500 Sycamore Valley Road West
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lunalocadanville.com/
- Phone: 9258313644
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please call restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jay 9258313644
A word from Luna Loca
Luna Loca Mexican Restaurant and Cantina is located in the Livery, Danville, California and has been in business for over 15 years. Luna Loca serves the best Mexican food in the East Bay. We use the finest farm fresh vegetables obtainable along with the best meats, poultry, and seafood available, and our exquisite recipes and sauces are prepared daily. Luna Loca has three spacious and immaculate dining rooms so that you can dine in a family friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Luna Loca is open 7 days a week including evening hours for your dining convenience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Luna Loca reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2012Excellent food and service. I visit most of the time I am in the area.Special Features:
- Great Mexican food in the ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/13/2012Don't let the location set your expectations! I've been prowling around Mexican restaurants in the East Bay for years, mostly in areas where there are a lot of Mexicans and Hispanic residents. I don't think Danville fits this description, but the family-owned Luna Loca offers great authentic food. A carnitas burrito was the proper massive size and the meat was not greasy or dried out; plump beans were not overcooked to a mash, still had real texture. Previous visit's chile verde was also stellar with a well-balanced sauce and decent meat chunks. Our waiters have always been friendly & helpful, and the ability to make an Open Table res instead of waiting for a table is now a requirement. Inside patio for large groups, outside tables...yum!Special Features:
- No complaints other than theOneofmyfavoritesDined on 7/7/2012No complaints other than the prices have gone up substantially since I've been there last.Special Features:
- I've been here twice for lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/6/2012I've been here twice for lunch, brought my mom for dinner (Fri nite). Chips were on the table almost before we sat down. Crunchy, not too salty, with pretty good green (mildly spicy) and red (mild) salsas. We had the chicken fajitas for 2. Very good, although the tortillas were small, only 3 each. Our table was too close to the bar, so very loud, there were many tables on the other side of the restaurant, don't know why we didn't get one of those. My mom wanted guacamole, our waiter brought the appetizer instead of the side, he didn't ask, I didn't think to mention it. She said it was excellent, though. The service was efficient, prompt. I won't go back for dinner, felt like we were not that welcome, but will still go for lunch.Special Features:
- Good place for family getlovtodine1Dined on 6/30/2012Good place for family get to gether. We go whenever Kids come to visit. They love it.Special Features:
- This used to be my favoriteKatyDined on 6/27/2012This used to be my favorite place to go for Mexican food until the owner fought with me about accepting my Open Table coupon. He was downright nasty about it. The final straw was when he insulted me by saying "well, it's only $20, right?". If it was only $20, then why wouldn't he accept it. Also, one evening my brother in law got sick after eating there. I will never go back.
- Good Mexican food and a reasonableSteveMVIPDined on 6/22/2012Good Mexican food and a reasonable price. However, their chips were most excellentSpecial Features:
- Nice casual, food was great,Review12Dined on 6/14/2012Nice casual, food was great, margaritas were very strong, too strong!Special Features:
- This is a very nice restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2012This is a very nice restaurant, the food is great and they serve very fast.Special Features:
- Very good service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Very good service and food. We wanted to try this place and was not disappointed. Will come back.Special Features:
- The food was basic MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/13/2012The food was basic Mexican and very good. I just wish the chili relleno had less cheese on the top. However the batter and the sauce was very well prepared. Everyone else loved their food.Special Features:
- Always been here for drinks...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2012Always been here for drinks... was nice to have a meal! Chicken is great! My friend had the chicken burrito (HUGE) and I had a chicken quesadilla... they did NOT skimp on the meat!!Special Features:
- Noisy, crowded, over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/8/2012Noisy, crowded, over-priced and food was mediocre. Tortilla chips and salsas were good. Don't see a second visit anytime in the future.
- Poor Service At Its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/18/2012TERRIBLE SERVICE. Just five of us and we waited over 10 minutes just to be acknowledged once seated AND almost 45 minutes for our food AND this was at 8 pm on a Saturday evening AND the restaurant was not crowded. Had to ask for everything; water, additional tortillas (never did receive the additional tortillas). TERRIBLE SERVICE! Food just ok, nothing to write home about. Much better Mexican food can be found in the area.
- Fresh and flavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/1/2012Fresh is what I think of when I think of the food here. Great flavor. Everything seems fresh.Special Features:
- Good not great Mexican food.PDLeftyDined on 12/31/2011Good not great Mexican food. Lots of margarita options, nice little place.Special Features:
- Average fairOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2011It was pretty busy, I had hoped the table would be ready as 9 people hovering around the bar which made us feel in the way of everyone. Over all fine service but due to the busyness the waitress seemed a little scattered(got refills for only half of the table)Special Features:
- They need to upgrade the qualityGawcabVIPDined on 12/21/2011They need to upgrade the quality of their food and and provide a better presentation....
