Luna Park - San Francisco
694 Valencia St.
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Luna Park - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lunaparksf.com/
- Phone: 4155538584
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: NICK COBARRUVIAS
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Saturday and Sunday Brunch - bottomless Mimosas and two for one Bloody Mary's. Luna Park is offering some fun deals to guests who follow us on Facebook and Twitter. For twitter go to www.twitter.com/lunaparksf for Facebook search "Luna Park San Francisco
A word from Luna Park - San Francisco
Luna Park with its casually hip decor, lively bar scene, and delicious moderately-priced cuisine is a Valencia Street sensation, loved by San Franciscans and visitors alike. The menu, mostly French and Italian with a few American and Asian accents, is simple without sacrificing excitement, highlighting flavorful ingredients and presenting food in a way that is comforting and nourishing to the soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Luna Park - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Luna Park - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (26)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (12)romantic (11)special occasion (11)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- MontyDined on 9/13/2014It has noticeable fallen off in quality. No wonder they were mostly empty at peak hours on a Saturday, despite the prime location.
- Pleasant all aroundEyeBVIPDined on 9/12/2014While not great the food is enjoyable, spicy noodles with pork quite good-but definitely spicy! The house-made bread is fancy white bread, not worth getting except to soak up sauce. Wait-staff attentive and good selection of beers. Can get way too loud!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday perfectionwickedfoodieDined on 9/8/2014We were celebrating a friends bday and had a table of 8. They did a great job with service and despite no notice on a special dessert they wowed us with a birthday cake with sparklers and all. Great time!Special Features:
- Luna Park always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014An exceptional restaurant even by San Francisco standards.Special Features:
- always a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014I often bring friends who are new to the city to Luna Park. That was the case this time and once again LP did not disappoint. Consistently good food and friendly, it's a fun experience without being too chi-chi.Special Features:
- Overall satisfiedsflizDined on 8/28/2014The chicken was great. We were seated right away and the service was great. Loud and energetic placeSpecial Features:
- Delicious Food and Amazing Drinks123456abcdefDined on 8/23/2014From Brunch to Date Night to a large group dinner to delivery, Luna Park is by far one of our favorite spots in SF. They have a bottomless brunch (SCORE!) and their dinner is amazing. Do yourself a favor and order the goat cheese fondue.Special Features:
- Great food, wanted more selection.acidn0tbombsDined on 8/21/2014Three of us ordered three appetizers and one entreé, and everything was very good, but I wished that the menu had a wider selection. My girlfriend is a vegetarian, and it seemed that few options appealed to both of us.Special Features:
- great wafflesgineveraDined on 8/10/2014It's a nice brunch place with consistently hot and delicious food and nice brunch cocktails. The waffles are a stand-out not only because they're deep and fluffy but because other brunch places don't put them on the menu, so it's a rare find for a waffle-lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VegasroxdDined on 8/7/2014Mac and cheese delicious. Green beans with sausage delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehfoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014It's open and there are tables but nothing special.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014This restaurant has a policy that if you have a reservation for a large party they will not seat you until everyone is there. I think this is poor customer service considering the fact that my party was there except for 3 people and we would have ordered drinks and appetizers prior to had we been seated. But instead we just ordered 1 round of drinks as opposed to the probably 2 or 3 rounds and appetizers plus food. The host was clueless and socially inept. The server and the food was GREAT!!!Special Features:
- Food/Drinks Are Great - Bad Service2bad4thefoodDined on 7/19/2014Absolutely love the food and drinks & in order to pay $16 for bottomless mimosas I would expect they would be a little stronger, which they were. Although, when we got there on Saturday morning, it was a ghost house. Mind you it was only 11 am so understandable. When we walked up to the host for our reservation, she told me that everyone in my party needed to be there before she would sit me. They had one other table that was sat and we were starving. She then "compromised" with us by saying we had to order right away and our time on mimosas started right when we sat down. Rude. The server himself was OK but not much better either. If the service was better, it would be the ideal place to come every Saturday or Sunday for weekend brunch!Special Features:
