182 Stevens Ave
Cedar Grove, NJ 07009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lunello.com/
- Phone: 9738371660
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Louis Seger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from LuNello Restaurant
LuNello Restaurant believes the enjoyment of fine food is among the finer things in life. Since 1990, Chef Seger's use of out-of-the ordinary ingredients, homemade pastas, and innovative specials has created a loyal following. His modern flair mixed with traditional culinary skills has created a whirlwind of praise. The menu has Italian classics as well as contemporary specials featuring the finest ingredients. LuNello has gone right to the source when purchasing ingredients. Each dish reflects the attention placed into its preparation. Chef Seger believes buying local ingredients ensures the ultimate freshness of a dish. Enticing presentation and courteous and professional staff are integral to LuNello's success. The elegant setting is the perfect complement to the menu. Whether dining in the Dining Room or enjoying wine and cocktails in the handsome bar, we work to create the ultimate experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
LuNello Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cedar Grove ›
LuNello Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (35)romantic (30)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Terrific dining experience!MoniDined on 9/9/2014Service, atmosphere and food were terrific! Wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Food and service outstanding!TheresabDined on 8/25/2014The fig appetizer was amazing and so was the fennel salad with grilled chicken.Special Features:
- ALWAYS a GREAT meal!!!restaurantexplorerVIPDined on 8/23/2014We go here often and it never disappoints from the food to the service. The specials are always seasonal and so well prepared. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Dinner for TwoLennyDined on 8/22/2014Dined on our anniversary. Wait staff fabulous. Attentive, knowledgeable. Food was delicious. A delightful evening.Special Features:
- Consistently goodRSVPDined on 8/20/2014I visit this restaurant often - especially to entertain clients over lunch. It is very consistent in both food quality and service. There are a few little touches that make it a special place. It is old style - old world dining at it's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Have never been disappointed. The daily specials will blow your mind - almost too many. Beet salad was excellent. Grilled veal chop was awesome. We split a cannolli and they served us two small ones - delicious - super fresh. After that, they came by with a complimentary tiny gelato ice cream cone - - nice touchSpecial Features:
- summertime14Dined on 8/16/2014There were 6 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was exceptional too. Our waiter sang the specials to us and we were all amazed that he could remember in detail the long list of specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as alwaysrestaurantexplorerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Lunello's is always a great dining experience. The food is consistent and always delicious. It is one of our favorite dining spots. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/9/2014To be honest, I hesitated to go back to LuNello due to it's "Jersey Housewives" reputation, but our evening at LuNello was very nice. The food was terrific & the service outstanding. Great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!KevinDined on 8/8/2014A true gem that continues to provide exceptional food coupled with impeccable service!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbsushiVIPDined on 8/8/2014What a wonderful dinner. We had branzino and sea bass, both were fantastic, fresh and tasty. The lobster salad special appetizer was wonderful. The servers all of them, were very attentive. The restaurant is expensive, but they give very nice sized portions and to us it was very well worth it. This will be one of our go too restaurants.Special Features:
- the bestMeatdog624Dined on 8/4/2014this is my favorite restaurant on the planet...if sentenced to die...would be my request for a last meal. Food is gourmet without being pretentious; service is attentive without being interruptive.....also fun...great scenery & the best server in the world..Oscar...Special Features:
- A Dining Experience to Remember92greatastebudsDined on 7/30/2014We celebrated a special ocassion and the dining experience exceeded all expectations. A class act. It was our first time there but WON'T be the last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always....ScanafranaDined on 7/28/2014Lu Nello's has never disappointed. Overall, I would put them in the top 3 of any Italian restaurant at which I've EVER eaten (and there have been hundreds). While not a big seafood fan, I always seem to order one of the specials. This time it was the encrusted Halibut served over spinach, which was fabulous. My wife had the red snapper special, and loved it. Always order the pasta, even if just an appetizer, which we did, cavatelli with meatballs and sausage...perfect! Overall, just excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDeewb1Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent service- green bean fries at the bar- soup and chunks of parm on the table before apps. Free mini icecream comes for dessert. Great specials. Authentic itialian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great fresh food in a beautiful environment. Desserts were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, top to bottomOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014I can not thank the staff at Lunello enough for making a special occasion an absolute beautiful and memorable one. A last minute change to our plans required Lunello to accommodate my wife and my family in a private dining area, and the staff here called in extra help to take care of us. Karen went out of her way to reach out to find the extra staffing for our party and my wife and I are forever grateful. Their staff was courteous and, as always, the food was spectacular, as everything was cooked to absolute perfection.Special Features:
- SuperbDisappointedDined on 7/19/2014No disappointment here! Delicious, elegant restaurant with great food and service. Diverse interesting menu. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST ITALIAN FOOD AROUNDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014You won't find better Italian food in the immediate area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuNello is a dining gemSharonKDined on 7/1/2014LuNello Restaurant is a dining gem. The restaurant is beautifully appointed. The service is outstanding and the food is just outstanding. We dined on the beet salad, duck, clams, and a pasta dish. Each dish was delicious. For dessert we shared the bread pudding, it was heavenly. We cannot wait to return to this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinner at LuNellosrb1070Dined on 6/20/2014We ordered crabmeat pasta and fish special. Both entrees were so salty that they were inedible.