- Everything was great as usuall.lovtodine1Dined on 11/19/2011Everything was great as usuall. Food,service etc. Our waiter Alberto was super.Special Features:
- Great gem of a Mexican restaurant.KatyDined on 10/2/2011Great gem of a Mexican restaurant. We've been coming here for over 20 years, and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Very wonderful service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2011Very wonderful service. The food was just delicious.Special Features:
- There were six in our party.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2011There were six in our party. The food was good and the service was excellant. We were celebrating my daughter's 15th birthday and we were running late due to my son getting out late from college. We never felt rushed even though we were there well past closing. We were also allowed to bring an ice cream cake, which not only did they serve with candles lit (I didn't have any to bring), they also provided plates, silverware and a large knife to cut the cake. This was a wonderful experience for my daughter, thanks to the excellant service that we received.Special Features:
- Great for Large GroupsLiveToDineVIPDined on 7/18/2011Made an OpenTable res for 10 and was offered a table in the patio. When I said we wanted a table inside, they said because we didn't indicate a preference on OpenTable, we would have to wait for an inside table. Now I know. Be sure to indicate a preference when you make a reservation. Other than the rocky start which wasn't handled very pleasantly, dinner and service was fabulous. My family, visiting from out of town, enjoyed their food and ability to hear each other talk. All the meals came out from the kitchen at the same time, piping hot. The Monday night $1.99 special on combos made me think of this restaurant for our get-together. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially when they have specials.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2011This was our second visit and was very disappointed -- Ordered the chicken fajitas again which were very charbroiled (extra burnt) and really dry this time. Also ordered the prawns picado which warns the dish is spicy but that's all that it was -- you couldn't taste anything other than the mounds of cayenne pepper sitting at the bottom of the dish... Service was very slow and only came to check on us once. Had to ask the busboy for water and extra tortillas when we ran out. Don't think we'll be coming back for a long time....Special Features:
- The chicken on a stick fajitasluv2eatVIPDined on 7/10/2011The chicken on a stick fajitas was so very dry!! Not a good thing.
- Very good food, and it doesn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2011Very good food, and it doesn't get much better for Mexican food in the Tri-Valley area. The portions are so bug you can take some home. Once again, I'll return.Special Features:
- Went there for Father's Day.lovetoeatDined on 6/19/2011Went there for Father's Day. I had the seafood salad. All it was was a mound of lettuce, a sprinkling of crabmeat and one prawn. I also noticed that there was no dressing so I asked the waitress. She said that the salad did not come with dressing. Huh? Salad with no dressing??? This salad was $20!!! Quite steep for what I got. Very disappointing meal. My son had chicken fajitas and my husband had a combo meal. Meals were mediocre. Maybe it was just an off night. I had the seafood buritto last time and it was delish. I had a Passport card (BOGO) and a Screaming Daily Deal ($40 meal voucher) but they would not take both. That's not right because there was nothing written that says I cannot use both. I don't think I will go back.Special Features:
- Service at the bar is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/18/2011Service at the bar is always great. The shrimp camarones was excellent.Special Features:
- Great parking, easy to find,sunnygirlDined on 6/18/2011Great parking, easy to find, great service, and good food.
- First time here. Liked theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2011First time here. Liked the setting, we had dinner on the deck on a beautiful summer eve. Service was okay and margaritas were good but food was disappointing. We were on a travel zoo special deal which included any main course & margaritas. Naturally we gravitated to expensive items. I had filet mignon & veggies; wife had filet & shrimp scampi with veggies. My filet was ordered medium rare & was cooked medium to medium well. wife's was ordered rare & was cooked medium. Shrimp did not have scampi sauce. Filet was edible but not special. Okay meal on a deal but I'd have been upset if I paid the menu price for it. If we go back we'll try the Mexican food.Special Features:
- Everything was just OK: food,DogtessVIPDined on 6/9/2011Everything was just OK: food, service, ambiance. Don't get the house margarita, its impossible to taste any tequilla.
- Very good tasting and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2011Very good tasting and quality and good size portions. Can even take home a to-go box on most entrees; great chips and salsas. I will be going back soon to try another dish.Special Features:
- The cadillac margaritas wereShortstackDined on 5/18/2011The cadillac margaritas were great. My dish which was a prawns, crabmeat and chicken dish served with tortillas, rice and beans was VERY salty and I most definitely would NOT order it again. My husband had an enchilada, tamale, and chile rellano which he enjoyed. The prices are really high...too high! We will probably give it a try again as there is one more Daily Deal coupon left to use, but it will definitely not be a "go too" for us. Without the coupon I don't know that I can choke down paying those kind of prices for mediocre food.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I had anbboopgirl7Dined on 4/30/2011My boyfriend and I had an enjoyable evening at Luna Loca. The dishes we ordered were very good. I ordered the filet with extra veggies and he order the spicy shrimp with beans and rice. My boyfriend had a top shelf margarita which he thought was ok. I ordered a glass of the house white wine which was very good. For dessert we shared a delicious chocolate cake with some smooth coffee. Our server Daniela was wonderful with a great personality. She was also very customer focused. The Mexican food is pricey at Luna Loca, and the service was slow. However, I don't blame our server, because it seemed like there wasn't enough servers to handle the crowd. I am not sure if there were enough people in the kitchen either. Overall, I had suchSpecial Features:
- Just too pricey for MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011Just too pricey for Mexican food in our opinion. Wine was mediocre and way too expensive.