- Lunch at LunaSoulFoodVIPDined on 7/15/2014My wife and I stooped in for lunch ordering their famous chicken as well as a couple of empanadas--chicken and cheese. Fortunately, we spotted mushrooms as a vegetable and that made the meal. The savory sauce was a perfect complement to both the chicken and the empanadas. Their roasted veggies were also excellent. Now if the noise level were a bit lower, it would be a perfect place for an interesting lunch when visiting the Mission district with its interesting shops.Special Features:
- They over extended themselves.RollingThunderDined on 6/28/20142 weeks in advance, I requested a table for 2 wheelchair users & one companion. Got there at 1PM, our reservation time. It was very crowded & loud! In the 5 years I've reserved there, it was the most crowded I'd ever seen it. They attempted to seat us at a small round table where only 1 wheelchair fit but the other one would have blocked the aisle and prevent anyone already seated to move their chair. I saw a table that would have worked fine & pointed it out but it was the last table they thought of to seat us. After 10 minutes, we were crammed at a small square table but at least it sat both wheelchair users and their companion. Staff should take sensitivity training & learn spacial ability. Otherwise, it was fine. Thanks.Special Features:
- very energetic, high noiseTigerVIPDined on 6/27/2014good appetizers and goat cheese fondue was good very loud tho and nice bar sceneSpecial Features:
- Great brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014I love that they server both "breakfasty" and "lunch" items. My friend claimed to be a connoisseur of hash, and she said LP's was the best she's every had. Plus "bottomless mimosas" put us in a good mood for the rest of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always incredibleBCM1983Dined on 6/13/2014My best friend and I love this place; the food, the staff, all of it always guarantees we'll have a great time! We use Luna Park as our girls night spot and have never been disappointed. The food has something added to it that makes it delicious and incredible--the goat cheese fondue always hit the spot and the chocolate chip bread pudding with vanilla gelato is delish. Kudos!Special Features:
- Great dine-about-towndaveDined on 6/13/2014Innovative menu, well-prepared, and charming service. We tried this restaurant, new to us, for dine-about-town, and we're glad we did. Service can be spotty, but overall, very nice indeed.Special Features:
- Lovely Luna ParkTheBigHausDined on 6/9/2014It was my birthday so we set out to do the Dine About Town menu that was advertised online. When our party of 4 arrived I looked at the menu and got disappointed. It wasn't the same. I mentioned it to our lovely server who ask the manager and they accommodated my request. :) I order the pork cutlet which was tender and juicy. My husband had the BBQ chicken which was flavorful, but a little dry. My eldest son order the calamari and kale which was way too salty. As for my youngest, he order the mac and cheese with bacon and broccoli which was out of this world! They brought my make your own smores in a makeshift cake with a huge sparkler. Lovely Luna made my birthday very accommodating and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastebudDined on 6/7/2014Good food and service--too noisy for comfortable conversation.
- Squid dishscubagirlVIPDined on 6/5/2014The Monterey squid dish is superb. The happy hour specials are excellent - great drinks and the noodles are quite good.
- Mixed.YellaVIPDined on 6/4/2014Some things very good. Others not so. S'mores excellent. Could be cleaner.
- brunch mainly for drinksberkeleySFfoodieDined on 6/1/2014the hostess Hilary here was the best part, kind, accommodating, we got a great booth for a large group. Sadly the food was really mediocre and very overpriced, 15$ for a veggie benedict, with a unfresh english muffin and small eggs, same story for chilaquiles, which appeared all chips, minimal eggs, very limited menu in terms of healthy veggie friendly options, I know it's a comfort food place but I would hope they increase choices. Also 10$ for one drink is ludicrous. Again, if the quality were up to speed it would be slightly understandableSpecial Features:
- My go-to place!AndreaDined on 5/23/2014I've spent so many birthdays, anniversaries, and celebrations here! Its a wonderful place that can please any local and out of town guest. HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Goat Cheese Fondue, Poke, and Smores, yummmmm!!Special Features:
- The following 1527 reviews are from the Luna Park - San Francisco reviews archive.
- Great Brunch!casualdinersf89Dined on 5/17/2014So i booked an online reservation the morning-of, and they had to call and let me know that they don't take day-of online reservations so I actually DIDN'T have a reservation, but despite all that they were able to seat my group of 5 almost instantly and we had delicious bottomless mimosas, bloody marys, and amazing breakfast sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal as alwaysjeffrDined on 5/11/2014I'm almost a regular here, and always enjoy the food. I felt the choice of entrees on my last visit was a bit limited. They dropped some of my favorites from the menu. Choices seemed a little less interesting. Good meal nonethelessSpecial Features:
- Great brunch spotMorefoodpleaseVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great Mother's Day spot with bottomless mimosas, waffles and more mimosas:) We've been going here for years at least once a month and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchLuvbrunchDined on 5/11/2014Excellent. Was able to squeeze in a reservation for 6 on Monther's Day (!!) and were the first ones in. Bloody Mary's were spicy and filled with vegetables, and we ordered the Trois Popovers to share as an appetizer. Fantastic! The Niçoise salad presentation was gorgeous AND a decent portion, my Tuna Poke was good but too many tomatoes for my taste. Everyone was really happy with their food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatEddieDined on 5/10/2014I have been to Luna park at least 6 times and Ian never disappointed . They give you time to enjoy without rushingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bloody Mary's and Mimosas!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Food was decent but the drinks were fantastic! Great place to do weekend brunches but get there by 10:30. Stay for hours....Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014I really love the food there :P service excellent....great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimosaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Service was fantastic and the mimosas are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dishes, but very loudkshinesaysVIPDined on 4/27/2014It was very loud, however the food was the bomb. I got the trois popovers. Wow. Soooo good and different. You get your sweet and savory in one dish.Special Features:
- Great Food in the MissionEatingWellDined on 4/26/2014The appetizers were a hit with our dinner party, especially the "Warm Goat Cheese Fondue" with slices of apple and croutons to dip the heated cheese. After finishing the 'Hawaiian Tuna “Poke”' and 'Fried Brussels Sprouts" appetizers we wondered if we could finish the entrees. In fact we didn't finish the Grilled chicken, Gruyere and Mushroom Stuffed Pork Cutlet and Lamb meatballs entrees. The food was above average in taste and presentation. The service was excellent with easy exchanges for complaints with food or drink. We left a generous tip for our waiter. Parking near the restaurant is impossible on Saturday night, use Luna Park valet service or taxi.Special Features:
- Always Good, Always NoisyNeurusDined on 4/25/2014It's always a safe choice. But it's always noisy. :)Special Features:
- Great for brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014I don't know why it took me so long to try Luna Park but I am so happy I did. I originally made reservations for 2 people for Easter Sunday but wanted to add another guest last minute when their original plans fell through. Not only did the accomodate the additional person but they sat us in a cozy booth in the back even though we were originally assigned a much smaller table on this busy day. Our server was attentive but not disruptive and made sure our bottomless mimosa's and water were never empty. We ordered the breakfast sandwich, 3 popovers and the burger...all were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy depending on occassioninnervisionDined on 4/19/2014Luna Park is a perfectly fine option if you are looking for a place to have brunch and bottomless mimosas with a bunch of friends before heading to Dolores Park to spend the afternoon. The only downside is that, like pretty much every other bar/brunch combo in The Mission, the noise level can be way too high. If you are looking to have a more intimate meeting with a few friends or expecting to have a meaningful conversation this is not the place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From out of townThirstyDined on 4/15/2014Luna Park was OK but could be improved a lot if they used table cloths and set the table ( the napkins and silverware were simply piled on the table). The menu could definitely be improved, like offer a fresh fish daily and a few more interesting options. There was not much on the menu that could not be prepared at home quite quickly. Not much thought went into the menu or the food prep or the presentation. We were mildly disappointed.Special Features:
- Creative comfort foodHarveyClanVIPDined on 4/13/2014We enjoyed our Sunday brunch; inventive classic breakfast dishes that were delicious. Bloody Mary's and Mimosas topped off the experience in this lively Mission restaurant. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.