- Lunello great food butavman10Dined on 6/13/2014Our Anniversary dinner. Special event. Food was terrific but the place was so noisey and the staff, while very professional really rushed our meal. I would not recommend this place for a romantic evening but great to celebrate a birthday or business dinner. They always have terrific specials, especially really fresh fish. If you like fish, this is a great restaraunt. Expect to pay a hefty price. Without drinks, dinner is about $60.00 plus per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentLoveitDined on 6/12/2014This is my favorite restaurant! The specials are always abundant and excellent! I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply TerrificRJSRJSDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant really does have it all: Knowledgeable and very attentive staff and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 212 reviews are from the LuNello Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2014Our longtime favorite! Amazing food and ambience... impeccable service... consistently impressive!Special Features:
- Great foodgoldie1209Dined on 5/8/2014Wonderful sea bass and crispy fresh calamari. Top of the line dinner. I want to eat here every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5-stars across the boardOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/7/20145-star apps, 5-star meal, 5-star dessert, 5-star wine, 5-star service. Definitely a "special occassion" place, i.e., not cheap, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll come back againDavidVIPDined on 5/6/2014I can't say enough about this fantastic restaurant. The food is outstanding. The service is excellent. Wonderful ambiance. Interesting and varied menu. Worth visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly authenticSherigDined on 4/23/2014Wonderful as always! Service a little slow but food so worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hypeBobADined on 4/9/2014We had heard many good things about this restaurant but had never been there. Our first experience (to celebrate my retirement) confirmed that the recommendations we were given were truly warranted. This is a great place!! The food was excellent and the service was very good. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Many thanks to the staff at LuNello who provided excellent service for a Friday night dinner with my sister and mt niece. I had informed the restaurant in advance that the evening was special ine, and that the bill be given to me. The wait staff treated my sister and her daughter like movie stars. Really. Food was excellent. Thank you. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $$$Foodie84VIPDined on 3/29/2014Very expensive for what it was. We went here once a couple of years ago and remember it being better than it was Saturday night. :( The service was fair, which was shocking for a restaurant of this caliber. Our apps and entrees came out very warm at best. For a $85 bottle of wine, they did not decant it and after the first glass, we poured it ourselves. The bread was a very cheap French bread, considering so many good Italian bakeries are nearby, it was disappointing. My Cosmo was 2/3 full and my husband's martini overflowed onto the tablecloth and his lap when the waiter put it down. For a $452.00 bill pre-gratuity for 5 adults and a child ( 3 drinks, one bottle of wine and 3 sodas), it just wasn't worth returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great dishes with NJ LOUD MOUTHSJohnVIPDined on 3/28/2014Very good with attention to detail. I had a pecan crusted snapper that was prepared with perfection on a bed of spinach. My wife had a porcini mushroom pasta that was flavorful. Our other friends (4) enjoyed their dishes as well. Very good wine selection from various regions of the world. Unfortunately there were several very large tables of stereotypical laud mouth NJ Italians that felt like they had to shout over each other. I sensed the maître d was getting uncomfortable with their behavior but said nothing. I suspect they may have been regular clients and there was apprehension about taking corrective action. My recommendation is to stay away from any large group when visiting and should you be seated by one, ask for reseating quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014This restaurant is one of my favorite places to take my Mother when I come to visit here in New Jersey. The restaurant is elegant and serves wonderful food. The staff is just so attentive and welcoming. Lots of wonderful specials every time we dine there. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting an elegant special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fabulous dining experience!SlinkyPinkDined on 3/1/2014We thoroughly enjoyed all our entrees (salmon special, steak and risotto, veal chop). The specials were as extensive as the menu, and our waiter (Mario) recited them all without hesitation. Service was top notch!! I can't wait to return to celebrate a special occasion. There aren't enough adjectives to express how wonderful LuNello is!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014I travel to the area on business a couple times a year and discovered this restaurant on my last trip. We had a fabulous experience last time and took a new team to introduce them to Lu Nello last night. The food was cooked to perfection! The specials ate truly special. One watchout: leave room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantejbockDined on 2/20/2014I have been to Lunello's over 10 times in recent years and it is one of the few restaurants that I have had a great experience each and every visit. There is something on the menu for everyone as the entree selections are too numerous to mention and no matter what I have ordered, the food is always great and the servers are attentive.Special Features:
- LuNello is outstanding!GMartiniVIPDined on 2/17/2014We save LuNello for very special occasions as a treat for ourselves. It never disappoints. Friendly, attentive staff, outstanding food - it's become our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful place. High classNancyDined on 2/14/2014wonderful place. High class service, beautiful decor, the tables are not on top of each other like some places so you have some personal space and privacy. The menu is very extensive and creative and the food is delicious. Mostly valet parking since it is in a busy area with limited parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food spoiled by ok serviceGlobetrottingfoodieDined on 2/12/2014Food choices and execution was superb. Maitre d was awful . We reserved our table for two by the window to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When we arrived, the maitre d did not even look at our reservation and gave us a table in the rear dining room. His attitude was very disappointing. We told him we had a reservation and he just ignored our comment. Upsetting experience - we could have gone some where else who would have treated us with a little more respect. We spent $400 - no chump change. We'll be taking our business elsewhere if the attitude does not improve. Service was subpar for the prices chargedSpecial Features: