closer to noon. We would recommend and will definately re-visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choicesAshsantanDined on 7/18/2014At first nothing popped out as I've had menu items elsewhere, we ordered the sausage and long hot appetizer. Wow! It was delicious - highly reccomend. I decided to have the roasted chicken and my boyfriend ordered the skirt steak. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!TheSeidelsDined on 7/11/2014My fiance and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary with a nice dinner out to the Montville Inn. We've always wanted to go since we pass it frequently on our way home. The food was fantastic and they had a great drink menu to accompany our dishes. We enjoyed sitting outside and sipping on our Strawberry Sangrias. Definitely recommend the Montville Inn to someone who is looking for a nice ambiance and great food!Special Features:
- Simply great foodhappyeaterVIPDined on 7/6/2014If you are in the area and like good food and drinks, this is the place. Calamari 2 ways is unreal and the entrees are great. I had the balsamic chicken and was unable to finish because it was so big. Great wine list, a little over priced but a great selection. brunch on sundays is fabulous. Get over here if your in the area.Special Features:
- DeliciousLernerwnDined on 7/3/2014Service started slow and waitress seemed curt. Once we ordered, food was delivered quickly and was very good. Great place with variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th anniversary dinner w/familyMoBillandallDined on 6/29/2014Good seating for 6 adults indoors at a round table. Grouper was over cooked and tough. All other entrees were great. Service was excellent by wait staff and busboys. Could have a larger wine list - variety. Sunday evening parking was easy. Easy to reach off I-287 and Rte 202.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Great restaurant, can't wait to return. Loved the outside diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 248 reviews are from the The Montville Inn reviews archive.
- Enjoyable Upscale TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Beautiful place, inside and outdoor seating. Always enjoy coming here.Special Features:
- This could be an incredible place50niftyDined on 6/21/2014The food was good but not great, the restaurant was very noisy which made it tough to have a conversation without shouting left us with a negative feeling about the place. Instead of 'energetic' we'd describe it as hectic and at times a bit chaotic. The Caesar salad was excellent, the beet salad had three thin slices of beets and far too much greens, couldn't find the other ingredients as stated in the menu; veal parm was good, short ribs a bit dry and the connoli filling had little flavor.Special Features:
- wrong entreePjmooreVIPDined on 6/19/2014WE HAD A DRINK AT THE BAR AND THEY HAD NICE LITTLE PICKINGS- OLIVES, CHEESE,ETC. AFTER BEING SEATED OUTSIDE ON THE PORCH OUR WAITER CAME TO TELL US OF THE NITES SPECIALS. WE ORDERED APPS - CALAMARI AND SAUSAGE WITH HOT PEPPERS - WHICH VERY LARGE AND YUMMY ! NEXT WE SPLIT A SALAD - VERY GOOD TOO. IT WAS EARLY SO THE NOISE LEVEL ON THE PORCH WAS QUITE LOUD WITH THE PASSING TRAFFIC. IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL NITE. WHEN OUR ENTREES CAME - I GOT THE WRONG DISH ! WE WERE ALREADY FULL AND THE WAITER WAS SO NICE THAT I PUSHED IT AROUND ALITLLE AND ASKED TO TAKE IT HOME. USUALLY I WOULD HAVE COMPLAINED BUT EVERYTHING ELSE WAS JUST PERFECT. WE WILL BE BACK AGAIN !Special Features:
- Good for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We went to the Montville Inn for an 84th birthday celebration. There were 14 of us. Service was great and the food was delicious. I'd recommend this restaurant for any special occasion. I definitely want to try it for Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!benton1220VIPDined on 6/15/2014Had dinner here on Father's Day. Very good service, good menu options. I am a vegetarian, I had the gnocchi which was excellent. My DH and son enjoyed their protein mains. We all had salads and desserts which were excellent. Very pleasant meal in a nice setting.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemNapa1Dined on 6/13/2014What a great discription. It's a great go to restarant Have been going since first opened. Glad it's not lunellos anymore. Great staff ,food ,manager junior and Jen. Always friendly and accommodating. They will always make it right don't be afraid to ask. Glad to have you in town.Special Features:
- Some good some not so good!MarciaDined on 6/7/2014Sat on patio which was a pleasant surprise to be available though not crowded at all (attribute that to a summer evening). It turned out to be rather noisy as cars came up the hill on 202. The service from a waiter/busboy standpoint was excellent but they must have been sleeping in the kitchen considering it was not busy. No bread, etc. was brought to the table and it took forever for our appetizers to come out and then dinner too. Calamari Saltiti big disappointment (sauce delicious but calamari not cooked enough; they did take it off the bill). I had Sea Bass-generous portion but not that flavorful. Short Ribs and 2 other chicken dishes very good. All in all, it was a good meal but not sure I would rush back immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for lunchScottyKamVIPDined on 6/5/2014It's right off the highway and the food is always good. The brioche buns they use for the sandwiches and burgers are not good...too dense...they need to change it. I've been there a few times...chicken is great, fish is great, pasta is great. Definitely worth checking out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014We went to the Montville Inn to celebrate my sons birthday. We ate a wonderful dinner outside on the Porch. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disastrous ServiceRayboDined on 6/1/2014Went there for our anniversary dinner. Waiter leaves drink menu, takes drink order 10 mins later - disappears. Drinks are on the bar and it took another 7 minutes to get them. So we're seated 20 minutes before we get a drink. This is how the whole evening went. Waiter disappeared all night. We were never offered fresh pepper or grated cheese for a pasta dish. This from a restaurant that refers to green beans as "haricot verts". Had to go up to bar to get wines for our dinner (bartender comps them). Manager comes, comps us a dessert and 2 glasses of champagne. Can't find waiter to get check. Check comes, I'm charged for champagne we did not order. Can't find waiter, manager, bartender. Tired of complaining. Pay check and leave.