182 Stevens Ave
Cedar Grove, NJ 07009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lunello.com/
- Phone: (973) 837-1660
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Louis Seger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from LuNello Restaurant
LuNello Restaurant believes the enjoyment of fine food is among the finer things in life. Since 1990, Chef Seger's use of out-of-the ordinary ingredients, homemade pastas, and innovative specials has created a loyal following. His modern flair mixed with traditional culinary skills has created a whirlwind of praise. The menu has Italian classics as well as contemporary specials featuring the finest ingredients. LuNello has gone right to the source when purchasing ingredients. Each dish reflects the attention placed into its preparation. Chef Seger believes buying local ingredients ensures the ultimate freshness of a dish. Enticing presentation and courteous and professional staff are integral to LuNello's success. The elegant setting is the perfect complement to the menu. Whether dining in the Dining Room or enjoying wine and cocktails in the handsome bar, we work to create the ultimate experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
LuNello Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cedar Grove ›
LuNello Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)special occasion (36)romantic (24)good for groups (21)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- UncomfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014When we were shown to our table the captain asked us if you booked online with Open Table, when we answered yes, he said that he though so because LuNello's does not make reservations before 5:00 PM.and that if we called there we would not have been able to get a reservation because they we booked for the night, but " it is no problem, we are ready" We asked why are you on Open Table and he said that they have been trying to get off but cannot. Made for a very uncomfortable evening. PS We were celebrating our 45th Wedding anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnermorrislazVIPDined on 11/14/2014Went with 8 people to celebrate a Birthday. We were seated right away at a round table which I asked for. We were asked quickly for our drinks and given the specials and then for some reason it stopped!! There was plenty of help in the restaurant but for some reason we waited every time we needed water, we asked for a cup of ice never appeared. We ordered an expensive bottle of wine...of course they did not have that exact year and finally came to pour when we were almost done with our dinner! We each had 1 or 2 drinks and only 2 desserts for the table and I think it was a little overpriced at $160 per couple!! (This does not include the expensive bottle of wine!) The food was good but I don't think worth the amount of money we spent and there are a lot of other great restaurants in the area to try next time! Morrislaz
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Food is truly amazing every time and service is great. Definitely anot amazing place just make sure you have reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieVIPDined on 11/6/2014This is the finest dining experience in North Jersey. It rivals anyplace in New York with food quality, service, attentiveness and atmosphere. I am a huge fan of the wonderful restaurant and Louie the owner. Consistently very good food. If it is not on the vast menu, then they will make it for you....no questions asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014A good place for family groups or two or more couplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LEDLED1Dined on 10/24/2014Menu was great and the list of special's and quality of the food for all 4 of us was particularly impressive. The waiter was knowledgable and provided excellent service! This was our first time here and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly EnjoyableMichelleDined on 10/22/2014First time dining at LuNell-we enjoyed it very much-Seasonal Specials excellent-Studded Pumpkin appetizer & Squash ravioli especially noteworthy!Special Features:
- Food excellentCarmenltaDined on 10/17/2014Great service and great food! The specials is longer than the menu items. Definitely order from the specials menu. The waiter sings it to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!RobGNJDined on 10/17/2014We all had a good time, there was 6 of us. The table was large, service was great. Very Good overall!!!Special Features:
- Main courses very goodMDanteVIPDined on 10/10/2014This is my second time at this restaurant and I remember it being very good, but it was 3 years ago. The beet salad was not good, but my date had calamari, which she said was very good. I had the Chicken Angelo, which I loved. She had Veal Mangione and loved it. I also had a full serving (to take home, but I picked at it) pumpkin gnocchi, which were awesome. The tiramisu was eh, but the main courses were very good. I'm a fan. Lastly, they won't let you park your own car and I don't let anyone drive my car. The valet guy was rude, but the manager fixed it and at least got me my key. When I asked the valet for my key after he parked my car he said "NO!". Believe that?
- Great dinnerDenaCVIPDined on 10/4/2014We recently went to Lunellos for a family get together. I have always heard great things and decided to check it out for myself. We were not disappointed. Everything was delicious! Great service and great specials. The beet salad was very tasty and the salmon special encrusted with pistachios was also equally good. For dessert we had the magic bar and white chocolate bread pudding. It was out of this world good. Will definitely be back. Our waiter has also been with the company for 20+ years. He was equally awesome and attentive!Special Features:
- gerri2222Dined on 9/26/2014Every town should have a LuNello's; lucky Cedar Grove. Ambiance, GREAT food always, Wuld love to go here nore often than we do buyt costs (deservedly so) a bit out of our reach on retirement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014Great pasta, good service. Just as good as the former location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dining experience!MoniDined on 9/9/2014Service, atmosphere and food were terrific! Wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Food and service outstanding!TheresabDined on 8/25/2014The fig appetizer was amazing and so was the fennel salad with grilled chicken.Special Features:
- ALWAYS a GREAT meal!!!restaurantexplorerVIPDined on 8/23/2014We go here often and it never disappoints from the food to the service. The specials are always seasonal and so well prepared. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Dinner for TwoLennyDined on 8/22/2014Dined on our anniversary. Wait staff fabulous. Attentive, knowledgeable. Food was delicious. A delightful evening.Special Features:
- Consistently goodRSVPDined on 8/20/2014I visit this restaurant often - especially to entertain clients over lunch. It is very consistent in both food quality and service. There are a few little touches that make it a special place. It is old style - old world dining at it's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Have never been disappointed. The daily specials will blow your mind - almost too many. Beet salad was excellent. Grilled veal chop was awesome. We split a cannolli and they served us two small ones - delicious - super fresh. After that, they came by with a complimentary tiny gelato ice cream cone - - nice touchSpecial Features:
- summertime14Dined on 8/16/2014There were 6 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was exceptional too. Our waiter sang the specials to us and we were all amazed that he could remember in detail the long list of specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as alwaysrestaurantexplorerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Lunello's is always a great dining experience. The food is consistent and always delicious. It is one of our favorite dining spots. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/9/2014To be honest, I hesitated to go back to LuNello due to it's "Jersey Housewives" reputation, but our evening at LuNello was very nice. The food was terrific & the service outstanding. Great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!KevinVIPDined on 8/8/2014A true gem that continues to provide exceptional food coupled with impeccable service!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbsushiVIPDined on 8/8/2014What a wonderful dinner. We had branzino and sea bass, both were fantastic, fresh and tasty. The lobster salad special appetizer was wonderful. The servers all of them, were very attentive. The restaurant is expensive, but they give very nice sized portions and to us it was very well worth it. This will be one of our go too restaurants.Special Features:
- the bestMeatdog624Dined on 8/4/2014this is my favorite restaurant on the planet...if sentenced to die...would be my request for a last meal. Food is gourmet without being pretentious; service is attentive without being interruptive.....also fun...great scenery & the best server in the world..Oscar...Special Features:
- A Dining Experience to Remember92greatastebudsDined on 7/30/2014We celebrated a special ocassion and the dining experience exceeded all expectations. A class act. It was our first time there but WON'T be the last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 223 reviews are from the LuNello Restaurant reviews archive.
- As always....ScanafranaDined on 7/28/2014Lu Nello's has never disappointed. Overall, I would put them in the top 3 of any Italian restaurant at which I've EVER eaten (and there have been hundreds). While not a big seafood fan, I always seem to order one of the specials. This time it was the encrusted Halibut served over spinach, which was fabulous. My wife had the red snapper special, and loved it. Always order the pasta, even if just an appetizer, which we did, cavatelli with meatballs and sausage...perfect! Overall, just excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDeewb1Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent service- green bean fries at the bar- soup and chunks of parm on the table before apps. Free mini icecream comes for dessert. Great specials. Authentic itialian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great fresh food in a beautiful environment. Desserts were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, top to bottomOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014I can not thank the staff at Lunello enough for making a special occasion an absolute beautiful and memorable one. A last minute change to our plans required Lunello to accommodate my wife and my family in a private dining area, and the staff here called in extra help to take care of us. Karen went out of her way to reach out to find the extra staffing for our party and my wife and I are forever grateful. Their staff was courteous and, as always, the food was spectacular, as everything was cooked to absolute perfection.Special Features:
- SuperbDisappointedDined on 7/19/2014No disappointment here! Delicious, elegant restaurant with great food and service. Diverse interesting menu. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST ITALIAN FOOD AROUNDOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/8/2014You won't find better Italian food in the immediate area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuNello is a dining gemSharonKDined on 7/1/2014LuNello Restaurant is a dining gem. The restaurant is beautifully appointed. The service is outstanding and the food is just outstanding. We dined on the beet salad, duck, clams, and a pasta dish. Each dish was delicious. For dessert we shared the bread pudding, it was heavenly. We cannot wait to return to this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinner at LuNellosrb1070Dined on 6/20/2014We ordered crabmeat pasta and fish special. Both entrees were so salty that they were inedible.
- Lunello great food butavman10Dined on 6/13/2014Our Anniversary dinner. Special event. Food was terrific but the place was so noisey and the staff, while very professional really rushed our meal. I would not recommend this place for a romantic evening but great to celebrate a birthday or business dinner. They always have terrific specials, especially really fresh fish. If you like fish, this is a great restaraunt. Expect to pay a hefty price. Without drinks, dinner is about $60.00 plus per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentLoveitDined on 6/12/2014This is my favorite restaurant! The specials are always abundant and excellent! I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply TerrificRJSRJSDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant really does have it all: Knowledgeable and very attentive staff and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2014Our longtime favorite! Amazing food and ambience... impeccable service... consistently impressive!Special Features:
- Great foodgoldie1209Dined on 5/8/2014Wonderful sea bass and crispy fresh calamari. Top of the line dinner. I want to eat here every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5-stars across the boardOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/7/20145-star apps, 5-star meal, 5-star dessert, 5-star wine, 5-star service. Definitely a "special occassion" place, i.e., not cheap, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.